Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,902 members, 7,810,466 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) (57165 Views)

This House Built With Plastic Bottle Is Better Than A Block House( Pictures) / Man Returns From Dubai To See The House Built With Money He Sent Home / Tenant Who Was Served Quit Notice Builds Beautiful House Opposite Landlord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Kemistri3(m): 10:22pm On Nov 23, 2023
This house was built entirely with mudπŸ”₯πŸ”₯😍

What are your thoughts? Drop them below

Source: CK Construction Kenya

72 Likes 13 Shares

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by christejames(m): 10:37pm On Nov 23, 2023
Let's go back to our ancient architecture or modernize it like this... ☺

I don't even know what our architectural students are being taught in our universities 😏, nothing exceptional in their designs, always that 'square design' with 'send down the rain rooftop' that is prominent at almost every estate in the country undecided grin

You guys can do better, be more creative abeg, architecture is more of an art, and arts are unique representation of life, so guard it!

346 Likes 30 Shares

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Kemistri3(m): 10:50pm On Nov 23, 2023
christejames:
Let's go back to our ancient architecture or modernize it like this... ☺

I don't even know what our architectural students are being taught in our universities 😏, nothing exceptional in their designs, always that 'square design' with 'send down the rain rooftop' that is prominent at almost every estate in the country undecided grin

You guys can do better, be more creative abeg, architecture is more of an art, and arts are unique representation of life, so guard it!

You're rightπŸ‘πŸΎ

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by JASONjnr(m): 10:54pm On Nov 23, 2023
Hard to believe.

Because mud houses usually have cracks and vents on the walls.

But I believe this was mixed with cement to hold it firm.

And, it's absolutely beautiful.

Would pass for a tourist attraction.

158 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Rossikk(m): 11:14pm On Nov 23, 2023
Kemistri3:

Fantastic.

This is how we would have been building our houses by now without the colonial invasion.

And do you know that you don't need AC or fans in mud-built houses?

There is a natural cooling effect it has.

104 Likes 12 Shares

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Kemistri3(m): 11:22pm On Nov 23, 2023
Rossikk:

Fantastic.

This is how we would have been building our houses by now without the colonial invasion.

And do you know that you don't need AC or fans in mud-built houses?

There is a natural cooling effect it has.

Yh. Mud houses are great especially in tropical regions like Nigeria. I hope our architects and developers explore it more

5 Likes

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by money121(m): 11:27pm On Nov 23, 2023
Nice one

12 Likes

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by tuzle(m): 1:40am On Nov 24, 2023
There is one video I do watch on YouTube on 2 guys. They build fine structures from just local material gotten from the surrounding. There was one they built a resort with mud and palm leaves, made an underground bath house and use bamboo to connect water from a river nearby. Like those guys are just so artistic. I can't remember the name of the channel.

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by buharibanjo(m): 2:14am On Nov 24, 2023
Superbly done
But...
πŸ™„
What's Mud and passion!??
Na passion buy glass?
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by 4KNGOATS(m): 3:09am On Nov 24, 2023
Firstly this is nothing new, it's called modern designs. Secondly a building like is susceptible to many future problems in terms of dampness due to rainfall excessive heat within interior spaces due to sunlight,damages on glass by accidens and so on.The ancient architecture happens to be the best at all ages .the building components are commendable, excluding the glazing, which covers a large scale of the entrance. So Our contemporary way of roof coverings has been proven to be the best method at all times so there's no need for a bully on Architects of this age.

Kemistri3:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by PedoBear: 3:29am On Nov 24, 2023
Brick houses are much better and last longer

My alma mater since 1925 built with brick still shining today

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by sulakishop(m): 4:47am On Nov 24, 2023
Exquisite!

Let's trace back to the roots while living in the future

4 Likes

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by DaTruths: 5:41am On Nov 24, 2023
PedoBear:
Brick houses are much better and last longer

My alma mater since 1925 built with brick still shining today

Which school?

2 Likes

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by gebest: 6:10am On Nov 24, 2023
Nice one
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by PedoBear: 6:56am On Nov 24, 2023
DaTruths:

Which school?

Loyola not the one in IB

3 Likes

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:45am On Nov 24, 2023
JASONjnr:
Hard to believe.

Baked clay bricks are actually more durable than the normal more, but also a bit expensive.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Rickmann: 9:44am On Nov 24, 2023
Kemistri3:

When primitive technology meets modern-day engineering /architecture.

This is applaudable.πŸ‘πŸ‘

15 Likes

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Cantonese: 3:57pm On Nov 24, 2023
Great

2 Likes

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Offpoint1: 3:57pm On Nov 24, 2023
I wouldn't mind this... They're dope for regulating temperature.

6 Likes

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by ImoleNaija: 3:58pm On Nov 24, 2023
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by allthingsgood: 3:59pm On Nov 24, 2023
Built with clay, not mud

15 Likes

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Laple0541(m): 4:00pm On Nov 24, 2023
Beautiful
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by yomalex(m): 4:00pm On Nov 24, 2023
Impressive

4 Likes

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by MorataFC: 4:00pm On Nov 24, 2023
Wonderfull

4 Likes

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Wealthoptulent(m): 4:00pm On Nov 24, 2023
Kemistri3:

Source: CK Construction Kenya
Fear of Heavy RAIN
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Sonnobax15(m): 4:00pm On Nov 24, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Obakoolex(m): 4:01pm On Nov 24, 2023
grin Who has Ak47 I want to check something
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Thundafireseun: 4:02pm On Nov 24, 2023
sulakishop:
Exquisite!

Let's trace back to the roots while living in the future

You and who ??
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Omoapena(m): 4:02pm On Nov 24, 2023
JASONjnr:
Hard to believe.

Those olden days mud were built with hands and they couldn't smoothen the walls but this was smoothened with the help of trowels

9 Likes

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by javaguru: 4:02pm On Nov 24, 2023
JASONjnr:
Hard to believe.

Cement too do have cracks

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Many Pupils Still Trapped In Lagos School Building Collapse (photos, Video) / From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. / Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.