Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) (57199 Views)

This House Built With Plastic Bottle Is Better Than A Block House( Pictures) / Man Returns From Dubai To See The House Built With Money He Sent Home / Tenant Who Was Served Quit Notice Builds Beautiful House Opposite Landlord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by ThatrealestApex: 4:02pm On Nov 24, 2023
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by SweetyMarvel00(m): 4:03pm On Nov 24, 2023
tuzle:
There is one video I do watch on YouTube on 2 guys. They build fine structures from just local material gotten from the surrounding. There was one they built a resort with mode and palm leaves, made an underground bath house and use bamboo to connect water from a river nearby. Like those guys are just so artistic. I can't remember the name of the channel.
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 4:03pm On Nov 24, 2023
That's is not mud. it's a mixture of mud and some other building materials.

2 Likes

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by orion7: 4:05pm On Nov 24, 2023
Rossikk:

Fantastic.

This is how we would have been building our houses by now without the colonial invasion.

And do you know that you don't need AC or fans in mud-built houses?

There is a natural cooling effect it has.

lol na lie oo. Mud house hot die πŸ₯Ή
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by SweetyMarvel00(m): 4:05pm On Nov 24, 2023
tuzle:
There is one video I do watch on YouTube on 2 guys. They build fine structures from just local material gotten from the surrounding. There was one they built a resort with mode and palm leaves, made an underground bath house and use bamboo to connect water from a river nearby. Like those guys are just so artistic. I can't remember the name of the channel.

Pls remember their names or YouTube channel and send pls...

1 Like

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by yoniehuin(f): 4:05pm On Nov 24, 2023
There are many modern houses like this built with clay in Morocco

6 Likes

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Omoawoke2(m): 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2023
na pako dem dey use build house for America.

Anything is okay as long as it protects, comfortable and beautiful

5 Likes

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by XAUBulls: 4:08pm On Nov 24, 2023
Kemistri3:
This house was built entirely with mudπŸ”₯πŸ”₯😍

What are your thoughts? Drop them below

Source: CK Construction Kenya
That's an awesome piece of architecture.
Made of stabilized laterite-cement bricks which have a natural cooling system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by EmekaBlue(m): 4:11pm On Nov 24, 2023
E make sense
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by RepoMan007: 4:12pm On Nov 24, 2023
Our own idea of mud house is very different from this.
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Spandau: 4:16pm On Nov 24, 2023
Kemistri3:
This house was built entirely with mudπŸ”₯πŸ”₯😍

What are your thoughts? Drop them below

Source: CK Construction Kenya

Building engineers and architects from Nigeria should be sent down to that location to understudy how it was achieved.

1 Like

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by EmperorFred: 4:17pm On Nov 24, 2023
javaguru:

Cement too do have cracks
thats an understatement for something wey de collapse sef

4 Likes

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by ozo13(m): 4:22pm On Nov 24, 2023
Rossikk:

Fantastic.

This is how we would have been building our houses by now without the colonial invasion.

🀣🀣🀣.for core north heat go penetrate oooo.Make I hear say kebbi during heat season no go sweat inside this house without AC
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 24, 2023
tuzle:
There is one video I do watch on YouTube on 2 guys. They build fine structures from just local material gotten from the surrounding. There was one they built a resort with mud and palm leaves, made an underground bath house and use bamboo to connect water from a river nearby. Like those guys are just so artistic. I can't remember the name of the channel.
Dey play, it is scripted.
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by googi: 4:29pm On Nov 24, 2023
Places like Arizona, Texas and European countryside still use mud or clay bricks but expensive as you indicated.

Even modern houses everywhere still used mud or clay bricks on some or all parts of their houses. Most of the fireplaces use the mud or clay bricks.

They are expensive because the mud in brick are baked in oven instead of being left to dry outside.

There are also natural stone houses but expensive. It boils down to using local materials instead of importing far more expensive materials from outside. Indeed marbles and others are available locally.

But builders would quote imported and local materials to you as if you can tell the difference.

YoungBlackRico:
Baked clay bricks are actually more durable than the normal more, but also a bit expensive.

1 Like

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by adecz: 4:39pm On Nov 24, 2023
Problem with black man is the lack
of innovative brain.

Left to him, he will be building round mud
house and grass roofing forever..πŸ˜•

1 Like

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by SaturnNick(m): 4:40pm On Nov 24, 2023
Mud is a good heat insulator. Especially needed in this part of the world. Bravo cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Moniya4Real(m): 4:42pm On Nov 24, 2023
Don’t be surprised when the white man starts making use of it, then we will follow suit. Something that is our own o.

1 Like

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 24, 2023
Rossikk:

Fantastic.

So you tried to build a mud house and the colonial masters stopped you.

Interesting bulshite!

3 Likes

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Seriouslady: 4:43pm On Nov 24, 2023
christejames:
Let's go back to our ancient architecture or modernize it like this... ☺

I don't even know what our architectural students are being taught in our universities 😏, nothing exceptional in their designs, always that 'square design' with 'send down the rain rooftop' that is prominent at almost every estate in the country undecided grin

You guys can do better, be more creative abeg, architecture is more of an art, and arts are unique representation of life, so guard it!
I agree with you absolutely

1 Like

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Natbrowny: 4:43pm On Nov 24, 2023
christejames:

I don't even know what our architectural students are being taught in our universities 😏, nothing exceptional in their designs, always that 'square design' with 'send down the rain rooftop

That one na small.. Our Chemistry student no fit make rat poison chemicals. We still depend on locals for rat poison and dey don't disappoint..

2 Likes

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by hkidola00(m): 4:50pm On Nov 24, 2023
not sure, but i think that video has been dbunked as false.how can you use hand
tuzle:
There is one video I do watch on YouTube on 2 guys. They build fine structures from just local material gotten from the surrounding. There was one they built a resort with mud and palm leaves, made an underground bath house and use bamboo to connect water from a river nearby. Like those guys are just so artistic. I can't remember the name of the channel.
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 4:56pm On Nov 24, 2023
PedoBear:

Loyola not the one in IB

Not a correct way to answer that question.
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by tuzle(m): 5:01pm On Nov 24, 2023
hkidola00:
not sure, but i think that video has been dbunked as false.how can you use hand
yeah most comments say it is scripted but their is one that looks legit but he just builds technologies with what he can find around. When I mean technology all this ancient ones
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by lexy2014: 5:03pm On Nov 24, 2023
christejames:
Let's go back to our ancient architecture or modernize it like this... ☺

I don't even know what our architectural students are being taught in our universities 😏, nothing exceptional in their designs, always that 'square design' with 'send down the rain rooftop' that is prominent at almost every estate in the country undecided grin

You guys can do better, be more creative abeg, architecture is more of an art, and arts are unique representation of life, so guard it!

in the highlighted above, who are the "let's"?

what is stopping you from going back to our ancient architecture or modernizing it?
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by safarifarms(m): 5:05pm On Nov 24, 2023
JASONjnr:
Hard to believe.

Because mud houses usually have cracks and vents on the walls.

But I believe this was mixed with cement to hold it firm.

And, it's absolutely beautiful.

Would pass for a tourist attraction.
Mud with cement still cracks. What stops cracking is addition of fiberous material like chopped straw, rice bran or saw dust etc.

1 Like

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by landiqa(m): 5:11pm On Nov 24, 2023
JASONjnr:
Hard to believe.

Because mud houses usually have cracks and vents on the walls.

But I believe this was mixed with cement to hold it firm.

And, it's absolutely beautiful.

Would pass for a tourist attraction.

Not cement but there is a substance can't recollect the name used to hold it together without cracks.
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by djseanjohn77: 5:12pm On Nov 24, 2023
tuzle:

True, I have seen that as well. Watched many of their videos.
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Kamalex22(m): 5:13pm On Nov 24, 2023
Hisss hisss dey play
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Cantona05: 5:20pm On Nov 24, 2023
This more expensive to any block houses
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by dododawa1: 5:21pm On Nov 24, 2023
Builder

Civil engineerin

Design engineer

Kudos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. / Victims Killed In Lagos Building Collapse (Photos) / Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.