Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,858 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel (33031 Views)

SA-Based Nigerian Percussionist Olukayode Drove Ferrari That Got Tongues Wagging / Man Gave Mechanic His Car To Repair, He Drove The Car To His Girlfriend's House. / Durojaiye Kehinde Obasanjo: I Drove My Amphibious Car From Lagos To Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by Menclothing: 10:24am On Nov 24, 2023
Nice one companies should start promoting it
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by portacabin: 10:26am On Nov 24, 2023
lomprico:

Bros! The refineries dint go bad, the crroks in government abondoned it so that they will keep stealing from importation and subsidy.

You dint get my point, if FG wants to sincerely cut import duties and make CNG affordable and readily available, they can sincerely make our refineries work and if it starts working, no Nigerian will bother about converting their vehicle to CNG fuel.
local refineries will have to buy crude oil at market prices

1 Like

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by iLegendd(m): 10:27am On Nov 24, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Dey deceive yourself and be using lies to advertise CNG grin. Is it not same Akure i know? Did you pass through ilesha-Ife highway at all? If I could try it on generator and there was no significant difference, I wonder how it could work on automobile. When the cng was first being over-hyped here. I tackled the OP. Later when some Nigerians got carborateur and tried to convert their petrol gen to cng, they dropped the idea and kept silent.

Even in the USA, the country we used to copy in everything, there are barely 2,000 cng refuelling stations there. Today, petrol and diesel remain efficient means of powering automobile engines. Any Nigerian who falls for this lie the way they fell for the generator would only throw away money once again.

Take it easy. I turned my gen to use gas since 2019 and it's amazing. The gen has never had fault since then till date and it's cheaper with less sound and no combustion.

Normally, where I stay, there is 24/7 free light, but when transformer misbehaves, that's what I use. Though, I have given the gen out and those people enjoy it till this day. They're scared of gas, so the mostly use fuel.

https://www.nairaland.com/5229157/scary-look-scary-thing-im#79071258

5 Likes

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by themanderon: 10:34am On Nov 24, 2023
The Nigerian factor will soon take over and the price will rise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by reddingtonblack: 10:47am On Nov 24, 2023
IVORY2009:

Good initiative, but your current calculations using dollar to naira is wrong, $380 to 456,000 naira meaning a dollar is 1200, currently dollar at black market is 1140 to 1150

When you are trying to prempt cost or make a budget its best you over estimate than to under estimate.

When you over estimate the worst that can happen you achieve your goal and save back the change, my 2cent

2 Likes

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by maasoap(m): 10:54am On Nov 24, 2023
doggedfighter:
Very cheap
800k to 1m naira to fit. Not enough gas stations nationwide to enjoy the money spent

1 Like

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by maasoap(m): 10:58am On Nov 24, 2023
lomprico:

Bros! The refineries dint go bad, the crroks in government abondoned it so that they will keep stealing from importation and subsidy.

You dint get my point, if FG wants to sincerely cut import duties and make CNG affordable and readily available, they can sincerely make our refineries work and if it starts working, no Nigerian will bother about converting their vehicle to CNG fuel.

Lol. If you understand that as long as there is no subsidy on fuels (petrol, diesel and kerosine), the price difference when it is imported and when it is refined locally won't be much.
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by ufuosman(m): 11:09am On Nov 24, 2023
Nice one
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by scholes23(m): 11:11am On Nov 24, 2023
blackbone989:
Can it b done on an MDX n will it b cheaper than gas?
Cheaper than gas
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by tolue42(m): 11:25am On Nov 24, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Type my name on Google maps

Alright
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by anthonioo(m): 11:30am On Nov 24, 2023
Pls how do I get in touch with you ? Want to learn about it
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by do4luv14(m): 11:32am On Nov 24, 2023
blackbone989:
Can it b done on an MDX n will it b cheaper than gas?

It is a Gas already Sir

we have 2 type of gases, CNG and LNG,

The OP makes use of the CNG
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by adicius: 11:40am On Nov 24, 2023
Well done to you sir, well done.
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by Bimpe29: 11:57am On Nov 24, 2023
Waooo! This is fantabulous. CNG all the way...
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:04pm On Nov 24, 2023
Bimpe29:
Waooo! This is fantabulous. CNG all the way...

I love the enthusiasm
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by VULCAN(m): 12:24pm On Nov 24, 2023
What type of splitting hairs is this?

What is this difference btw 1140 and 1200?

Or are you saying that there is a force that will ensure Dollar cannot touch 1200?

Some people will always look for a spec on your white.

Sigh

IVORY2009:

Good initiative, but your current calculations using dollar to naira is wrong, $380 to 456,000 naira meaning a dollar is 1200, currently dollar at black market is 1140 to 1150

1 Like

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by InvertedHammer: 12:25pm On Nov 24, 2023
/
It seems like a good alternative but the problem is that you can't win in Nigeria. Once the awareness is created and people convert their vehicles to run on CNG, the government will come up with one excuse to jack up the price of CNG.

/

4 Likes

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by shomutuski(m): 12:36pm On Nov 24, 2023
gasparpisciotta:
Very enlightening

FG should do more work and less talk on this CNG training and installation kits.

This initiative can create 100k jobs if properly implemented

Can be very risky, if you are caught in a traffic jam with the heat condition

1 Like

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by MeineMutter: 12:40pm On Nov 24, 2023
lomprico:

I get your point quite alright. They deliberately ran it aground.
It pays to build new one than to fix that. That’s what we are preaching and refinery engineers and technicians have told governments this but somebody somewhere still goes ahead to maintain a refinery that is not serviceable.

All the OEM equipment for the refineries are no longer being manufactured because the manufacturers have stopped spares and service supports for those engines and parts. No manufacturer supports more than 10 years after sales. So the refinery is a junk of old scrap.

Any new equipment they bring there is not from OEM and it will breakdown quickly. Most of them won’t have warranties.

They are only using the refineries to ste.al money.

The 14 trillion Naira they have spent in ‘maintaining’ then could build modern and very hi-tech refinery.

3 Likes

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by Goodoldays(m): 12:42pm On Nov 24, 2023
Very insightful

If we get your type like ten on this platform,that will be great.Sadly what this platform breeds most are idiots

Now to your topic.Speaking of incentive,I read somewhere where the govt plans to subsidy the costs abi the installations to 300k.Maybe I’m not to cleared on that.And most importantly,like you said,Nigerians are versatile and all we need as a country to move to the top on top speed is a transparent leaders.
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by ogawisdom(m): 12:44pm On Nov 24, 2023
You should have used 3.5l V6 vehicle

1 Like

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by Baker77: 12:51pm On Nov 24, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

CNG sells for between 200-270 per SCM .

100per natural gas generators are used by e.g the RCCG to supply power to the camp and environs, another example is BHN in ikorodu generates and supplies power to local factories in ikorodu using GAS generators powered by CNG.

Presently most serious manufacturers run their generators on CNG

Only novice will call you a lier ...I once worked at a power plant here in Lagos ... anytime there's gas outage and we run the plant on diesel our ogas start crying...we use Jenbacher Gen for gas and CAT for diesel

2 Likes

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by NwokoloOwa: 1:09pm On Nov 24, 2023
tolue42:

Are you kidding me? To drive my SUV 6 plugs from Ajah to Ekiti cost me 30k petrol. So that 10k will only take you to Ibadan or before Ibadan your car will off!

I made my assertions having in mind a 1.8l car like the corolla or civic.

For your big SUV the CNG equivalent will be 25% of N30k = N7,500
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by StubbornGENIUS: 1:10pm On Nov 24, 2023
GAZZUZZ am in love with your intelligence

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by adeboro422: 1:17pm On Nov 24, 2023
Watin we come dey wait for. Let the filling station begin to roll out nationwide wide then.Watin we come dey wait for. Let the filling station begin to roll out nationwide wide then....
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by drehdinho(m): 1:33pm On Nov 24, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Dey deceive yourself and be using lies to advertise CNG grin. Is it not same Akure i know? Did you pass through ilesha-Ife highway at all? If I could try it on generator and there was no significant difference, I wonder how it could work on automobile. When the cng was first being over-hyped here. I tackled the OP. Later when some Nigerians got carborateur and tried to convert their petrol gen to cng, they dropped the idea and kept silent.

Even in the USA, the country we used to copy in everything, there are barely 2,000 cng refuelling stations there. Today, petrol and diesel remain efficient means of powering automobile engines. Any Nigerian who falls for this lie the way they fell for the generator would only throw away money once again.

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by hkidola00(m): 2:16pm On Nov 24, 2023
no u wrong, gas usage for gen was cost saving because gas dropped to 500 per kg, i cant say same now that its 1000 per kg
Eriokanmi:

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by Raysleek: 2:25pm On Nov 24, 2023
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=127135727][/quote]
So na you come my station yesterday grin
Welcome to the cng life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by Blakjewelry(m): 2:37pm On Nov 24, 2023
Eriokanmi:

the problem with the generator converter is the converter itself but cost of gas which lng in this case. Cng is not readily available even in the area where it is available I doubt if they have the cng gas tank as you can use your lpg tank for cng. The need for the converter is for the cost of cng and not necessarily for fuel economic.

Same thing with the car, if you live in an area were cng is readily available as the cost of installation, the fuel is way cheaper.

Now on the issue of America not having more than 2k refueling cng stations, there are several factors at play which largely affects the usage of cng car such high cost of a cng car compared to regular car, cheap gasoline price, fewer cng gas station etc.
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by mykeni: 2:39pm On Nov 24, 2023
You too 'sabi hard' ..........the guy is selling lies to the simple. We're fooling ourselves by looking for alternative to LPG or PMS
Eriokanmi:

1 Like

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by Angrygoat: 2:49pm On Nov 24, 2023
I'd rather use hybrid than gas. Nigeria is damn hot coupled with heat from exhaust,tyres,bad roads,bad drivers who would run into your rear,yahoo boys wreckless driving under influence of colos with the aim to kill passers by,shop owners,houses.u will just die by yourself when the cylinder explodes.u won't survive it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-nOPvXiIWQ&pp=ygUNQ25nIGV4cGxvc2lvbg%3D%3D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ6ItsHpTZc
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by tolue42(m): 3:06pm On Nov 24, 2023
NwokoloOwa:

I made my assertions having in mind a 1.8l car like the corolla or civic.

For your big SUV the CNG equivalent will be 25% of N30k = N7,500

Hmmm, still fair enough

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) / Top Car Makers And Their Country Of Origin (photos) / When Your Exotic Ride Is About To Be Kazeemed!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.