Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel (33079 Views)

SA-Based Nigerian Percussionist Olukayode Drove Ferrari That Got Tongues Wagging / Man Gave Mechanic His Car To Repair, He Drove The Car To His Girlfriend's House. / Durojaiye Kehinde Obasanjo: I Drove My Amphibious Car From Lagos To Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by tommy589(m): 8:02am On Nov 24, 2023
Good one
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by obesse: 8:03am On Nov 24, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Dey deceive yourself and be using lies to advertise CNG grin. If I could try it on generator and there was no significant difference, I wonder how it could work on automobile. When the cng was first being over-hyped here. I tackled the OP. Later when some Nigerians got carborateur and tried to convert their petrol gen to cng, they dropped the idea and kept silent.
No mind am. E dey drive motor wey small pass korope dey take advertise for people wey dey use big engine.
grin

10 Likes

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by GloriousGbola: 8:03am On Nov 24, 2023
Gazzuz in the flesh

NNPC has plans to roll out CNG stations nation wide.

once they show commitment other majors will likely follow

1 Like

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by descartes400: 8:03am On Nov 24, 2023
doggedfighter:
Very cheap

Are you sure? Check again!

Finally Cost!: It costs an average of $230 for a CNG sequential kit and about $150 for a 65L CNG type 1 cylinder . Total $380 (N456,000) this is exclusive of shipping , handling and clearing . Eventually the landing cost of these items are about N600,000 , without factoring in the cost of installation and fabrication of the cylinder mount. Tentatively it would cost N800,000-1m to convert or if I use the right technical term retrofit a single vehicle.
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:05am On Nov 24, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Dey deceive yourself and be using lies to advertise CNG grin. Is it not same Akure i know? Did you pass through ilesha-Ife highway at all? If I could try it on generator and there was no significant difference, I wonder how it could work on automobile. When the cng was first being over-hyped here. I tackled the OP. Later when some Nigerians got carborateur and tried to convert their petrol gen to cng, they dropped the idea and kept silent.

Contact me for a test drive. Seeing is believing

11 Likes

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by chieveboy(m): 8:06am On Nov 24, 2023
Good job bro
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:07am On Nov 24, 2023
OPICANTO2223:
Hmmmmm, my prayer is for a good road. Bad road, accident with gas is death ☠️💀. Gas is highly volatile more than PMS

CNG tanks do not explode on impact, disregard what you see in the movies .

8 Likes

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by obesse: 8:07am On Nov 24, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

You wan test drive with motor wey small pass korope!
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:08am On Nov 24, 2023
obesse:

No mind am. E dey drive motor wey small pass korope dey take advertise for people wey dey use big engine.
grin

Contact me for a test drive

1 Like

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by Kobicove(m): 8:08am On Nov 24, 2023
Assuming you had run out of CNG along the way, are there small portable canisters you can use to go buy some CNG?

5 Likes

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by Babangidapikin: 8:08am On Nov 24, 2023
It cost close to 1million Naira to convert , well commercial drivers would have to include that in there cost calculation and future maintenance problem you refuse to state ..

3 Likes

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by Eriokanmi: 8:09am On Nov 24, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

I don't have to bro. Even in the USA where I visit all the time. They have less than 2,000 cng fefuelling stations nationwide. I'd have done that test drive with you with an electric car but we're not there yet, not cng

1 Like

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:09am On Nov 24, 2023
Kobicove:
Assuming you had run out of CNG along the way, are there small portable canisters you can use to go buy some CNG?

It is a dual fuel system, once you run out of gas, the system automatically switches to petrol without asking you and without the engine going off

14 Likes

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by OPICANTO2223: 8:09am On Nov 24, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

CNG tanks do not explode on impact, disregard what you see in the movies .

Nothing is perfect. The impact of such if occurred should be examined
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:11am On Nov 24, 2023
Babangidapikin:
It cost close to 1million Naira to convert , well commercial drivers would have to include that in there cost calculation and future maintenance problem you refuse to state ..

What maintenance costs? Can you backup that claim?
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by Sofistcatdmoron: 8:11am On Nov 24, 2023
Go and drill it in afunja land, don't come to our land
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by femi4: 8:11am On Nov 24, 2023
SoNature:
Bros is promoting his business!

The initial installation cost is just discouraging.
It's worth it in the long run

Same way the initial installation of inverter is on the high side

3 Likes

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by Eriokanmi: 8:12am On Nov 24, 2023
obesse:

grin
My SUV will stop at Ile Ife on CNG. This I know grin. Let someone with an electric means of powering an engine come then, maybe I'd listen. This is the area our government should invest in cos of the capital involvement. I don't know why people are so easily deceived in this country

2 Likes

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by bigdammyj: 8:12am On Nov 24, 2023
Kudos to you for this detailed information Sir.

1 Like

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by forgiveness: 8:14am On Nov 24, 2023
Which is cheaper between CNG and diesel?
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by forgiveness: 8:17am On Nov 24, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Which is cheaper between CNG and diesel?
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by MightySparrow: 8:17am On Nov 24, 2023
GAZZUZZ:
Lagos- ibadan- abeokuta- , km 45lagos Ibadan express (250km ) on ₦2,438

Hyundai I10! 2012

Engine size : 1.1L

Transmission: 4speed automatic

air conditioning on

Traffic conditions NO

Amount of Gas bought 12.1 SCM

Price N200 per SCM (N2,438)

Top speed 120Km/Hr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_s3wfQAuOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VtOdgJRj6o

Tinubu is the leader we need. Things are difficult now but I know as a yoruba man. The stock of Awolowo that made SW use television ahead of France, we are in safe hands. People are judging APC by Buhari's performance.

I see light with Tinubu.
Long live Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by Babangidapikin: 8:19am On Nov 24, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Are you saying there won't be any future problem with it, don't think I am condemning you, after all my Oga at the Top Alhaji uses CNG for his trucks , I am just saying full disclosure is very important, at least you can talk to the FG and do three months or six months test run , as it is you don't know what might or might not go wrong and you know in Nigeria things are always different.
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by bizzibodi(m): 8:19am On Nov 24, 2023
Me self spent #800 from Lagos to lokoja using a fuel cell I invented on my car using my urine as source of fuel.

3 Likes

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by TK9680: 8:22am On Nov 24, 2023
Highly commendable. Can this work for a camry?
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by MightySparrow: 8:24am On Nov 24, 2023
Babangidapikin:

Are you saying there won't be any future problem with it, don't think I am condemning you, after all my Oga at the Top Alhaji uses CNG for his trucks , I am just saying full disclosure is very important, at least you can talk to the FG and do three months or six months test run , as it is you don't know what might or might not go wrong and you know in Nigeria things are always different.

There could be when another northerner is in charge. The southern leaders see better. They see investment opportunities rather than embezzlement.
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by mkoabiola: 8:26am On Nov 24, 2023
I don't understand d part

He said he drove with petrol from akure to ib

How many cng gas station do we have
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by Kingozymandias(m): 8:28am On Nov 24, 2023
All this is like social media rants = screaming into a hurricane. Nigeria government is insincere, They will frustrate anything that will make life easier for the masses. All they do is media propaganda and hype no real intent to improve the lives of poor NIgerians . Until the citizens are ready to rise and tackle the government head on ,they should keep wasting their time.
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by Babangidapikin: 8:31am On Nov 24, 2023
MightySparrow:

There could be when another northerner is in charge. The southern leaders see better. They see investment opportunities rather than embezzlement.
You and your biase mind, who invite you, as if it's not your Southern leader that impose Bubu and Northern leaders that impose Ebora Owu ..
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by brownemmanuel43(m): 8:31am On Nov 24, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Dey deceive yourself and be using lies to advertise CNG grin. Is it not same Akure i know? Did you pass through ilesha-Ife highway at all? If I could try it on generator and there was no significant difference, I wonder how it could work on automobile. When the cng was first being over-hyped here. I tackled the OP. Later when some Nigerians got carborateur and tried to convert their petrol gen to cng, they dropped the idea and kept silent.

Even in the USA, the country we used to copy in everything, there are barely 2,000 cng refuelling stations there. Today, petrol and diesel remain efficient means of powering automobile engines. Any Nigerian who falls for this lie the way they fell for the generator would only throw away money once again.
Are u for real sir? Could be kind enough to elaborate more on this pls
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by ncoolsome(m): 8:32am On Nov 24, 2023
Eriokanmi:

Even in the USA, the country we used to copy in everything, there are barely 2,000 cng refuelling stations there. Today, petrol and diesel remain efficient means of powering automobile engines. Any Nigerian who falls for this lie the way they fell for the generator would only throw away money once again.

You tried using gas for your generator when it was 580 naira or now that it's 920 naira to do your comparison ?? Do you know about from the economic benefit there's also environmental and for the fact that you don't get to repair your generator frequently using gas compared to pms..
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by jumper524(m): 8:34am On Nov 24, 2023
Eriokanmi:

CNG is different from LPG.
CNG is cheaper in Nigeria than in the USA.
only problem we should discuss is the idea of it not sky rocketing to like LPG.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Picture Of Man Transporting A Cow With 'Okada' / See Pics Of Innoson Motors Workers On Duty Amidst Rumour The Company Has Stopped / Meet “Toyota 86”: The Amazing Toyota Nigerians Are Yet To Discover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.