Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel (33103 Views)

SA-Based Nigerian Percussionist Olukayode Drove Ferrari That Got Tongues Wagging / Man Gave Mechanic His Car To Repair, He Drove The Car To His Girlfriend's House. / Durojaiye Kehinde Obasanjo: I Drove My Amphibious Car From Lagos To Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by Fujiyama: 8:55pm On Nov 28, 2023
Sofistcatdmoron:
Go and drill it in afunja land, don't come to our land

^^^
undecided

Contribute something useful to the thread, please.
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by Fujiyama: 9:00pm On Nov 28, 2023
benuejosh:
Obi supporters no go like am. Them hate good news from this administration.

^^^
undecided

As usual.

You have nothing to say about the economics of CNG...or the engineering of CNG. You have nothing to say about the maintenance or repair of CNG. You have nothing to say about cost benefit analysis of the various options at current market rates for forex and CNG itself. And it is understandable you don't...because those topics require quite a bit of brain power.

Be quiet and let us hear those who have something useful to say.

3 Likes

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:07am On Nov 29, 2023
ubreeze:
Thanks so much Gazzuzz for this, your experiment on LPG conversion for generators gave me the confidence to convert my generator. When I saw ur videos on TikTok, I really wanted to know the year of the Hyundai i10 so I could do some calculations on the gains you got from converting it. I'm happy U stated the year on this post.
The 2012 i10 has an average fuel efficiency of 32.2 MPG or 13.68 KM per liter according to data from FUELLYdotcom (this data was gotten from 55 vehicles, tracked across 2,651 fuel ups and 568,897 miles).
Using this average, that 267km trip you did with N2,450 worth of CNG would have cost you: 267/13.68= 19.5 liters to complete.
That is N13,271 at N680 per liter (As sold in my area), an incredible savings of N10, 821!!!, (over 80%).
I had already made up my mind to convert my car to CNG cos I had done extensive research on it before now. The only issue was that there were no CNG stations in my State.
Luckily, last month a CNG station was commissioned in my state, the very next Local Government to where I stay (39km away).
Your videos once again on CNG conversion are timely, I can see the practicality of it all (not just theories and figures I got online), thank you so much.
I think I will begin my conversion journey while I try to get those who would partner with me to get a station operational in the town I live.

Thank you
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by sonety2k(m): 2:47am On Dec 02, 2023
Lovely
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by Karlifate: 8:51am On Dec 06, 2023
InvertedHammer:
/
It seems like a good alternative but the problem is that you can't win in Nigeria. Once the awareness is created and people convert their vehicles to run on CNG, the government will come up with one excuse to jack up the price of CNG.

/

Exactly! cheesy

You want to compete with the Government...

Dem go frustrate you till you enter debt. grin
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by GloryMacFred: 7:52am On Dec 16, 2023
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=127135727][/quote]

I believe that this is possible.

I have seen a company before use gas to power and run their lighting.

This is impressive if it is true. Afterall in foreign countries, they use gas to power most of their vehicles.
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by samintegrity(m): 10:05am On Dec 16, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Refilling is the main issue, carrying a cylinder in and out of a vehicle is not wise.

I have a lot of feasible workable solutions which have been used In India, I will share once the projects are almost ready. But it's all centered around bringing down cost of electricity via CNG .

Nice work bro

But I feel CNG is relatively cheap in Nigeria for now because of its low usage and patronage.. basically because it seems to be wasting away..

Remember when Nigerians started using cooking gas? It was way cheaper than kero.

So my problem is, our government...

The moment more and more people begin to use, The Government will see it as another opportunity to meek the masses or in their terms generate more money to boost the economy.

Then at this point, the price may likely go as high as #900

Thou not in the next decade thou.. the acceptability largely depends on how cheap the installation is..

If I also have some change to spare, I may consider installing it on my Camry, but then no refilling CNG station in Akure

So for now, enjoy sir..
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by providencia(m): 2:46pm On Dec 16, 2023
When you are done making noise about cng, they will increase the price just like they increased cooking gas lpg
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:54am On Dec 23, 2023

2 Likes

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by Angrygoat: 4:39pm On Dec 23, 2023
I saw one g wagon with generator engine and tank. I need am badly.to replace gen engine with fuel tank inside bonnet no go cost. The only ish na explosion on impact.i need to find the sellers number on Tiktok
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:57am On Dec 25, 2023
Angrygoat:
I saw one g wagon with generator engine and tank. I need am badly.to replace gen engine with fuel tank inside bonnet no go cost. The only ish na explosion on impact.i need to find the sellers number on Tiktok

Follow me ok TikTok.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM6SQvYyy/

1 Like

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by wave1(m): 1:19pm On Jan 17
What's the cost of installation Honda civic 2007?
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:36pm On Jan 18
wave1:
What's the cost of installation Honda civic 2007?

Installation is tied to FX, kindly call

08033910382 for price list
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:36pm On Jan 18
The most fuel efficient vehicle in Nigeria .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFDvJ47tgBQ?si=o2-wc-XSvQAoNNPb

1 Like

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 10:10pm On Jan 26
Please, what is the cost of installing this on a Toyota camry big daddy?
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:44pm On Jan 27
CatchMeIfUCanMO:

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by codemaster2much: 10:23pm On Jan 28
CatchMeIfUCanMO:
I dont kmow how much gazzuzz does his but a guy that does same around gbagada charges 800k to 1,3m
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 3:55pm On Jan 29
codemaster2much:
I dont kmow how much gazzuzz does his but a guy that does same around gbagada charges 800k to 1,3m

Ok, thanks.
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by Afolarin18(f): 6:58am On Mar 23
The lack of information or inability to research about car convertion to CNG in Nigeria is making some people drop negative comments.

Portland Gas limited in Ojota does convertion for a while now at ojota in Lagos. They also have a refueling station. It's a company the government has been supportive for a while. You can check them about.

A lot of cars are already using CNG. If you check their Instagram page this see videos of different types of cars (even SUVs) been convert.

1 Like

Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by searchng4love: 5:03am On Mar 29
Afolarin18:
The lack of information or inability to research about car convertion to CNG in Nigeria is making some people drop negative comments.

Portland Gas limited in Ojota does convertion for a while now at ojota in Lagos. They also have a refueling station. It's a company the government has been supportive for a while. You can check them about.

A lot of cars are already using CNG. If you check their Instagram page this see videos of different types of cars (even SUVs) been convert.
Do they offer warranty for the conversion? Will insurance companies agree to insure such?
Re: I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel by searchng4love: 5:04am On Mar 29
codemaster2much:
Still not economical unless you're driving a gas guzzler

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See Pics Of Innoson Motors Workers On Duty Amidst Rumour The Company Has Stopped / Picture Of Man Transporting A Cow With 'Okada' / Meet “Toyota 86”: The Amazing Toyota Nigerians Are Yet To Discover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.