Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,273 members, 7,836,226 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die (19164 Views)

How You Can Know For Sure That You Will Go To Heaven When You Die / Nobody Goes To Heaven Or Hell When They Die / Where Will Mad People Go To When They Die: Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by Kobojunkie: 9:24pm On Nov 26, 2023
GreatAchiever1:
■ Body - from the earth. Soul - from God.
■ Behold, all souls are Mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is Mine. The soul who sins will die.
— Ezekiel 18:4
So, where exactly is it written that souls are not made from the dust as written in Genesis 2 vs 6 - 7 ? undecided

2. I will go ahead and state that comprehension is an issue here in the way you have chosen to realize what is written in the passage below.
1 The word of the Lord came to me. He said,
2 “Why do you people say this proverb: ‘The parents ate the sour grapes, but the children got the sour taste’ ?”
3 But the Lord God says, “By my life, I swear that people in Israel will not think this proverb is true anymore!
4 I will treat everyone, child and parent, just the same. The one who sins is the one who will die! - Ezekiel 18 vs 1 - 4
Death, as defined by God in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 24 applies to the whole that is a man, and a man is comprised of a mind, body, and a soul. undecided
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by Boo3nity(m): 9:44pm On Nov 26, 2023
Download Inferno the movie and find out.
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by Sweetvie: 10:07pm On Nov 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid that is a lie fed you by your pastors and mogs. Scripture does in fact tell you were everyone is meant to end up in the end. undecided

2. Again, this is wrong since Jesus Christ made clear that except a man be born-again — born of water and born of Spirit — He cannot enter into the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 1 - 21- where He is King and ruler over Heaven(Eternal Reward) and Hell(Eternal Damnation) - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. Are babies born of Water AND born of Spirit? undecided

This answer has been available for over 1900 years to all those who truly seek knowledge of God. So, how come you are still digging blindly about in ignorance even after all this time? That is a question you need to ask yourself. undecided
No scripture specifically stated that babies go to hell. Jesus Christ also made it clear that children are pure and innocent in God's eyes. They have no sin
Luke 18:16, Mathew 19:14: "Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God."
He says that little children have the faith that is needed to enter the kingdom.
You want to tell me those babies that died immediately after birth go to hell or those kids that knew nothing?
Jesus also talk about children and their faith in Matthew
Matthew 18:10: "See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven."
He says that children are precious in God's sight, and that they have a special place in the kingdom of heaven.
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by DavidEsq(m): 10:08pm On Nov 26, 2023
Naijaplos:
There is nothing for which they can be punished, they cannot go to hell.
Infant gain heaven thru God's mercy and grace, they seem to escape hell by virtue of merit. ps 127:3, isa 65:8, rom 5:14
Ps. 127:3 simply says sons are an inheritance, that is a gift from God. How does that translate to babies going to heaven when they die? Isaiah 65:8 talks of God's mercy to her SERVANTS! Not babies. Romans 5:14 tells us how death doesn't spare anyone, including the righteous. Do u see how u twist scriptures to aid your narrative? Solomon has long told us what happens to us when we die but ur twisted sense of vidictiveness won't let you be:
Ecclesiastes 3:18-20 explains this but no that just can't be. Wicked people should roast, just to justify your choice to be holy because I "deprived" yourself of fleshly pleasures but they didn't.
Even Jesus in John 3:13 said that no one has gone to heaven except he who came down from there. When Lazarus returned from grave, wouldn't that mean Jesus did him injustice by bringing him from heaven if he really went to heaven after he died? Why didn't he speak of great and wonderful things he saw over there to all those crowd who came to see him? Wasn't that a good time to do that? Romans 10:2 describes your lot, that because I don't have accurate knowledge of God, u seek to establish your own brand of righteousness.
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by Kobojunkie: 10:21pm On Nov 26, 2023
Sweetvie:
■ No scripture specifically stated that babies go to hell.
■ Jesus Christ also made it clear that children are pure and innocent in God's eyes. They have no sin
Luke 18:16, Mathew 19:14: "Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God."
He says that little children have the faith that is needed to enter the kingdom.
You want to tell me those babies that died immediately after birth go to hell or those kids that knew nothing?
Matthew 18:10: "See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven."
■ He says that children are precious in God's sight and that they have a special place in the kingdom of heaven.
If you have to wait for Scripture to create a specific section dealing only with newborns then you have absolutely no business with Scripture whatsoever. undecided

2. Jesus Christ said absolutely nothing of what you claim though. If you would only open your eyes to what is in fact written, you would see that what Jesus Christ said is that His followers would need to become like children — not be children— in order for the Kingdom of God to belong to them.
13 People brought their small children to Jesus so that he could lay his hands on them to bless them. But the followers told the people to stop bringing their children to him.
14 Jesus saw what happened. He did not like his followers telling the children not to come. So he said to them, “Let the little children come to me. Don’t stop them, because God’s kingdom belongs to people who are like these little children.
15 The truth is, you must accept God’s kingdom like a little child accepts things, or you will never enter it.”
16 Then Jesus held the children in his arms. He laid his hands on them and blessed them. - Mark 10 vs 13 - 16
13 Then the people brought their little children to Jesus so that he could lay his hands on them to bless them and pray for them. When the followers saw this, they told the people to stop bringing their children to him.
14 But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me. Don’t stop them, because God’s kingdom belongs to people who are like these children.”
15 After Jesus blessed the children, he left there. - Matthew 19 vs 13 - 15
Rather, He said His own disciples were to become LIKE children in order to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. undecided
5 Some people brought their small children to Jesus so that he could lay his hands on them to bless them. But when the followers saw this, they told the people not to do this.
16 But Jesus called the little children to him and said to his followers, “Let the little children come to me. Don’t stop them, because God’s kingdom belongs to people who are like these little children.
17 The truth is, you must accept God’s kingdom like a little child accepts things, or you will never enter it.” - Luke 18 vs 15 - 17
Children do not inherit the Kingdom of God. Rather. It is people who become LIKE children that will inherit the Kingdom of God. undecided

3. That fable was told to you by your popes and your many other gods of men. God never said that nor hinted at any such in Scripture. undecided

1 Like

Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by DavidEsq(m): 10:23pm On Nov 26, 2023
Sweetvie:
No scripture specifically stated that babies go to hell. Jesus Christ also made it clear that children are pure and innocent in God's eyes. They have no sin
He says that children are precious in God's sight, and that they have a special place in the kingdom of heaven.
I love the bible because if u seek to twist it's truth, another truth from another scripture would expose ur yansh!😂😂 If Jesus viewed children as pure and having no sin, my good sir, could u explain why children were also destroyed in Sodom and Gomorrah? Abi all their pikin don big finish and nobody come born any new pikin when God destroy them?😂😂.

What Jesus simply meant was that children were malleable at heart; thus, easy to teach. That we should be like children who are easy to teach. Have u tried reaching a child? U see how he or she catches on and the next moment, u would be amazed to see how well she has assimilated your teachings and is regurgitating the lesson? Why did Jesus say that except we become like "one of these", that is children, we won't see God's kingdom? Was he saying we would have to demetamorphose to childood stage from Adulthood? No! He was simply saying our hearts must be like the hearts of children. That is, a teachable heart and not a stubborn, oloriburuku!
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by DavidEsq(m): 10:26pm On Nov 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If you have to wait for Scripture to create a specific section dealing only with newborns then you have absolutely no business with Scripture whatsoever. undecided

2. Jesus Christ said absolutely nothing of what you claim though. If you would only open your eyes to what is in fact written, you would see that what Jesus Christ said is that His followers would need to become like children — not be children— in order for the Kingdom of God to belong to them.

Rather, He said His own disciples were to become LIKE children in order to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. undecided
Children do not inherit the Kingdom of God. Rather. It is people who become LIKE children that will inherit the Kingdom of God. undecided

3. That fable was told to you by your popes and your many other gods of men. God never said that nor hinted at any such in Scripture. undecided
Thank u for this. U know those tables to ease the pain of bereavement but it only led to more questions being asked and finding no answers from these popes, atheism and hate for God began to rise. False religious teachings is the birth atheism
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by DavidEsq(m): 10:31pm On Nov 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid that is a lie fed you by your pastors and mogs. Scripture does in fact tell you were everyone is meant to end up in the end. undecided

2. Again, this is wrong since Jesus Christ made clear that except a man be born-again — born of water and born of Spirit — He cannot enter into the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 1 - 21- where He is King and ruler over Heaven(Eternal Reward) and Hell(Eternal Damnation) - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. Are babies born of Water AND born of Spirit? undecided

This answer has been available for over 1900 years to all those who truly seek knowledge of God. So, how come you are still digging blindly about in ignorance even after all this time? That is a question you need to ask yourself. undecided
Romans 10:2 has already described his types. They seem to establish their own brand of righteousness, rather than adhering to that of God.
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by Sweetvie: 11:16pm On Nov 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Lol
Ok. Lemme ask you then, why do you think people needs to become like children to inherit the kingdom of God and why do Jesus use babies/ children as the reference? Matthew 18: 3
And you didn't answer my question, those babies that died immediately after birth, where do they go to?
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by Sweetvie: 11:18pm On Nov 26, 2023
Boo3nity:
Download Inferno the movie and find out.
grin grin
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by Kobojunkie: 11:26pm On Nov 26, 2023
Sweetvie:
■ Lol...Ok. Lemme ask you then, why do you think people needs to become like children to inherit the kingdom of God and why do Jesus use babies/ children as the reference? Matthew 18: 3
■ And you didn't answer my question, those babies that died immediately after birth, where do they go to?
1. The Simple answer is given to you by Jesus Christ in His Gospel. In order to do His Father's Will, He had to abandon His own will —die to HIs ego of sorts — and then live His life in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of His Father. In Much the same way, Jesus Christ commands His followers to submit to and obey His teachings and commandments. Unlike adults who are set in their ways, kids, are able to submit and obey their parents.

2. God told you where they go in Genesis 3
16 Then God said to the woman, “I will cause you to have much trouble when you are pregnant. And when you give birth to children, you will have much pain.
You will want your husband very much, but he will rule over you.”
17 Then God said to the man, “I commanded you not to eat from that tree. But you listened to your wife and ate from it. So I will curse the ground because of you. You will have to work hard all your life for the food the ground produces.
18 The ground will grow thorns and weeds for you. And you will have to eat the plants that grow wild in the fields.
19 You will work hard for your food until your face is covered with sweat. You will work hard until the day you die, and then you will become dust again. I used dust to make you, and when you die, you will become dust again.”
20 Adam named his wife Eve.[d] He gave her this name because Eve would be the mother of everyone who ever lived.
21 The Lord God used animal skins and made some clothes for the man and his wife. Then he put the clothes on them.
22 The Lord God said, “Look, the man has become like us—he knows about good and evil. And now the man might take the fruit from the tree of life. If the man eats that fruit, he will live forever.”
23 So the Lord God forced the man out of the Garden of Eden to work the ground he was made from.
24 God forced the man to leave the garden. Then he put Cherub angels and a sword of fire at the entrance to the garden to protect it. The sword flashed around and around, guarding the way to the Tree of Life. - Genesis 3 vs 16 - 24
Everyone who dies outside of God's Will — God's Law — is returned to the dust from which we were all created— they cease to exist. Babies were not created in Heaven but rather they were created from the dust of this earth(mind, body, and soul) and when babies die, they go back to the dust — mind, body and soul. undecided
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by 5ThChild: 1:04am On Nov 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Not according to Scripture, but your ignorance! undecided
You are stupid
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by Kobojunkie: 1:12am On Nov 27, 2023
5ThChild:
■ You are stupid
For pointing out your ignorance? undecided
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by Netmuch(m): 6:36am On Nov 27, 2023
Dead babies are reborn in another family, no body will see God without going through (believe) christ.

He misses the fact that before the carrying away to hell, first comes Trial under God's Law Stating that no person can be punished without a fair Trial, as Adam (male and female) the first lawbreakers got, which is what Judgment Day is about.

And since babies have not yet reached the age of accountability, they can not be charged and tried[/quote]
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by GreatAchiever1: 7:03am On Nov 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, where exactly is it written that souls are not made from the dust as written in Genesis 2 vs 6 - 7 ? undecided

2. I will go ahead and state that comprehension is an issue here in the way you have chosen to realize what is written in the passage below.
Death, as defined by God in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 24 applies to the whole that is a man, and a man is comprised of a mind, body, and a soul. undecided

See as you paraphrase the verse to suite your ideology. Well the soul in that verse appeared four times, it's talking about the inner breathing substance of the man (amongst others like, the spiritual being of the man involving passions, emotion, activity of the will etc).

What you claim that some souls(in this discussion, dead babies and down-syndrome) cease to exist when they die is not supported by Scripture.

And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,
— Hebrews 9:27

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
— 2 Corinthians 5:10

Babies can't respond to the gospel call, when they don't even know their right from their left.
I believe that God grants saving grace on the basis of the sufficiency of Jesus Christ atonement on the cross which is consistent with God’s love and mercy.
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by FRANELCLINIC: 7:25am On Nov 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. But Deuteronomy 24 vs 16 has nothing to do with Generational curses. It instead has to do with the carrying out of statutes and punishment by men.

So, again, I ask, are you insinuating that God lied in Ezekiel 18 vs 3?

2. Is it me or are you clueless about God's actual decree regarding generational sins in the Law of Moses?

God didn't lie. A proverb developed in Israel, but certainly not on the basis of God's law. Apparently, God made the statement he made to re-iterate his original position on the matter, as it hasn't changed. God isn't one to impute the consequences of one's error another; whether his descendant, his friend, or his spouse, they will only share the same fate if they follow the same course.
I think that's what God said in Exodus 20:5. Exodus 20:5 completes the statement God made in 34:6, 7. It added the words ‘for those who hate me’ showing that it doesn't necessarily apply to all of a person's descendants, only to those descendants imitating their forefathers’ hateful course.

But it is evident that you don't see it the same way I do. And it's alright.
No two people can understand everythings in the same way. That's why God arranged for a central source of instruction which his people were to adhere to: in ancient Israel: the Levitical priesthood as one unit; in the first century: the apostles and elders in Jerusalem; and today I think that one of the reasons for Christendom’s heavy dissent is the lack of a central source of education that everyone should adhere to.
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by FRANELCLINIC: 7:33am On Nov 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Where in Scripture is this not only stated by God but given as law to man by Him? Recall that without the Law, there is no sin meaning if it is not expressed in God's Law you have no permission from God to declare it sin against God.

2. Inclined towards obedience? That sounds like hockphooey! What God demands is not an inclinations towards but matter of factual obedience of His teachings and Law. Anything other than that is rubbish! undecided

I'm saying that you have to be inclined towards obedience BEFORE factual obedience follows. The intentions precedes the actions (unless in mindless, thoughtless actions), and that's why the greatest command of the Law, which Jesus also taught, said that we should love Jehovah ‘with all our mind and with all our heart.’

The 10th commandment of the Law of Moses is a good example, because it prohibited wrong desire, something that no human can enforce. By desiring his neighbor's property, one breaks the 10th commandment.
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by Bliztzer: 8:47am On Nov 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
That idea is hogwash! No soul can in fact be sold or bought. These ideas all thrive only when people buy into such delusions. undecided

grin grin hogwash!?

What do you think happens when a man decides to sell another man for money in the world of witchcraft?

And who told you a soul can't be sold?
All they need is legality, once they do you are toasted.
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by Bliztzer: 8:49am On Nov 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
That idea is hogwash! No soul can in fact be sold or bought. These ideas all thrive only when people buy into such delusions. undecided

Awww so it is you. Stop deceiving yourself
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by charlsecy(m): 11:53am On Nov 27, 2023
Naijaplos:
Infant gain heaven thru God's mercy and grace, they seem to escape hell by virtue of merit..
What's the basis of the Death if people could make heaven without Christ?
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by okoroemeka(m): 12:29pm On Nov 27, 2023
Naijaplos:
Infant gain heaven thru God's mercy and grace, they seem to escape hell by virtue of merit. ps 127:3, isa 65:8, rom 5:14
if you think you can make heaven by dieing as a baby better have a rethink,because our sadistic God cannot allow you access to paradise due to the technicality of been a baby,they must find a charge to remand you in hell,either you are created by illegal sex,or the mother cheated while pregnant,or she just sinned when pregnant,I am even suspicious that if the baby bits her mother's tits that could also be a sin,so if you think our mischievous and sadist father will give you a break because you are a baby,think again,there are special hellfire for babies and children with slow low burning fire to match their stature.
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by Kobojunkie: 2:31pm On Nov 27, 2023
Bliztzer:
grin grin hogwash!? What do you think happens when a man decides to sell another man for money in the world of witchcraft? And who told you a soul can't be sold?
All they need is legality, once they do you are toasted
Like I said, it all sounds like hogwash because even those who claim to have sold their souls remain subject to the very same rules that guide and limit the rest of us.... nothing changes except for the fact the set of mentally-subscribed delusion the operate under. undecided
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by Dtruthspeaker: 2:45pm On Nov 27, 2023
ELKHALIFAISIS:
u said 7 but some started fingering themselves from 3years does it mean they don't know what they were doing

You are the one who saw them doing so address it.
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by Dtruthspeaker: 2:59pm On Nov 27, 2023
CJStarz:

See as you dey abuse me.
No wahala.
I won't respond to a mad man's stare with mine.
Udo!

You look your yarn, na normal talk wey person wey dey reasonable suppose say?

On top the fact say mad and wicked people full here, (like the one he own me to see pikin wey dey finger demself) and me i no like to engage dem. So, Ozugo. If you dey reasonable I fit respond and if i no fit, e no hard to talk say I no know dat side.
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by Dtruthspeaker: 3:03pm On Nov 27, 2023
CJStarz:
I didn't get your left and right mixed up response.
Anyways,thanks for engaging.

The short version of what I said is that all men made laws eg constitutions, Statutes, etc all come from Natural Law., I once told you this and you could not accept it.
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by Dtruthspeaker: 3:08pm On Nov 27, 2023
OctavianAC:

This maybe applicable on earth, while in the heavenly realm God can continue punishment till the forth generation, Deut 5:9. God is dangerous and wicked to those who are dangerous and wicked. Ps 18: 25-26

Your words is "can continue punishment" which means His Court and Trial took placr first before a judgement of guilt and punishment was levied.

So, the question is has a Child ever been taken and tried in God's Court? Check and see if you find one case of where a child was judged by God.
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by Dtruthspeaker: 4:26pm On Nov 27, 2023
OctavianAC:

Can you listen to yourself, are you asking "if it matter what God is"? Maybe you are thinking that God is nothing. You are thinking of how earth should, for a question partaining to heaven. Is the earth heaven? Earth is earth which means dust and it is destructible. Heaven is a spiritual realm/home that is indestructible for the incorruptible.

I am saying what God is, and all the other side talk you are trying to raise, are not the issue of this thread.
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by Bliztzer: 7:19pm On Nov 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Like I said, it all sounds like hogwash because even those who claim to have sold their souls remain subject to the very same rules that guide and limit the rest of us.... nothing changes except for the fact the set of mentally-subscribed delusion the operate under. undecided

Continue in your self delusion, hide it behind your many ignorance and wrap it up with your well constructed grammar.

You re just another educated ignoramus.
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by Banhammy717: 7:47pm On Nov 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
returned? undecided
Yeah, where everyone came from
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by Kobojunkie: 7:52pm On Nov 27, 2023
Banhammy717:

Yeah, where everyone came from
And would would that be? undecided
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by kkins25(m): 10:42pm On Nov 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The Simple answer is given to you by Jesus Christ in His Gospel. In order to do His Father's Will, He had to abandon His own will —die to HIs ego of sorts — and then live His life in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of His Father. In Much the same way, Jesus Christ commands His followers to submit to and obey His teachings and commandments. Unlike adults who are set in their ways, kids are able to submit and obey their parents
. I disagree.

"Submitting" to the will of God is not something Jesus preach. In that context, considering that jesus is one who preaches "seek, knock until you find" and "I will turn brothers against sisters, Fathers against Suns, etc. " It cannot be "submit" because to "submit" will be to accept whatever your parents and the Pharisees teach you about "the way, the truth, and the life."

To Sweetvie,
Becoming a child here designates being able to format your current beliefs and start from scratch. The only way you can follow Jesus isn't to abandon your life; that's a calling for spiritual leaders. For you, it's to re-assess your current beliefs; what is the essence of your religious practices? Do you kneel to pray? If so, why?

If you stood to pray, does that affect the quality of prayer? If not, then why admonish standing to pray? A child is humble, yet rebellious, often learning from instruction but questioning such instructions. Be simple and wiling to trust that Love will get you to the promised land.

Get the point? Hence, the significance of being baptized, with water. It signifies your rebirth through the womb, once more wearing a child's mind, willing to love God with all your heart and spirit like a child loves their parent. Submission is the devil's workshop!

For how can you be submissive and fight against your father, mother, daughter, the Sadducees, and Pharisees, from whom you depend for spiritual instruction? (Matthew 10:34-36)

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out. ---1 John 4 ESV.

To be Christian is to upgrade your religious database continuously. The laws of yesterday will become obsolete tomorrow. That's why, with every era that comes, heaven and hell are destroyed, and after the third day into a new era, a new Heaven and a new hell emerges.
Re: Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die by Kobojunkie: 11:05pm On Nov 27, 2023
FRANELCLINIC:
God didn't lie. A proverb developed in Israel, but certainly not on the basis of God's law. Apparently, God made the statement he made to re-iterate his original position on the matter, as it hasn't changed. God isn't one to impute the consequences of one's error another; whether his descendant, his friend, or his spouse, they will only share the same fate if they follow the same course. I think that's what God said in Exodus 20:5. Exodus 20:5 completes the statement God made in 34:6, 7. It added the words ‘for those who hate me’ showing that it doesn't necessarily apply to all of a person's descendants, only to those descendants imitating their forefathers’ hateful course.
■ But it is evident that you don't see it the same way I do. And it's alright. No two people can understand everythings in the same way. That's why God arranged for a central source of instruction which his people were to adhere to: in ancient Israel: the Levitical priesthood as one unit; in the first century: the apostles and elders in Jerusalem; and today I think that one of the reasons for Christendom’s heavy dissent is the lack of a central source of education that everyone should adhere to
1. I can't seem to make heads or tails of your claims here. And it does not seem at all that you have full comprehension of what stated in the two verses you referenced at all.
5 Don’t worship or serve idols of any kind, because I, the Lord, am your God. I hate my people worshiping other gods. People who sin against me become my enemies, and I will punish them. And I will punish their children, their grandchildren, and even their great-grandchildren. - Exodus 20 vs 5
God re-iterated this punishment for those who make themselves His enemies in Exodus 34 vs 4-7.
4 So Moses made two more stone tablets like the first ones. Early the next morning Moses went up Mount Sinai, just as the Lord had commanded. Moses carried the two stone tablets with him.
5 Then the Lord came down to him in a cloud, stood there with Moses, and spoke his own name.
6 That is, the Lord passed in front of Moses and said, “Yahweh, the Lord, is a kind and merciful God. He is slow to become angry. He is full of great love. He can be trusted.
7 He shows his faithful love to thousands of people. He forgives people for the wrong things they do, but he does not forget to punish guilty people. Not only will he punish the guilty people, but their children, their grandchildren, and their great-grandchildren will also suffer for the bad things these people do.” - Exodus 34 vs 4- 7
God made Himself clear as far as those whom He would punish for crimes against Him. God swore by His own Life when repealing the law for good reason. undecided
1. The word of the Lord came to me. He said,
2 “Why do you people say this proverb: ‘The parents ate the sour grapes, but the children got the sour taste’ ?”
3 But the Lord God says, “By my life, I swear that people in Israel will not think this proverb is true anymore!
4 I will treat everyone, child and parent, just the same. The one who sins is the one who will die! - Ezekiel 18 vs 1 - 4
It almost seems as though you are trying to force a meaning different from that intended by the authors of the texts you reference, for your own scheme. undecided

2. But God never did any of what you claim there though. Rather, what God did in His Old Law was make each and every one in Israel a teacher... parents and grandparents were to teach His Law to their children; neighbors to neighbors, etc.
18 “Remember these commands I give you. Keep them in your hearts. Write them down and tie them on your hands and wear them on your foreheads as a way to remember my laws.
19 Teach these laws to your children. Talk about these things when you sit in your houses, when you walk along the road when you lie down, and when you get up.
20 Write these commands on the doorposts of your houses and on your gates.
21 Then both you and your children will live a long time in the land that the Lord promised to give to your ancestors. You will live there as long as the skies are above the earth. - Deuteronomy 11 vs 18 - 21
Deuteronomy 4 vs 8- 10 and Deuteronomy 6 vs 1 -7 also have the same instructions included. You need to actually read through the Law to understand what God in fact said, not continue to make baseless assumptions regarding what is written in the Law of Moses. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Kingdom Of Darkness Using Valentine’s Day To Destroy Souls – Mummy GO Warns / Your God Is Too Small / What Happened To Brother Emma And Lazarus Of The Voice Of The Cross

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.