Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,867 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". (24590 Views)

Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? / I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Magnoliaa(f): 6:49pm On Nov 30, 2023
ZIMDRILL:
you missed my point and failed to see that i was responding to someone, not directly to the thread

What's this nonsense??

Did you not quote me? Abeg, get this shìt off the road.

Mtcheeeewwww.
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:50pm On Nov 30, 2023
Magnoliaa:

This is an example of a sentence from the online Cambridge dictionary.

This is 'sacrifice' used to refer to a free time. It is not only a word used in a religious or ritualistic sense.

To give something in exchange for something else or to give up something for the sake of another (thing) is sacrificial.

your point ? are you saying women are sacrificing her time to give birth ? when herself whats kids too ?

My question reminds if the woman also wants children, what has she exchange for ? to give time to have kids ? when she also wants children
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:56pm On Nov 30, 2023
Magnoliaa:

What's this nonsense??

Did you not quote me? Abeg, get this shìt off the road.

Mtcheeeewwww.

anyway didnt you notice the link between high maternal death in nigeria and the idea being pushed by some women. when they say giving birth is a sacrifice ?
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Magnoliaa(f): 6:56pm On Nov 30, 2023
ZIMDRILL:
your point ? are you saying women are sacrificing her time to give birth ? when herself whats kids too ?

My question reminds if the woman also wants children, what has she exchange for ? to give time to have kids ? when she also wants children

My point is as clear as daylight.

You can sacrifice something (a body and a life potentially, in this case) even for something you want and desire.

There is no where in the definition of sacrifice that says that it has to be for something unwanted. You can make a sacrifice for something you wish for.

If you do not get this, I'm sorry I can't help you no more.

Have a good day.
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:04pm On Nov 30, 2023
Magnoliaa:

My point is as clear as daylight.

You can sacrifice something (a body and a life potentially, in this case) even for something you want and desire.

There is no where in the definition of sacrifice that says that it has to be for something unwanted. You can make a sacrifice for something you wish for.

If you do not get this, I'm sorry I can't help you no more.

Have a good day.

sacrifice against what when you also want the same thing?

if you say you sacrifice based on your plans eg happy want kids soo after you marry and u as the wife u want to go to uni then i agree

But in general sense you want children and he wants children to and u get pregnant and then pull the card to say i sacrifice to give birth then i say NO

My point is by nature as women if you want kids their is no two ways your life is at risky when giving birth so there is nothing to sacrifice becoz either way its nature thats the only way to have kids your body will change etc and labour will be there
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by BRATISLAVA: 10:02pm On Nov 30, 2023
Magnoliaa:

If you don't believe it, show your own true stats?

And tell me what job on earth is far more risky than giving birth to a child, and how many deaths occur with it. You claimed it, should it be hard to defend?

Lol.

You can't win with them. How is child birth the same thing as working a rig? How? Only in the minds of misogynists are these things possible. There's nothing to compare it to, but it won't stop them from trying to denigrate it. If you compare earning money to begging, they will complain.

Breast envy or wizardry grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by BRATISLAVA: 10:03pm On Nov 30, 2023
Magnoliaa:

And this is not even considering how common oil rig workers are.

I am not even a versed researcher or anything like that, but common sense tells me, upon seeing this comment, to ask how many pregnant women are there in a population vs. how many oil rig workers are in the same population?

Look around you. Are there not always more pregnant women to husbands with ordinary jobs? How many women are married to (or dating) soldiers? How many women are married to (or dating) firefighters? How many women are married to paramilitary men? And the most of these women will get pregnant multiple times and give birth.

It is also very TELLING, bloody telling that you guys will always bring the most extreme and "fringiest" of masculine jobs to counter anything about women biologically.

Nah, we are it, abeg. grin

We are it. You mean you looked around you, you couldn't find any ordinary thing simple men do to cancel out the very wondrous, follow-come ability I have as a woman, except you go farther away to bring up firefighters?

That is an indirect admission of how serious pregnancy is, if you don't know, and it automatically negates any downplaying you might be attempting to do.

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Magnoliaa(f): 10:43pm On Nov 30, 2023
BRATISLAVA:
Lol.

You can't win with them. How is child birth the same thing as working a rig? How? Only in the minds of misogynists are these things possible. There's nothing to compare it to, but it won't stop them from trying to denigrate it. If you compare earning money to begging, they will complain.

Breast envy or wizardry grin grin grin

And womb envy as well, in this case. 🤣🤣

That one I know.

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by BRATISLAVA: 5:46am On Dec 01, 2023
Magnoliaa:

And womb envy as well, in this case. 🤣🤣

That one I know.

They've got it so bad.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by purples25(f): 11:07am On Dec 01, 2023
...And so, based on the attitude of the males, the females created a town, a place of revenge. In the town there were only men imprisoned from the world. They were not starved, they were provided with everything and let to perform jobs as if all was normal.

What wasn't normal, however, was the fact that within the town, the men were forced to carry pregnancies and give birth. To only males as well. The women watched from transparent barriers, while the men, having reproductive abilities just like women, got periods and got pregnant on their own. The women watched and laughed while the men panicked at seeing periods, experiencing cramps and then not seeing periods.

They labored over births and when some could not bear it, crying in horror for forgiveness and mercy, the women would shake their heads and smile. "It's easy," some would say. "Your fellow men out in the world believe it is nothing. They must be right. You can go through it."

Some offed themselves after the experience. Some killed themselves and their kids whom they birthed. But they were merely replaced by new kidnapped men who would soon start experiencing the horrors the others had. The horrors which their men in the free world had so inhumanely dismissed.

For as long as men took these things for granted, the town would continue to exist.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? / Checkout These Traditional Marriage Photos / The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.