Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". (24592 Views)

Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? / I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Silentgroper(m): 3:52pm On Nov 28, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
So the thrusting of the man that leads to the pregnancy isn't a sacrifice on its own abi na wetin you wan try dey talk,you op? lipsrsealed

A man's life is always filled up with bunches of bills...So it's expected of every sensible woman to be a part of anything that hits the family's table.....At least,make see-finish for no dey.
some would thrust and thrust with unending backpain/waist pain after ...

These females would only lie on their back and be shouting harder, harder ...

The ejaculations on it's part is another sacrifice, trust me..

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Silentgroper(m): 3:59pm On Nov 28, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

The child is not the compensation.

From the initial post, he is asking why you ask what a woman is bringing to the table, when she is not given any compensation for birthing your children. It means she is doing it as a free service.

A birth gift is not the price of a child. How is that considered reasonable?

But the child is something that is brought to the table. And it is priceless.

More valuable than your crude.
is the child/children just his alone angry angry ..

Are they not co-owned by both parties .

Compensating for birthing you own kid .. this has to be joke..

3 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Silentgroper(m): 4:05pm On Nov 28, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

Last time you checked, it takes one of them to incubate and birth it.
last time you checked, only one goes through the rigorous exercise of thrusting justvto have that pan out

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Silentgroper(m): 4:10pm On Nov 28, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

Comparing women giving birth to men working at rigs. Still trying to understand how that level of logic works. Guess he has nothing to compare it with but still needs to keep the stance.
. Guess what!!

One of each activity happens in the space of 36weeks while other the other is continuous even in old age ..

I'm still trying to understand the logic behind getting compensated for something you were basically created to do

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Silentgroper(m): 4:12pm On Nov 28, 2023
jaxxy:
U went for CS that's why. Little girls are putting to bed daily without these issues or expenses in the village.

Giving birth is a natural gift women have been blessed with it is natural to them. Yes there can be complications but its mostly a natural process.

This does not excuse what women have to bring to the table. I do not know why people should be afraid to answer these questions. A woman should add value and if u don't know go and read about the virtuous woman in the bible. She went far beyond bearing children.

Some will say because they bore u kids they now have a right make ur life a living hell. undecided

the funny thing is, most of them are opting for c.s cause its stress free....

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Silentgroper(m): 4:14pm On Nov 28, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

But a man cannot choose to refuse to work under the risky life and health policies if a rig? How exactly is working on a rig giving birth?

Maybe you and that guy can explain it.
if he refuses to work.. Guess who'll be yapping about it, calling him a lazy man ..

Yeaah, Your guess is as good as mine ..

3 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Silentgroper(m): 4:15pm On Nov 28, 2023
Joy2dworldxyz:
[/b]If a woman giving birth is something to the table and a sacrifice then having sex that leads to the pregnancy is equally something to the table......[b]

Op be careful

Word on a marble

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Nehyooh(m): 4:27pm On Nov 28, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Those that died in the process of child birth, is that not a sacrifice? Is child birth not a life or death situation?
I'm not disputing the fact that child birth is a painful thing, but my point is every woman is subjected to face such in her life time. Really some woman die during the process, agreed.
Been pregnant is both parties responsibilities, so I think it's shouldn't be restricted to one side.

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Silentgroper(m): 4:28pm On Nov 28, 2023
JimD:
Giving birth is a joy of a woman, whether she does it naturally or through CS. She's not doing it for you. Although you must appreciate the sacrifice of carrying a baby for 9 months and delivering. But the joy of it is she's called mummy ****. Your family, her friends, you congratulate her and respect her more. It's an accomplishment every sane woman wants and longs for. It's not a personal sacrifice to you. Your topic is off-context.
The only time their pregnancy becomes a big deal is on their 3rd trimester and during labour , for the rest of it, it's just theatrics...
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Silentgroper(m): 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2023
id4sho:

Emotional black mail
In full glare..

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by welzyj2(m): 4:34pm On Nov 28, 2023
Towma:

Apart from that, how many men work in oil rigs compared to number of women both married and single that give birth?

Working in a corporate setting doesn't mean one isn't facing more stress than an oil rig worker.

It's just the fancy outfit that covers the pain

I'm not comparing the pain in child birth o...just explaining that making money isn't also easy

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by welzyj2(m): 4:42pm On Nov 28, 2023
translux:
Any Husband that is asking the wife for what she's bringing to the table isn't yet matured for a marriage, This is the 14th year that I got married to my wife and for the fact that I have been footing 100 percent of the bills till date, I have never for a day asked my wife for what she's bringing to the table, for the facts that we have somany responsibilities, I aways encourage her in the past that things will get better with time but we thank God Almighty that he has blessed our marriage with everything in life.

I like your comment and will like to tap from your experience and understand how you dealt with she asking you those days to support her in the house chores, which would seem like what she can do squally to support you since you sort 100% of the bills
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by kalilaweb(m): 4:43pm On Nov 28, 2023
welzyj2:

I like your comment and will like to tap from your experience and understand how you dealt with she asking you those days to support her in the house chores, which would seem like what she can do [https://www.kalilainfo.com/]kalila[https://www.kalilainfo.com/] squally to support you since you sort 100% of the bills
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by obesse: 5:04pm On Nov 28, 2023
Silentgroper:
sacrifice?? 😁😁

No one asked her to be too lazy to push the baby through the expected outlets ..

These days, females always wants to opt for c.s because they don't want to stress theirselves by pushing.. you'd hear them say this alot nowadays ..

She made the choice, the takes up the responsibility...
No mind Dem ojare!
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Honestfrend: 5:55pm On Nov 28, 2023
Fahvvy:

Is there any biological evidence that supports this? undecided...

Biblical evidence and it supercedes biology..
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Honestfrend: 5:59pm On Nov 28, 2023
benqo01:

Giving birth is natural man,who is talking about responsibility

Responsibility is natural too.. The moment God cursed Adam after he desobey God in genesis.
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Fahvvy: 6:02pm On Nov 28, 2023
Honestfrend:

Biblical evidence and it supercedes biology..

You still didn't answer my question undecided...

And besides, you should study the life of Deborah, Ruth and prolly read up Proverbs 31 undecided...

Once you've done so, we'll have a conversation undecided...
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Gr8amechi: 6:29pm On Nov 28, 2023
Rich4god:
Am lending my voice to this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/7922406/wife-why-life-women-complicated#127165126

A couple of days back, my wife put to bed using CS. Initially we had a baby before, I a know how complicated and painful the pregnancy and childbirth was.

Now I was in the theatre during the CS and I saw first hand how someone's abdomen was sliced open and the baby pulled out. I also saw how doctors were putting their hands into someone's abdomen and how they finally stitched her up. It wasn't an easy sight to behold. Right now, she's recovering, but the pain she's passing through is much.

To me, this is the highest form of sacrifice that someone can give for the family.

So to the men and husband out there..... before you ask your wife to be "what she is bringing to table", kindly think about the sacrifice they make in bringing your children to the world.

So you that took care of the hospital bill, bore all the responsibility, is that a sacrifice or not?

Do you actually know you can pay a surrogate to carry your child?

If a woman thinks this way, it is really sad.

Women should be assest to both their husband and a glory for their kids.

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:53pm On Nov 28, 2023
gbaskiboy:
Please don't say that again unless you are not appreciative. Many women married has refused to get pregnant because of horrible experience associated with pregnancy and childbirths.

you just agreed to what am saying without noticing, they made a choice not get pregnant. if different from getting pregnant and you claim to Sacrifice once you get pregnant its either a natural birth or C section therefore you claim sacrifice becoz there are no two ways of pain in either during birth or after birth you will still feel the pain

Sacrifice is made by people who are forced to do things that was never in there plans or solving other people's problem by getting involved directly eg a person looking after his brother/sister's kids, they sacrifice their own time and resources, thats a sacrifice

Getting pregnant is a choice not a sacrifice
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by mablie(m): 7:05pm On Nov 28, 2023
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:16pm On Nov 28, 2023
Virgo3:
lol if you know how many women wey Don die from child birth or during/after You go know say nah life and death situation. The mortality rates are out der; 1 out of every 7 women die of complications from child birth. Due to economic settings, they should support but don't talk about der preg shiiii

they have a choice not to give birth to avoid that

You dont know the meaning or sacrifice, the word has been manupilated by most parents when they say i sacrificed for you, have you ever asked yourself when parents say i sacrificed for you who do they mean who was supposed to look after you besides themselve?

A sacrifice is something that you do out of your way, is getting pregnant and giving birth something out of your way or something you make a choice to do and nature takes it place

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Ashawoman82: 7:32pm On Nov 28, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

I think it's not about value to you, but that even if a woman had all the PhDs and money in the world, you would still see her as nothing.

The value isn't in the woman.

It is in the man's ability to acknowledge it beyond his ingrained biases.

BTW, that is what you think and that is why you are voicing it, though to seem like it is my suggestion. It's YOUR suggestion.
so u think I see okonjo iweala and alakija as nothing?
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by ProtonX: 7:45pm On Nov 28, 2023
ogbe88:
Simps .

Cretin. Now run along and go play with your kind. And while you're at it, work on your frustration because you certainly need it judging from the photo on your profile. Don't quote me again.

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Towma(f): 8:23pm On Nov 28, 2023
welzyj2:

Working in a corporate setting doesn't mean one isn't facing more stress than an oil rig worker.

It's just the fancy outfit that covers the pain

I'm not comparing the pain in child birth o...just explaining that making money isn't also easy

Oh so you think women don't work in corporate settings or why are you bringing this up?

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Towma(f): 8:25pm On Nov 28, 2023
Honestfrend:

If giving birth is the natural responsibility of the woman.. Y is it that providing for the family is not the man's natural responsibility and if it is why the "What re u bringing to the table?"

Good comment
These males love undermining women's efforts.

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2023
Kemnikky:

if you don't know you better know now and get it straight that it is a sacrifice for a woman to give birth to your children. Are you aware that some women tend to use pills in order not to conceive, some will even tell you that they are not ready for childbirth and give you a clause to them conceiving. More so, marriage is a contract and a covenant, you both are meant together if you have children fine, if you don't fine as well, it all depends on both of you. The woman makes lots of sacrifices in her life right from the day she starts conceiving till her last breath. I don't want to go further on it. A resounding word should be enough. Treat women right and appreciate her more. My little kobo.

Are you saying your woman is baby making machine ? hence you say your children? its our children

Naturally if we want children we know the process, labour pains, pregnant related illness etc, if my woman doesnt want all those before and after effects of bringing a child into the world, then she make sure you wont get pregnant and cry the child to full term

So my question to you is who is she sacrificing herself to ? when she also wants kids
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by welzyj2(m): 9:00pm On Nov 28, 2023
Towma:

Oh so you think women don't work in corporate settings or why are you bringing this up?

You were making it seem like work isn't demanding or can't be breath taking
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by ogbe88(m): 9:49pm On Nov 28, 2023
ProtonX:

Cretin. Now run along and go play with your kind. And while you're at it, work on your frustration because you certainly need it judging from the photo on your profile. Don't quote me again.
Another rat talking.

U are warned.
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by SPAMBOX7: 10:05pm On Nov 28, 2023
BlaqFaze:
Simp wan lecture us
Guy you wicked grin
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Evolutionism: 10:26pm On Nov 28, 2023
Virgo3:
are you crazy? Wtf is this omoh @Seun dy put age requirement to enter this ur forum with International Passport! I swear I for batter you.

Won bi Iyalaya babalanku baba e lona orun da.

Wa batter tani?? Oti shey tan ti o fe ku abi?

Awon obi e fe fi oju sun kue ki odu yii to pari..

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? / Checkout These Traditional Marriage Photos / The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.