Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,373 members, 7,815,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Which Nigerians inspire you the most? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Nigerians inspire you the most? (8446 Views)

Lawan Jafar: First Man To Inspire The Rise Of Civilian JTF In Borno / Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? / Sanusi’s Letter: There Is A Hidden Agenda Which Nigerians Should Know – Dogo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by igbo2011(m): 1:49pm On Oct 29, 2011
The 3 Nigerians that inspire me are Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, Innocent Chukwuma (CEO of Innoson), and Dora Akunyili.

SLS because he is sooooo smart.  I watch him at the Thisday event in Washington DC and he is so brainy.  He knows everything about economics and is just a master.  It is crazy how smart he is.  I need to do more research on him so I can learn his economic policies but as of what I know now, he is a good man.

Innocent because he is a hard-working man.  My grandfather told me that he watched him on TV and he sounds uneducated.  But he is a great man who is trying to make Nigeria better.  Ghana offered him great benefits for his company but he is a patriot.  Even though Aganga is trying to bring foreign companies to compete with him like Tata, Innocent is trying hard.  We need more people like him who will manufacture, that will create jobs, IGR, forex, and gain GDP.

I used to be inspired by Ngozi Okonjo Iweala but her economic policies as of now are not making me happy.  Maybe in a year if things get better I'll change my mind.

I want to be a businessman and a producer like Innocent.  If I become an economist, I want to be like Sanusi.   How about you?
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by trw: 2:46pm On Oct 29, 2011
Nigeria is a land flowing with milk and honey
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by MrWhy1(m): 7:22pm On Oct 29, 2011
@Igboman2011

I man, do not be carried away by eloquence. Lamido Sanusi is a disciplined, smart and an eloquent man. But his economic policies have not really brought fundamental changes.

Under his tenure, our foreign exchange reserves have depleted because of interventions to prop up the Naira which is indefensible in the long term without expanding the real sector of the economy to attract more foreign exchange. Also, some banks that gave out bad loans without proper accountability were acquired by the CBN through a new entity called AMCON, which poured in trillions of Naira to stabilize these banks and thus contributed to rise in inflation. Yet, very few people involved in these banking mess have been brought to justice. Where did the money go?

Having said that, I still give him benefit of the doubt to do better.
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by remarkD(m): 8:46pm On Oct 29, 2011
My parents (like most Igbo parents) did not tell us much about the civil war, but my mom as a kid, with her little brother, (for some reason) had memorized Ojukwu's speech, the Ahiara declaration, and whenever my mom would recite it, her voice will change and she tries to sound like an orator and all for effect lol, then i didn't even know what the war was about, but (thank God for the internet) i started reading up on the war, and because i personally have experience being treated differently, i can't stand seeing someone or a group of people being oppressed, discriminated against and such. That Ojukwu stood up in the face of chaos and trouble, death and an attempt of Igbo cleansing in the north, i admire and am inspired by such bravery, his vision was not myopic either, he meant well in my opinion, whether we fought (resisted the tyrants) ready or not, made some tactical blunders here and there, he still stands as my hero, and as someone that inspires me. (Probably how i got really interested in the military and was so excited when my lil brother got into NMS).

Obama, kinda. He's falling my hand these days.
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by remarkD(m): 8:48pm On Oct 29, 2011
Oh my bad! Topic says "Which Nigerians, " Scratch Obama then,
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by Jarus(m): 9:18pm On Oct 29, 2011
Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
Wale Tinubu
Fola Adeola

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by aloyemeka1: 10:09pm On Oct 29, 2011
Alao Akala undecided
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by arsenefc: 3:38am On Oct 30, 2011
Ade Bendel
Bola Tinubu
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by Afam4eva(m): 5:09pm On Oct 30, 2011
Leo Stan Eke(Zinnox Computers)
Innocent Chukwuma(Innoson Motors)
Cosmas Maduka(Coscharis group)
Seun(Nairaland)
Pascal Dozie(MTN)
Tony Elumelu(UBA)
Anny Okonkwo(Reltel)
Adenua(Glo)
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 30, 2011
Obasanjo, David Mark,

The ability to spend billions to produce darkness,
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by TRUTHTELA: 5:14pm On Oct 30, 2011
Chinua Achebe
Chukwuemeka Nzeogwu
Muhammadu Buhari
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by juman(m): 5:16pm On Oct 30, 2011
musKeeto:

Obasanjo, David Mark,

The ability to spend billions to produce darkness,

Billions of dollars. grin grin
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by juman(m): 5:16pm On Oct 30, 2011
In Nigeria;

Sheikh adam abdulai Al-Ilory
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by reindeer: 5:27pm On Oct 30, 2011
Wole Soyinka
Fela Anikulapo Kuti(RIP)
Chinua Achebe
Sanusi Lamido
Muhammad Buhari
Chief Gani Fawehinmi(RIP)
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by arsenefc: 5:32pm On Oct 30, 2011
juman:

In Nigeria;

Sheikh adam abdulai Al-Ilory

Morikaz? or how is it spelled?
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by DonJoey(m): 5:34pm On Oct 30, 2011
I really like Wole soyinka, Dongote, Fela kuti and ME
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by juman(m): 5:35pm On Oct 30, 2011
arsenefc:

Morikaz? or how is it spelled?

Yeah. formerly of MORKAZ AGEGE.
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by bedane: 5:43pm On Oct 30, 2011
Soludo, Adenuga $ Governor Fashola
Soludo for his great achievement at a very tender age . A prof @ his age and respected internationally I'd no small feat.
Adenuga for his patriotism ‎‎​I just love how this man mixes business with patriotism .‎‎​I hope to be able to surpass his level of patriotic investment in this great country.
Finally Fashola has my respect by being not just a visionary  but his will power to make do just what he sets out to do. He has surely proved that government can sanitize the country when they are ready to .
@ OP great topic more of this please.
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 30, 2011
Clifford Orji, andy and Chris Uba
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 30, 2011
Awolowo,my mum and my girlfriend.
juman:

Yeah. formerly of MORKAZ AGEGE.
used to know that place back in the days,does it still exists ?
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by martinosi: 5:46pm On Oct 30, 2011
Bishop David Oyedepo

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by oddy4real(m): 5:47pm On Oct 30, 2011
Otunba Gbenga Daniel
Chinua Achebe
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by Afam4eva(m): 5:48pm On Oct 30, 2011
oddy4real:

Otunba Gbenga Daniel
Chinua Achebe

Are you kidding yourself?
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 30, 2011
oddy4real:

Otunba Gbenga Daniel
Chinua Achebe
It's better for you to choose devil as your hero than Gbenga.
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by Afam4eva(m): 5:53pm On Oct 30, 2011
~Bluetooth:

It's better for you to choose devil as your hero than Gbenga.

How are you sure he's not the devil.
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by tjadeba(m): 5:54pm On Oct 30, 2011
Pastor Sign Fireman
Pastor Kris Okotie
Pastor Chris
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by HighChief4(m): 5:56pm On Oct 30, 2011
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu
Micheal Okpara
Innocent Chukwuma(Innoson)
Chukwuma Soludo
Ibeto
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 30, 2011
afam4eva:

How are you sure he's not the devil.
Some humans are worse than devil and gbenga belongs to that class.what kinda keep people inside coffins to make oath of allegiance to him ?
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by Heck: 6:03pm On Oct 30, 2011
Tai Solarin (RIP)
Edwin Madunagu
Innocent (Japan of Nnewi)
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by Jluvu: 6:04pm On Oct 30, 2011
DR DANIEL K.  OLUKOYA
PROFF CHUKWUMA SOLUDO
OLUSEGUN OBASANJO
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by Lovine: 6:10pm On Oct 30, 2011
Prophet TB Joshua
Re: Which Nigerians inspire you the most? by iloveusa94: 6:12pm On Oct 30, 2011
kanu nwankwo, (kanu heart foundation)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Video: "i Did Not Betray Nigerians" Peter Esele Tuc President / Rochas Okorocha Acting crucified Jesus On Good Friday (pics) / Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.