Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,916 members, 7,810,521 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other (27346 Views)

Help: Big Backside Ladies Have Made Me No Longer Have Feelings For My Partner / How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? / Beating Ur Woman Dont Mean You Dont Love Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by ademola2017: 6:56am On Nov 27, 2023
In 2017, i expressed my deep concerns on nairaland about my now ex wife double dating game before we got married, her attitude towards me and how the relationship was one sided.

I got several advices to let her go but decided to give the marriage another chance but it eventually crashed in March 2022. We did all we could to save the marriage but to no success. We were done patching. No child was involved and absolutely nothing to show for the marriage after 8years of being together. I still feel the pain but it gets better everyday.
I credit myself for not cheating on her till our last days together and even months after our separation.

After several months of being celibate, I had sex with a young 25year old lady. I met her through a family friend 2 months before she got pregnant

Just one intercourse, she became pregnant. At first, i doubted it because I laboured very hard to father a child for 8yrs and with just one sexual intercourse, someone is carry my baby?? with me being very knowledgable about calculating ovulation dates and timely intercourse, it conformed so I had to accept the pregnancy as a sign from God.

Deep down, my new partner and I do not love each other but the respect for each other is on point. We have ZERO expectations from each other. We communicate well and have started living together in peace. No arguements, no drama and no issues at all.

I changed my mindset by taking her as my younger sister and she does same by taking me as an older brother.

It feels strange to be at so much peace with someone that I dont love at all. Our baby is coming and I am scared things may change when the true reality sets in.

What do you guys think?

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by silvoclaira: 6:57am On Nov 27, 2023
undecided

Peace be upon you and your new family. With time you and your baby mama to be will be fine.

Just treat eachother kindly and with trust.

Lest I forget, SMA baby food is now 14k Naira plus.

141 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by CoronaVirusPro: 6:57am On Nov 27, 2023
Divorce!
Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by silvoclaira: 7:01am On Nov 27, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
Divorce!

Una nor dey read ní...see you as you mumu yourself

157 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by ademola2017: 7:01am On Nov 27, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
Divorce!

We are not legally married

7 Likes

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by duduade: 7:02am On Nov 27, 2023
Co-parenting together

Please ignore those saying you should divorce

You can never please human beings. You both know best what you m comfortable doing

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by silvoclaira: 7:02am On Nov 27, 2023
ademola2017:

He didn't read the post, just rushing to book space, unreasonably

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by CoronaVirusPro: 7:06am On Nov 27, 2023
ademola2017:

You don’t need to be legally married to divorce.

In other terms, break the union.

2 Likes

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by CoronaVirusPro: 7:08am On Nov 27, 2023
silvoclaira:

silvoclaira:

He didn't read the post, just rushing to book space, unreasonably

You both have a problem with English language.

3 Likes

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by jkpbestseries: 7:09am On Nov 27, 2023
na una sabi.... I dedicate Wedlock of the gods to them.. Great play...

1 Like

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by dawnomike(m): 7:10am On Nov 27, 2023
ademola2017:
In 2017, i expressed my deep concerns on nairaland about my now ex wife double dating game before we got married, her attitude towards me and how the relationship was one sided.

I got several advices to let her go but decided to give the marriage another chance but it eventually crashed in March 2022. We did all we could to save the marriage but to no success. We were done patching. No child was involved and absolutely nothing to show for the marriage after 8years of being together. I still feel the pain but it gets better everyday.
I credit myself for not cheating on her till our last days together and even months after our separation.

After several months of being celibate, I had sex with a young 25year old lady. I met her through a family friend 2 months before she got pregnant

Just one intercourse, she became pregnant. At first, i doubted it because I laboured very hard to father a child for 8yrs and with just one sexual intercourse, someone is carry my baby?? with me being very knowledgable about calculating ovulation dates and timely intercourse, it conformed so I had to accept the pregnancy as a sign from God.

Deep down, my new partner and I do not love each other but the respect for each other is on point. We have ZERO expectations from each other. We communicate well and have started living together in peace. No arguements, no drama and no issues at all.

I changed my mindset by taking her as my younger sister and she does same by taking me as an older brother.

It feels strange to be at so much peace with someone that I dont love at all. Our baby is coming and I am scared things may change when the true reality sets in.

What do you guys think?

Start loving each other except you're both cool with she been a baby mama and nothing more.

3 Likes

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by Padipadi(m): 7:54am On Nov 27, 2023
silvoclaira:

That boy is suffering from emotional trauma from Hamas leveling. He's seeing IDF chasing him in dreams. Don't blame him, been looking for him for deliverance. I m the only one that can epp him on this site & he's running away from treatment!
CoronaVirusPro, how are you? Come and take bread and some nukes. 🍞
Na special food for mad people like you. Cane wey dey my hand na pencil. I wan use am teach you ABC!

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by Padipadi(m): 7:57am On Nov 27, 2023
ademola2017:

What do you guys think?

You wey nor sabi how to calculate ovulation, hope you don save for DNA?
As I dey look you, you look sIMPish a little!
What if the girls dey carry you handicap?
Anyways for peace to reign, show her small love & be prepared to be sure it's your child after birth. Life is all about being prepared for dramas.
After delivery show the girl more love, she ll reciprocate. After then, formalize things & marry legally & traditionally.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by Farrason: 8:03am On Nov 27, 2023
ademola2017:

What do you guys think?

It's better you define your relationship before settling down with another woman based on what you have been through and this time, the child involved. It's only love that encourages and strengthens a union in the face of Challenges and not respect. Otherwise, collect your pikin and face your front.

11 Likes

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by Stevenbright(m): 8:52am On Nov 27, 2023
ademola2017:

What do you guys think?

You guys like each other already just that you are not obsessed with each other.

Know that with respect to opposite sex, you only respect who you like and in the long, mutual respect and regards from one another is the winning code.

So, give it time, you guys will get better in treating yourselves right. Just make sure you guys are ready to be there for one another for the long term.

20 Likes

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by laivwire(m): 10:05am On Nov 27, 2023
ademola2017:

What do you guys think?

So do you plan to have an open marriage or something?

I don't understand being stuck to someone you don't love for an extended period. What happens when you grow old? How do you want your family to evolve?

Will you enjoy an ideal family setting when your children see their parents relate as mere acquaintances?
Fwiw, you should know that you'd need someone close to rely on in your old age. Someone you know, love and have come to trust.

14 Likes

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by Mindlog: 10:38am On Nov 27, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

You don’t need to be legally married to divorce.

In other terms, break the union.

Trying to spin it with another off point....which union are they to break, they are just cohabiting and no expectations from each other.

15 Likes

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by PedoBear: 11:02am On Nov 27, 2023
Tuehh

Aru!!!!!!

Having a child with a woman you are and were not married to

Anyways detty yellow bars will support this
Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by Brandiebird(f): 11:44am On Nov 27, 2023
Mr observer, abi calculator! Do a DNA test as soon as you are able; to save you from stories that touch the heart. God has nothing to do with your fornication so forget about all that stuff.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by Mindlog: 11:48am On Nov 27, 2023
Padipadi:

That boy is suffering from emotional trauma from Hamas leveling. He's seeing IDF chasing him in dreams. Don't blame him, been looking for him for deliverance. I m the only one that can epp him on this site & he's running away for treatment!
CoronaVirusPro, how are you? Come and take bread. Cane no dey my hand! 🍞

U no well! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I am imagining those "enforcers" in "traditional psychiatric healing centres" who are always with cane! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by CoronaVirusPro: 11:49am On Nov 27, 2023
Padipadi:

That boy is suffering from emotional trauma from Hamas leveling. He's seeing IDF chasing him in dreams. Don't blame him, been looking for him for deliverance. I m the only one that can epp him on this site & he's running away for treatment!
CoronaVirusPro, how are you? Come and take bread. Cane no dey my hand! 🍞

Why are you addicted to highly esteemed personality?

Seems you fvcked!
Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by OlawaleBammie: 11:52am On Nov 27, 2023
ademola2017:

What do you guys think?

there are two ways to it, it's either love start to creep in gradually or everything kuku kolaps after childbirth as woman usually have this post something something wahala..but I pray for the former...

Now to the issue of baby and pregnancy..
See alaye don't be a fuul ooh, a no talk say one session no fit become pregnancy ooh but DO DNA TEST OOHH..DO DNA OOH, DO DNA OOH. If u no get money borrow from lapo.

If u like carry kakulator dey kakulate ovulation period for woman like store keeper, a no want wetin happen to u for 2017 happen again ooh

10 Likes

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by We4all: 11:56am On Nov 27, 2023
I'm more concerned about the lady in question who is pregnant and already living with you. Does it mean she's got no plans for her life and wants to end up as a baby mama? What about her family and what's their take on this?

As for you, I think you are still bruised and needs healing. If the said lady is going to be just a baby mama, then why did you allow her move in with you? I think it's better to define your relationship early so she can know her place.

As for the mutual respect you think you have for each other- This is more like a lack of connection between both of you and not respect per say. It is how two strangers living together feel toward each other.

Unfortunately, this isn't a healthy relationship for someone who is carrying your baby and already living with you.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by WealthyNigerian: 12:35pm On Nov 27, 2023
Padipadi:

You wey nor sabi how to calculate ovulation, hope you don save for DNA?
shocked See:
https://www.nairaland.com/7923645/president-tinubu-seriously-working-achieve

3 Likes

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by LukrativeBet(m): 12:36pm On Nov 27, 2023
Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by Johnycastro18: 12:36pm On Nov 27, 2023
angry
Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by theophorus(m): 12:37pm On Nov 27, 2023
Getting issues more complicated.
I hope this issue will be in the good side and no wrong thing will happen from it.
Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by Thundafireseun: 12:37pm On Nov 27, 2023
angry
Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by Omoawoke: 12:37pm On Nov 27, 2023
ademola2017:

What do you guys think?

You are not normal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by henryudgrt(m): 12:38pm On Nov 27, 2023
Yahoo yahoo family … no matters again
Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by Konjiboii: 12:39pm On Nov 27, 2023
This is what I keep preaching to this blind men on nairaland men and they think I hate women, on the contrary I love women than the average bloke I just let them know my lifestyle , you either accept it or not but we move regardless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Husband Touching His Wife Inappropriately Is Rape Under New VAPP Law: Lawyer / Traditional Marriage Ceremony in U.S.: NEED HELP! / A Nairalander's Daughter Clocks 1 Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.