Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,048 members, 7,825,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) (8434 Views)

Nigerian Parents And Their Daughters: Hilarious Photo Of The Day / A Nairalander Retakes photo Of His Mum And Siblings After 24 Years / What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by 4ee: 8:24pm On Oct 30, 2011
I would love a low key wedding with at most 100 people grin but my family members from my father's side alone already make a big wedding.

I attended a friend's wedding this year -very low key with about fifty people(including children that accompanied their parents). She told me about it 4 days to the wedding and also asked if i would be coming or not so that proper arrangements can be made.

I enjoyed the short wedding ceremony and the reception too.It was all about the couple and no unnnecessary attention on other 'important people'.
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by ochukoccna: 8:42pm On Oct 30, 2011
4ee:

I would love a low key wedding with at most 100 people grin but my family members from my father's side alone already make a big wedding.

I attended a friend's wedding this year -very low key with about fifty people(including children that accompanied their parents). She told me about it 4 days to the wedding and also asked if i would be coming or not so that proper arrangements can be made.

I enjoyed the short wedding ceremony and the reception too.It was all about the couple and no unnnecessary attention on other 'important people'.
100 peeps is no longer low key o!
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by ochukoccna: 8:49pm On Oct 30, 2011
My take on low key weddings is this?
Can two walk together except they agree?
NOTE: Low key wedding is not the same as a budget wedding. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by Outstrip(f): 9:15pm On Oct 30, 2011
ochukoccna:

People assume it is a money issue
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by upnaijaDRN: 9:44pm On Oct 30, 2011
yes na
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by Kunbee: 9:55pm On Oct 30, 2011
No
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by Ronaldo200(m): 10:45pm On Oct 30, 2011
The smaller the better!!!!
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by oineoma(m): 11:05pm On Oct 30, 2011
brother follo ur heart jare, i call it a ''table size'' wedding, there s no point blowing it up, just concentrate o havin a good marriage not wedding. where is all this comin from sef? who invented it any way? the oyibo them ma dont do it like we in nigeria do,
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 30, 2011
it's ok by me but it's not the way i'm planning; if i were a lady and my guy had good reasons for it, i certainly wouldn't hesitate to accept with him
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by Lexusgs430: 1:03am On Oct 31, 2011
A marriage ceremony is meant to be a day of joy on all fronts !!!
But it is key not to spend money, one does not have.
If cost constrains are a factor or not, let your pocket decide.
Afterall, it is best to have a low - key ceremony and live peacefully with each other ever after, than have a grand ceremony, that leads to the divorce courts a couple of minutes, days, weeks, months or years after !!!
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by chowbaby: 2:26am On Oct 31, 2011
This sounds like a very good idea!
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by SaVoy(f): 5:37am On Oct 31, 2011
Its whatever makes your wife happy if she and you both want a low-key wedding then thats what you should do! I dont want a low-key wedding i want a big fancy wedding because even though we all love each other in my family sadly we dont see each other much unless its a wedding or funeral and we will all rather it be a wedding! But ;owkey weedings is good to save more money for the honeymoon
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by member479760: 6:18am On Oct 31, 2011
do the thin as your power reach, dont push drug like babasuwe just because you wan show up or satisfy people. mind you are can never satisfy people.
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by coderXO(m): 8:16am On Oct 31, 2011
For me this is the perfect scenario jare!

The way to go.
I plan this for myself as well but you know naija mentality, they will say
I wan' carry their daughter on a shoestring budget.

The problem now is to find a nice level-headed girl (and her family) who
aint worried about ceremonies and just cares about how much I love her to want
to marry her.

What's an elaborate ceremony got to do with?

Carry on my guy. Nothing do you.
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by N101: 9:00am On Oct 31, 2011
ochukoccna:

People often confuse "low key" with "budget". As CoderXO there's a mentality out there that "I wan' carry their daughter on a shoestring budget". If no one finances your lifestyle or calls the shots and you don't have a hundred opinions in your business, you can have the ceremony you want.

As much as I love my family, thankfully I didn't have to deal with that annoying scenario where you are told you HAVE to invite Aunty CeCe cos she is your mother's neighbour's uncle's friend. Been to a wedding where the groom's mother behaved badly because her invited friend wanted to bring 6 of her relatives (who was this lady again? No one could say).

The less stress, the better.
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by ImaIma1(f): 10:00am On Oct 31, 2011
i think the highbrow weddings are mostly about status and showing off.but its d marriage that tells and not the wedding.

if the marriage packs up after spending so much money, people go laugh eh.

me am a babe o but i dnt like unnecessary paparazzi.my trad wedding shld be in my compound at home here in lag,if not in the parlour sef

for d white, i prefer to pick a colour of clothes dt my friends to wear, rather than asoebi.simple cake, keep everything simple.

i like simple but distinct. d excessive decor doesnt appeal to me.its not like i'l carry it home naa.

when u do things simple, pple admire it.
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by remmyton(f): 11:56am On Oct 31, 2011
whichever way, all i want is pure and true happiness ever after
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by fateavon4u(f): 12:34pm On Oct 31, 2011
I would love 2 have my traditional marriage in my dad's parlour(my dad will disagree cos he will like 2 invite all d eze's,chief,P.A to d gov,special advisers nd so on).4 my white wedding,i would love a smally ceremony wt min of 20 pple nd max of 50 pple max,very simple and classy( bt my mum would want 2 invite all her meeting pple,friends,clients nd everyone else),crazy,rite
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by pynkspyce: 3:35pm On Oct 31, 2011
would actually prefer something low key. not because of costs, but i would like to enjoy my day with the few that matter.
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by coderXO(m): 5:24pm On Oct 31, 2011
Frankly, I don't do weddings. I've been to maybe 3 weddings in the past 10 years.

If I had it my way, I'd have 20 people tops at my wedding.
I might be dreaming though, I never see the girl wey go 'gree that kind.

Sorry to say, but the whole big wedding thing is usually bride's mother's doing.

#justsaying
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by maxygirl(f): 1:05pm On Nov 01, 2011
The best wedding i have attended was a low key wedding , it was co cozy. i wish to have a low key wedding too but i think i may have a problem with my partner- he seems to have so many friends, I do too but I my wedding Cozy, private, elegant and low key.
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by pkv(m): 1:40pm On Nov 01, 2011
If i had my way sef i 4 prefer WA JOKO!
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by ayobase(m): 1:32pm On Mar 24, 2012
iice: That's what we do in my family. Low key. Next thing people will see na wedding ring for hand without idea how or when it happened grin

done urs?
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by ayobase(m): 1:33pm On Mar 24, 2012
iice: That's what we do in my family. Low key. Next thing people will see na wedding ring for hand without idea how or when it happened grin

My perception abt u just failed me!
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by ayobase(m): 1:42pm On Mar 24, 2012
I also prefer low key wedding, then go on a hot honeymoon!
But my parents and relatives wldnt allow.
''if money is the problem, then dont worry. We will handle everything to the best'' and I so much trust them...they fit bring Whitney houston from the grave to come grace the event.LOL!
Believe me, my parents have sponsored many great weddings....u can imagine, and being their first born.
They will have to bow for my stand though, but what will be my reason!
In some families, noise is not allowed and some are warned to keep it low......well, mine can only be on a low-key with the latter!
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by ayobase(m): 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2012
nakedall: do the thin as your power reach, dont push drug like babasuwe just because you wan show up or satisfy people. mind you are can never satisfy people.

Na wa o!
Why Baba Suwe in dis matter?
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by 9lifes(m): 6:45am On Mar 26, 2012
duality: lots of people will keep saying; i want a low key wedding but look at the streets, halls, hotels and churches every Saturday, what do you see? your guess is as good as mine.
lots of ladies are hypocritical about this issue.

I totally agree with you."I pass my neighbor" mentality won't let them be themselves.
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by 9lifes(m): 6:52am On Mar 26, 2012
It will be nice to see a naija lady that will first propose this idea.Whether i am rich or not,i will go for a low key wedding.
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by tollu: 7:18am On Mar 26, 2012
My wedding, my rules. I don't understand it when people say my parents won't let me have a small wedding, if they want a party so bad, they are free to put me and my husband's pictures on seats and call it wedding in absentia.

My wedding is gonna have 30 people in it TOPS. Classy, intimate and elegant is what I'm shooting for.
Re: Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) by Abbott(m): 8:13am On Apr 08, 2013
ogugua88: Why do you have to apologise for doing what you wished? You married your wife in a style you both wanted. If they can't appreciate your choice, let them eat ice cream and wallow. I plan on having a small wedding myself. I don't think my parents will even be invited. Just three guests. Myself, fiance, and the person performing the wedding lol. I don't like noise and all that stress that comes with living up to people's expectations. It's not their marriage. I'm glad you did it how you wanted.

Yet to wed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Makes A Good Wife? / Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? / ☎️✅LARGE 11 SEATER VELVET SUEDE L-SHAPED SECTIONAL SOFA☎️✅

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.