Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,957 members, 7,828,381 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice (10947 Views)

Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! / My Dad's Elder Sister's Son's Child Is My What.. Answers Please. / Help My Child Is 8 Months And Wife Is Pregnant Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by Yxxx: 7:07pm On Nov 28, 2023
Data is not limited hence this post.
Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by Silentgroper(m): 7:09pm On Nov 28, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

Breast envy, wizardry and what DMK says.

Not making sense

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by Crosby24: 7:28pm On Nov 28, 2023
1Sharon:

Are you a woman? Do you understand it anymore than I do? undecided

They are not the same.
Dear having children is not sacrifice but a blessing or rather it more like investing for your feature. For example my mom is too old that she can't recognize her environment she don't know where her next meal coming from,her condition has changed my perceptions about importance of children and life in general
Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by Kobojunkie: 7:45pm On Nov 28, 2023
Crosby24:
Dear having children is not sacrifice but a blessing or rather it more like investing for your feature. For example my mom is too old that she can't recognize her environment she don't know where her next meal coming from,her condition has changed perceptions about importance of children and life in general
If your mom had instead worked and saved up all the money she spent on raising kids on her health, and even her retirement plan, are you saying she would not probably have had it better? undecided

Now don't get me wrong! I believe it is ok to have kids, but I don't believe having children is a sacrifice since it is after all a choice people make for themselves. let's not glorify it to the point of calling it a blessing or investment of some kind. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by 1Sharon(f): 7:49pm On Nov 28, 2023
Crosby24:

Dear having children is not sacrifice but a blessing or rather it more like investing for your feature. For example my mom is too old that she can't recognize her environment she don't know where her next meal coming from,her condition has changed my perceptions about importance of children and life in general

Never said it was. But comparing childbirth to ejaculation just isn't the same.

Investing for your future? That's a selfish reason to have a child. And why doesn't your mum know where her next meal is coming from? undecided
Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by Crosby24: 7:56pm On Nov 28, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If your mom had instead worked and saved up all the money she spent on raising kids on her health instead, and even her retirement plan, are you saying she would not probably have had it better? undecided

Don't get me wrong! I don't believe having children is a sacrifice since it is after all a choice people make for themselves, but let's not downplay it to the point of calling it a blessing or investment of some kind. undecided
You did not get it, have you had about dimentia a point where you don't have control over the money you work for except you have the right person to help out
Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by Kobojunkie: 7:58pm On Nov 28, 2023
Crosby24:
■ You did not get it, have you had about dimentia a point where you don't have control over the money you work for except you have the right person to help out
Dementia is not rare at all and there are assisted living homes where people pay to live out the rest of their days even with such conditions. So, if you pay for the right person to help before it fully sets it, then you will be taken care of. undecided
Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by Farki: 8:05pm On Nov 28, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Do these women put guns to the heads of the men who pay for them bringing just that to the table?. lipsrsealed

Do you have to put a gun to someone's head before you become a societal nuisance? undecided
Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:06pm On Nov 28, 2023
AbuTwins:
I disagree!

It's a big sacrifice and that's why it is a life or death situation!

I have witnessed a stillbirth that was tried to manage for about a week before it was flushed!

I have witnessed three successful labors and I was wholly present physically in one seeing how the baby came out!

I witnessed how the tears were sutured!
I felt the pains and bore the trauma with her!
You can't really imagine seeing a baby come out live and direct!

Abeg It's a big sacrifice!

God bless all mothers!
But make them remember the pain and raise good kids!

are you saying, breathing air is also a sacrifice ?

My angle is giving birth is a choice unless one was raped

The rest choose to have sex which leads to being pregnant and results in giving birth, all that process is a choice one makes meaning you can not choose two

whereas sacrifice is something that puts you off your own plans egg, looking after someone's child, its a sacrifice becoz they went out of their own originals plans

You cant claim sacrifice to things that you are meant to be doing either naturally or due to a choice you have made, eg you can not claim to sacrifice in looking after your own kids, becoz its a choice you made in having unprotected sex and resulted in one getting pregnant and child, therefore the child is your responsibility not anyone else

Dont mix sacrifice and hard times women go through when givinh birth there are two separate things

Sacrifice simply means putting away your own plans and dealing with or tanging along someone's plans aka spending time and money etc at someone plans than your own plans

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by Kobojunkie: 8:07pm On Nov 28, 2023
Farki:
■ Do you have to put a gun to someone's head before you become a societal nuisance? undecided
I don't follow! Do these women impregnate themselves or what? undecided
Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by ProtonX: 8:07pm On Nov 28, 2023
Solofresh2:
I came across this thread https://www.nairaland.com/7922825/husband-before-ask-wife-what and I see the OP trying to justify the saying "what does a woman brings to the table" anthem by men nowadays.

Saying a woman facing a difficult time giving birth to her child is a sacrifice is a no no.It is natural for a woman to give birth to a child,either difficulty or not.

It is also natural for a man to releases sperm,so as to impregnate a woman.

If a man find it difficult to impregnate a woman, will you call that a sacrifice too?

Infact,sacrifice is when a man provides everything for his woman because it is not compulsory.

Anybody can make money to provide for their own needs, not always waiting for your man to do everything for you.

It is your responsibility as a woman to carry your pregnancy if you want a child.

You created a thread this early on a Tuesday morning means you're either jobless or you're not busy. Dimwit. I hope ladies and women are seeing these things, so that they can make informed decisions not to have children with non entities. It will be a colossal mistake.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by Crosby24: 8:08pm On Nov 28, 2023
1Sharon:

Never said it was. But comparing childbirth to ejaculation just isn't the same.

Investing for your future? That's a selfish reason to have a child. And why doesn't your mum know where her next meal is coming from? undecided
Dimentia will make you understand that having children is a blessing not sacrifice and medically search to know how much balance diet a man need to recover when he engaged just once.
Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by Crosby24: 8:12pm On Nov 28, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Dementia is not rare at all and there are assisted living homes where people pay to live out the rest of their days even with such conditions. So, if you pay for the right person to help before it fully sets it, then you will be taken care of. undecided
Nothing can be compare with family quote me anywhere
Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by ProtonX: 8:12pm On Nov 28, 2023
Savedday2:
Tell all the SIMP make them get small sense.

They are here glorifying ashawo that has been overused because she gave birth to a child.

The fact is that none of them can swear that another guy haven't knack the wife/girlfriends since they are 2geda.

Are you mentally ill? Because the symptoms are glaring.
Your mother, your sisters, and all the people who identify as female in your lineage are the real hoes, otherwise they won't have birthed a mistake like you for a child. Total waste.
That also includes all your kind on this platform, we need to start separating the tares from the wheat.
Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by Kobojunkie: 8:13pm On Nov 28, 2023
Crosby24:
■ Nothing can be compare with family quote me anywhere
Tell that to the many old and grey who were abandoned by their family to live out their end in misery. undecided
Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by ProtonX: 8:14pm On Nov 28, 2023
mmadu5:
protect this Op by every means necessary he is a national treasure.

LMAO. Says a dimwit. We all need protection from your empty head.
Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:17pm On Nov 28, 2023
Crosby24:

i differ on investment, but let give u a chance to explain the investment to us
Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by AbuTwins: 8:18pm On Nov 28, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

are you saying, breathing air is also a sacrifice ?

My angle is giving birth is a choice unless one was raped

The rest choose to have sex which leads to being pregnant and results in giving birth, all that process is a choice one makes meaning you can not choose two

whereas sacrifice is something that puts you off your own plans egg, looking after someone's child, its a sacrifice becoz they went out of their own originals plans

You cant claim sacrifice to things that you are meant to be doing either naturally or due to a choice you have made, eg you can not claim to sacrifice in looking after your own kids, becoz its a choice you made in having unprotected sex and resulted in one getting pregnant and child, therefore the child is your responsibility not anyone else

Dont mix sacrifice and hard times women go through when givinh birth there are two separate things

It's a sacrifice!

Sacrifice is to give up (something valued) for the sake of other considerations.

What didn't she give up to nourish the baby from gestation to delivery to lactation to other baby care?

Have you seen a woman deliver a baby live before?
Have you washed and bury a baby born dead before?
Have you dealt with the trauma after such?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by Crosby24: 8:23pm On Nov 28, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

i differ on investment, but let give u a chance to explain the investment to us
What are investment for, you do something that'll benefits you "positively" tomorrow.
Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by Crosby24: 8:28pm On Nov 28, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Tell that to the many old and grey who were abandoned by their family to live out their end in misery. undecided
Abandoning their parents does not change the beauty of family
Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by Kobojunkie: 8:34pm On Nov 28, 2023
Crosby24:
■ Abandoning their parents does not change the beauty of family
It is so beautiful that it can still abandon one when one is old and weak, right? undecided
Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:34pm On Nov 28, 2023
AbuTwins:

It's a sacrifice!

Sacrifice is to give up (something valued) for the sake of other considerations.

What didn't she give up to nourish the baby from gestation to delivery to lactation to other baby care?

Have you seen a woman deliver a baby live before?
Have you washed and bury a baby born dead before?
Have you dealt with the trauma after such?

you cant reason

let me take baby step with you

whats it her choice to have sex ?

Did she know that giving birth can have complications?

All those are choices she made, its like committing a crime and not wanting to go jail

Tell me, to who is she sacrificing herself ? its her natural way to have a child no two ways about it

Since she wants children, who is supposed to carry the 9months for her ? Who is supposed to make sure that the baby get all needed for the babe to be health?

Stop mixing pain, process and emotions of giving birth and the choices, resposibility and natural ways to achieve something in this case having kids

If you want to highlight the emotions and the pain you saw in women giving birth go ahead but dont mix it with sacrifice, if you want to give birth natural thats the only way, you have to make that decision alone
Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by lookingfly: 8:34pm On Nov 28, 2023
Magnoliaa:
Mtcheeeewwww. I don't even know what to say.
Shut up grin
Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by SisterAnn(f): 8:35pm On Nov 28, 2023
GO0DHardDick:

Dear OP,

BRATISLAVA,
SisterAnn
Lovelyn541
Fountainofyouth

I hope the above mentioned fuuuuls sees this post, and as usual they'll avoid it like plague.

It beats my imagination how a sane human being will consider giving birth to a child as sacrificed. Her own child for that matter! It's not like it's only the man that owns the child. This is just like saying a man unable to impregnate his wife is making sacrifice. Too lame and dull people on nairaland.

I am waiting for them to come and argue with the OP. Fuuulllls everywhere! Don't go and hustle, make money and take care of yourself. Be there waiting for a man to come and take care of you because you see giving birth as a sacrifice. Ee_diiiooots

You are the most angry NLer I know. You exude too much negative energy online over nothing.

Your life must be difficult!

We can help you if you reach out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:36pm On Nov 28, 2023
Crosby24:

What are investment for, you do something that'll benefits you "positively" tomorrow.

a child is not an investment, money in bank, pension fund etc can make a better decision for me in future that relaying on child
Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by Crosby24: 8:36pm On Nov 28, 2023
Kobojunkie:
It is so beautiful that it can still abandon one when one is old and weak, right? undecided
Depends on upbringing
Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On Nov 28, 2023
Crosby24:
■ Depends on upbringing
Storyland! undecided
Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by Crosby24: 8:46pm On Nov 28, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

a child is not an investment, money in bank, pension fund etc can make a better decision for me in future that relaying on child
Investment is not limited to money
Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:49pm On Nov 28, 2023
Crosby24:

Investment is not limited to money

yes thats true, but you know what i mean, in most african set up its not about emotional family support but money, so pliz stop trying to hide behind your finger

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by Crosby24: 9:03pm On Nov 28, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

yes thats true, but you know what i mean, in most african set up its not about emotional family support but money, so pliz stop trying to hide behind your finger
Any how you put it at that point it's not robots that will do the work for you but human so having children is not sacrifice but a necessity
Re: Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice by Kobojunkie: 9:07pm On Nov 28, 2023
Crosby24:
■ Any how you put it at that point it's not robots that will do the work for you but human so having children is not sacrifice but a necessity
So, children are sort of your personal slaves? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Do You Like About Your Father. / What Should Be The Punishment For craddle-robbers In Nigeria? / Should I Be Worried ? See What My Daughter Did (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.