Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin (16734 Views)

Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota / Hearing Of Court Cases Via Zoom, Skype Approved By Lagos Chief Judge / Opeyemi Oke Retires As Lagos Chief Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by ablejesus26(m): 12:13pm On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

All the hate is coming from your disrespectful Yoruba siblings who know nothing about history.
So stop being a fat hypocrite by calling people hateful for not joining in your people's hate campaign. Defending the truth is now what you want to call hate ? While ignoring all the threats to life and insults coming from your brothers ?
You guys live in an alternate reality. You created fake history, and now you create fake present reality.

Loll this one go be pro ipob grin anyone who tells the truth automatically becomes Yoruba.
You are as useless as the APC urchins we have to deal with here on a daily basis, anyone who tells the truth becomes Igbo grin grin

So bcus one idiotic tribally bigoted hatefilled coconut head from Yoruba spils tribal hate, that's the perfect excuse to also join in the show of shame right?
I hope You are not portraying yourself to be Igbo here. Nwafors don't go about doing senseless tribal hate wit useless lazy idiots, all We do is run our business and do the doings of Odugwu.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Raf4: 12:15pm On Nov 30, 2023
itsene:

I'm not sure you believe what you wrote .
When did Oranmiyan invade Benin?

Go and read relevant history books, check from Internet as well. You can also interview the descendants of ogiso ruling house in Bini
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Krismas(m): 12:18pm On Nov 30, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Shut up,I never said the Egyptian did 'speak hieroglyphs' ! What I said was that Oduduwa understood and could interpret what these
hieroglyphs stood for ! Oduduwa is not a Bini man;he did not understand your Bini language and there is no evidence whatsoever that he spoke any Edoid language either ! He couldn't have been a Bini man and there would not be evidence of it in Yoruba language !

Oduduwa and his entourage from the foreign land greatly influenced the people he met in Ile Ife in every sphere of their lives. He brought alien religion and culture which were hitherto unknown to the people of Ife then. He taught them new skills and way of life,none of which is indigenous to Binis. All these things form an integral part of what is known today as Yoruba culture and heritage. Oduduwa did not come to Ile Ife alone;he came with a large entourage and not a single one of them was a Bini man because he wasn't one himself ! The people you see and know as Yoruba people today are actually a mixture of the native inhabitants of Ile Ife and Oduduwa people. They intermarried;Oduduwa himself married from among the native inhabitants of Ife. So, which "resemble" you dey talk about,Bini man ?!

Yoruba language has lots of similarities with the ancient language spoken around the ancient Middle East region, it's a fact ! Your Bini culture did not influence Yoruba culture in anyway,be it language,art,religion or anything ! As a matter of fact,it is well established that Yoruba culture and heritage is quite visible in Benin ! Binis practised Yoruba traditional religions - you worship Ogun,Sango, OBAtala, Yemoja-Olokun,etc ! These are all indigenous Yoruba gods and goddesses;Oba of Benin worship them all in his palace !

Take it or leave it,the man you know as the Oba of Benin today has Yoruba root ! That is what you Binis desperately want to eraze and a major reason for your loads of fabricated stories which are not just adding up ! You guys need to rest,you'll never be able to twist our history to suit your laughable agenda !

grin U can’t intimidate me! LOL
Just google and u will find dat even the word ILE is Bini grin
Ozuduwa came to Ife, he was very young. And he came with all his deities. Mostly Olokun. The mysticism started in Benin.
Ogun was Ozuduwa’s grandson and Sango was Oranmiyan’s linage. Dats why their worship is embraced in Benin.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 12:19pm On Nov 30, 2023
ablejesus26:

Loll this one go be pro ipob grin anyone who tells the truth automatically becomes Yoruba.
You are as useless as the APC urchins we have to deal with here on a daily basis, anyone who tells the truth becomes Igbo grin grin

So bcus one idiotic tribally bigoted hatefilled coconut head from Yoruba spils tribal hate, that's the perfect excuse to also join in the show of shame right?
I hope You are not portraying yourself to be Igbo here. Nwafors don't go about doing senseless tribal hate wit useless lazy idiots, all We do is run our business and do the doings of Odugwu.
Strange that I managed to not insult you. But you responded by a mountain of insults, and still you claim that I am the one practicing hatred ?
You see, one of the problems of Nigerians like you is that you are uneducated. You think mastering the English language is the highest form of education, and therefore anytime you talk, you try to show your level of English.
Man, your level of logical reasoning is at zero. Everybody can claim to be telling the truth and that is what all ignorant Nigerian say. But what actually matters is to provide evidence to back your claims, and that is what I have done.
It is strange how you are replying my comment, yet you are too lazy to actually read my comments.
"Odugwu" 🤣, Nigerians and subculture. Why don't you guys go and learn fields of science instead of endlessly creating subcultures out of thin air.
You are calling someone a "hater" while what he is saying is backed by proof. I point that to you and tell you where the hate is coming from, then you proceed to insult me and talk about your "odugwu" and claim to not be yoruba. (Look in reality, your ethnicity doesn't matter, there is no way to verify it. All that matters is what you say and that is what I address).
And you are supposed to be the person standing against hate 🤣 to prove it, you throw insults and show your hatred 🤣
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by VEHINTOLAR: 12:29pm On Nov 30, 2023
Krismas:
grin U can’t intimidate me! LOL
Just google and u will find dat even the word ILE is Bini grin
Ozuduwa came to Ife, he was very young. And he came with all his deities. Mostly Olokun. The mysticism started in Benin.
Ogun was Ozuduwa’s grandson and Sango was Oranmiyan’s linage. Dats why their worship is embraced in Benin.

Lol,you guys are indeed bunch of clowns 🤡 🤡 🤡 !
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by GUNITGuy: 12:40pm On Nov 30, 2023
itsene:

Use your biology to compass tiny England and populous India, a former colony.
Ditto Japan and China.
If its your Logic whose influence is stronger whose language do they speak whose culture do they embrace ... Definitely we didn't embrace any Bini Culture nor Language but they're Alot of proofs showing strong Yoruba influences on Bini even Languages names ...

The English should be practicing Hindi or Speaking Hindu or wearing indian cloths but it's the the other way round you using their name, language please tell me just one Bini influences on Yoruba than saying they discover Lagos or one Deity from there in Yoruba Land there is none .....
Instead most of the civilisation were from the Oyo empire it's evident yet you wont see any Oyo person making noise all over the internet ....
The Ijaws have given their account theyve told them but that Binis have something to do with Yorubas not telling them they gave all Yorubas King yet no king in Yoruba us answerable to The one in Edo state .... There's no argument in this is Just common sense .....
They should visiting edo state at least once a Year but nothing like that ever happened
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by ablejesus26(m): 12:42pm On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

Strange that I managed to not insult you. But you responded by a mountain of insults, and still you claim that I am the one practicing hatred ?
You see one of the problems of Nigerians like you is that you are uneducated. You think mastering the English language is the highest form of education, and therefore anytime you talk, you try to show your level of English.
Man, your level of logical reasoning is at zero. Everybody can claim to be telling the truth and that is what all ignorant Nigerian says. But what actually matters us to provide evidence to back your claims, and that is what I have done.
It is strange how you are replying my comment, yet you are too lazy to actually read my comments.
"Odugwu" 🤣, Nigerians and subculture. Why don't you guys go and learn fields of science instead of endlessly creating subcultures out of thin air.
You are calling someone a "hater" while what he is saying is backed by proof. I point that to you and tell you where the hate is coming from, then you proceed to insult me and talk about your "odugwu" and claim to not be yoruba. (Look in reality, your ethnicity doesn't matter, there is no way to verify it. All that matters is what you say and that is what I address).

Loll You actually sound like the uneducated one here.

So I called out someone to tell him not to enjoin ragtags here in doing senseless tribal hate bcus it is a very low and degrading thing to do,what was Your first response??
It is Your Yoruba brothers!!😀😀 how can You claim to be educated when you navigate and religate tribalism to tribe?
Are You saying only people from Yoruba are tribalist?
Does this concept have any bearing on the reality We have at hand?

There are Tribalistic hatefilled morôns in every tribe,Facts!! I likened you with the pro APC niggas we have here bcus their minds works exactly like Yours,anyone who says anything against tifnubu automatically becomes Igbo,but the reality of the Presidential results totally crushes such lame and senseless mindset for even Tinubu's direct family in Osun voted against the disaster tifnubu grin

So in your so called educated mind,its OK for someone mentally sound to do senseless tribal hate bcus another person is doing it too You are plainly a product of the wishy washy educational system We have running down here grin
I was not talking on a tribal sentiment when I made that comment on racoon He is one of the peeps I like their comments here,I just feel its quite low for him to cower to such banters as senseless as tribal hate bcus others are doing it,I feel He is too smart for that nonsense. When I see anyone doing senseless tribal hate shenanigans, I call them out directly.

BTW You are a tribalistic hatefilled fellow so its impossible for your mind to be half as sound as mine so just rest😜.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 12:50pm On Nov 30, 2023
ablejesus26:

So I called out someone to tell him not to enjoin ragtags here in doing senseless tribal hate bcus it is a very low and degrading thing to do,what was Your first response??
It is Your Yoruba brothers!!😀😀 how can You claim to be educated when you navigate and religate tribalism to tribe?

There are Tribalistic hatefilled morôns in every tribe,Facts!! I likened you with the pro APC niggas we have here bcus their minds works exactly like Yours,anyone who says anything against tifnubu automatically becomes Igbo,but the reality of the Presidential results totally crushes such lame and senseless mindset for even Tinubu's direct family in Osun voted against the disaster tifnubu grin

So in your so called educated mind,its OK for someone mentally sound to do senseless tribal hate bcus another person is doing it too You are plainly a product of the wishy washy educational system We have running down here grin
I was not talking on a tribal sentiment when I made that comment on racoon He is one of the peeps I like their comments here,I just feel its quite low for him to cower to such banters as senseless as tribal hate bcus others are doing it,I feel He is too smart for that nonsense. When I see anyone doing senseless tribal hate shenanigans, I call them out directly.

BTW You are a tribalistic hatefilled fellow so its impossible for your mind to be half as sound as mine so just rest😜.

I guess your charade of English "mastering" is over, I exposed it is a useless form of pretention which doesn't show any trace of useful education, therefore you dropped the act and you are now using words like "nigga" and "tiefnubu".
I guess you are a politically motivated hater. Indeed, your hatred is out here and undeniable in your comments.
You are not acting rationally and you are making false accusations against people for the only reason that they are not towing your own line of hatred.

Look, let us end it here, you are just an other nairaland hypocrite. You guys are like big time armed robbers who accuse someone of stealing an orange.
I don't need to exchange with you anymore, I've figured you out already.
As I already said, your ethnicity doesn't matter, what matters are your words and that is what I address, but you seem to not understand that and you focus on "proving" your ethnicity by using words of hatred. That doesn't prove anything and again your ethnicity doesn't matter. I have seen Arabs who have a racist hatred towards Arabs, a person can insult his people to "prove" he is from a different people. There is no way to prove ethnicity on nairaland. All that matters are your words. If you speak yoruba-centric propaganda, it is going to be addressed as such, no one gives a rat's ass if you are yoruba or not. However, if you come here, make a claim and provide real proof, then again you would be right, irrespective of your ethnicity.

Again, don't quote me anymore, you are a hypocrite with nothing to offer except hypocrisy and false grandstanding.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by baysol: 12:54pm On Nov 30, 2023
KingKO22:
Ordinarily, when you take a look at Lagos, it is surrounded by Yoruba land from Egba, Awori to Ijebu and Sagamu

So the Binin kingdom jumped all the entire Yoruba land from Ore, to Ijebu and Sagamu and found a place in another man's kingdom

The fact that you settle in a place doesn't make you the owner.

This history mainly pointing to the fact that Edo kingdom are from Yoruba land.
The names of their founder Kings are Yoruba names

This is the reality, Yorubas must wake up to even in modern times these vagabond people will come in to Yoruba land enjoying yoruba good neighbourlines, and unwavering welcoming attitude only to wake up one morning to want to grab yoruba land in its entirety. They came begging to live in Yoruba space in the first place but when the cowards get emboldened they start to wrestle the land with the owner which no yoruba ever does in these settlers dirty onclaves. Yorubas must wise up as these lawless people are many in modern times now consisting not only of the stupid Binis, but fulani and worthless igbos as well. Take it from me if nothing is done to send these people packing with their parasitic way of life, I promise you they will lead to the demise of yorubas not only from Lagos but from the rest of their great God given land. Talk of subtle take over. The Last Lagos election is a typical example of what I am saying. Omo yoruba wake up! They have also begin to subtly adopt yoruba name in mixure with their name to serve as a decoy from their take over plan, taking over yoruba language in various forms from something as small as wrong spelling to wrong use and injection of their own language, while depriving our young generations of the use of correct yoruba Language, these are done in a very subtle manner, improvishing the yoruba people by their take over syndrome with them taking over youruba economy by hook or crook even becoming land lords and ladies in Yoruba land this must be tightly regulated, They also don't want to employ yorubas in their work environment and make sure they make their life a hell when they work together while doing all manner of scheming and lastly they have started systematic killing of yoruba people through subtle means like gang killing, poisoning, set ups, kidnapping and rituals which also involved some stupid yoruba people (that must be devoted to death) of questionable charater. A word they say is for the wise. If this never wake you up nothing will ever wake you up until death cames inevitably.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Krismas(m): 12:59pm On Nov 30, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Lol,you guys are indeed bunch of clowns 🤡 🤡 🤡 !
grin Refute it if u can.
Ooni is not a Yoruba word. It means THATS HIM in Bini. Oranmiyan is actually Omonoyan, the first born of Ozuduwa. Ile is the capital of Igodomigodo. U guys were started by Bini
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by ablejesus26(m): 1:09pm On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

I guess your charade of English "mastering" is over, I exposed it is a useless form of pretention which doesn't show any trace of useful education, therefore you dropped the act and you are now using words like "nigga" and "tiefnubu".
I guess you are a politically motivated hater. Indeed, your hatred is out here and undeniable in your comments.
You are not acting rationally and you are making false accusations against people for the only reason that they are not towing your own line of hatred.

Look, let us end it here, you are just an other nairaland hypocrite. You guys are like big time armed robbers who accuse someone of stealing an orange.

There's no how You can go all out doing senseless tribal hate like You just tribe tagged me for telling someone to desist from such senseless banters and yet claim to be educated or intelligent.
EOD.

Education is not just learning how to read and write. It is empowering the mind with information that transcends to knowledge, if your mind is informed, if You have anything close to knowledge in You,Your mind will accept the reality that there are good and bad people in every Tribe, hence making this senseless tribal hate a very useless thing to do.
EOD.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 1:13pm On Nov 30, 2023
ablejesus26:

As I already said, your ethnicity doesn't matter, what matters are your words and that is what I address, but you seem to not understand that and you focus on "proving" your ethnicity by using words of hatred. That doesn't prove anything and again your ethnicity doesn't matter. I have seen Arabs who have a racist hatred towards Arabs, a person can insult his people to "prove" he is from a different people. There is no way to prove ethnicity on nairaland. All that matters are your words. If you speak yoruba-centric propaganda, it is going to be addressed as such, no one gives a rat's ass if you are yoruba or not. However, if you come here, make a claim and provide real proof, then again you would be right, irrespective of your ethnicity.

Again, don't quote me anymore, you are a hypocrite with nothing to offer except hypocrisy and hatred and false grandstanding.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by baysol: 1:14pm On Nov 30, 2023
This is the reality, Yorubas must wake up to even in modern times these vagabond people will come in to Yoruba land enjoying yoruba good neighbourlines, and unwavering welcoming attitude only to wake up one morning to want to grab yoruba land in its entirety. They came begging to live in Yoruba space in the first place but when the cowards get emboldened they start to wrestle the land with the owner which no yoruba ever does in these settlers dirty onclaves. Yorubas must wise up as these lawless people are many in modern times now consisting not only of the stupid Binis, but fulani and worthless igbos as well. Take it from me if nothing is done to send these people packing with their parasitic way of life, I promise you they will lead to the demise of yorubas not only from Lagos but from the rest of their great God given land. Talk of subtle take over. The Last Lagos election is a typical example of what I am saying. Omo yoruba wake up! They have also begin to subtly adopt yoruba name in mixure with their name to serve as a decoy from their take over plan, taking over yoruba language in various forms from something as small as wrong spelling to wrong use and injection of their own language, while depriving our young generations of the use of correct yoruba Language, these are done in a very subtle manner, improvishing the yoruba people by their take over syndrome with them taking over youruba economy by hook or crook even becoming land lords and ladies in Yoruba land this must be tightly regulated, They also don't want to employ yorubas in their work environment and make sure they make their life a hell when they work together while doing all manner of scheming and lastly they have started systematic killing of yoruba people through subtle means like gang killing, poisoning, set ups, kidnapping and rituals which also involved some stupid yoruba people (that must be devoted to death) of questionable charater. A word they say is for the wise. If this never wake you up nothing will ever wake you up until death cames inevitably.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Iykenuwa(m): 1:25pm On Nov 30, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Please,I don't need any respect from any Bini man;keep your respect because I have none for you either ! As for your Oba Ogiso,since he decided to dance naked at the market square,whatever respect we had for him in the past is gone with that stupid act !

* !

Did you notice you're still unable to refute a single point of mine?

You're simply blowing hot air.

Benin owns Lagos, cry blood.

The attempts by Ajayi Crowther, Awolowo and their ilk, cannot change truth.

Let me live you with this excerpt from Kosoko's trial:

Consul Beercroft to V Palmerston-( Recieved January 7 1852) My Lord the blood hound of Lagos, November 26, 1851. The Chief then stated that he had not upto the present recieved any power or authority from the king of Benin to rule as king of lagos, he repeated thesame as above that the king might sign but he, kossoko would not nor had he any desire to do so. It is quite certain that the king of Benin would not give him that power as long as he is certain that Akitoye is alive for he has emblems of authority from late and present king of Benin who was crowned at the city of Benin when i was in that river late march. Source: Parliamentary papers volume 54- Great Britain parliament House of Commons, July 1852.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by VEHINTOLAR: 2:03pm On Nov 30, 2023
Krismas:
grin Refute it if u can.
Ooni is not a Yoruba word. It means THATS HIM in Bini. Oranmiyan is actually Omonoyan, the first born of Ozuduwa. Ile is the capital of Igodomigodo. U guys were started by Bini

Stop embarrassing your dead Ogisos,you ain't making any sense ! I thought the issue was just a case of ignorance alone but I can see some elements of mental illness now and I'm truly worried about that ! I can't continue doing a back and forth with someone who is sick in the head, apparently!

If you were not sick upstairs,you wouldn't be saying such gibberish as to claim that your whatever "Ile",which you mischievously want us to believe is now Ile Ife,was "the capital of igodomigodo" ! So,the question is : how come Oduduwa,a supposed Bini man from "Ile" or igodomigodo neither spoke nor understood the language of his supposed land and people ?!
The Ijaws,Binis nextdoor neighbors,witnessed the arrival of Oranmiyan and his entourage to the area which is now known as Benin today. He was recorded in the Ijaws' accounts as "an influential YORUBA PRINCE from Ile Ife" who arrived with a large entourage of his Yoruba people! The Ijaws did not describe Oranmiyan as a Bini prince who arrived from exile,no they did not because they knew he was a Yoruba Prince from Ile Ife.

Your "Izoduwa" must still be roaming inside the Boko Haram infested forest of Sambisa ! You may look in that direction;you can still take him home -igodomigodo ! You are not making any sense,walahi ! This may be my last response to you on the subject matter 'cause most of you guys are already sounding like a broken gramophone,I can't deal !
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Iykenuwa(m): 2:51pm On Nov 30, 2023
Consul Beecroft to Viscount Palmerston. — (Received June 10.)

Clarence, Fernando Po, February 24, 1851.

I HAVE the honour herewith to inclose a copy of a letter addressed to me by Akitoye, the ex-King of Lagos.

--

King Akitoye to Consul Beecroft.

I, KTNG AKITOYE, of Lagos, salute you and your great Queen and Government, and I wish you all happiness, peace and prosperity. May God bless your great Queen, and grant her a long and happy reign.

I rejoice very much to see the day which has brought you the Representative of England, to this town, particularly at this time when I am surrounded by dangers. Indeed I very much need your protection, as my life is every moment at stake. I humbly beg to bring my case before you, and trust you will condescend to listen patiently to what I have to say.

In order that you may better understand the whole affair, allow me at the commencement to inform you that the King of Benin has the undisputed right to crown or confirm the individual whom the people of Lagos elect to be their King.

After the death of the late King, which happened about nine years ago, I was unanimously chosen by the people of Lagos to be their King, and was lawfully crowned or confirmed by the King of Benin.

As a King who delights in peace, and wishes for nothing so much as the welfare and prosperity of his people, I endeavoured to promote peace among all classes of people.

To this end I recalled home many exiles who had been sent away from the kingdom in the preceding reign. I chartered a vessel to go to Whydah, and to bring back my nephew, Kosoko, although it was at a great expense.

I admonished him to put away all former hostilities, and begged that we should all live together in peace.

After three years' peaceful reign, I thought of inviting the English to Lagos ; but knowing that they are much against the Slave Trade, and that no friendly intercourse can exist between us, without giving it up, I, after much consideration, determined to abolish it from my dominions, if the English will agree to carry on lawful trade with me.

Accordingly I wrote two letters, one to the ships of war, and the other to the Governor of Cape Coast, both which letters I sent to Badagry to he forwarded ; but, I am sorry to say, were delayed for a long time.

This was at the year 1845.

While I was thinking of nothing but how to regulate the affairs of my kingdom in peace and quietness, Kosoko, my nephew, whom I have mentioned above, without any regard to the obligations he was under, breaking through all ties of gratitude and common humanity, made preparations for entering into animosities with me.

He, in the preceding reign, had been found guilty of an attempt of usurpation, in consequence of which he was banished. A few days after I wrote the letters to the English (government, he (Kosoko) collected a large number of his wicked boys together and waged war upon me. This war lasted twenty-one days, during which time more than thousand of lives were lost, and which terminated in my being expelled from Lagos — bribery and treachery leaving me no alternative.

Kosoko having thus set himself upon a blood-stained throne, has maintained his position by his daring wickedness, though the King of Benin never acknowledged nor confirmed him, and though thousands of people are against him.

Being thus turned away, I took refuge among my own friends and relatives at Abbeokuta, who kindly took me up and protected me against Kosoko's inhuman attempt to seek my life. But thinking that I should have better chance to communicate with the English, and that I might be nearer Lagos to watch the movements of Kosoko and the affairs of my kingdom, I took my residence at Badagry.

I need not tell you. Sir, what a calamity it is for a King to be reduced to my distressful circumstances. I find myself obliged to solicit your assistance, and I am reduced to the necessity of begging your aid against an enemy who has seized my throne and kingdom.

My humble prayer to you. Sir, the Representative of the English Government, who, it is well known, is ever ready and desirous to protect the defenceless, to obtain redress for the grievance of the injured, and to check the triumphs of wickedness, is, that you would take Lagos under your protection, that you would plant the English flag there, and that you would re-establish me on my rightful throne at Lagos, and protect me under my flag : and with your help I promise to enter into a Treaty with England to abolish the Slave Trade at Lagos, and to establish and carry on lawful trade, especially with the English merchants.

Trusting my petition will meet with a favourable reception, I remain, &c.

(Signed) AKITOYE.

Parliamentary papers, Volume 54
House of Commons, Great Britain Parliament

Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by ablejesus26(m): 2:59pm On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

Again, don't quote me anymore, you are a hypocrite with nothing to offer except hypocrisy and hatred and false grandstanding.

Stop resending me this plenty shenanigans, there's not a single intelligence in your tribally bigoted hatefilled coconut head grin

You came right into my mention and tagged me Yoruba for telling someone not to join tribally bigoted hatefilled illiterates like you in doing senseless tribal hate, yet You think you have sense, such a joke😀😀
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by VEHINTOLAR: 3:01pm On Nov 30, 2023
Iykenuwa:

Did you notice you're still unable to refute a single point of mine?

You're simply blowing hot air.

Benin owns Lagos, cry blood.

The attempts by Ajayi Crowther, Awolowo and their ilk, cannot change truth.

Let me live you with this excerpt from Kosoko's trial:

Lol,Ndi Benin owns Lagos,bunch of clowns from that tiny 2-LGA land in Edo State ! O ya, go and take Lagos nah,mumu from hell,since one senseless,skirt wearing ogiso masquerade claimed Benin owns it ! You guys ain't making any sense, it's all some repeated gibberish like some broken gramophone! Ode,"did you notice you're unable to refute,blah,blah,blah, !

I initially thought it was just a case of sheer ignorance but then,I started seeing some unmistakable signs of mental illnesses which is common to you guys from that little hole called Benin ! It can only be madness that will make anyone equates Old Oyo Empire to the ancient time of Oduduwa ! Lol,how many generations had gone after Oduduwa that you mumu from Bini still expected him to be one "Arabian Prince" of the old Oyo Empire ?! Na wa o, you Bini guys are so dumb !

If you and your senseless skirt wearing ogiso want to die,you should die because it won't change the underlisted facts :

* Oduduwa was NEVER a Bini man;he neither spoke nor understood Bini language. He had no connection with your dead Ogisos !

* Lagos is Yoruba land and it will forever be a Yorubaland,no loudmouthed skirt wearing fool from a foreign land will ever be able to change that status !

* Yoruba culture and heritage - religion,Art, language,etc will forever be visible in Benin, among its people and especially,at the Oba's palace. And that's because it was once one of our numerous territories which we dominated and ruled over;all the evidences are right there ! You bear our names,our words featured quite prominently in every of your day to day conversations in your native Binis language,we don't have a thing from you guys (Binis) but we (Yoruba ) gave you so many courtesy of our fathers, Oduduwa and Oranmiyan !

The story of you Bini is akin to that of a favoured slave "Alaigboro" who eventually suffered a painful humiliation because he started misbehaving while thinking that he was the Prince ! It was a very large family and the Head of that family,a very nice man,was treating everyone equally and with dignity. But this slave,thinking that he was the Scion of the family,walked up to the Head of that family ,whom he thought was his biological father, and demanded to know who was the slave in the family.

Having heard that there was a slave in the family,he wanted "his father" to name the slave but the man told him that it wasn't necessary and that such action would make the slave very sad. "Alaigboro" insisted that he wanted to know and "his father" instructed him to fix a meeting to be attended by everybody in the family for next day. On the day of the meeting,while everybody was present,the man rose up and informed everybody that the only slave in the family was actually "Alaigboro" ! It was a painful humiliation for the slave as earlier predicted by the man and he eventually committed a suicide !

The slave in the story above is actually the Binis !

Now,crawl back into whatever primitive hole you came out from in one of those many evil forests of igodomigodo and remain dumber than you're already there ! You won't get further response from me on the subject matter again; you're dumb !
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by lexy2014: 3:54pm On Nov 30, 2023
jrusky:

Oba of Bini is wrong for saying Bini founded Lagos there are people in that land before the Bini traders and farmers came to the land. Full stop. Thanks.

how does that answer this question?

if you say that "Oduduwa son became first king in Benin" was that "first king in Benin" the one that gave birth to all the Binis that present days Binis now have to trace their ancestry to him?

who are the people that were in the land before the Bini traders and farmers came to the land?

where did the Bini traders and farmers that u say came to the land come from and what did they come to do?
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by jaymichael(m): 5:32pm On Nov 30, 2023
onosbaba3310:

Oba no collect, na una dey fool una selves, but you guys are so dumb to see that, you guys agreed that the BINIs settled in Lagos, you agreed the Benin tax other Lagos inhabitants, you agreed the bini started the oba dynasty in Lagos, you agreed the BINIs named Lagos Eko, which is the second name now, all these are validating the oba claim😂😂

Your only point is that the aworis settled in some parts of Lagos before the bini came, my question is who named it Lagos then If no be BINI found Lagos, na the Portuguese found Lagos na, since na them rename from Eko to Lagos😁😁😁
Carry your iru smelling mouth gerrout. We the indigines know the real history of Lagos and Lagos state. I read political science and I also did History of lagos as a course and I am exposed to many different versions of the history of Lagos and that of the Oba is one of the distorted versions.
My wife us also a Lagosian from one if the Onisiwo Islands.
The Aworis were there on Lagos Island as at when the Bini warriors who were going on their war expedition against the Ajase in Dahomey set up camp there.
We faulted the Oba's choice of the word FOUNDED because Lagos Island as a marshy land was inhabited by the Asipa family of the Aworis and it was mainly used as a farm settlement because of the terrain.
The Bini warriors imposed a tribute collection and their rule on the inhabitants of the Island who are predominantly farmers and fishermen. They couldn't face the strength of the bini warriors. After the war, some left and those that cannot travel back to Benin remained.
In light of the above, the bini warriors could not have founded a land with an already established people and settlement.
It will be wrong to say we the Yorubas founded Benin because at some point the Benin kingdom was ruled by Yorubas and the Obas have Yoruba linage.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by TheOgaBoss: 6:31pm On Nov 30, 2023
adioolayi:
Abeg, allow the Oba of Benin rest..

Even palace don know say Oba goofed.. he won't do it again grin grin grin
did the oba of Lagos himself not confirm the fact that their ancestry is Benin?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 6:45pm On Nov 30, 2023
TheOgaBoss:
did the oba of Lagos himself not confirm the fact that their ancestry is Benin?
Yoruba reason with the same fanatism as bokoharam.
They blind themselves to not see proof that their belief is wrong. They believe that their ethnocentric beliefs should become the gospel of everybody else.
No matter how many proofs you present, the Yoruba will always repeat his fanatical claim which you have proven to be false.

1. Precolonial maps showing that Lagos was a part of Benin: the Yoruba would say it means nothing.
2. Precolonial texts clearly saying Lagos is a part of Benin: the Yoruba would say, it still means nothing.
3. Instead the yoruba will bring fairytales and toddler reasoning as "proof" that Lagos was founded by "yoruba".
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by MamaletASO: 9:10pm On Nov 30, 2023
Just like labourers (elebira) you gave a portion of land around your farm land so as to cultivate and feed himself and family....after some years (like 10-15years) can be laying claim that he his the owner of the land...

So, when someone is ignorant of a matter...he or she should seek for wisdom...instead of causing distortion due to his/her ignorant...

Lagos is Aworis..no argument.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 9:13pm On Nov 30, 2023
If a person invents a time machine and takes yarri.ba back in time to show them Lagos being part of Benin kingdom, the yarri.ba will still say: "this proves nothing".
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Christistruth00: 10:07am On Dec 01, 2023
Stoplying:

1. You didn't provide a link to the document which you claim to quote.
2. Instead you provided only a snapshot, which makes it possible that the document might be fake !
3. Be more specific on what you want to quote in the "document".
4. Each document I provided is older by at least 100 or 200 years than your maybe fake document.
5. Even if your document were not fake, it remains irrelevant, indeed the documents which I provided are older and eyewitness written!

The Document is not fake google it up the British Colonial Governor of Lagos definitely knew who the owners of Lagos were and said so
He was the Governor of Lagos

The Awori people still own Lagos today.

Ask the Oba Of Benin to sell you one Square kilometer if Lagos and ask the Awori people to do the same so we can know who the real owners of Lagos Are

At least nobody can sell what they don't own

Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 10:18am On Dec 01, 2023
Christistruth00:

The Document is not fake google it up the British Colonial Governor of Lagos definitely knew who the owners of Lagos were and said so
1. Provide a link to the document, I don't want to be talking about a document which might very well be a fake.
2. If the document were not fake, then you place too much trust on the magical powers of the "British governor of Lagos". The point in history is not to quote someone and say that person must have known. The point is to quote someone who saw !
3. I have posted older documents with link to the documents and they contradict the talk of the "British governor of Lagos" if your document is not fake. So I have more relevant documents. Your "British governor of Lagos" didn't have any magical powers to tell you what happened hundreds of years before he was born.
Say it with me: "I need eyewitness written documents".
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Christistruth00: 10:18am On Dec 01, 2023
Stoplying:

1. Provide a link to the document, I don't want to be talking about a document which might very well be a fake.
2. If the document were not fake, then you place too much trust on the magical powers of the "British governor of Lagos". The point in history is not to quote someone and say that person must have known. The point is to quote someone who saw !
3. I have posted older documents with link to the documents and they contradict the talk of the "British governor of Lagos" if your document is not fake. So I have more relevant documents. Your "British governor of Lagos" didn't have any magical powers to tell you what happened hundreds of years before he was born.
Say it with me: "I need eyewitness written documents".

I asked you to Google it yourself
It also in the UK Archives ask them to send you a Copy of the Original

On top of all that it was Ife that Founded Benin

Ogiso Obagodo who founded Igodomigodo Kingdom was an Ife man who was sent from Ife

Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 10:25am On Dec 01, 2023
Christistruth00:

He was the Governor of Lagos

The Awori people still own Lagos today.

Ask the Oba Of Benin to sell you one Square kilometer if Lagos and ask the Awori people to do the same so we can know who the real owners of Lagos Are

At least nobody can sell what they don't own
The real owners of Lagos...
You know I can ask Igbo to sell me land in Lagos right ?
I can also ask haussa to sell me land in Lagos.
I can ask libanese to sell me land in Lagos.
The Igbos have more land to sell in Lagos then your beloved awori.
I guess Igbo and haussa and Lebanese are the real owners of lagos according to your reasoning.
Anybody can buy land and sell land.

You yoruba go about this the wrong way. Lagos is the property of the federal republic of Nigeria today. We are discussing HISTORY. You are telling lies to yourself because you just want to claim the land as belonging to you. That is why you are not interested in history. Instead you try to distort history.
Learn to separate your feelings, your ethnic dogma, your need to claim land, separate all that from history! History should be seen in objective eyes ! It is not about claiming land ! It is not about claiming ethnic superiority !
It is about discovering the day to day lives of our ancestors.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Christistruth00: 10:29am On Dec 01, 2023
Stoplying:

The real owners of Lagos.
You know I can ask Igbo to sell me land in Lagos right ?
I can also ask haussa to sell me land in Lagos.
I can ask libanese to sell me land in Lagos.
I guess Igbo and haussa and Lebanese are the real owners of lagos according to your reasoning.

You yoruba go about this the wrong way. Lagos is the property of the federal republic of Nigeria today. We are discussing HISTORY. You are telling lies to yourself because you just want to claim the land as belonging to you. That is why you are not interested in history. Instead you try to distort history.
Learn to separate your feelings, your ethnic dogma, your need to claim land, separate all that from history! History should be seen in objective eyes ! It is not about claiming land ! It is not about claiming ethnic superiority !
It is about discovering the day to day lives of our ancestors.

Ok Ask any Igbo Man to sell you one Square kilometer of Lagos we are waiting and Watching

As if the all Freehold doesn't belong to the
Awori

The Igbos only lease land in Lagos from the Awori they themselves pay the Awori land rent

Oya Hurry up

If them born anyone well let them refuse to pay land rent to the Awori and see if they will not collect their land back with the full supreme court backing

Oya get them to sell you a Kilometer of what they Don't own
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 10:33am On Dec 01, 2023
Christistruth00:

I asked you to Google it yourself
It also in the UK Archives ask them to send you a Copy of the Original

On top of all that it was Ife that Founded Benin

Ogiso Obagodo who founded Igodomigodo Kingdom was an Ife man who was sent from Ife
1. Your document, you are the one who should search for it and provide it in full in order to make sure it is real. I don't have to put effort for you.
2. Ogisos are fairytales, you confuse fairytale with history.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 10:34am On Dec 01, 2023
Christistruth00:

Ok Ask any Igbo Man to sell you one Square kilometer of Lagos we are waiting and Watching

As if the all Freehold doesn't belong to the
Awori

The Igbos only lease land in Lagos from the Awori they themselves pay the Awori land rent

Oya Hurry up

If them born anyone well let them refuse to pay land rent to the Awori and see if they will not collect their land back with the full supreme court backing

Oya get them to sell you a Kilometer of what they Don't own

You are still a deluded fanatic as I can see.
Over the years, you are not getting smarter.
I'm done.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Border Reopening Will Cripple Nigeria’s Economy, Rep Warns / JTF Arrests Immigration Officer Boko-Haram Member / El-rufai Introduces Electronic Voting To Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.