Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin (16828 Views)

Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota / Hearing Of Court Cases Via Zoom, Skype Approved By Lagos Chief Judge / Opeyemi Oke Retires As Lagos Chief Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by GUNITGuy: 3:10am On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

1. Oba of Lagos rebuffs Oni of Ife:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS4ijYragbw?si=R0UGpleS1Og9FdQ-
That has been clarified that's Lagos culture of greetings....Inu mi ni Inu e....
And has been spoken by Oba Akiolu himself.....
None can rebuff OONI OF IFE....He's the most respected monarch in Yoruba Land followed by Alaafin of Oyo

1 Like

Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 3:11am On Nov 30, 2023
GUNITGuy:

Show me a video of the Oba of Bini and Any Lagos Oba
https://twitter.com/africafactszone/status/1468227240785817603?lang=zh-Hant

Were you born yesterday ?
You guys just keep talking on topics you know nothing about.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 3:12am On Nov 30, 2023
GUNITGuy:

That has been clarified that's Lagos culture of greetings....Inu mi ni Inu e....
And has been spoken by Oba Akiolu himself.....
None can rebuff OONI OF IFE....He's the most respected monarch in Yoruba Land followed by Alaafin of Oyo
You are deluded. Lagos is not part of your imagined "yorubaland".
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by GUNITGuy: 3:15am On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

You are deluded. Lagos is not part of your imagined "yorubaland".
Ok go and add it to your own Land .....

1 Like

Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 3:18am On Nov 30, 2023
Pristine664:

Oba of Benin is a Yoruba man.

Edo people said so.
The Oba of Benin has no relationship with Ife, his father is the previous Oba of Benin, his father's father was the Oba of Benin ...only the first son of the Oba of Benin can become the next Oba of Benin, so one of the few people whose ancestry can be traced for more than 1000 years, that would be the Oba of Benin, and it leads back to Benin empire and Benin city to be more precise.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 3:19am On Nov 30, 2023
GUNITGuy:

Ok go and add it to your own Land .....
It is Nigeria's land as we speak !
The ownership of Lagos went from the Oba of Benin to the British then to the federal republic of Nigeria. I don't know if you are aware, but what you have today is Nigeria !
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by GUNITGuy: 3:20am On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

https://twitter.com/africafactszone/status/1468227240785817603?lang=zh-Hant

Were you born yesterday ?
You guys just keep talking on topics you know nothing about.
Ok you can Ask him to join the Meetings in Edo state whenever theyre doing their Meeting if he's so attached to them and anytime they're Doing a Council of Lagos Obas meeting he might decline since he isn't Yoruba ........
You're funny honestly so funny
Y
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Spandau: 3:21am On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

Written by whom and when, why can't you understand what I told you ?
History is not about telling a story !
It is about studying eyewitness written documents!

You be mumu for saying that. Ignorant mumu!
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Maski87: 3:21am On Nov 30, 2023
I have always suspected the that Benin people found lagos

2 Likes

Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 3:23am On Nov 30, 2023
GUNITGuy:

Ok you can Ask him to join the Meetings in Edo state whenever theyre doing their Meeting if he's so attached to them and anytime they're Doing a Council of Lagos Obas meeting he might decline since he isn't Yoruba ........
You're funny honestly so funny
Y
So he should give up his kingdom because he is not a hypocrit ?
Man, you suffer from cognitive dissonance.
All Lagos true monarchs (not the fake self claimed ones) were under the Oba of Lagos who himself was under the Oba of Benin.
The only person funny here is you, your lack of knowledge of history and of current events is astonishing, it is as if you were born yesterday.
You talk solely based on your feelings, not based on facts nor logic.

1 Like

Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by GUNITGuy: 3:23am On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

It is Nigeria's labs as we speak !
The ownership of Lagos went from the Oba of Benin to the British then to the federal republic of Nigeria. I don't know if you are aware, but what you have today is Nigeria !
Then they lost Lagos to Nigeria or Yorubas....
And they stop speaking Bini Language
No kingdom was lost till today they're still there ... The British never took any Monarchy from anyone they are still there till now
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 3:24am On Nov 30, 2023
Spandau:

You be mumu for saying that. Ignorant mumu!
I guess being educated in some of the best universities in the world makes me a mumu, then mumu I shall be.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Raf4: 3:25am On Nov 30, 2023
DeltaOil:
Brown roof republic is going to end up fighting everybody.
They seem to forget that its us that made Lagos state.

Remove us from Lagos and all you have are thugs,agberos, runs babes,druglords,ritualists, skull miners & r@pists angry
Did anybody invite you or tie you down to Lagos? Xmas is less than a month now, as you go to your village for Xmas celebrations may you forever remain in your father's ancestral land and never come back to Lagos again. So, Lagos has released you now stay in your village and let Lagos face her agberos and skull miners without you.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 3:26am On Nov 30, 2023
GUNITGuy:

Then they lost Lagos to Nigeria or Yorubas....
And they stop speaking Bini Language
No kingdom was lost till today they're still there ... The British never took any Monarchy from anyone they are still there till now
Your case is clinical.
What don't you get in the fact that the ownership of Lagos went from the Oba of Benin to the king of England then to the federal republic of Nigeria?
Where did I say "yoruba" in there ?

Reason with your brain, not your feelings.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by GUNITGuy: 3:28am On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

So he should give up his kingdom because he is not s hypocrit ?
All Lagos true monarchs (not the fake self claimed ones) were under the Oba of Lagos who himself was under the Oba of Benin.
The only person funny here is you, your lack of knowledge of history and if current events is astonishing, it is as if you were born yesterday.
You think with your head does it makes sense to you .....
The Isokos, Urhobo even Afgbor never deny their trace to Benin it's common sense to let you know they're within almost the same geographic proximity....
You ignore Eguns Oyos Oguns Ijebus, Epe Ikorodu only to claim Idumota as your territory....
Ikoyi is not under the Oba of Lagos that place it's called Iru and it had its own king Onikoyi of Ikoyi because some of you just say things you don't know ....
Epe has its own King too,Many places on that Island has their kings different from Oba Akiolu ...
The difference is Oba Akiolus Ancestors have had more contacts with the British just like other major Kings that's the difference...

1 Like

Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 3:30am On Nov 30, 2023
GUNITGuy:

You think with your head does it makes sense to you .....
Look, I'm not paid to be your tutor, I have better things to do, no more time to waste.
We have had our last exchange.
You suffer from cognitive dissonance.
You can't accept proven facts. You create an alternate reality to fit your beliefs even while your beliefs have been proven false before you.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Raf4: 3:30am On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

The Oba of Benin has no relationship with Ife, his father is the previous Oba of Benin, his father's father was the Oba of Benin ...only the first son of the Oba of Benin can become the next Oba of Benin, so one of the few people whose ancestry can be traced for more than 1000 years, that would be the Oba of Benin, and it leads back to Benin empire and Benin city to be precise.

Has Oba of Bini ever told you he wasn't a descendant of Oranmiyan of Ile-Ife? Meddlesome Interloper.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Spandau: 3:31am On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

I guess being educated in some of the best universities in the world makes me a mumu, then mumu I shall be.

Ok.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by GUNITGuy: 3:31am On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

Your case is clinical.
What don't you get in the fact that the ownership of Lagos went from the Oba of Benin to the king of England then to the federal republic of Nigeria?
Where did I say "yoruba" in there ?

Reason with your brain, not your feelings.
What language do they speak in Oba Akiolus Palace and what culture do they do isn't it Yoruba...
We share or borrowed nothing from Bini rather it's the other way round
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by GUNITGuy: 3:33am On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

Look, I'm not paid to be your tutor, I have better things to do, no more time to waste.
We have had our last exchange.
You suffer from cognitive dissonance.
Even Asari has schooled your kind does it makes sense ......
If indeed you own a place no one will debate with you but you're it would be clear better use your brain for once
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 3:33am On Nov 30, 2023
Raf4:

Has Oba of Bini ever told you he wasn't a descendant of Oranmiyan of Ile-Ife? Meddlesome Interloper.
Oranmiyan is a made up person, not a historical person.
Oranmiyan is like Peter Pan or batman or superman or father Christmas or captain America. You know nothing about history and that is why you confuse a fairytale with actual history.
But like most ignorant Nigerians, you believe you know better.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by GUNITGuy: 3:36am On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

So he should give up his kingdom because he is not a hypocrit ?
The only person funny here is you, your lack of knowledge of history and of current events is astonishing, it is as if you were born yesterday.
I no curse you ...why can't you just say things like someone with brain.....
I won't am too blessed above any Curse ....Infact anyone who curses me is cursed already am a descendants of Abraham through Jesus Christ..
So better know what you're saying before you here am
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Raf4: 3:54am On Nov 30, 2023
Oba of Bini should also accept that Ife people founded Bini.
When Ife people (Yoruba) led by Oranmiyan invaded igodomigodo, they subdued the people they met there, changed the name of the settlement from igodomigodo to Ile Ibinu that's now shortened to Bini till today. They also established Obaship dynasty with Oranmiyan as 1st Oba and his descendants, from Eweka till today as Omonoba (the real title of Binis' King I.e. child of Oba Oranmiyan). Also know that Eweka wasn't the only Yoruba/Ife child left behind in Bini. Ife people actually populated the place with many children they gave birth to in Bini, most by Edo/Esan mothers. That's why we still have so many ancient Yoruba surnames in Bini till today e.g. Obasuyi, Alonge, Ajayi, Ojo, Falaye, Oyegun, Ogun...., Ade...Balogun etc.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 4:00am On Nov 30, 2023
Raf4:
Oba of Bini should also accept that Ife people founded Bini.
Lagos being founded by Benin is supported by evidence.
Your claim of Benin being founded by Ife is supported by Yoruba mouths and zero evidence.

Benin is not limited to Benin city, Benin city is only the capital of the Kingdom. And Benin is much older than little Ife !
Map of Africa published in 1747 below:

Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Raf4: 4:00am On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

Oranmiyan is a made up person, not a historical person.
Oranmiyan is like Peter Pan or batman or superman or father Christmas or captain America. You know nothing about history and that is why you confuse a fairytale with actual history.
But like most ignorant Nigerians, you believe you know better.

Even the same Oba of Bini said it with his mouth during his coronation that the 1st Oba of Bini was Oranmiyan from Uhe/Ife. It is you that's neither Yoruba nor Edo that's doing overheating on top of another people's (who are not even your immediate neighbours) history. Medlesome Interloper!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Raf4: 4:04am On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

Your claim of Benin being founded by Ife is supported by Yoruba mouths and zero evidence.

Benin is not limited to Benin city, Benin city is only the capital of the Kingdom. And Benin is much older than little Ife !

Tell us the history of Oba of Bini you know. Also tell us the evidence of Bini founded Lagos that you have
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 4:05am On Nov 30, 2023
Raf4:

Even the same Oba of Bini said it with his mouth during his coronation that the 1st Oba of Bini was Oranmiyan from Uhe/Ife. It is you that's neither Yoruba nor Edo that's doing overheating on top of another people's (who are not even your immediate neighbours) history. Medlesome Interloper!
One of my uncles is an Enogie, an other of my uncles is the governor of Edo-state, not that it has any importance in the discussion. But this is just to show that you talk without knowing what you are talking about.
Also the Oba of Benin said that oduduwa was a Benin prince who landed in Ife and his son oranmiyan came back to take the trone of his grand father.
And again, all that is not relevant to history, it is just a story. Oduduwa, oranmiyan...they never existed.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by XAUBulls: 4:06am On Nov 30, 2023
Pristine664:

Oba of Benin is a Yoruba man.

Edo people said so.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 4:06am On Nov 30, 2023
Raf4:

Tell us the history of Oba of Bini you know. Also tell us the evidence of Bini founded Lagos that you have
Why don't you just read what I have already posted ? Are you too lazy to do that ?
You are asking me to basically repeat what I have already done on this thread because you are too lazy to just look at previous pages.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Raf4: 4:16am On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

Some of the evidences that Ife founded Bini is the name of the City, Yoruba surnames that is everywhere in Bini (Nobody is bearing Bini name in Lagos or anywhere in Yorubaland), Yoruba/Ife deities are being worshipped in Bini e.g Ogun, Osun, Olokun, Sonponna, Obatala etc. They have Orunmila and Ogboni temples in Bini
Another evidence is that they celebrate Odua (not ekeledaran or whatever) and Oranmiyan festivals in Bini - Igue Oodua, Igue Oranmiyan
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Raf4: 4:18am On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

Why don't you just read what I have already posted ? Are you too lazy to do that ?
You are asking me to basically repeat what I have already done on this thread because you are too lazy to just look at previous pages.

What nonsense did you post? You just posted a map and what exactly is the map showing that you want to call evidence?
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by tollyboy5(m): 4:20am On Nov 30, 2023
Christistruth00:

There are still Moba People in Lagos as we Speak lots of them

For the Moba Ijebu History it was over 1000 years ago , long before Oyo or Ilaje even existed but some Moba People still Migrated to Ijebu and Built the 160Km Eredo Wall

Oya
Which Eredo Clan do you belong to?
As for the Oba Of Benin he met the Awori in Lagos
Olofin had already even already finished sharing Lagos among his Son's before Benin Turned up that was why they were managing to stay at Isale Eko on Lagos Island which already belonged to Aromire son of Olofin Ogunfunminire. and till this day his family are still the Land owners of Most of Lagos Island
Stop saying moba came to build a wall within ijebu territory. That's not acceptable! My ancestors came from the motherland ijebu-ode and found their respective town in their present location.
I was seeing some documentation how the first settlers who discovered Poka in Epe came from Ife. Some yoruba historian will just sit in one beer parlour and start assumming things as if the natives of the places they patching history are extint. I see that are lazy historian who dont make proper research by visiting village heads.
Years ago Epe was tought even lasu to be an awori kingdom which is not true. Awori dominance in epe started after the magbon war that decimate the old ijebu kingdom. I dont think any ijebu man will accept this your portion of history without proves.

We ijebus have our pride to keep

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Governor El-Rufai Hosts Seriake Dickson (Photos) / Don’t Appoint Akpabio Minister’ – APC Elders Write Buhari / Osinbajo, Ambode, Obiano And Other Former Students Receive Award From UNILAG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.