Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin (16778 Views)

Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota / Hearing Of Court Cases Via Zoom, Skype Approved By Lagos Chief Judge / Opeyemi Oke Retires As Lagos Chief Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Okpollo: 6:50am On Nov 30, 2023
adioolayi:
Abeg, allow the Oba of Benin rest..

Even palace don know say Oba goofed.. he won't do it again grin grin grin
So truely lagos doesnt entirely belong to yorubas. You people are the real lying land grabbers . Two edge swords
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Procashtips(m): 7:09am On Nov 30, 2023
Benwallt:

You are still living on the map of Nigeria. Lagos has expanded while southeast has shrunk due to the effect of devastating erosion that has created archipelago of gullies in the region.

That you're claiming part of Ogun state (part of Sango, Ojodu and Mowe) as part of Lagos doesn't change the fact that the smallest state in Nigeria can't automatically be bigger than the entire south east.

It makes no sense and you keep repeating it exposes you as someone with no logical reasoning capacity.

Stop insulting our intelligence.

Reading you further is causing such.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by itsene: 7:25am On Nov 30, 2023
adioolayi:
Abeg, allow the Oba of Benin rest..

Even palace don know say Oba goofed.. he won't do it again grin grin grin

Let's know who your traditional ruler is.
Half - baked lecturers talking nonsense.
Allow aworis to tell us how many leaders they have produced in Lagos.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by jrusky(m): 7:53am On Nov 30, 2023
lexy2014:

if you say that "Oduduwa son became first king in Benin" was that "first king in Benin" the one that gave birth to all the Binis that present days Binis now have to trace their ancestry to him?

also, is the Oba of Benin wrong in his claim that the Binis FOUNDED Lagos?

Oba of Bini is wrong for saying Bini founded Lagos there are people in that land before the Bini traders and farmers came to the land. Full stop. Thanks.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by tollyboy5(m): 7:57am On Nov 30, 2023
Christistruth00:

Awori founded the City of Lagos and still own it today
If i may ask what is the importance of oduduwa in the yoruba race?
He never founded anything or did anything special. Just dethrone obatala and spread his seed.
What else makes oduduwa important in the Yoruba race?
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Bigsunny01(m): 8:01am On Nov 30, 2023
KingKO22:
Ordinarily, when you take a look at Lagos, it is surrounded by Yoruba land from Egba, Awori to Ijebu and Sagamu

So the Binin kingdom jumped all the entire Yoruba land from Ore, to Ijebu and Sagamu and found a place in another man's kingdom

The fact that you settle in a place doesn't make you the owner.

This history mainly pointing to the fact that Edo kingdom are from Yoruba land.
The names of their founder Kings are Yoruba names

So u know more than ur ancestors

U guys can continue to wail online it's allowed

But U believe dat de British came all de way from dere kingdom to colonise Nigeria😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Christistruth00: 8:06am On Nov 30, 2023
tollyboy5:

If i may ask what is the importance of oduduwa in the yoruba race?
He never founded anything or did anything special. Just dethrone obatala and spread his seed.
What else makes oduduwa important in the Yoruba race?

So you are saying that even Oba Of Benin's Throne is nothing Special since Oduduwa is his ancestor too

Ok we have heard

Thank you
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Christistruth00: 8:11am On Nov 30, 2023
tollyboy5:

Stop saying moba came to build a wall within ijebu territory. That's not acceptable! My ancestors came from the motherland ijebu-ode and found their respective town in their present location.
I was seeing some documentation how the first settlers who discovered Poka in Epe came from Ife. Some yoruba historian will just sit in one beer parlour and start assumming things as if the natives of the places they patching history are extint. I see that are lazy historian who dont make proper research by visiting village heads.
Years ago Epe was tought even lasu to be an awori kingdom which is not true. Awori dominance in epe started after the magbon war that decimate the old ijebu kingdom. I dont think any ijebu man will accept this your portion of history without proves.

We ijebus have our pride to keep

You are not Ijebu
Ijebus never insult Oduduwa
Majority of their Traditional Rulers are of Oduduwa descent and even those that are not received Ife beaded Crowns of recognition from him for example the Akarigbo of Remo

Some Moba people also migrated to Ijebuland before Oduduwa was born

They Built Eredo and the 160km wall
Part of it is in Lagos State

Ijebus were not called Ijebu until the 16th century
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by VEHINTOLAR: 8:25am On Nov 30, 2023
Raf4:

We have told them severally that the official/royal language in Oba of Bini's Palace is Yoruba (ede Ife) not until recently, during Oba Akenzua/Ereduawa reigns (the 2 immediate past Obas) that they started to re write the history by hiding/erasing all these facts, including the burial of the heads of their departed Obas in Orun Oba Ado shrines in Ile-Ife.

You're so right. Those Binis are actually lizards who unfortunately,see themselves as crocodiles ! What I discovered is that our forefathers were too liberal,they handled some critical issues with levity and that's why today,we are seeing some of these ancient slaves of the past calling themselves slave owners ! We,their offsprings,must never again repeat that mistakes. We must begin to put all these inconsequential people from hell where they truly deserve to be !

1 Like

Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by lexy2014: 8:37am On Nov 30, 2023
christistruth01:

Benin were not the founders of Lagos

Benin only saw a Great Party going on in Lagos and joined in

If the Itsekiri had made the Claim it would have been far more tolerable ,at least those ones have Lagos Ijebu roots and gladly say it

that isnt what I asked.

what exactly did the Oba of Benin say that is wrong?

did he claim anywhere as his own?

1 Like

Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Mayeldah(m): 8:58am On Nov 30, 2023
Racoon:
Oba really touched a nerve. But Fulani confidently claimed Ilorin and chase people to find refuge in Benin Republic, them no talk pim. Instead they were protesting and standing with their killer Palestinian terrorists brothers in Monatan - Iwo Road.

Don't mind dem jare!

They were even given a bad name by the Fulanis and yet they claimed it with joy. Today deceit runs in their DNA, everyone of them.

My Fulani brothers, please can you claim Osun state join to the Kwara you took before, I know they won't cough.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by lexy2014: 9:00am On Nov 30, 2023
christistruth01:

Yes Oba of Benin was wrong in his claim that was why we said Yorubas were in Lagos with even a Moba kingdom there before Oduduwa was born they later assimilated with the Awori people

All Oba's of Benin descended from Oduduwa

Do you know that the first Ogiso Obagodo who founded Igodomigodo was from Ile Ife and founded Igodomigodo with his followers who were at least part of a Pre Oduduwa. population of Igodomigodo

Oya wetin you want talk
The first Ogiso Obagodo was from Ile Ife too

how does all of the above answer this question?

if you say that "Oduduwa son became first king in Benin" was that "first king in Benin" the one that gave birth to all the Binis that present days Binis now have to trace their ancestry to him?
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Neddyogu(m): 9:10am On Nov 30, 2023
Ogene001:

So called educated tribe mixing up rubbish and calling it history. The whole yoruba academia can't come up with unbiased objective history

I just wanted to learn more from him ( that's if what he's saying is correct in the first instance)
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by VEHINTOLAR: 9:26am On Nov 30, 2023
Iykenuwa:

In matters like this, I try to be as respectful as possible.

Kindly go online, do a little research, then come back and refute any point I raised.

Meanwhile:

1. Oduduwa didn't come from the sky.

2. He couldn't have been an Arabian Prince, the earliest date given for the establishment of Old Oyo was 1300 AD, no matter the age of Oduduwa, if he was Arab, he would have brought Islam then because Islam was already established in the Arabian Pennisular as at that time.

3. The most reasonable yoruba Origin story for Oduduwa claims he came from the "East". Get a map and check which was the most prominent Kingdom or society East of Ife as at that time.

We don't do insults, we do facts.

Please,I don't need any respect from any Bini man;keep your respect because I have none for you either ! As for your Oba Ogiso,since he decided to dance naked at the market square,whatever respect we had for him in the past is gone with that stupid act !

* Oduduwa "afewonro" is metaphorical,we did not mean that Oduduwa literally fell from the sky ! Yoruba people couldn't have meant that he practically "came down from the sky" when the people of Ife saw him when he and his entourage walked in ! You see,we,the Yoruba typically laugh at your ignorance whenever you Binis or others alike bring up this "falling from the sky" gibberish! I will only advise you guys to research what is known as "Oriki" or "Ooki" in Yoruba land,that is,the timeless Yoruba Panelgyric ! Oduduwa "afewonro" - he that drops with a chain from the sky is metaphorical in meaning and it's one of the many "Ooki" of Oduduwa. Ancient Yoruba people are quite similar in nature and acts with the ancient Greeks - religions,way of life , mythologies,deep spiritualism,etc. We are not just another Africans;Oduduwa,our progenitor came from among the ancient Black inhabitants and owners of the ancient Egypt. That explains the mystery behind the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs found in some places in Yoruba land.

* Lol,who told you poorly informed Binis or other ignorant people like you lots that the ancient inhabitants of Egypt and some other parts of today's Middle East were Arabs ?! There was nothing like "Arabs" in those era. The people you call "Arabs" today never existed before,they were a much later day creation. They are a results of the union between the native inhabitants of that region and the invading ancient Caucasoid people known as Europeans today. The ancient inhabitants of Egypt and some other parts of the Middle East were Black people who looked very much like today's Ethiopians. They were not Muslims,they practised native region and that was what Oduduwa brought with him to Ile Ife. There was nothing like Islam during that period,Islam is a recent phenomenon. So,it is very laughable that you expected Oduduwa to be a Muslim !

* There is a significant difference between "East" and "Far East", you need to get your fact right ! Oduduwa came from the the "Far East" ,he knew where he came from and NEVER spoke or understood your Bini language or its dialects ! Yoruba don't have a single word of yours (Bini) in our language but you Bini have many of our (Yoruba) words,including Yoruba names,in your language,that should tell you something!

Yoruba people,we don't ordinary insult others or look for violence but when anyone is stupid enough to insult us,then you will feel our venoms and trust me,we have it in full doses !

1 Like

Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by orisa37: 9:35am On Nov 30, 2023
BY THE WAY, WHO APPOINTED AKIOLU AND WHO GAVE HIM THE STAFF OF OFFICE?
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by itsene: 9:45am On Nov 30, 2023
Raf4:
Oba of Bini should also accept that Ife people founded Bini.
When Ife people (Yoruba) led by Oranmiyan invaded igodomigodo, they subdued the people they met there, changed the name of the settlement from igodomigodo to Ile Ibinu that's now shortened to Bini till today. They also established Obaship dynasty with
Oranmiyan as 1st Oba and his descendants, from Eweka till today as Omonoba (the real title of Binis' King I.e. child of Oba Oranmiyan). Also know that Eweka wasn't the only Yoruba/Ife child left behind in Bini. Ife people actually populated the place with many children they gave birth to in Bini, most by Edo/Esan mothers. That's why we still have so many ancient Yoruba surnames in Bini till today e.g. Obasuyi, Alonge, Ajayi, Ojo, Falaye, Oyegun, Ogun...., Ade...Balogun etc.

I'm not sure you believe what you wrote .
When did Oranmiyan invade Benin?
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by VEHINTOLAR: 9:47am On Nov 30, 2023
Krismas:
grin U d greater Mumu! There is nothing to ponder over. What is the The Egyptian words Oduduwa introduced to Yoruba language?

Lol,another ignorant Bini man from that very tiny 2- LGA land in Edo State ! Now,let me burst that your empty head;believe it or not,the language Yoruba people speak today has a lot of similarities with the language spoken by the likes of Biblical Moses ! Before you start acting like some rabbies infested dog because of what I just informed you about,go and research it online,then come back here with your findings ! You guys are just too ingnorant,you think you and Yoruba are same people,right ?! Far from it !
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by BeigJawnson(m): 9:48am On Nov 30, 2023
KingKO22:
Ordinarily, when you take a look at Lagos, it is surrounded by Yoruba land from Egba, Awori to Ijebu and Sagamu

So the Binin kingdom jumped all the entire Yoruba land from Ore, to Ijebu and Sagamu and found a place in another man's kingdom

The fact that you settle in a place doesn't make you the owner.

This history mainly pointing to the fact that Edo kingdom are from Yoruba land.
The names of their founder Kings are Yoruba names

You have really made a huge point here
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by VEHINTOLAR: 9:49am On Nov 30, 2023
Krismas:
grin What Yorubas have is Balogun NEVER Oloriogun. It not for you. U borrowed it. Same thing the word Oba. It’s from the Bini monarch! It’s not a Yoruba word

You, you're just an unsuccessful comedian; a clown ! I will stop responding to your tasteless comedy !
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by BeigJawnson(m): 9:53am On Nov 30, 2023
GODPUNISHALABI:
Lol see as them dey fight for lagos if say na emir of kano talk say na dem get lagos u go see as all of them go keep quiet....I no see this same energy when dem ban their useless festival for ilorin, them know who dem dey fear

What you don't know about Ilorin is that indigenes of ilorin that are core yorubas are mostly Muslims and can't accept traditional region practices in there... Don't just talk... Learn to know something very well before you talk about it... Muslims in ogun or other places can't stop traditional religion.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by BeigJawnson(m): 9:56am On Nov 30, 2023
TinubuThief:
No be them even get the nonsense slum Lagos wey them they carry do mouth sef.
Lazy tribe

Yorubas ain't lazy... To be lazy is not a tribal thing
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by BeigJawnson(m): 9:57am On Nov 30, 2023
MadamVanessa:
shocked

If only these cowards defended their people like this when Fulani herdsmen killed them and still chased them away from their land ,I don't think there will be any need for idp camps In Benin republic for this coward refugees.

Don't forget as we talk now llorin has been captured by the Fulanis, isese festival stopped by this same Fulanis, yet they say nothing about it. grin

They suddenly have their voice now, because it's oba of Benin, but let Fulani come now, all of them will run and hide nobody will mutter a word. Cowards.

The Yoruba Muslims in Ilorin stopped isese.... Don't rant on what you dont know....
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by BeigJawnson(m): 9:59am On Nov 30, 2023
PoliteActivist:
I'm surprised other tribes are not putting in a claim too. I mean, why not? As it seems all these people are simply making up their own histories as suits their particular purpose!
Even our main man below, saying he is not what we all know he is!
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Krismas(m): 10:30am On Nov 30, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Lol,another ignorant Bini man from that very tiny 2- LGA land in Edo State ! Now,let me burst that your empty head;believe it or not,the language Yoruba people speak today has a lot of similarities with the language spoken by the likes of Biblical Moses ! Before you start acting like some rabbies infested dog because of what I just informed you about,go and research it online,then come back here with your findings ! You guys are just too ingnorant,you think you and Yoruba are same people,right ?! Far from it !

grin Hieroglyphics is not a language. It’s pictorial depictions like emoji or emoticon. Egyptians didn’t speak hieroglyphics, Wot they spoke is no longer known! However it could be sumarian or acadian or any of the Aramaic derivatives pandemic in the area around that period. And I don’t think any of dem resemble Yoruba. Hint. Beware of fake research
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 10:37am On Nov 30, 2023
Ok, enough.
Yoruba don't know their history and rely on fairytales.
In reality most Yoruba descend from slaves who were brought to our shores by Europeans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llporKrPsbU?si=aj1iSlXQRhBNEhLZ

Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 10:39am On Nov 30, 2023
Yoruba need to learn their true history rather than always going around talking fairytales when discussing history and rewriting other people's history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0f53aYJElw?si=muAyIPiRkLAvVCtd

https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595582x.r=Royaume

Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 11:02am On Nov 30, 2023
No such thing as oduduwa or oranmiyan, all those fairytales are meant to hide the true history of the yorubas: they descend from slaves whom the Europeans brought to our shores.

True history of the yorubas, part 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2hU-ibkPfg?si=FsDNXaotUanBsoSx

Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by itsene: 11:08am On Nov 30, 2023
Mosba:
Just assuming you are a biologist studying Yorubas and Benis as species, The only conclusion you will reach is that the dominant specie(Yoruba) spread to and gave birth to Benin and not the other way around.
However, for the sake of our other brothers from the east let's call Lagos A NO MAN'S LAND

Use your biology to compass tiny England and populous India, a former colony.
Ditto Japan and China.

1 Like

Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 11:12am On Nov 30, 2023
itsene:

Use your biology to compass tiny England and populous India, a former colony.
Ditto Japan and China.
They don't think with their brains.
They don't know what they are talking about, you present proof, they ignore it and go into reciting unsubstantiated fairytales or reasoning like 5 year old children.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by VEHINTOLAR: 11:30am On Nov 30, 2023
Krismas:
grin Hieroglyphics is not a language. It’s pictorial depictions like emoji or emoticon. Egyptians didn’t speak hieroglyphics, Wot they spoke is no longer known! However it could be sumarian or acadian or any of the Aramaic derivatives pandemic in the area around that period. And I don’t think any of dem resemble Yoruba. Hint. Beware of fake research

Shut up,I never said the Egyptian did 'speak hieroglyphs' ! What I said was that Oduduwa understood and could interpret what these
hieroglyphs stood for ! Oduduwa is not a Bini man;he did not understand your Bini language and there is no evidence whatsoever that he spoke any Edoid language either ! He couldn't have been a Bini man and there would not be evidence of it in Yoruba language !

Oduduwa and his entourage from the foreign land greatly influenced the people he met in Ile Ife in every sphere of their lives. He brought alien religion and culture which were hitherto unknown to the people of Ife then. He taught them new skills and way of life,none of which is indigenous to Binis. All these things form an integral part of what is known today as Yoruba culture and heritage. Oduduwa did not come to Ile Ife alone;he came with a large entourage and not a single one of them was a Bini man because he wasn't one himself ! The people you see and know as Yoruba people today are actually a mixture of the native inhabitants of Ile Ife and Oduduwa people. They intermarried;Oduduwa himself married from among the native inhabitants of Ife. So, which "resemble" you dey talk about,Bini man ?!

Yoruba language has lots of similarities with the ancient language spoken around the ancient Middle East region, it's a fact ! Your Bini culture did not influence Yoruba culture in anyway,be it language,art,religion or anything ! As a matter of fact,it is well established that Yoruba culture and heritage is quite visible in Benin ! Binis practised Yoruba traditional religions - you worship Ogun,Sango, OBAtala, Yemoja-Olokun,etc ! These are all indigenous Yoruba gods and goddesses;Oba of Benin worship them all in his palace !

Take it or leave it,the man you know as the Oba of Benin today has Yoruba root ! That is what you Binis desperately want to eraze and a major reason for your loads of fabricated stories which are not just adding up ! You guys need to rest,you'll never be able to twist our history to suit your laughable agenda !
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by ablejesus26(m): 11:51am On Nov 30, 2023
Racoon:
Oba really touched a nerve. But Fulani confidently claimed Ilorin and chase people to find refuge in Benin Republic, them no talk pim. Instead they were protesting and standing with their killer Palestinian terrorists brothers in Monatan - Iwo Road.

Stop doing this senseless tribal hate banters, it makes people sound somewhat stupid.

Don't use the fact that others are doing it as an excuse to engage in such nonsense.
Re: Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 11:54am On Nov 30, 2023
ablejesus26:

Stop doing this senseless tribal hate banters, it makes people sound somewhat stupid.

Don't use the fact that others are doing it as an excuse to engage in such nonsense.
All the hate is coming from your disrespectful yoruba siblings who know nothing about history.
So stop being a fat hypocrite by calling people hateful for not joining in your people's hate campaign. Defending the truth is now what you want to call hate ? While ignoring all the threats to life and insults coming from your brothers ?
You guys live in an alternate reality. You created fake history, and now you create fake present reality.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Presidency To Probe Nigerians Named In Panama Papers / Buhari Appoints Keyamo, Six Others As NDIC Board Members / Oby Ezekwesili Protest In Abuja Over Killing Of Hauwa & Saifura By Boko Haram(p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.