Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,017 members, 7,821,555 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition (19507 Views)

"The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" / Man Electrocuted During Demolition Of Pen Cinema Lagos (Graphic Pics) / Demolition Of Shops At Agege By Lagos State Government Begins (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by Elibaba1: 1:25pm On Nov 30, 2023
Omoawoke:
Court should go to hell

Funny enough, the way igbos make noise, beat chest like gorillas, one will think they own the entire buildings in Lagos

I repeat, quote me anywhere, the entire properties whey igbos get for Lagos no reach 5%.

You lie!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by Jnana19(m): 1:26pm On Nov 30, 2023
Yeah it does
lexylaw40:
My question is ..Does a state high cort have
jurisdiction over a federal government institutions ??
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by Bfly: 1:26pm On Nov 30, 2023
Why court stops authorities.
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by princeemma69: 1:26pm On Nov 30, 2023
carterguccy:
1 Billion igbos can't stop the demolition!
but the lawsuit was bought by hausa and Yorubas, who mentioning the Igbos

7 Likes

Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by Blitzking: 1:26pm On Nov 30, 2023
Power/ money at play here
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by SmartyPants(m): 1:27pm On Nov 30, 2023
lexylaw40:

What kind of question is that?? Of course they do...it depends on the subject matter.
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by zoedew: 1:28pm On Nov 30, 2023
lexylaw40:
Sure! When the matter has to do with land. You want to try the FHC?

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by Lovemeharder(f): 1:28pm On Nov 30, 2023
So court has the final say?
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by ola6: 1:29pm On Nov 30, 2023
And for the "I'm Yoruba but..." people. Have you I.diots asked yourselves why these set of people did not protest when Soludo demolished buildings in Anambra in a bid to create a more orderly state but are protesting in your own state/region? Omo ales

7 Likes

Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by Tito24: 1:29pm On Nov 30, 2023
Ooni:
Good. Lagos belongs to all.
no o

Potopotoand land belongs to you

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by Lemos14: 1:29pm On Nov 30, 2023
kangaroo court. youve been left behind. people dont take you serious anymore

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by AdaAwka1: 1:30pm On Nov 30, 2023
carterguccy:

Any house without approval is going down, no matter who the owner is. When it rains heavily and some part of Lagos state get flooded, igbos be mocking Lagos unknowningly they are the majority cause of the flood!

Truly never throw a stone if you live in a glass house 💯!

We will keep bursting your eye till y'all learn!

Them go feel it!

the day you stop being tribalistic is the day you start making money like an igbo man.

4 Likes

Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by FreeStuffsNG: 1:31pm On Nov 30, 2023
lexylaw40:

https://saharareporters.com/2023/11/30/court-stops-lagos-state-government-federal-housing-authority-further-demolition-houses
This just worsened the case.

My appeal to everyone who is offered a property to buy in that area is to flee! If you go and buy such properties marked for demolition, sope otilo to your money.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by Beremx(f): 1:33pm On Nov 30, 2023
havenz:
My question is where was the urban development board and other agencies whose primary duties is to take care of buildings and road constructions when all these houses were about to be built.
this is the same question I have been asking and some Yoruba fools were attacking me. Why would you demolish houses already being built if it's not sheer wickedness?
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by Paraman: 1:33pm On Nov 30, 2023
If you don't have valid documents, government won't give you #1

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by SmartyPants(m): 1:37pm On Nov 30, 2023
I know most people don't understand what this piece of news is really about.

What has happened here is that there is a pending Court case involving a specific area in Festac. The case has been going on for some time before now. Now, the Court has just ruled that no more demolitions should take place in this particular area until the final determination of the suit which could go against either party.

Key points:

1. The area affected is not all of Lagos. It is just one part of Festac.

2. This is not a final judgment. It only applies until the final determination or judgment of the Court in the pending case.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by Edusouls(m): 1:37pm On Nov 30, 2023
Omoawoke:
Court should go to hell

Funny enough, the way igbos make noise, beat chest like gorillas, one will think they own the entire buildings in Lagos

I repeat, quote me anywhere, the entire properties whey igbos get for Lagos no reach 5%.

shut up, Igbos are una problems now abby? No problem continue with una wickedness, surely una go pay one way or the other
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by Papayaayasager(m): 1:38pm On Nov 30, 2023
carterguccy:

Any house without approval is going down, no matter who the owner is. When it rains heavily and some part of Lagos state get flooded, igbos be mocking Lagos unknowningly they are the majority cause of the flood!

Them go feel it!

You sound like Igbo's own the whole houses in Lagos
So it's true Igbo's really own all the houses in Lagos, Weke.

4 Likes

Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by Mitsurugi(m): 1:38pm On Nov 30, 2023
carterguccy:

Them go feel it!

Oh shut up! Please just shut up!
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by Mitsurugi(m): 1:38pm On Nov 30, 2023
Papayaayasager:

You sound like Igbo's own the whole houses in Lagos
So it's true Igbo's really own all the houses in Lagos, Weke.

I wonder o. He sounds like an escapee from mental asylum
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by oluwaseyi0: 1:39pm On Nov 30, 2023
lexylaw40:

Yes , federal government doesn't have land

Lagos State court can't control federal government in akwa ibom or taraba but surely Lagos court can control FG in Lagos
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by TheGiftedOne(m): 1:40pm On Nov 30, 2023
While freeing the waterways by demolishing the houses blocking it is a welcome development, I have one very simple question to ask - Who approved the buildings before they were ever built?

The government oversees everything in the land. If all lands belongs to the government, who gave the approval for those buildings? Were the relevant agencies asleep when the construction was taking place?

You show strong hatred for a fellow Nigerian and pray to travel abroad and proper? Never !!! you'll suffer 10times the seed of hatred you're sowing, it's a natural law.

Any act of wickedness or hatred you show to your fellowman or conceive in your heart to an IGBO or YORUBA alike, WILL RETURN TO YOU 10000 FOLDS. You will never prosper in life for hating a fellow human - Nigerian or not, AMEN! !! !!!

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by hardbody: 1:40pm On Nov 30, 2023
ola6:
This judge wan chop serious beating cheesy

To be serious, only God can stop the demolition. If the residents like, let them bribe the spirits, those houses on drainages, canals and unapproved buildings are going down!!!

Lagos is NOT a No man's land. It has laws and customs that MUST be followed.

Anyone that prefers choas and lawlessness can go to back to the south east, no lele

And for the "I'm Yoruba but..." people. Have you I.diots asked yourselves why these set of people did not protest when Soludo demolished buildings in Anambra in a bid to create a more orderly state but are protesting in your own state/region? Omo ales

Y'all must think it is only Igbos that have houses at FESTAC Town. What a myopic set of people we have all around

4 Likes

Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by Mitsurugi(m): 1:41pm On Nov 30, 2023
ola6:

Don't be a numbskull. Have you stepped outside Lagos to Anambra to find out or you're dependent on news from Nairaland? Who on this earth will not protest the demolishing of his building? Tribal lord condemning his own people with more sense than him

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by Bobloco: 1:41pm On Nov 30, 2023
carterguccy:

Them go feel it!

It seems your eye have been bursted before
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by obi58: 1:42pm On Nov 30, 2023
lexylaw40:

You are free to approach the court and ask the judge on our behalf.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by Papayaayasager(m): 1:42pm On Nov 30, 2023
Mitsurugi:

I wonder o. He sounds like an escapee from mental asylum

You mean he's a Yaba left escapee abi?

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by Edusouls(m): 1:43pm On Nov 30, 2023
Chai Igbos are very greedy, loud , nasty, quarrelsome and insaltive yes I agree, but u see Yorubas fear them they are naturally unpredictable, dangerous and wicked, imagine demolition of 600 houses, lifetime sweats of people in the name of approval, were is the institutions responsible for planning when people were building the houses? And after this demolition flood would disappear instantly from Lagos entirely?

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by Mitsurugi(m): 1:43pm On Nov 30, 2023
Papayaayasager:

You mean he's a Yaba left escapee abi?

Bifor? carterguccy abi Scatterpussy
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by Zeebuy: 1:43pm On Nov 30, 2023
carterguccy:

Them go feel it!

Lolzzzzz.....see this one 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
You sef know say even in your 50th life you won't be able to afford to build a bungalow, that's the reason you're happy to see the ones built by others demolished.
Poor clown

3 Likes

Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by Mitsurugi(m): 1:46pm On Nov 30, 2023
Zeebuy:

Lolzzzzz.....see this one 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
You sef know say even in your 50th life you won't be able to afford to build a bungalow, that's the reason you're happy to see the ones built by others demolished.
Poor clown

carterguccy, awon early momo origin or trophy guzzlers in the face-me-I-slap-you shared amongst him and his 50 siblings by his papa married to 6 wives.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Bedroom Duplex At Agege Lagos State,design & Constructed By Archaran / Cost Of Building A 4-bedroom Flat Bungalow (pics) / Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.