Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,608 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition (19486 Views)

"The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" / Man Electrocuted During Demolition Of Pen Cinema Lagos (Graphic Pics) / Demolition Of Shops At Agege By Lagos State Government Begins (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by NovusHomo(m): 3:44pm On Nov 30, 2023
obi58:

You are free to approach the court and ask the judge on our behalf.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by PHAYOL81: 4:04pm On Nov 30, 2023
To those who believed the exercise is targetted at a certain ethnic group, I guess you can see the names of these complainants

'nough said.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by Boldideas: 4:27pm On Nov 30, 2023
Helpfromabove1:
Will the court also stop the effect of flooding

Tactical question.
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by bongo4real(m): 4:43pm On Nov 30, 2023
[quote author=Omoawoke post=127243349]Court should go to hell

Funny enough, the way igbos make noise, beat chest like gorillas, one will think they own the entire buildings in Lagos

I repeat, quote me anywhere, the entire properties whey igbos get for Lagos no reach 5%.

Only Romax more than 2000 houses in Lagos island. You just don't know what you are saying.
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by Toktee(m): 4:46pm On Nov 30, 2023
lexylaw40:
My question is ..Does a state high cort have
jurisdiction over a federal government institutions ??
Does court own a court?

Is there anything like state high court?
Except you mean "high cort" as stated above.
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by haslaw(m): 4:54pm On Nov 30, 2023
Lagos state need a proactive and visionary man like El-Rufai as governor.

Sanwo-Olu is too slow. He should take a cue from El-Rufai
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by haslaw(m): 4:58pm On Nov 30, 2023
ola6:
And for the "I'm Yoruba but..." people. Have you I.diots asked yourselves why these set of people did not protest when Soludo demolished buildings in Anambra in a bid to create a more orderly state but are protesting in your own state/region? Omo ales

The "I am Yoruba but...." people must be the worst people on the earth.

I have always wondered those set of people. They claim to be Yorubas and actively seek the destruction of their own people and heritage.
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by haslaw(m): 5:02pm On Nov 30, 2023
Pimine:
I thought my lovely yoruba friends were celebrating thinking only Igbos were affected? Little did they know that the pepper enter everybody eyes regardless of tribe.

Tribalism is a disease.

Goan sit down for corner. It goes to show 2 things.

1. The claim that Igbos have bought all the lands in Lagos is a lie
2. Tribalism has nothing to do with the demolitions.

Igbos online also claimed to have bought all the houses in the north, but when El-Rufai demolished ilegal structures, no single Igbo house was affected.
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by haslaw(m): 5:07pm On Nov 30, 2023
Paraman:
If you don't have valid documents, government won't give you #1

I laugh when owners of ilegal structures were asking for compensation. Sanwo-Olu is too weak. Lagos need a man with balls like El-Rufai as governor.

In Kaduna, government charged the owners of ilegal structures for cost of demolition because El-Rufai as governor claimed that state government resourses was used to demolished the ilegal structures and any owner of ilegal structure that refused to pay was sued by the state government.
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by ufotunang: 5:20pm On Nov 30, 2023
Why did the Lagos State governor not do all this demolishing during his 1st tenure...now he has secured his 2nd tenure and is now maltreating lagosians by demolishing their houses and sealing up church, mosque, bussinesses...why did he not do all of this during his 1 St tenure
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by tollyboy5(m): 6:40pm On Nov 30, 2023
carterguccy:
1 Billion igbos can't stop the demolition!

Any house without approval is going down, no matter who the owner is. When it rains heavily and some part of Lagos state get flooded, igbos be mocking Lagos unknowningly they are the majority cause of the flood!

Truly never throw a stone if you live in a glass house 💯!

We will keep bursting your eye till y'all learn!

Them go feel it!

The names of the people who sue the government are yoruba. But you're calling out igbos
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by tollyboy5(m): 6:44pm On Nov 30, 2023
ola6:
This judge wan chop serious beating cheesy

To be serious, only God can stop the demolition. If the residents like, let them bribe the spirits, those houses on drainages, canals and unapproved buildings are going down!!!

Lagos is NOT a No man's land. It has laws and customs that MUST be followed.

Anyone that prefers choas and lawlessness can go to back to the south east, no lele

And for the "I'm Yoruba but..." people. Have you I.diots asked yourselves why these set of people did not protest when Soludo demolished buildings in Anambra in a bid to create a more orderly state but are protesting in your own state/region? Omo ales
Hope you have eye to read. The complainant are yorubas.
And for someone like beremx who thinks any big house is lagos is owned by igbos
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by nduchucks: 6:48pm On Nov 30, 2023
Winner444:
Every Nigerian ought to own a portion of the Federal Capital Territory. Abuja is our common heritage as Nigerian citizens.

Oga, which heritage. Abuja belongs to Gwari people. nansense!

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by Pimine: 6:49pm On Nov 30, 2023
haslaw:

Goan sit down for corner. It goes to show 2 things.

1. The claim that Igbos have bought all the lands in Lagos is a lie
2. Tribalism has nothing to do with the demolitions.

Igbos online also claimed to have bought all the houses in the north, but when El-Rufai demolished ilegal structures, no single Igbo house was affected.
And who made that claim?
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by Lumarstone: 6:54pm On Nov 30, 2023
Black market injunction!!!
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by Bimpe29: 7:23pm On Nov 30, 2023
Let the poor breath and regulated society stunts
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by poseidon12: 8:31pm On Nov 30, 2023
lexylaw40:
My question is ..Does a state high cort have
jurisdiction over a federal government institutions ??

Yes, of course.
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by poseidon12: 8:32pm On Nov 30, 2023
carterguccy:
1 Billion igbos can't stop the demolition!

Any house without approval is going down, no matter who the owner is. When it rains heavily and some part of Lagos state get flooded, igbos be mocking Lagos unknowningly they are the majority cause of the flood!

Truly never throw a stone if you live in a glass house 💯!

We will keep bursting your eye till y'all learn!

Them go feel it!

So says a stupid man.
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by rockyh(m): 8:46pm On Nov 30, 2023
Omoawoke:
Court should go to hell

Funny enough, the way igbos make noise, beat chest like gorillas, one will think they own the entire buildings in Lagos

I repeat, quote me anywhere, the entire properties whey igbos get for Lagos no reach 5%.

when you wake up from your dreams tell us
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by MEGAWATCH: 9:08pm On Nov 30, 2023
ExpertEDITOR:

They don't.

Two block heads.
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by ademolu719: 9:51pm On Nov 30, 2023
They don't.They don't....
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by TheRealestGuy(m): 1:10am On Dec 01, 2023
ola6:
This judge wan chop serious beating cheesy

To be serious, only God can stop the demolition. If the residents like, let them bribe the spirits, those houses on drainages, canals and unapproved buildings are going down!!!

Lagos is NOT a No man's land. It has laws and customs that MUST be followed.

Anyone that prefers choas and lawlessness can go to back to the south east, no lele

Was it an Igbo person that was posted up there that took the matter to court?

Is it Igbo people that live in Oworoshoki?

Your obsession with Igbos will drive you mental soon grin
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by bodileon(m): 9:04am On Dec 01, 2023
Lagos State is a joke, roads in FESTAC town are bad to an extent that one can use a canoe on it, government is there busy demolishing people's properties. Sorry sorry oh!
Re: Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition by lexylaw40: 4:41pm On Dec 01, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others / Houses To Be Demolished In Ajah, Eti-osa For The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge / Is This Practical In Nigeria....comments Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.