Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin (16969 Views)

Lagos Ownership: Don't Beat The Drums Of War, Lagos Belongs To The Aworis / Igbo Were The First Settlers In Ile-ife: Obi Of Onitsha / "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by forgiveness: 10:22pm On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

Of course, you claim a map published in 1747 to be fake because it doesn't show things which exist today (2023). Then you go and claim oduduwa fairytales and igodomigodo and ogiso fairytales are real.
So as I thought, you see proof and you say it is fake, you see fairytales abd say it is real.

Your lack of proper education is a crime against humanity. You are the opposite of what an intelligent person is.

So, you didn't have a runaway prince again? He was also a fairly tale? cheesy

What is proof?

Is Eweka also fairly tale? Who was his father? grin
Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 10:22pm On Nov 30, 2023
forgiveness:

You map is fake.

See another map showing Ijebu Kingdom and Awori spelt Aweri in the same 1745. Thief. cheesy

Now, this map will clear your brain from your unsubstantiated ignorance.
Before talking, post a link to the website hosting the map. I can't talk while I'm not sure if the map is not just a drawing by you.
Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by forgiveness: 10:26pm On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

Before talking, post a link to the website hosting the map. I can't talk while I'm not sure that the map is not just a drawing by you.

Don't be lazy. It all over the net. Your map is fake. Drawn by Benin.

Awori was already on the land long before our Yoruba king from Ilu Ibinu (Benin) came around.
Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 10:26pm On Nov 30, 2023
forgiveness:

So, you didn't have a runaway prince again? He was also a fairly tale? cheesy

What is proof?

Is Eweka also fairly tale? Who was his father? grin
You think you are making a point ?
I'm a scientist, I don't discuss fairytales.
You are asking me questions while the answer is what you are quoting to ask your question. What sense does this make ? Am I supposed to just repeat the comment which you have clearly quoted ?
Dude, post the link to the website hosting your map so that I can comment on it. I don't like to talk in a void.
Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 10:28pm On Nov 30, 2023
forgiveness:

Don't be lazy. It all over the net. Your map is fake. Drawn by Benin.

Awori was already on the land long before our Yoruba king from Ilu Ibinu (Benin) came around.
Why has it become a problem to just post the link of the website hosting your map ?
You do want to prove me wrong, right ?
So why hide your "proof" ?
Before I comment on your map, I need to make sure it is authentic. I reserve my comment untill then.
Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by forgiveness: 10:34pm On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

You think you are making a point ?
I'm a scientist, I don't discuss fairytales.
You are asking me questions while the answer is what you are quoting to ask your question. What sense does this make ? Am I supposed to just repeat the comment which you have clearly quoted ?
Dude, post the link to the website hosting your map so that I can comment on it. I don't like to talk in a void.

Your Oba said Eweka was your first Oba? Who was his father?

Or are your insinuating your Oba lied?
Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 10:37pm On Nov 30, 2023
forgiveness:

Your Oba said Eweka was your first Oba? Who was his father?

Or are your insinuating your Oba lied?
Dude, I discuss history here. Not Royal speech.
Stop asking me about Royal speech.
History: the study of eye-witnesses written documents. I don't do feelings nor Royal speech. You are confusing me with other people. I'm a cold hearted scientist to the core.

Where is the link to the website hosting your map ?

Don't you dare disrespect the Oba again ! Now let's get back to discussing history, ok ?
Again, where is the link to the website hosting your map ?

1 Like

Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by forgiveness: 10:42pm On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

Dude, I discuss history here. Not royal speech.
Stop asking me about Royal speech.
History: the study of eye-witnesses written documents. I don't do feelings nor Royal speech. You are confusing me with other people. I'm a cold hearted scientist to the core.

Where is the link to the website hosting your map ?

Don't you dare disrespect the Oba again ! Now let's get back to discussing history, ok ?
Again, where is the link to the website hosting your map ?

That's right, you are bolding saying your Oba lied. There was no Eweka. He fell from the sky. Ogiso means fall from the sky. Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkl grin
Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by forgiveness: 10:43pm On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

Why has it become a problem to just post the link of the website hosting your map ?
You do want to prove me wrong, right ?
So why hide your "proof" ?
Before I comment on your map, I need to make sure it is authentic. I reserve my comment untill then.

This is map showing west Africa in 14th century. Your Benin was not in existence, right? grin

See people already inhabiting the coast. Where is Benin the so called founder? grin

https://www.vintage-maps.com/en/antique-maps/africa/bowen-western-africa-1747::1256

Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 10:44pm On Nov 30, 2023
forgiveness:

That's right, you are bolding saying your Oba lied. There was no Eweka. He fell from the sky. Ogiso means fall from the sky. Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkl grin
You are getting on my nerves and putting words on my mouth. Once again, I'm here to discuss history which is defined by: the study of eye-witnesses written documents.
I'm not here to discuss anything else. I don't discuss Royal speech, I study eyewitness written documents.
And for the last time, where is the link to the website hosting your map ?

1 Like

Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by forgiveness: 10:47pm On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

You are getting on my nerves and putting words on my mouth. Once again, I'm here to discuss history which is defined by: the study of eye-witnesses written documents.
I'm not here to discuss anything else. I don't discuss Royal speech, I study eyewitness written documents.
And for the last time, where is the link to the website hosting your map ?

Are you saying your Oba forefathers that passed down the oral history to your Oba were not eyewitness? Were they also fairly tales? grin
Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 10:48pm On Nov 30, 2023
forgiveness:

This is map showing west Africa in 14th century. Your Benin was not in existence, right? grin

See people already inhabiting the coast. Where is Benin the so called founder? grin

https://www.vintage-maps.com/en/antique-maps/africa/bowen-western-africa-1747::1256
Now tell me how your map from the same author Emanuel Bowen, proves the map which I posted to be false ?

1 Like

Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 10:48pm On Nov 30, 2023
forgiveness:

You map is fake.

See another map showing Ijebu Kingdom and Awori spelt Aweri in the same 1745. Thief. cheesy

You fool !
Aweri is Warri !
What a fool you are !
Such a fool !!!
I knew you were an idiot, but not to this point !
I knew you weren't making any sense but before talking I needed the link to make sure I wasn't talking in a void.
You have basically proven that you have been saying complete nonesense from the begining!
How a troll who knows nothing and confuses fairytales for history still manages to think he knows better ? 🤡

1 Like

Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 10:54pm On Nov 30, 2023
forgiveness:

Are you saying your Oba forefathers that passed down the oral history to your Oba were not eyewitness? Were they also fairly tales? grin
We could discuss your theory of "oral tradition" if you could provide me eyewitness written documents to back it up.
Notice how dumb your "oral tradition" hypothesis is.
Let us say we start oral tradition today. What do you pass down ? Do you memorise everything which happens in your life and pass it down to your son who adds to it all that happens in his life and passes it down to his son, and so on... In 1000 years what type of story do you have: I story which would take 10000 years to tell.
How dumb are you ?
History is the study of eye-witnesses written documents! Don't disturb me with oral tradition. And for the last time, stop mentioning the Oba of Benin ! Be warned.

1 Like

Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by forgiveness: 10:55pm On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

We could discuss your theory of "oral tradition" if you could provide me eyewitness written documents to back it up.
Notice how dumb your "oral tradition" hypothesis is.
Let us say we start oral tradition today. What do you pass down ? Do you memorise everything which happens in your life and pass it down to your son who adds to it all that happens in his life and passes it down to his son, and so on... In 1000 years what type of story do you have: I story which would take 10000 years to tell.
How dumb are you ?

Are you saying you Oba is dumb by given oral history in the first place? shocked
Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 10:56pm On Nov 30, 2023
forgiveness:

Are you saying you Oba is dumb by given oral history in the first place? shocked
No I'm saying your Oni is an idiot and a bastard.
Look, you are a fool who thought aweri was awori, while it is actually Warri !
You know nothing but to troll.
I'm here discussing history, while you are just trolling.

1 Like

Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by forgiveness: 10:58pm On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

You fool !
Aweri is Warri !
What a fool you are !
Such a fool !!!
I knew you were an idiot, but not to this point !
I knew you weren't making any sense but before talking I needed the link to make sure I wasn't talking in a void.
You have basically proven yourself that you have been saying complete nonesense from the begining!

Very correct. Aweri is Warr. The kingdom of Itsekiri. Another tribe of Yorubas.

Now, where was your Benin on that eko? grin

No Benin. Why?

Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 11:00pm On Nov 30, 2023
forgiveness:

Very correct. Aweri is Warr. The kingdom of Itsekiri. Another tribe of Yorubas.

Now, where was your Benin on that eko? grin

No Benin. Why?
I'm ignoring you from now on, you keep proving you know nothing and you are wasting my time.
Go to hell.

1 Like

Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by forgiveness: 11:04pm On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

No I'm saying your Oni is an idiot and a bastard.
Look, you are a fool who thought aweri was awori, while it is actually Warri !
You know nothing but to troll.
I'm here discussing history, while you are just trolling.

Your Oba said his forefather Eweka was the first Oba of Benin but you said you don't believe in fairly tale made from oral history and those who believe in oral history are dumb. Indirectly, you're saying Oba a to pe ye is dumb. Ain't you?

Wetin concern Oni? Do you think Oni is my king? grin
Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by forgiveness: 11:06pm On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

I'm ignoring you from now on, you keep proving you know nothing and you are wasting my time.
Go to hell.

See very well. Where is Benin on that tiny island called Lagos? The closest was Ijebus and the people were not Benin. Stop your fairy tales here. grin

Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by Stoplying: 11:06pm On Nov 30, 2023
As I said, the Oni of Ife is a big fat bastard, fake king, actually he was a village priest in a small village called Ife which the British started urbanising as from 1912.
The fool above knows nothing about history, he's just here to troll.

1 Like

Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by forgiveness: 11:09pm On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

Now tell me how your map from the same author Emanuel Bowen, proves the map which I posted to be false ?

It is fake. Short and simple. No story. cool
Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by forgiveness: 11:10pm On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:
As I said, the Oni of Ife is a big fat bastard, fake king, actually he was a village priest in a small village called Ife which the British started urbanising as from 1912.

Oyo empire alone was bigger than your Ilu- Ibinu wey dem call you. grin
Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by forgiveness: 11:12pm On Nov 30, 2023
Stoplying:

I know history more than your Oba because I am a descendant of Kings. grin
Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by Versal: 4:39am On Dec 01, 2023
EleventhWeirdo:

Lol, are you Bini? Only 1p0b bandits reason this way. Yoruba are the owners and are in both dejure and defacto control of Lagos.
Then, Bini own Yoruba which owned Lagos. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by Procashtips(m): 6:43am On Dec 01, 2023
forgiveness:

Oduduwa was real. Nothing like fairy tales.

He became a diety after his death due to their believe.

Nothing like prince in Edo land. You only had Ogiso and you were called Igodomigodo not Benin which is corruption of Ule Ibinu in Yoruba. grin

So your Oduduwa fell from the sky? grin grin angry

Even the first human was created, why should yours fall from the sky without dying, yet died later like all mortals?

Think!

The Benins had different names at different times, we named ourselves all the names we answered. Tell me who named you Yoruba and what was your name before someone else named you yoruba?
Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by Procashtips(m): 6:55am On Dec 01, 2023
forgiveness:

You map is fake.

So you mean Awori was side by side with Kingdom of Calabar and not Warri?

You dey think so?

You can see how vast the Kingdom of Benin was on that map.
Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by forgiveness: 6:58am On Dec 01, 2023
Procashtips:

So your Oduduwa fell from the sky? grin grin angry

Even the first human was created, why should yours fall from the sky without dying, yet died later like all mortals?

Think!

The Benins had different names at different times, we named ourselves all the names we answered. Tell me who named you Yoruba and what was your name before someone else named you yoruba?

No, Ogiso fell from the sky. Else what is the meaning of Ogiso? grin

Who named you Ilu Ibinu? grin You want to lie. grin

Yoruba had many kingdoms unlike Benin with just one kingdom. Hence, had many names. It doesn't change the fact Oduduwa was never from Benin. Your king lied. grin
Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by forgiveness: 6:59am On Dec 01, 2023
Procashtips:

So you mean Awori was side by side with Kingdom of Calabar and not Warri?

You dey think so?

You can see how vast the Kingdom of Benin was on that map.

Agreed but the eko island was not occupied by Benin in thus map. That's the point.

Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by Procashtips(m): 7:02am On Dec 01, 2023
forgiveness:

No Ogiso fell from the sky. Else what is the meaning of Ogiso? grin

Who named you Ilu Ibinu? grin You want to lie. grin

Yoruba had many kingdoms unlike Benin with just one kingdom. Hence, had many names. It doesn't change the fact Oduduwa was never from Benin. Your king lied. grin

That someone is calling you nbati nbati doesn't mean that's your official name.

You guys are known to degrade those higher than you including corrupting their names.

Benin was what your uncivilised forefathers called Ile Ibinu because we often dealt with your people until the oyo empire came for a treaty.

Oyo empire was killing and selling other Yoruba people into slavery and even got them taxed.

Apart from oyo empire, the rest were mushrooms villages good enough for the slave trade.

Most of you are in Brazil, cuba, haiti etc because you guys were so weak that everyone sold you out.
Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by Procashtips(m): 7:04am On Dec 01, 2023
forgiveness:

Agreed but the eko island was not occupied by Benin in thus map. That's the point.

Go and tell the Portuguese who did business with the Benin kingdom via the kingdom including eko fronts.

Even from the map, you can see Benin clearly written where Eko is now situated. (There was nothing like Eko island then until the Benins named it Eko)

Go and also argue with your lagos kings that traced their lineage to the Benin kingdom.

Who named you Yoruba?
You guys had no identity before a foreigner named you. grin
Re: You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin by forgiveness: 7:53am On Dec 01, 2023
Procashtips:

Go and tell the Portuguese who did business with the Benin kingdom via the kingdom including eko fronts.

Even from the map, you can see Benin clearly written where Eko is now situated. (There was nothing like Eko island then until the Benins named it Eko)

Go and also argue with your lagos kings that traced their lineage to the Benin kingdom.

Who named you Yoruba?
You guys had no identity before a foreigner named you. grin

Bloody liar. Show me where Benin was boldly written on the island.

Mr man, it was named Lagos Curamo by the same Portuguese in 1472 when they first came and at that time they said they met the Aworis not Benin, liar.

Your Benin Oba is a Yoruba man from Ile Ife. The reason Ogiamien wan to create thier own king in the same Benin. Hahahahahahaha!

Yoruba name you Bini. Na lie? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? / "Village People" Fact Or Myth? / Oke ITE Awele(pot Of Progress )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.