Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? (21060 Views)

What's That Most Annoying Thing A Visitor Has Ever Done In Your House? / What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before / What’s The Weirdest Thing A Visitor Has Done In Your House/home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by alfsalami: 5:35pm On Dec 01, 2023
Use of town criers for sharing information
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by SIXTEENTH(m): 5:42pm On Dec 01, 2023
Queengee:

Now I'm in the limelight cause I rhyme tight
Time to get paid blow up like the World Trade
Born sinner the opposite of a winner
Remember when I used to eat sardines for dinner

Twale for you bros, this line at the bolded speak volume and B.I.G predicted about this world trade which was blown by the terrorists Osama I think around 2001

1 Like

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by NorthyGent: 5:51pm On Dec 01, 2023
NTA was the most viewed TV station.
Relationships in those days were true. (Not all about money)
Trekking was a normal thing.
Every elder was respected.

1 Like

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by airsaylongcome: 5:55pm On Dec 01, 2023
naptu2:

That's because Dodan Barracks is made up of many different things.

I remember how difficult it was to explain this to people in the 1980s. Some people thought that the president lived in a regular army barracks.

There was State House Ribadu Road (that's the Presidency).

There were 2 sections of Dodan Barracks (the army barracks)

There was Mopol 2

Etc.

It was fun when you look back at it, but it wasn't as much fun on the day. It was more surreal. I couldn't understand why people were doing normal things like playing football and delivering newspapers when there was a war not far away.

So yes, the Ribadu end of it looked the part. And I eventually got to understand that that was were the Presidency operated from. Even till this day, you approach that area with caution. But like many of the people you explained to, I thought IBB lived in the regular barracks and could not fathom how that was plausible. My only explanation was that very high mult-layer security screens were put in place. Which further made me enthralled about the Dodan. When I eventually understood that Dodan and the Presidency were just neighbors, Dodan Barracks lost all its luster and allure. But the name still brings back a lot of fond memories. Suffice it to say I'm a big IBB fan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by Dannydavito: 6:09pm On Dec 01, 2023
JUNE 12 saga

1 Like

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by AnI77: 6:26pm On Dec 01, 2023
I completely lost interest when I heard you say the "operation starts at 6 AM in the morning".
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by Vinnie2000(m): 6:41pm On Dec 01, 2023
How come nobody mentioned 'Karashika, Karashika, Queen of Darkness'. shocked cool cool

1 Like

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by Sucre6: 6:43pm On Dec 01, 2023
Kaxmytex:
Make I compound their confusion....

This thing finish my money that year e too sweet πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by Labadi69: 6:47pm On Dec 01, 2023
TrustNone:
what does sesame street means?
I'm 30

You must have been born in the bush angry
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by Labadi69: 6:49pm On Dec 01, 2023
mizBisola:
Sim card was expensive than a mobile phone

I recommend a book called Brighter Grammar angry

1 Like

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by bluefilm: 6:57pm On Dec 01, 2023
Three days darkness scare tactics about the end of world by some ardent Virgin Mary/Catholic faithfuls that only turned out to be just another hoax.

Y2K bug that threatened to end humanity by ending digital existence on the planet.

Monica Lewinsky and Bill Clinton office sex.

Willie Willie.

Things Fall Apart - Okonkwo and Ikemefuna - the Ìgbo version.

Watching Jackie Chan on VHS tape thru a "Rich" neighbor's window.

Bring back the 90s!

2 Likes

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by TrustNone: 6:59pm On Dec 01, 2023
Labadi69:

You must have been born in the bush angry
tranquility2345 I no get your time abeg

Na only to troll you sabi
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by haybhi1(m): 7:02pm On Dec 01, 2023
Ohraykon:
if they are not our enemies, why do they kill progressive african leaders? What's neo-colonialism? Who congratulated tinubu even though the elections was a sham? You are not only realistic, you don't know what's going on, educated blind man!!!
All right.
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by Burruchaga71(m): 7:03pm On Dec 01, 2023
That Tinubu who was a DRUG LORD and a forger is now a yoruba president.
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by Semaj77(m): 7:17pm On Dec 01, 2023
naptu2:

No gnus is good gnus with Garry Gnu.

You're definitely an old timer if you know this , lemme guess , you're a 70's baby ?
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by egojeny1(f): 7:19pm On Dec 01, 2023
Faposky95:
The pain the country felt when Rashidi scored that first goal......and that goal Baggio scored to kick Nigeria out of USA 94.
The sheet ecstasy when it was announced that Abacha had kicked the bucket.
Hmm, I still remembered this day. The most painful Nigerian match I've ever watched. The thing made me to hate that guy till date. We were already looking forward to quater finals from nowhere they equalised then next thing another goal entered. That Baggio na beast then

1 Like

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:21pm On Dec 01, 2023
iammo:
shocked

..Sawdust stoves

White Maize and Beans with Krispy fried stew, was better than Jollof rice

Zobo was sweeter than Chivita, coca cola and fanta

Love letters and love messengers

Trekking about was a normal thing

Bangers and firecrackers were for interstreet war

God bless you for mentioned egbo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by mrkings84(m): 7:22pm On Dec 01, 2023
Uyi168:
India VS Nigeria

99-1

grin

You dae mad, where did u get that from?
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by egojeny1(f): 7:22pm On Dec 01, 2023
Fiscus105:

1.Life without phone.

2.One or no person will pass WAEC in a whole local government.

3.Turning antenna up and down to watch black and white Television.

4. Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool fans that litter every ghetto.

5.That you cannot withdraw money outside the exact bank you opened your bank account......

Military govt, (supreme military council, Military Adminstration of Ondo, Bornu, Anambra. (MILAD instead of Gov) of Kwara).

They are too many.
Very correct
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by mrkings84(m): 7:24pm On Dec 01, 2023
mizBisola:
Sim card was expensive than a mobile phone

Baba u lied. There was neither Sim card nor mobile phone as at 2000, don't know the kids pressing these likes you got......
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:26pm On Dec 01, 2023
Dr hood
Superted
Telematch
Promise book during Xmas

2 Likes

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by Pootle: 7:29pm On Dec 01, 2023
abacha stove
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by mrkings84(m): 7:31pm On Dec 01, 2023
When traveling, u must go with physical cash u need for the journey even if u are to stay for a month.
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by Queengee: 7:43pm On Dec 01, 2023
SIXTEENTH:

Twale for you bros, this line at the bolded speak volume and B.I.G predicted about this world trade which was blown by the terrorists Osama I think around 2001

The notorious BIG wasn't referring to 2001 bombing of World trade center in his 1994 juicy track lyric but the first one that occurred in
In 1993 World Trade Center. There was a terrorist attack carried out on February 26, 1993, when a van bomb detonated below the North Tower of the World Trade Center complex in New York City

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by CJStarz: 7:51pm On Dec 01, 2023
Going to school in brown sandals without stockings.
This generation wears canvas to school!

Wearing only one type of uniform to school, Monday to Friday.
This generation wears different uniforms on different days... Monday wear, Wednesday wear, Friday wear.
Confused people πŸ˜‚

Going to school without LUNCH PACK,highest na 50 naira or so wey ur mama,not papa o,fit give you to buy Agidi jellof or Aki Hausa(tiger nuts) during break time.
This generation dey go to school with well packaged lunch.
Una life sweet shaa.

Our generation was taught English with Vernacular,and we grew up speaking good English.
This generation started speaking English from the womb, that's why they speak jargon.
Imagine, when U beat a small child these days,she will cry and say ' I will tell my mummy for you ' instead of I shall report you to my mother πŸ˜‚

For my generation,rice na Sunday Sunday food. We respect rice well well. For these people,rice na everyday food. Dem no get shimgbai respect for rice.

For our generation,na who dey remember ur birthday. These people? Na so their mama go wear bum short carry big cake come sch give the teacher say make dem celebrate their children birthday

My generation dey call our mother Mma or Mama, our father,Mpa or Papa. These one dey shout mummy and daddy upandan🀣

For my generation,dem no born you well to dey argue with your mama or papa. These ones,come and see them dey drag TV remote with their parents.
Stubborn blockheads πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

This over pampered generation no know say dat small slim pole with black wires wey dey stand beside every nepa pole na for Nitel phone lines.
We no blame dem as dem born dem born GSM
Coconut head all of dem be

Una too lucky o.
But una sense never still matureπŸ˜‚

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by Labadi69: 7:51pm On Dec 01, 2023
TrustNone:
tranquility2345 I no get your time abeg

Na only to troll you sabi

Who be that? One of those people wey dey try be like Labadi? Yamayama fall on all una bald heads there. Lazy youths! angry
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by Adegbol07: 8:25pm On Dec 01, 2023
Sitting infront of the tv when it's 4, and the rainbow color appears, followed by the national anthem, first programme is kiddies cartoon
The landline is always locked by my dad, and the invention of tapping to call out afterall it was locked

1 Like

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by SIXTEENTH(m): 8:32pm On Dec 01, 2023
Queengee:

The notorious BIG wasn't referring to 2001 bombing of World trade center in his 1994 juicy track lyric but the first one that occurred in
In 1993 World Trade Center bombing. There was a terrorist attack carried out on February 26, 1993, when a van bomb detonated below the North Tower of the World Trade Center complex in New York City

Shitttttttttttt I swear I need a guy like you, all B.I.G album ranging from "Born again and Life after death" are super dope
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by mrgreen4real(m): 8:33pm On Dec 01, 2023
1. Hulk Hogan

2. Driving borris

3. Superman pant

4. Packaged drinking water in nylon (we used to call it ice water)

5. Hair clipper wey no dey use electric power
6. Tupac

7. Using clay to mould cup for football tournament

8. Jagua TV show

9. Wild Rose TV show

10. The Rich also cry TV show

11. .......
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by ghost08(m): 8:44pm On Dec 01, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
Super Nintendo

Sega Mega drive

Atari

Terminator
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by akandea(m): 8:51pm On Dec 01, 2023
Military Junta
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by placeofallure(f): 9:53pm On Dec 01, 2023
Faposky95:
The pain the country felt when Rashidi scored that first goal......and that goal Baggio scored to kick Nigeria out of USA 94.
The sheet ecstasy when it was announced that Abacha had kicked the bucket.

Don't talk about this Baggio goal again. I was a small girl then but I love football, Kai! I was watching at a friend's house, there was a party going on in his house. Then first half finished. I knew I couldn't stay and watch second half. By the time they would finish the second half, I would have stayed too long outside; and my my mum would kill me. I don't want to miss any part of the game...There was only one thing to do if I had to get home in 15 minutes.
So from Oyingbo to Yaba, I half trekked, half ran home. I made it only for Baggio to kill my joy. I couldn't eat dinner that day. I cried and nobody could console me. Since then till tomorrow, I lost faith in The Super Eagles. Give me my Arsenal anyday, anytime.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Wife Is Not Romantic. What Should I Do? / 4 Things To Do After You Are Engaged To Him (Advice For Ladies) / Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.