Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? (21108 Views)

What's That Most Annoying Thing A Visitor Has Ever Done In Your House? / What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before / What’s The Weirdest Thing A Visitor Has Done In Your House/home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by almarthins(m): 3:50pm On Dec 01, 2023
Eberex:
Voltron

The defender of the universe grin

2 Likes

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by CHRISTFUCKER: 3:54pm On Dec 01, 2023
LAN party
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by Sunnyski: 3:54pm On Dec 01, 2023
Kpakpa ngolo, kpa ngolo grin

Playing of tie tie (rubber bind)

3 Likes

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by Gajagojo: 3:55pm On Dec 01, 2023
1. 10 kobo

2. Once upon a time there were no churches in Nigeria where they speak in tongues or disturb their neighbours with night prayers. Anyone calling himself prophet was considered mad

3 Likes

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by boomcity009(m): 3:58pm On Dec 01, 2023
Lol

Some comments can make me laughing..

TrustNone:
what does sesame street means?
I'm 30

1 Like

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by imatejammer: 4:01pm On Dec 01, 2023
Offpoint1:
The 1999 end of the world. That was one of the greatest event in the 20th century.

Almost all humans believed it, I remember people selling off properties and church recorded the highest attendance in the history of Christianity.

People were shxt scared

Really?
I was only aware of the Millenium Bug (Y2K) scare. ..That all devices using any form of computer chip will reset or behave abnormally and that planes may fall from the sky. ..smiley wink wink

4 Likes

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by Kachidubem: 4:02pm On Dec 01, 2023
olowofariwo:
There was light (NEPA light) for over a month without blinking
Some part of Nigeria still experience this...I've been trying to explain to adults in dia 40s that some part of this country still enjoy 247 light
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by nicedayontop: 4:02pm On Dec 01, 2023
'Good morning pellow Nigerians' by IBB

6 Likes

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by urchman23: 4:03pm On Dec 01, 2023
Scooby-Doo and scrable doo, dogwander, chaliss angle

3 Likes

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by Buffalo2(m): 4:04pm On Dec 01, 2023
Gboom:

GSM came in the year 2000.
MTN sim card 30000 naira and Nokia 3310 8300 naira
Ha! those telecom guys dealt with us sha. I remember validity period of 5 days and per minute billing until glo introduced per second billing that others said it wasn't possible. I bought my glo sim on installment then grin

3 Likes

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by superCleanworks(m): 4:04pm On Dec 01, 2023
Millennium BUG. Y2K Compliance.

Yekini's first goal and the whole Nigeria shouting GOAAAAL at 2am.

Ruth Benemesia Opia

FRANK OLIZE

TV stations closes at 12 and resumes at 2pm

The Sunday Sunday Show.

Tandi Guranda

How do you explain that FANTA made one of the most bitter drinks in the ugly brown bottle? Fanta Ginger Ale.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by RevolverOcelot(m): 4:05pm On Dec 01, 2023
iammo:
shocked

..Sawdust stoves

White Maize and Beans with Krispy fried stew, was better that Jollof rice

Zobo was sweeter than Chivita, coca cola and fanta

Love letters and love messengers

Trekking about was a normal thing

Bangers and firecrackers were for interstreet war

Oil dey your head grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by Buffalo2(m): 4:09pm On Dec 01, 2023
nicedayontop:
'Good morning pellow Nigerians' by IBB
Na Brgd. Joshua Dogonyaro dey dey make such announcement
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by naptu2: 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2023
naptu2:
Their Thompson sub-machine guns (Tommy guns) fired custard, their cars had bicycle pedals and were propelled by human power and they had massive cream pie fights. This is the first Jodie Foster movie that I ever watched (she was just 13 when she acted in this film).

Bugsy Malone

(I think they mashed up the names Bugsy Siegel, Moran and Al Capone).

1 Like

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by joseph1832(m): 4:13pm On Dec 01, 2023
naptu2:
The anticipation that comes with this song.

Everybody in front of the TV.

Los Angeles '84, Russia 85, China 85, Canada 87, Chile 87, Maroc 88, Seoul 88, Scotland 89, Saudi 89, Barcelona 92, Atlanta 96.

Power Mike Wrestling.

Eagle Belt boxing.

Mobil Athletics

Milo Marathon

Etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ4BsM4JDas?si=iINV5A-vpcxjbCUS
With Akinloye Oyebanji. The good old days.

This was usually preceded by that NTA program, Giant In The Sun. Whoa.

Menn I must say, I miss the good old days so much.

3 Likes

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by naptu2: 4:14pm On Dec 01, 2023
naptu2:
Coincidence.

I typed the lyrics of Is It Good To You a few days ago and it included the line, "My main man did it in Charles In Charge". Charles In Charge was a sitcom that Scott Baio starred in. It aired from 1984-1990.

Now I'm watching "See Dad Run" (2012-2015), another sitcom that Scott Baio acted in and I decided to Google him because I was trying to remember the name of another sitcom that he acted in (Happy Days 1977-1984) and I discover that he was Bugsy Malone! shocked

I've posted about Bugsy Malone many times on this thread (It's one of my favourite childhood movies), but for those who don't know, Bugsy Malone was a 1976 mafia comedy. All the parts were played by children (including 13 year old Jodie Foster). Their machine guns fired whipped cream and their cars had pedals.

Scott Baio also acted in Diagnosis Murder.

1 Like

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by naptu2: 4:17pm On Dec 01, 2023
joseph1832:
With Akinloye Oyebanji. The good old days.

This was usually preceded by that NTA program, Giant In The Sun. Whoa.

Menn I must say, I miss the good old days so much.

naptu2:
This was the theme song of the series Giant in the Sun that was shown on the NTA in the early 1980s.

(Giant in the Sun was a series in which very interesting things from all over Nigeria were shown)

https://twitter.com/toluogunlesi/status/1567890981797732354

One day I'll find the theme song for Kwagh-Hir, the fantastic puppet and masquerade show from Benue.

naptu2:
That song! The song that the band is playing right now was the theme tune for Giant in The Sun, a programme that was shown on the NTA in the mid-1980s. I wish I knew the title and the lyrics.

naptu2:
YES! I HAVE FOUND IT!

You see! I am not mad and I did not imagine it. Here it is!

Giant in The Sun (1983)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRgpWRtJh1g?si=a7f0xKjFr9lV3RRe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by naptu2: 4:20pm On Dec 01, 2023
naptu2:
This is one of my favourite movies (even though I can no longer completely remember the plot). It's one of the best movies ever.

This is a 12 year old Jodie Foster singing.

(Someone that commented on the YouTube video asked, "What do they teach 12 year old girls in North Carolina??" grin)

Jodie Foster - My Name Is Tallulah (from the movie Bugsy Malone) (1976).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulEG7bd1H60
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by noob03saibot(m): 4:32pm On Dec 01, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
Super Nintendo

Sega Mega drive

Atari
Cartridges bro! I wonder if they would ever know what it is if they suddenly saw one. Those cartridges were maaadt during those years. Snes and n64. Same with Mega drives and 9999999999999 in one for ending man

1 Like

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by BigIyanga: 4:33pm On Dec 01, 2023
Trium phone.
Nitel calling card
Y2K
Sagem phone
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by Officialmrt: 4:33pm On Dec 01, 2023
Kaxmytex:
Make I compound their confusion....
Pako biscuit

1 Like

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by Lumig: 4:35pm On Dec 01, 2023
That ITALIA'90 was the most interesting world cup in recent time cheesy

That having a black and white TV at home was a luxury during the 80's and 90's cheesy

That Push-and-Work cars filled our streets and roads unlike what we have nowadays that you rarely see a car being pushed due to bad battery cheesy.

That what you call POVERTY nowadays is a baby compared to the POVERTY of those days, where it's only the averagely rich could afford using gas for cooking. Most were into picking woods, sticks and sawdust before they could cook.cheesy Nowadays, the poorest student has at least a 2kg cylinder for cooking cheesy

We thank God for where he is taking us from, for where we are and the greater place we're going 🙏

4 Likes

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by naptu2: 4:38pm On Dec 01, 2023
naptu2:
Aha! Dear diary, this is what I wanted to show you the last time I posted about Bugsy Malone. I've finally found it!

1) Look at their cars. Look closely at their cars. What's making the cars move? (Don't worry if you didn't see it, cos I'm still going to look for a better video, but in the meantime, look at their legs when they are in the cars).

2) Look at their guns. Now look at their bullets.

This movie was awesome grin

This is the grand finale of the movie.

Bugsy Malone (1976).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnPq2_gq3IA
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by CoronaVirusPro: 4:38pm On Dec 01, 2023
noob03saibot:

Cartridges bro! I wonder if they would ever know what it is if they suddenly saw one. Those cartridges were maaadt during those years. Snes and n64. Same with Mega drives and 9999999999999 in one for ending man

They can never know!

Those small gameboy cartridge's too grin grin grin
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by naptu2: 4:39pm On Dec 01, 2023
Lumig:
That ITALIA'90 was the most interesting world cup in recent time cheesy

I totally agree.

2 Likes

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by Officialmrt: 4:39pm On Dec 01, 2023
superCleanworks:
Millennium BUG. Y2K Compliance.

Yekini's first goal and the whole Nigeria shouting GOAAAAL at 2am.

Ruth Benemesia Opia

FRANK OLIZE

TV stations closes at 12 and resumes at 2pm

The Sunday Sunday Show.

Tandi Guranda

Fanta Ginger Ale.

Super story magazine and ikebe super ,papa ajasco all in cartoon comic form

1 Like

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by noob03saibot(m): 4:40pm On Dec 01, 2023
bhella10:
WILL SMITH sang a song about it. "Willineum" grin
Yeah! Will 2k. Willenium was the album I think
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by Ohraykon: 4:41pm On Dec 01, 2023
haybhi1:
Lazy Africans. Always looking for succour at the in anything. Comtemporary white nations are bolstering themselves with important developments and innovations—AI, automobile, technology, and so on. We dey here, nostalgia and superstition dey suffer for our hand.
westernised clown!!!

1 Like

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by Elibaba1: 4:46pm On Dec 01, 2023
Mosba:
The fact that Local Government Secretariats used to be so rich with cars and tractors etc and chairmen of local government used to be very respectable people

Asin ehhhhh!!!! Back Then Local Government had the aura and the Chairman could confront the Governor if some policies are not favorable to the masses(regardless of party affiliations) but now, ‘Chairmen have turned to Chairboys’ !!! What a pity!

4 Likes

Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by noob03saibot(m): 4:49pm On Dec 01, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

They can never know!

Those small gameboy cartridge's too grin grin grin
Yeah! I would really love to see their reaction if they were to see one unexpectedly. Gameboy cartridges Chai! Nostalgia is a b****. Then saturn came with cds, then Playstation took the cd market to another level in the mid 90s. It's quite sad that cds would give way in the not too distant future, maybe in the next ten years, streaming might be the only way to play games.
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by haybhi1(m): 4:51pm On Dec 01, 2023
Re: What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? by Elibaba1: 4:51pm On Dec 01, 2023
Gajagojo:
1. 10 kobo

2. Once upon a time there were no churches in Nigeria where they speak in tongues or disturb their neighbours with night prayers. Anyone calling himself prophet was considered mad

Look at this fool. Christianity will move ON!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? / I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months / Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.