Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,615 members, 7,816,526 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Allah Forbids Oppression - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Allah Forbids Oppression (2745 Views)

Islam Forbids Men From Forcing Their Wives / Quran Forbids Lottery, Gambling, Games Of Chance / Does Islam Forbids Contraceptive Pills? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Allah Forbids Oppression by Lukgaf(m): 7:49am On Dec 01, 2023
This week, we will review the 24th hadith of the forty hadith of An-nawawih. For the past review, see here

On the authority of Abu Dharr Al-Ghafari, of the Prophet (peace be upon him) is that among the sayings he relates from his Lord is that He said:

"O My servants! I have forbidden oppression for Myself, and I have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another. O My servants, all of you are astray except those whom I have guided, so seek guidance from Me and I shall guide you. O My servants, all of you are hungry except those whom I have fed, so seek food from Me and I shall feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked except those whom I have clothed, so seek clothing from Me and I shall clothe you. O My servants, you sommit sins by day and by night, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness from Me and I shall forgive you. O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and you will not attain benefitting Me so as to benefit Me. O My servants, if the first of you and the last of you, and the humans of you and the jinn of you, were all as pious as the most pious heart of any individual amongst you, then this would not increase My Kingdom an iota. O My servants, if the first of you and the last of you, and the humans of you and the jinn of you, were all as wicked as the most wicked heart of any individual amongst you, then this would not decrease My Kingdom an iota. O My servants, if the first of you and the last of you, and the humans of you and the jinn of you, were all to stand together in one place and ask of Me, and I were to give everyone what he requested, then that would not decrease what I Possess, except what is decreased of the ocean when a needle is dipped into it. O My servants, it is but your deeds that I account for you, and then recompense you for. So he who finds good, let him praise Allah, and he who finds other than that, let him blame no one but himself."
[Muslim]

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by Lukgaf(m): 7:52am On Dec 01, 2023
Commentary Summary from 40 Hadith Nawawih

This hadith is a 'Hadith Qudsee', a Hadith where the Prophet (sas) narrated Allah’s (swt) words. This hadith stresses on the prohibition of all forms of injustice and oppression in Islam. It also encourages Muslims to seek guidance from Allah by means of supplication (du'a) and to rely solely on Allah, while highlighting Allah’s Glory and His inexhaustible treasures and bounties.

Unlawful Oppression
When Allah (swt) said, “I have made oppression unlawful for Me”, one might think of all the suffering, evil, and oppression that exists in the world. One might think, if Allah (swt) is Merciful, then why do these evil things occur? These things happen because Allah (swt) gave us free will and a choice to act according to what we think is right. We can deduce that it is human beings who choose to oppress one another, exercising their own free will.

The forbidden injustices can occur in many forms. The most extreme form of injustice is al-shirk, or associating partners with Allah. The second form is injustice towards one own self, by committing sins. The third form is injustice towards others, human beings, and other creations alike. Muslims should strive to avoid injustice, as it displeases Allah (swt) and warrants His severe punishment.

Allah is the Source of Guidance
Allah (swt) is the source of all guidance. None of us can give guidance. We may attempt to show people the right path, but the true guidance comes from Allah (swt) alone. Guidance is a great mercy and blessingfrom Allah (swt). This guidance, in the form of the Qur'an, was revealed to us by Allah (swt) through His Messenger, Muhammad (sas). Allah (swt) showed us the right path to follow and warned us against Shaitan, who is our greatest enemy. Reciting Surah al-Fatihah every raka’ah reminds us of our extreme need for our Lord and His Guidance and Support.

Allah is the Provider
When it comes to material goods, Allah (swt) is the One who provides us with what we need: food, clothing, etc. The hadith shows the generosity of Allah (swt). The more we ask Him, the more He gives us. He wants us to come closer to Him by expressing our needs with humility. Allah (swt) said: "Do not seek sustenance from anyone other than Me, for verily all those others from whom you might seek sustenance have themselves been provided for by Myself. So seek sustenance from me and I will provide for you".

Allah is always willing to forgive us
Although we are constantly committing sins, Allah is constant in His Mercy and forgiveness. The door of repentance is always open for all. Allah (swt) acknowledges our weaknesses. People are always subject to wrongdoings. They may neglect or delay performing obligations or indulge in sins, but Allah (swt) is Oft-Forgiving and His door is open to all wrongdoers. If we do something wrong at night, we should come back to Him in the morning and vice versa.

Allah’s Treasures and Bounties are Endless
Allah’s treasures are inexhaustible, so do not let anyone think that what is with Allah will diminish by His giving. The Prophet (sas) has explained in another Hadith: "Allah's Hand is Full; it is not diminished by His giving all of the day and the night. Have you not seen that your Lord has been giving ever since He created the Heavens and the Earth, and all that has not diminished what is in His Hand by the least” (Bukhari).

Accountability
At the end of the hadith, it is mentioned and stressed that everyone will be accountable for their deeds. Whoever finds a good record, he should be thankful to Allah and praise Him for that. Anyone who finds other than that, should not blame anyone except himself. This is a clear statement that shows the personal responsibility we have for our actions.

Conclusion
In many verses of the Qur'an and in the Hadiths of the Prophet (sas), the importance of expressing our need with humility to Allah (swt) is very clear. We should also constantly repent to him. Allah (swt) is The All Hearing, He will listen to us and accept our supplication and repentance. We seek of Him; His mercy, blessings and pleasure. The pleasure of Allah (swt) is our ultimate goal, without which we will indeed be among the unfortunate of creations. We ask Allah (swt) to count us among the winners, the ones who have earned His pleasure (Amin).

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by DuBLINGreenb(m): 12:37pm On Dec 01, 2023
Na Wash

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by finallybusy: 12:38pm On Dec 01, 2023
The biggest enslavers of black people are middle eastern Muslims. Do those ones use a different quran?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by Tyriq: 12:43pm On Dec 01, 2023
Clowns

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by inyass2580(m): 12:46pm On Dec 01, 2023
Tell dt to our leaders d r oppresing us... Even i can proudly said d quran is for d poor nt fkr rich... D only tins d rich believe is goin to umurah or hajj... D oppresion is much... Dose alfa no preach for dm ni....

7 Likes

Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by LordReed(m): 12:48pm On Dec 01, 2023
Lukgaf:
Commentary Summary from 40 Hadith Nawawih

This hadith is a 'Hadith Qudsee', a Hadith where the Prophet (sas) narrated Allah’s (swt) words. This hadith stresses on the prohibition of all forms of injustice and oppression in Islam. It also encourages Muslims to seek guidance from Allah by means of supplication (du'a) and to rely solely on Allah, while highlighting Allah’s Glory and His inexhaustible treasures and bounties.

Unlawful Oppression
When Allah (swt) said, “I have made oppression unlawful for Me”, one might think of all the suffering, evil, and oppression that exists in the world. One might think, if Allah (swt) is Merciful, then why do these evil things occur? These things happen because Allah (swt) gave us free will and a choice to act according to what we think is right. We can deduce that it is human beings who choose to oppress one another, exercising their own free will.

The forbidden injustices can occur in many forms. The most extreme form of injustice is al-shirk, or associating partners with Allah. The second form is injustice towards one own self, by committing sins. The third form is injustice towards others, human beings, and other creations alike. Muslims should strive to avoid injustice, as it displeases Allah (swt) and warrants His severe punishment.

Allah is the Source of Guidance
Allah (swt) is the source of all guidance. None of us can give guidance. We may attempt to show people the right path, but the true guidance comes from Allah (swt) alone. Guidance is a great mercy and blessingfrom Allah (swt). This guidance, in the form of the Qur'an, was revealed to us by Allah (swt) through His Messenger, Muhammad (sas). Allah (swt) showed us the right path to follow and warned us against Shaitan, who is our greatest enemy. Reciting Surah al-Fatihah every raka’ah reminds us of our extreme need for our Lord and His Guidance and Support.

Allah is the Provider
When it comes to material goods, Allah (swt) is the One who provides us with what we need: food, clothing, etc. The hadith shows the generosity of Allah (swt). The more we ask Him, the more He gives us. He wants us to come closer to Him by expressing our needs with humility. Allah (swt) said: "Do not seek sustenance from anyone other than Me, for verily all those others from whom you might seek sustenance have themselves been provided for by Myself. So seek sustenance from me and I will provide for you".

Allah is always willing to forgive us
Although we are constantly committing sins, Allah is constant in His Mercy and forgiveness. The door of repentance is always open for all. Allah (swt) acknowledges our weaknesses. People are always subject to wrongdoings. They may neglect or delay performing obligations or indulge in sins, but Allah (swt) is Oft-Forgiving and His door is open to all wrongdoers. If we do something wrong at night, we should come back to Him in the morning and vice versa.

Allah’s Treasures and Bounties are Endless
Allah’s treasures are inexhaustible, so do not let anyone think that what is with Allah will diminish by His giving. The Prophet (sas) has explained in another Hadith: "Allah's Hand is Full; it is not diminished by His giving all of the day and the night. Have you not seen that your Lord has been giving ever since He created the Heavens and the Earth, and all that has not diminished what is in His Hand by the least” (Bukhari).

Accountability
At the end of the hadith, it is mentioned and stressed that everyone will be accountable for their deeds. Whoever finds a good record, he should be thankful to Allah and praise Him for that. Anyone who finds other than that, should not blame anyone except himself. This is a clear statement that shows the personal responsibility we have for our actions.

Conclusion
In many verses of the Qur'an and in the Hadiths of the Prophet (sas), the importance of expressing our need with humility to Allah (swt) is very clear. We should also constantly repent to him. Allah (swt) is The All Hearing, He will listen to us and accept our supplication and repentance. We seek of Him; His mercy, blessings and pleasure. The pleasure of Allah (swt) is our ultimate goal, without which we will indeed be among the unfortunate of creations. We ask Allah (swt) to count us among the winners, the ones who have earned His pleasure (Amin).

Most monotheistic god concepts are inherently oppressive including Allah. The fact that the god has decided that he alone shall be the ruler of all is the very heart of oppression.

1 Like

Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by motayoayinde: 1:04pm On Dec 01, 2023
Jazaakallah

3 Likes

Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by FiftyFifty(m): 1:05pm On Dec 01, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:
But Mohammad told you people not to allow other people practice their religion unless they pay you protection money (jizya), isn't that oppression?

Never have I ever seen a religion so in contradiction with itself. They can just spin any narrative that they want because there's verses for everything. E.g; there are verses where Mohammad asked them to love the Jews and there are also many more verses where Mohammad described how he hated the Jews and called them "the worst of creation", simply because the Jews never accepted him as a prophet.

Paying Jizya is far better than being killed just because you're Muslim like we see happened in Andalusia (Spain) and with the crusaders in the Muslim lands. Since only Muslims can defend the state then non-muslims will have to pay tax to enjoy the security and the social services provide by the state. This is only logical.

If you see Bible as the word of God then you shouldn't talk of contradiction. Bible is the most contradictory book ever written in history. I can show you hundreds if not thousands if you want.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by ShoeGetSize: 1:07pm On Dec 01, 2023
Allah forbids oppression, unless it is where the Mooslims oppress the unbelievers.

Lukgaf:
This week, we will review the 24th hadith of the forty hadith of An-nawawih. For the past review, see here

[Muslim]

3 Likes

Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by EtinosaDLaw(m): 1:10pm On Dec 01, 2023
FiftyFifty:

Paying Jizya is far better than being killed just because you're Muslim like we see happened in Andalusia (Spain) and with the crusaders in the Muslim lands. Since only Muslim can defend the state then non-muslim will have to pay tax to enjoy the security and the social services provide by the state.

If you see Bible as the word of God then you shouldn't talk of contradiction. Bible is the most contradictory book ever written in history. I can show you hundreds if not thousands of you want.

Oh, a Muslim was killed in Andalusia? Should I name more than 5 different countries where Muslims have slaughtered innocent people for no reason just last month alone? Why else do you think that the world never feels sympathy for you people?

And BTW, what the fork do you mean by "only Muslims can defend the state"? Is that supposed to be some sort of joke or what?

PS: I'm not even a Christian, so I don't understand what brought the bible into this discussion.

10 Likes

Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by FiftyFifty(m): 1:14pm On Dec 01, 2023
finallybusy:
The biggest enslavers of black people are middle eastern Muslims. Do those ones use a different quran?

You're a pathologically bigoted lier. How come the same blacks lead them in prayer even in the Haramain? We know who enslaved the world for centuries, who colonized the world for decades, who led the world to both WWI and WWII; we know the religion that have birth to the crusaders, Heraclitus, Stalin, Mussolini, Hitler, Napoleon, Bush, and many others.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by Northernblood7(m): 1:21pm On Dec 01, 2023
Taqiyya.

2 Likes

Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by FiftyFifty(m): 1:21pm On Dec 01, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:

Oh, a Muslim was killed in Andalusia? Should I name more than 5 different countries where Muslims have slaughtered innocent people for no reason just last month alone? Why else do you think that the world never feels sympathy for you people?

And BTW, what the fork do you mean by "only Muslims can defend the state"? Is that supposed to be some sort of joke or what?

PS: I'm not even a Christian, so I don't understand what brought the bible into this discussion.

Why denying your Christianity so easily? Before you count the "5 different countries" tell us the number of Iraqis, Libyans, and Afghans killed by the US supported by the UK, Germany, France, and other western Christian countries. Tell us the number of the Muslims killed by the western colonial masters in the muslim.lqnd such as Algeria, Somalia, Tunisia, even northern Nigeria. Tell us the number of Muslims killed by the crusaders. I can go on.

I don't expect you to be logical on Muslims defending their land.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by rspy: 1:35pm On Dec 01, 2023
FiftyFifty:

Paying Jizya is far better than being killed just because you're Muslim like we see happened in Andalusia (Spain) and with the crusaders in the Muslim lands. Since only Muslims can defend the state then non-muslims will have to pay tax to enjoy the security and the social services provide by the state. This is only logical.

If you see Bible as the word of God then you shouldn't talk of contradiction. Bible is the most contradictory book ever written in history. I can show you hundreds if not thousands of you want.

That's why God created USA, go and collect your stupid jizya from powerful nations, you think everyone is stupid like your scammer Allah

5 Likes

Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by DuBLINGreenb(m): 1:40pm On Dec 01, 2023
ALWAYS REMEMBER THE TAQIYAH VERSE when ever you are seeking Answers from Muslim “scholars” they are allowed to lie for the sake of promoting their religion.

Without lies !slam dies -Quran Surah Al-Taqiyah verse 1

So if islam says the sun sets in a muddy spring.
Thanks to technology we now know better so
They will say no it’s not literal

If Koran says beat your wife they’ll interpret it differently to different audiences.
If they are interpreting it to us non Muslims they’ll say it’s not true. But to Muslim men they’ll say it’s true. To Muslim women the major victims they’ll say “it’s true but…”

Just letting you know.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by LordReed(m): 1:41pm On Dec 01, 2023
FiftyFifty:

You mean Allah has no further wisdom than to support opposition? Of course he can't since the voice of Allah is nothing but the voice of relatively unsophisticated men who were a product of their time.

1 Like

Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by Corrections: 1:42pm On Dec 01, 2023
What is this called?

2 Likes

Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by EtinosaDLaw(m): 1:44pm On Dec 01, 2023
FiftyFifty:

Why denying your Christianity so easily? Before you count the "5 different countries" tell us the number of Iraqis, Libyans, and Afghans killed by the US supported by the UK, Germany, France, and other western Christian countries. Tell us the number of the Muslims killed by the western colonial masters in the muslim.lqnd such as Algeria, Somalia, Tunisia, even northern Nigeria. Tell us the number of Muslims killed by the crusaders. I can go on.

I don't expect you to be logical on Muslims defending their land.

My dear, they don't practice taqiyya in Christianity, so even if i was a Christian, it should be against my faith to deny Christ. Take Leah Sharibu as an example. That's one of the many differences between Christianity and Islam.

These countries you mentioned, were they killing these Muslims because they wanted to convert them? Did the USA or any of these western countries that you love to hate kill anyone in the name of Jesus??

Before you talk about the crusaders, I'll have you know that I'm not ignorant, I know very well about Mohammads Khalifs and the havocs they wrecked in his name. Or should we talk about the Ottomans?

You Muslims are so quick to use the crusaders as justification for murdering innocent people in 2023. As if Mohamadeens weren't also carrying out their own pogroms at the same time the crusaders were wrecking theirs.

Now that the crusades have ended, what is Islam's excuse for continuing to kill in the name of Allah? Everyone seems to have moved on and faced their civilisations, why are Muslims still living in the dark ages and using what happened centuries ago (that they were also part and parcel of) as excuse to murder people in 2023? Next year again, you will still be blaming crusaders that have decomposed in their graves

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by TheEndless: 1:47pm On Dec 01, 2023
Tyriq:
Clowns
Lol… I dont know whether to laugh or feel bad for that woman 🤦‍♀️
Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by Danmisra(m): 1:59pm On Dec 01, 2023
Jazakallahu khairan.
Please ignore any non Muslims who cannot behave himself. Majority of them are brainwashed puppet that know nothing but hatred imposed on them by their religious leaders and their Western masters (Jews).

3 Likes

Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by DuBLINGreenb(m): 2:09pm On Dec 01, 2023
No brainwash here these are peoples accounts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by bizzibodi(m): 2:12pm On Dec 01, 2023
Religion of contradiction...that am forced to agree that I am a Muslim before I can post on this page is that not OPPRESSION?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by Nwaikpe: 2:16pm On Dec 01, 2023
Only when the muslim are disadvataged by population.
Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by tunde1200(m): 2:17pm On Dec 01, 2023
Christian pastors have damaged the young generation with hate about Islam.

May Allah open their heart to see the light.
Amin

2 Likes

Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by NurHadejia(m): 2:25pm On Dec 01, 2023
Who told you there is a verse in the Quran called TAQIYAH?
If you want to know more about Islam, Qur'an and Hadith; please endervour to make your own research..

Stop following other people's opinion.

Google is not far from your reach.

DuBLINGreenb:
ALWAYS REMEMBER THE TAQIYAH VERSE when ever you are seeking Answers from Muslim “scholars” they are allowed to lie for the sake of promoting their religion.

Without lies !slam dies -Quran Surah Al-Taqiyah verse 1

So if islam says the sun sets in a muddy spring.
Thanks to technology we now know better so
They will say no it’s not literal

If Koran says beat your wife they’ll interpret it differently to different audiences.
If they are interpreting it to us non Muslims they’ll say it’s not true. But to Muslim men they’ll say it’s true. To Muslim women the major victims they’ll say “it’s true but…”

Just letting you know.

2 Likes

Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by Hassanmaye(m): 2:42pm On Dec 01, 2023
Thanks
Re: Allah Forbids Oppression by FiftyFifty(m): 2:45pm On Dec 01, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:

My dear, they don't practice taqiyya in Christianity, so even if i was a Christian, it should be against my faith to deny Christ. Take Leah Sharibu as an example. That's one of the many differences between Christianity and Islam.

These countries you mentioned, were they killing these Muslims because they wanted to convert them? Did the USA or any of these western countries that you love to hate kill anyone in the name of Jesus??

Before you talk about the crusaders, I'll have you know that I'm not ignorant, I know very well about Mohammads Khalifs and the havocs they wrecked in his name. Or should we talk about the Ottomans?

You Muslims are so quick to use the crusaders as justification for murdering innocent people in 2023. As if Mohamadeens weren't also carrying out their own pogroms at the same time the crusaders were wrecking theirs.

Now that the crusades have ended, what is Islam's excuse for continuing to kill in the name of Allah? Everyone seems to have moved on and faced their civilisations, why are Muslims still living in the dark ages and using what happened centuries ago (that they were also part and parcel of) as excuse to murder people in 2023? Next year again, you will still be blaming crusaders that have decomposed in their graves

On Leah, Boko Haram's terrorism doesn't differentiate between Muslims and Christians. In fact, Muslims have been its biggest victims. Sheikh Ja'afar, Albani, Moh'd Sokoto and many notable Muslim scholars paid the supreme price for preaching against their ideology. So, Boko Haram doesn't in anyway represent Muslims just like Joseph Koni's LRA in Uganda doesn't represent Christians. In Plaateu and Taraba, there militias that are known for targeting only Muslims. Remember General Alkali who was gruesomely murdered by Birom militia. Should we now say everyone in Plaateu and Taraba is a terrorist?

Lol. Why do you find it difficult accepting that you're a Christian? Nobody loves to hate any country just like that. I was expecting you to tell me why they derive pleasure in killing millions of Muslims across the world then.

If the Mohammedans have truly wrecked havoc as you wrongly mentioned, there may not be Christians today. You may not know that Muslims ruled the world for centuries and during that time the Muslim army was the strongest in the world. "There is no compulsion in religion" has been the Islam's stance from day one. This, even Prof. Micheal Hart has reiterated in his famous "The 100" and Prof. T W Arnold in his "The Teachings of Islam", among other Christian scholars.

Is there any Muslim country in the world that has a policy of killing Christians for them just being Christians? If you talk of terrorist groups like Boko Haram, there are also Christian groups like the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA). In the middle east, some of these groups are angry at the west for its double standard. It promotes democracy elsewhere but support and defend the autocratic rulers in the region to continue stealing their sources. I expect you to know all this.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Collections Of Eulogy In Praise Of Muhammad (peace Upon Him And His Household) / Islamic Influence On The Presumption Of Innocence / Umar's Admission The Caliphate Was Usurped From Imam Ali (as)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.