Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,973 members, 7,810,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) (3597 Views)

How To Know Who Is Spying On Your Calls / Why Google Is So Wicked (pictures Attached) / 7 Bridesmaids Spying At Couple As They Kisses On Wedding Day (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by henrycloud: 8:13pm On Dec 02, 2023
So I am working online right now and also watching this interesting movie in ROK2. One of the characters mentioned that she is a proverbs 31 woman. The second I heard that I went straight to Google with the intention of checking what is written there. But before I will type, Google brought that exact suggestion.

Now, don't say it based on my browsing history----na LIE! Google, Facebook etc dey spy o. I pity those people with so called smart homes.

5 Likes

Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by 1TrippleCee: 8:15pm On Dec 02, 2023
This one is small. Google brings advert questies related to my password. Password oh

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by henrycloud: 8:17pm On Dec 02, 2023
1TrippleCee:
This one is small. Google brings advert questies related to my password. Password oh

Omo! No be juju be that? na use tape cover my camera be that.

2 Likes

Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by godwinstringed1(m): 8:18pm On Dec 02, 2023
Not what you think, bro. I survive through SEO, and by God's grace, have been in the industry for over 6 years. That is Google Autosuggest. Cookies cannot listen to you or monitor you off-device. GDPR laws negate that.

Related searches with the highest search volume of what you're about to type get displayed first. The lower search volume gets listed down, and on and on in a descending order.

Attached is the screenshot of my similar experience with yours.

Tell other people to do the same and they'd get a similar result.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by illicit(m): 8:20pm On Dec 02, 2023
Sure now

Google and Facebook listen to ur conversations

✌️

3 Likes

Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by 1TrippleCee: 8:22pm On Dec 02, 2023
henrycloud:

Omo! No be juju be that? na use tape cover my camera be that.

Thats not it. They now have silent cookies that can listen to your tabs and predict to as much as 95%. Rhere are now secret ai algorithms that have been developed to listen to tappings on all devices to oredict passwords with 95% accuracy. The world is gone.

Even with Atm, very serious you will see such softwares enbedded on voice capturinf devices that can pickup sound algorithms and predict your atm pin code with 98% accuracy.

These informations i am giving here is still unknown to many in the world. All those your movie techs now exists. There are tech gadgets that if placed in crowded cities cam pickup calls and logs of as much as 100 meters radius and steal conversations without people knowing. The world as it used to be is now gone forever

You are the first person making me say this thing in close to a decade. I normally do not say it. Cause knowing it is also a problem

4 Likes

Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by henrycloud: 8:23pm On Dec 02, 2023
Now I know there is nothing like Privacy, even in incognito.

3 Likes

Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by FuckingMachine: 8:25pm On Dec 02, 2023
This is why I always use my laptop with my preek erect so that they can avoid me.
Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by Lovemeharder(f): 8:28pm On Dec 02, 2023
shocked
Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by tochez24(m): 8:30pm On Dec 02, 2023
henrycloud:
So I am working online right now and also watching this interesting movie in ROK2. One of the characters mentioned that she is a proverbs 31 woman. The second I heard that I went straight to Google with the intention of checking what is written there. But before I will type, Google brought that exact suggestion.

Now, don't say it based on my browsing history----na LIE! Google, Facebook etc dey spy o. I pity those people with so called smart homes.

Google is spying on you based on say you be DANGOTE or wetin?😂😂😂

Nothing wey person no go hear for this Nairaland i tell you 🤣.... I'm beginning to see that most people here are extremely DUMB🙄.. just yesterday a FOOL here was arguing, saying that Nigerian government doesn't owe Nigerians anything, now this!!!😃

If you know how google search engine operates, you will know you need 24 strokes of cain for this rubbish post😣

I will not pass this information to you, research it yourself or continue to wallow in your stupidity♂️

I'm outta here🚶🏾‍♂️🚶🏾‍♂️🚶🏾‍♂️

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by Gadafii: 9:40pm On Dec 02, 2023
Be like this one just emerged from the cave 😂😂😂

What do you suggest we do OP, make we deactivate google accounts or stop using google products d services altogether
Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by Efilse: 9:56pm On Dec 02, 2023
Dude no just Google....your mobile devices, Flat screens, air conditioners have hidden microphones or cameras. If you don't believe me, try this: Speak about a product to your phone for 2days. Then get on your browser, you'll get ads relating to what you spoke about

1 Like

Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by pafun(m): 9:59pm On Dec 02, 2023
henrycloud:

The lesson : don't do anything you don't want Google to find out
To Google I dedicate Take Your Time by Iska Tribe from Spotify. https://open.spotify.com/track/25TlMIRKoxOKpegEiDft2Z?si=97cb606a3eae4377

1 Like

Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by Osyxcel(m): 10:03pm On Dec 02, 2023
This is simple prediction/suggestion.

You're not the only person looking for a chapter/verse in Proverbs. What this means is that of all the chapters in Proverbs, chapter 31 is the most commonly searched on Google.

4 Likes

Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by bjtinz: 10:05pm On Dec 02, 2023
godwinstringed1:
Not what you think, bro. I survive through SEO, and by God's grace, have been in the industry for over 6 years. That is Google Autosuggest. Cookies cannot listen to you or monitor you off-device. GDPR laws negate that.

Related searches with the highest search volume of what you're about to type get displayed first. The lower search volume gets listed down, and on and on in a descending order.

Hmm. This makes sense. Naturally if everyone is searching for the same or similar things, those autosuggestions will likely pop up.

I have noticed this during the election period for instance.

1 Like

Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by pansophist(m): 10:26pm On Dec 02, 2023
The one that happened to me was that I went to a sportswear shop to search for a shoe, and the next day, I started getting ads from that shop on my Facebook.

No be juju be that?

5 Likes

Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by Magnoliaa(f): 10:35pm On Dec 02, 2023
I don't know it or what but I'm sure there's a "tech" explanation for it.

And it's called a smart phone, duh?

Other than the generic Google autosuggestion sef, my phone does it.

When I'm going through something anywhere else online, and I go to Google to search for a keyword in what I was reading or watching, I get a suggestion.
Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by Magnoliaa(f): 10:49pm On Dec 02, 2023
pansophist:
The one that happened to me was that I went to a sportswear shop to search for a shoe, and the next day, I started getting ads from that shop on my Facebook.

No be juju be that?

I'm going to take a stretch of logic here, and guess it was your 'location?'

Perhaps you had your location turned on when you went to the shop, and it was saved.

So Facebook prolly has access to your location data, and it brought online ads from that shop to your timeline?

Remember, I'm only "stretching" logic. I don't know for sure. grin

2 Likes

Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by pansophist(m): 10:52pm On Dec 02, 2023
Magnoliaa:

I'm going to take a stretch of logic here, and guess it was your 'location?'

Perhaps you had your location turned on when you went to the shop, and it was saved.

So Facebook prolly has access to your location data, and it brought online ads from that shop to your timeline?

Remember, I'm only "stretching" logic. I don't know for sure. grin

Your stretch of logic is correct, it is a thing, especially if you use wifi in that store. Vox wrote an article about it.

https://www.vox.com/recode/2019/12/19/21011527/retail-tracking-apps-wifi-bluetooth-facebook-ads

So brick and mortal store are in competition with online stores to follow customers around, damn. See how powerful buyers are.

2 Likes

Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by Magnoliaa(f): 11:10pm On Dec 02, 2023
pansophist:
Your stretch of logic is correct, it is a thing, especially if you use wifi in that store. Vox wrote an article about it.

https://www.vox.com/recode/2019/12/19/21011527/retail-tracking-apps-wifi-bluetooth-facebook-ads

So brick and mortal store are in competition with online stores to follow customers around, damn. See how powerful buyers are.

Until you likely need to be disciplined and save money.

Imagine if you left a store and decided to go back for something at a later time, but they're bombarding you online with suggestive ads about what you want.
Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by kingar(m): 11:30pm On Dec 02, 2023
I have noticed this for along time now, Instagram does it too. They know your interest and sends us related contents, maybe from our prior conversations and discussions likewise ads now pop based on needs probably based on search and conversations too.
Just be discussing about a thing and wait to see same thing discussed as ad or content pop on Facebook, Instagram and even google during a search. They have access these information but not sure how harmful it is to us. I feel it’d even help us improve in knowledge and makes life easier aswell.
Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by Yoshy: 11:42pm On Dec 02, 2023
Everyone is buying PCs with camera shot, even Mark Zuckerberg shots his Camera.
Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by Dzzzz: 1:30am On Dec 03, 2023
Facebook app keeps tabs of everything you do on your phone including bank transaction.
Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by rickleye: 2:10am On Dec 03, 2023
You were watching …. I was thinking… just a thought and I was flooded with ads!!!

At this point ! I don’t care … I ain’t a terrorist nor scammer so whatever information they have . I prefer for it to be accurate
Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 4:14am On Dec 03, 2023
Thank you. I personally tested this and found it to be true. Even to the extent of mind prediction. Months back, I used to use an Android app with adverts. Whenever the advert wants to start I intentionally make mention of things like I feel like eating chicken, and to my surprise, the advert will be from chicken republic. Same goes for slightly coughing, the advert is Tom Tom, I can't count it. Sometimes I intentionally say, oh I'm so hungry, I feel like eating meat... Guess what, it shows a moniepoint advert where this lady was eating big meat in a restaurant. When I say that I need money, I won't be able to count the number of loan app adverts I will receive that day.

It got to an extent that I just think it and the advert comes up. Maybe na iris technology or facial expressions dey determine it. I went straight to clear up all my Google history, cookies and adverts preferences.

2 Likes

Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by bilaal29: 6:46am On Dec 03, 2023
godwinstringed1:

Boss can I enter your DM, I want you to teach me SEO
Thanks
Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by eepeepook: 7:04am On Dec 03, 2023
Let me blow your mind. Type '5 per-' into the search box. I won't tell you what you'll see. Na you go use your hand come inform us.
Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by nzoptunechi(m): 7:31am On Dec 03, 2023
[quote author=1TrippleCee post=127284022]

Thats not it. They now have silent cookies that can listen to your tabs and predict to as much as 95%. Rhere are now secret ai algorithms that have been developed to listen to tappings on all devices to oredict passwords with 95% accuracy. The world is gone.

Even with Atm, very serious you will see such softwares enbedded on voice capturinf devices that can pickup sound algorithms and predict your atm pin code with 98% accuracy.

These informations i am giving here is still unknown to many in the world. All those your movie techs now exists. There are tech gadgets that if placed in crowded cities cam pickup calls and logs of as much as 100 meters radius and steal conversations without people knowing. The world as it used to be is now gone forever

You are the first person making me say this thing in close to a decade. I normally do not say it. Cause knowing it is also a problem[/quotet

They been spying and swearing they ain't at same time ... Damnn
Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by nzoptunechi(m): 7:33am On Dec 03, 2023
1TrippleCee:

You are the first person making me say this thing in close to a decade. I normally do not say it. Cause knowing it is also a problem

They been spying and swearing they ain't at same time ... Dammnn
Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by SUPERPACK: 7:41am On Dec 03, 2023
Note: If you are not paying fully to use a product, then you are the product being sold

1 Like

Re: Google Is Spying More Than You Know (pics) by BigDawsNet: 7:58am On Dec 03, 2023
henrycloud:

Goan watch "NEXT" series...you will understand the secret of this new evolution AI....

Artificial Intelligence knows more than you think...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies Pick One! Just One! / Guys If You Fall Into Any Of These Categories, SORRY You Can't Find Love! / Most Nigerian Guys Are Naturally Stingy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.