Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (99886 Views)

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment / Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences / UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by yamakuza: 9:41am On Nov 02, 2011
Thanks, Praise, Shina et al.

Nice to know UBA has found their mojo.

Hope their mobile money solution is just as good. Any feedback on UMo?

2sexy, could you find out when next you visit if its possible to fund the card with UMo transfer?

That would make it just too convenient.

Also, pls find out if its Vpay compatible, or can receive payments.

Thanks
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by nairapark: 9:51am On Nov 02, 2011
2.75% of any transaction you do online.

Is that not quite on the high side?

shocked
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by cyif2003(m): 10:54am On Nov 02, 2011
Thanx 4 d innovation. Bt kan it b used on a betting site 4 soccer bettin? And do they charge yearly 4 d kard. So if i get dis kard does it mean dat i av an account with them automaticaly?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 10:56am On Nov 02, 2011
Zeddicus:

Looks like good news so far. What is the daily deposit and withdrawal limits on this card? Can payments be sent to it online without hassles?

I don't know, walk into the bank and ask as much questions as you need. that will be better than asking non- UBA staff
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 11:00am On Nov 02, 2011
yamakuza:

Thanks, Praise, Shina et al.

Nice to know UBA has found their mojo.

Hope their mobile money solution is just as good. Any feedback on UMo?

2sexy, could you find out when next you visit if its possible to fund the card with UMo transfer?

That would make it just too convenient.

Also, pls find out if its Vpay compatible, or can receive payments.

Thanks

It should be Vpay compatible because the card is actually a VISA card. what do you me by UMo transfer?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by oludimuni: 11:37am On Nov 02, 2011
Has anyone ever try to use this card of Facebook? And how does it work?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by yang(m): 3:48pm On Nov 02, 2011
@ topic

I just wanted to know if someone can receive payments online from this card. that is can i withdraw money say from my sports betting account by giving them this card details?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by yamakuza: 8:19pm On Nov 03, 2011
2sexy:

It should be Vpay compatible because the card is actually a VISA card. what do you me by UMo transfer?

Umo is UBA Mobile Money.

Want to know if its possible to fund the card using my mobile phone i.e. if the card has a mobile money acct u can pay into, or if their Umo platform can xfer money to standard accts.

Etranzact can, so i wonder if Umo can.

Thanks
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Elizadath: 11:12pm On Nov 03, 2011
I applied for my own card today in lagos and they told me to come back in the next three biz dayz. For the first time in history of uba. The staff attended well to customers. Maybe it'z because of the enviroment cos a applied in ikoyi.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by danielng: 2:13pm On Nov 04, 2011
Thanks for the information.

I guess is same function with Skye Visa Card. Its the better Visa card.

I'll apply today.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by yamakuza: 2:31pm On Nov 04, 2011
nairapark:

2.75% of any transaction you do online.

Is that not quite on the high side?

shocked

Anyone know the rates on Zenith, Diamond and maybe Skye Naira Visa cards?

GTB is 1% but its USD, not Naira Visa.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by cashmentor(m): 4:52pm On Nov 04, 2011
Anyone used d card yet at Amazon and any China Wholesale sites apart from Aliexpress?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 7:28pm On Nov 04, 2011
yamakuza:

Umo is UBA Mobile Money.

Want to know if its possible to fund the card using my mobile phone i.e. if the card has a mobile money acct u can pay into, or if their Umo platform can xfer money to standard accts.

Thanks

There is a way around that. They have website attached to the card which you can log on to your account online and do transfer. So in essence, with an internet enabled phone, you can transfer fund.

You can also transfer from card to card as well.
For more information, google 'uba africard' and read both the benefit and features for the card at their website.

Hope this help.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 7:33pm On Nov 04, 2011
yamakuza:

Umo is UBA Mobile Money.

Thanks

There is a way around that. They have website attached to the card which you can log on to your account online and do transfer. So in essence, with an internet enabled phone, you can transfer fund.

For more information, google 'uba africard' and read both the benefit and features for the card at their website.

Hope this help.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 7:36pm On Nov 04, 2011
yamakuza:

Umo is UBA Mobile Money.

Thanks

Hope this help.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by yamakuza: 8:46pm On Nov 04, 2011
2sexy:

Hope this help.

thanks, man!

Online transfer as you just described implies the need to have a UBA account.

Thanks anyways.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by afrobaby(f): 1:54pm On Nov 05, 2011
"praise, please, is aliexpress reliable and do they ship to nigeria
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by inereunwa1(m): 5:01pm On Nov 05, 2011
Hi thanks for the info!
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by PRAISEPHS: 12:33am On Nov 06, 2011
@afrobaby
Aliexpress is very reliable but there are things you need to know as a newbie before you start shopping on aliexpress. Please seek the knowledge about using aliexpress before you start ordering for items.I'm saying this because I have learnt alot on how to use aliexpress and I did the necessary things before shopping on aliexpress.Please note that am not saying all these in order to sale any info to you but you are free to ask me of any assistance and I shall be ready to help you in any way.Be very careful not to loose your money.GOODLUCK
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by HECTORBOSS(m): 8:43pm On Nov 06, 2011
I have predicted the down fall of Paypal and as soon as they finally decide to accept Nigerians, We will campaign against it because by then a better competitor would have surfaced. Big ups to the old Man we've been begging him to wake up. Do they even know that investing in this area will go along way to increase the amount they return as profit per month!!
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by afrobaby(f): 9:12am On Nov 07, 2011
I dont understand, if u say they are reliable, then that should mean dia shud be no fear of losingmoneydoing business dia, just like ebay, has any of the things u ordered promptly and effectively delivered to nigeria, can u pls enlihten me before I start making purchases dia
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by PLENTYNAIR(m): 9:49am On Nov 07, 2011
This UBA Sef na wa. I needed this card, so I visited a UBA branch (Alaba Int'l) with my Int'l Passport and photograph and what did I get;

The wearied out customer care lady told their photocopier is bad and I need to photocopy my ID b4 she can attend to me.

Went out for photocopy but could not locate any nearby biz centre so I decided 2 take care of personal biz only to go to the Festac branch (with my Int'l Passport photocopy) only to get another shocker shocked"WE NEED YOUR UTILITY BILL" Me I no know weda na account I wan open o.

I dey go back after holiday with my Nepa bill.I don tell them say I must get my Africard. "No weapon fashioned against me shall prosper" grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by danielng: 12:53pm On Nov 07, 2011
PLENTYNAIR:

This UBA Sef na wa. I needed this card, so I visited a UBA branch (Alaba Int'l) with my Int'l Passport and photograph and what did I get;

The wearied out customer care lady told their photocopier is bad and I need to photocopy my ID b4 she can attend to me.

Went out for photocopy but could not locate any nearby biz centre so I decided 2 take care of personal biz only to go to the Festac branch (with my Int'l Passport photocopy) only to get another shocker shocked"WE NEED YOUR UTILITY BILL" Me I no know weda na account I wan open o.

I dey go back after holiday with my Nepa bill.I don tell them say I must get my Africard. "No weapon fashioned against me shall prosper" grin grin grin

I like ur spirit. Go ahead and get it. But you should have read the beginning of this thread and i am sure you would have gotten it same day. As to that of non-working copier machine, most banks branches do face similar problem. I actually use a similar card to this; Skye visa card, though its denominated in USD but can withdraw in naira from any VISA atm.
Why i will prefer this UBA card is because it can be loaded in naira and make shopping in USD. I'll be getting mine too after the holiday.

Fantastic, good for my online biz.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by nevosys(m): 5:23pm On Nov 07, 2011
Can i use the card to pay for my facebook and www.oceansms.com google adwords account?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by PRAISEPHS: 12:42am On Nov 08, 2011
@afrobaby
Yes I do receive whatever I order for right at home.The seller you are dealing with will always ship your items to the address you provide.Again you need to be very careful with the seller you will be buying from.The most quaranteed sellers to buy from on aliexpress are those that are "ASSURANCE PLUS" certified.If the seller is assurance plus certified, it means you can ask for a refund of your money if you are not satisfied with the items shipped to you.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by StephScott(f): 1:58am On Nov 08, 2011
Thanks, this is great I've been looking for cards that could pay my online bills. Is it better than Skype cards.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 7:17am On Nov 08, 2011
nevosys:

Can i use the card to pay for my facebook and www.oceansms.com google adwords account?

Nobody knows about that yet. Why don't you just apply for the card firt and then try it on facebook or google to see if they will accept it and then come back here to let us know the outcome.

The only place we know to have accepted the card are the ones stated by me and the OP(praiseph). I tried it at namecheap.com and hostgator.com and it was accepted. The OP use it at aliexpress.com and it was accepted so, try it at facebook or google and let's see.

To get the card, you won't spend more than N100(naira) which comes with funding. And comparing it to GTB naira mastercard where you need to pay 3k just to activate alone and that money will not be available on your card. It was based this that I refused to activate my Gtb card. Thank God I Found UBA Africard.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 08, 2011
Good news, please, can the card be use to deposit in forex and also for withdrawal?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by afrobaby(f): 4:19pm On Nov 11, 2011
Thx praisephs
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by afrobaby(f): 5:47pm On Nov 11, 2011
Will I just select visa card as my form of payment ?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by PRAISEPHS: 11:16pm On Nov 11, 2011
@afrobaby
Select visa and enter the necessary information.That reminds me, pls make sure that you go through the feedbacks that have been written by buyers about the particular supplier you're dealing with.The feedbacks to some extent help you to know the kind of supplier you're buying from.Goodbye and I hope these help.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by unphilaz(m): 5:02pm On Nov 12, 2011
Hi praise, thanks for aliexpress info. How can one identify ASSURANCE PLUS person and do they actually ship to your door steps in nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, / Nigerians React To Sani Dangote Son Engagement To Malaysian Billionaire Daughter / Obi Cubana Buys 2022 Mercedes Benz Maybach S580 Guard 4matic Bulletproof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.