Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,455 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (99920 Views)

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment / Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences / UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by barikay: 6:06pm On Sep 04, 2012
2sexy: If you use your card for business, I see know reason why you should complain. What about money spend on make useless calls or buy recharge cards that adds no value to one's pocket?
to me it does not make sense business wise. I should hav an idea of what I'm buying the dollar for to effectively calculate my profit.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by bukahands(m): 7:51pm On Sep 04, 2012
The sms is free, 2.7% fee for online transactions, N100 per deposits, N100 ATM withdrawal from oda banks, N50 ATM withdrawal fee for UBA shikena

1 Like

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 8:58pm On Sep 04, 2012
bukahands: The sms is free, 2.7% fee for online transactions, N100 per deposits, N100 ATM withdrawal from oda banks, N50 ATM withdrawal fee for UBA shikena
thank jor
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Excelboi(m): 10:12pm On Sep 04, 2012
Two days more to the day I will collect my Card, can't wait grin cheesy
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by soloqy: 10:28pm On Sep 04, 2012
ziccoit:

This is what I noticed concerning the charges.

1. N100 was removed on loading the card apart from N750 which is normal cost of the card. So, that is the cost of loading the card.

2. N160 was also deducted when I registered the card with Amazon, mind you I made 4 different payment through Amazon and received SMS in each case and there were no deductions for the SMS.

3. N160 was also deducted too when I registered the card with Apple Store. Though I made a payment of 0.99cent for an application and received an error message that there was difficulty charging my card that I should use a different card.

4. I registered the card with blackberry app store without any deduction, the reason for this I don't know.

5. In all my tractions with the card, which were not less than 10 from 3 different online shops, my calculation revealed average of N162 to $1.

These are what I don't understand.

1. N160 deduction by Amazon and the apple store and why there was no such deduction on registering the card with blackberry appworld.

2. Why the apple store is finding it difficult charging the card.

It is very clear that each SMS doesn't lead to N100 deduction and the deduction is not that outrageous as some people claimed.

I think Ubaafricard is not bad at all couple with the fact that been a visa card, it should be acceptable to almost all the online markets.

You got the calculations right. No deductions for text messages like the other dude said.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by soloqy: 10:30pm On Sep 04, 2012
bukahands: The sms is free, 2.7% fee for online transactions, N100 per deposits, N100 ATM withdrawal from oda banks, N50 ATM withdrawal fee for UBA shikena

You are right but am not sure they charge 50 naira for ATM withdrawal from UBA. I have not noticed that.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by WaleTempha: 5:52am On Sep 06, 2012
Hey all, please when u apply for the card how does UBA Verify ur address, cos they said they will come to verify it, as matter of fact it put 8:00 pm on time at home, and they said no problem. They take down my address, how to locate it and colour of house. My question is do they do this for you? How they verify the address am i to be meant personally? Thanks
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by bukahands(m): 8:24am On Sep 06, 2012
WaleTempha: Hey all, please when u apply for the card how does UBA Verify ur address, cos they said they will come to verify it, as matter of fact it put 8:00 pm on time at home, and they said no problem. They take down my address, how to locate it and colour of house. My question is do they do this for you? How they verify the address am i to be meant personally? Thanks

They won't come its just a procedure to scare s
Scammers away
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 9:32am On Sep 06, 2012
bukahands:

They won't come its just a procedure to scare s
Scammers away

I wonder why d guy dey worry sef.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by legalwealth(m): 12:19pm On Sep 06, 2012
I wonder as well.

2sexy: I wonder why d guy dey worry sef.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by soloqy: 2:36pm On Sep 06, 2012
WaleTempha: Hey all, please when u apply for the card how does UBA Verify ur address, cos they said they will come to verify it, as matter of fact it put 8:00 pm on time at home, and they said no problem. They take down my address, how to locate it and colour of house. My question is do they do this for you? How they verify the address am i to be meant personally? Thanks

They will come when you least expect it. If you are clean, there is nothing to fear abi? During my own they came early in the morning.

And yes, when they come, they will ask for you.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by WaleTempha: 4:46pm On Sep 06, 2012
soloqy:

They will come when you least expect it. If you are clean, there is nothing to fear abi? During my own they came early in the morning.

And yes, when they come, they will ask for you.

ok sology thanks 4 the reply if you said so, but i used a cousins utility bill, which is just at my back of my street, how do u see that? And i dont use to be at home in morning. Do they see u when they can? Thanks.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Excelboi(m): 6:22pm On Sep 06, 2012
Soloqy and 2sexy, pls I just collected my personalized card today and I wanted to change the pin at the ATM point but was unable to. After several trial, it told me that I have reached the maximum pin trial! Can you pls tell me how to go about this change of pin, thanks.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by ziccoit: 7:25pm On Sep 06, 2012
AppStore finally accept my card. Don't know wetin dey worry their head before grin. I can now say I have recorded 100% success rate using the card online.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by frankmoney(m): 10:53pm On Sep 06, 2012
Please has any student purchased dz card ? I don't hv a drivers liscence. I only hv skul I'd
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 11:04pm On Sep 06, 2012
frankmoney: Please has any student purchased dz card ? I don't hv a drivers liscence. I only hv skul I'd
Just use your school ID card, Accomodation form and Admission jetter. Gbagaun! Next?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 11:24pm On Sep 06, 2012
Excelboi: Soloqy and 2sexy, pls I just collected my personalized card today and I wanted to change the pin at the ATM point but was unable to. After several trial, it told me that I have reached the maximum pin trial! Can you pls tell me how to go about this change of pin, thanks.
That's a bad ATM... Mind you, do not throw away that nylon covering o. There is a different pin on there to login to your account online and check whatever transaction you make.

The ATM you used isn't not good and that means that one it came with has been damage. You will have to apply for a new pin. Just walk into the UBA bank where you got it from and apply for another pin and you will another one in 24hrs. Once you get a new pin, there's no need to change it again. Just go on and buy what you want. Even if you wish to change your PIN, do not use that ATM. Goto a better branch and have it changed.

Some UBA ATM are not good for changing PINs and the Africard is delicately sensitive, hence the result of your experience.

Gbagaun... Over and out!
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 11:33pm On Sep 06, 2012
ziccoit: AppStore finally accept my card. Don't know wetin dey worry their head before grin. I can now say I have recorded 100% success rate using the card online.
I know you are happy... But let me say this. That's how to make money. Simply solve people's problem with added value than nobody can offer and you will never be broke in your life.

Take a look at 5 years from now and imagine how much the owner of UBA will be making from this card alone. I thank God I am business minded so that I can implement the same principle and amass wealth for myself.

Good luck with buying apps while I think of an app I can sell to people like you.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Excelboi(m): 12:02am On Sep 07, 2012
2sexy: That's a bad ATM... Mind you, do not throw away that nylon covering o. There is a different pin on there to login to your account online and check whatever transaction you make.

The ATM you used isn't not good and that means that one it came with has been damage. You will have to apply for a new pin. Just walk into the UBA bank where you got it from and apply for another pin and you will another one in 24hrs. Once you get a new pin, there's no need to change it again. Just go on and buy what you want. Even if you wish to change your PIN, do not use that ATM. Goto a better branch and have it changed.

Some UBA ATM are not good for changing PINs and the Africard is delicately sensitive, hence the result of your experience.

Gbagaun... Over and out!
Thanks...
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by ziccoit: 7:28pm On Sep 07, 2012
2sexy: I know you are happy... But let me say this. That's how to make money. Simply solve people's problem with added value than nobody can offer and you will never be broke in your life.

Take a look at 5 years from now and imagine how much the owner of UBA will be making from this card alone. I thank God I am business minded so that I can implement the same principle and amass wealth for myself.

Good luck with buying apps while I think of an app I can sell to people like you.

Imagine a world where everybody was a producer of all his needs, who would patronize your products? The world is a wonderful place as a result of varieties.

1 Like

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by frankmoney(m): 10:16pm On Sep 07, 2012
2sexy: Just use your school ID card, Accomodation form and Admission jetter. Gbagaun! Next?
bro I hv ma skul id card *nd admission letter but I don't hv dz accomodation letter does it matter ?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by soloqy: 11:47am On Sep 08, 2012
ziccoit:

Imagine a world where everybody was a producer of all his needs, who would patronize your products? The world is a wonderful place as a result of varieties.

Exactly
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by guruenigma(m): 12:21pm On Sep 08, 2012
If you are looking for a way to check you balance online with the UBA Africard. You type in the long number on the card and then type a password you want to use and submit the form on the website. This will send a mail to the email you provided giving you details of your registration. When you have successfully done this, you will no longer use the normal pin you use to check the internet balance. It is now your new username and password that will work. i hope this works for you guys. For more info call 08036879914.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Excelboi(m): 1:28pm On Sep 08, 2012
guruenigma: If you are looking for a way to check you balance online with the UBA Africard. You type in the long number on the card and then type a password you want to use and submit the form on the website. This will send a mail to the email you provided giving you details of your registration. When you have successfully done this, you will no longer use the normal pin you use to check the internet balance. It is now your new username and password that will work. i hope this works for you guys. For more info call 08036879914.
So if I want to make payments, I will just input my Username and. Password? Thatz all?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by ziccoit: 5:37pm On Sep 08, 2012
Excelboi: So if I want to make payments, I will just input my Username and. Password? Thatz all?

No, you didn't get what he was trying to tell you. This is the gist:
- There are two pins associated with the card, one is ATM pin and the other the Internet pin.

- When you get the card you must activate the card by changing the ATM pin number on an ATM machine with VISA logo preferably UBA Machine.

- There are other two important numbers on your card. A 16 digit long one and another 3 digit short one. We are coming bact to this later.

- Now go to www.myubaafricard.com. Here;
Your username= 16 digit number at the back of your card
Your password = Internet pin
You must understand that this is one chance login opportunity so u must get a stable Internet

- when you log in change both our username and password by providing your new username and password, then update your profile and click save or update as the case may be.

- To make online transaction with the card, some stores request your card details including that 16 digits number on the back of the card with or without that 3 digit number which is your card CCV.

- Anytime a store asks for the screenshot of your card details or you need to check your balance just login to above website to get those information.

- Very important, keep your 16 digits number and that 3 digit CCV, with those on a wrong hand; your money would just finish in a minute.
That is just all.

1 Like

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Excelboi(m): 6:14pm On Sep 08, 2012
ziccoit:

No, you didn't get what he was trying to tell you. This is the gist:
- There are two pins associated with the card, one is ATM pin and the other the Internet pin.

- When you get the card you must activate the card by changing the ATM pin number on an ATM machine with VISA logo preferably UBA Machine.

- There are other two important numbers on your card. A 16 digit long one and another 3 digit short one. We are coming bact to this later.

- Now go to www.myubaafricard.com. Here;
Your username= 16 digit number at the back of your card
Your password = Internet pin
You must understand that this is one chance login opportunity so u must get a stable Internet

- when you log in change both our username and password by providing your new username and password, then update your profile and click save or update as the case may be.

- To make online transaction with the card, some stores request your card details including that 16 digits number on the back of the card with or without that 3 digit number which is your card CCV.

- Anytime a store asks for the screenshot of your card details or you need to check your balance just login to above website to get those information.

- Very important, keep your 16 digits number and that 3 digit CCV, with those on a wrong hand; your money would just finish in a minute.
That is just all.
Thanks for your prompt respond. Actually, I have gotten my card and even setup my username and password @ myubaafricard but I was told that before you could make use of it, you must change the default web pin at a uba atm. I tried doing that 2days ago but the machine now tell me that I have exceeded my number of trial! How do I go about this? Thanks
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by ziccoit: 7:53pm On Sep 08, 2012
Excelboi: Thanks for your prompt respond. Actually, I have gotten my card and even setup my username and password @ myubaafricard but I was told that before you could make use of it, you must change the default web pin at a uba atm. I tried doing that 2days ago but the machine now tell me that I have exceeded my number of trial! How do I go about this? Thanks

Have you successfully changed your ATM pin? You don't need your web pin for anything than for acess into myubaafricard.com first and only time. If your card ATM pin has been changed already that means your card is now active. I don't think exceeded number of trial should affect your card functionality since the pin is not meant to be changed via ATM in the first place. Just load the card and fire on. I will advise you to test the card online.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Excelboi(m): 9:05pm On Sep 08, 2012
@ziccoit! I hope I won't affect me when I want to withdraw my money with ATM? Anyway thanks for the help so far. I will fund it soon and I just used it to verify my Alert pay account this evening, thanks once again!
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by dloy(m): 10:19am On Sep 10, 2012
Excelboi: @ziccoit! I hope I won't affect me when I want to withdraw my money with ATM? Anyway thanks for the help so far. I will fund it soon and I just used it to verify my Alert pay account this evening, thanks once again!
does alert pay officially allows nigeria to transact on the site?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Excelboi(m): 10:46am On Sep 10, 2012
dloy:
does alert pay officially allows nigeria to transact on the site?
Yes
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 10:48am On Sep 10, 2012
ziccoit:

Na play I dey o
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by chuks6000: 4:22pm On Sep 10, 2012
please GTBank Card users, has any one uses his/her Gtbank card to fund and withdraw from Bet365.com? please your reply is urgently needed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (31) (Reply)

How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, / Nigerians React To Sani Dangote Son Engagement To Malaysian Billionaire Daughter / Obi Cubana Buys 2022 Mercedes Benz Maybach S580 Guard 4matic Bulletproof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.