Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,139 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? (61578 Views)

The House Where An Agent Took My Friend To In Lagos (Photo) / The Worth Of Land Surveying / HELP, SOMEONE BORROWED MONEY FROM ME, USED HIS LAND AS COLLATERAL. CAN I SELL? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by wizod(m): 1:25pm On Dec 04, 2023
ITS EITHER A QUARTZ OR A DIAMOND
Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by LikeAking: 1:25pm On Dec 04, 2023
Itโ€™s pure un-cut diamondโ€ฆ

๐Ÿ‘…๐Ÿ‘…๐Ÿ‘…

Na nonesense!

1 Like

Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2023
Quartzite
Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by seborrhic: 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2023
Nland gone..
I doubt if diamond are that easily sourced from surface soils.
It maybe another variety of mineral like quartz as someone suggested.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by Sibbb: 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2023
Thatโ€™s a quartzite schists with a bit of Muscovite mica, no good economic value

13 Likes

Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by advanceDNA: 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2023
WealthyNigerian:
Attached to this Post are unsatisfactory screenshots of some answers given to him on the other platform.
Some of the Answers that he got on Facebook:

Looks abit like quartz or aquamarine..... If it is ..that size can fetch u good money....trading it na the issue...the players in the market are cutthroat people

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by NaijaGoBetter2: 1:27pm On Dec 04, 2023
According to Google, that stone is known as: "ELESTIAL ENHYDRO SMOKY QUARTZ MULTIPLE BUBBLE DOUBLE TERMINATED DT CRYSTAL POINT" Let me as the image that looks close to your stone.... It's value (par the size you display) is around ยฃ100 which is around #146,000 naira.

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by Isholad11(m): 1:28pm On Dec 04, 2023
Exactly location please, I won test something
Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by Pathokpo: 1:28pm On Dec 04, 2023
Oga just Google lens am or go Reddit

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by rhames(m): 1:28pm On Dec 04, 2023
Westerhoffe:

That's a Quartz, not a Diamond.

Exactly. I initially thought it was an onyx.
Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by Cincinnatus: 1:29pm On Dec 04, 2023
Quartzite

1 Like

Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by ednut1(m): 1:29pm On Dec 04, 2023
WealthyNigerian:
cry
No mind am!

Seun, Nlmod,, Nlfpmod,, justwis, Frozen, Dominiq
Ednut help do the needful so that we would know what this really is.
why u dey tag me I resemble Nigerian mining cadastre ๐Ÿ˜†

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by chukwuma234: 1:29pm On Dec 04, 2023
WealthyNigerian:
He found this and was advised to post it on Facebook so that those that knows much about treasure stones and minerals would help him identify it. But unfortunately, non of the comments has ascertained what exact treasure or stone this is.

I know that there are many greatly knowledgeable People on Nairaland that would be able to tell us what this is and it's value. I'm sending this Thread's Link to him immediately now so that he would follow the discussion to know it's value for certain. And so that he would take the necessary security steps in guarding that his Landed Property for the massive natural Wealth which this may indicate is abundantly there.

I'm sure that we shall be able to get our assured confirmation here. So, great Nairalanders, what do you think this is and its value?

Looks like Opal stone. You should google search Opal stones

1 Like

Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by rexchazy(m): 1:29pm On Dec 04, 2023
Am suspecting gypsum but pictorial view is not sufficient enough to ascertain a particular mineral even google lens de make mistake. More satisfactory is detailed laboratory analysis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by TheZeezle(m): 1:29pm On Dec 04, 2023
Lol this werey dey find precious stone... U and ur guy needs to change una dealer Asap

6 Likes

Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by sonofthunder: 1:30pm On Dec 04, 2023
Agbadocassava:
Dis stone plenty for my backyard in Osun

grin grin cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by abbeyd2(m): 1:30pm On Dec 04, 2023
That's Naija for you ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ
Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by Juniorangel(m): 1:30pm On Dec 04, 2023
Just stone
Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by IamAtikulate: 1:32pm On Dec 04, 2023
That's Quartz.

It's an alternative for granite for kitchen countertops because it's cheaper than granite and marble. What you have won't cost more than $100, that's if the person like you. Normally, a square foot is between $40 and $80. If you are selling to Nigerian that knows the value just pray for 50k.

I am not sure you'll even get up to that.

At best, you'll get 5k for your troubles.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by Patriotsleague: 1:32pm On Dec 04, 2023
wizod:
ITS EITHER A QUARTZ OR A DIAMOND
Definitely not a diamond

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by Cortexhills99: 1:33pm On Dec 04, 2023
Thatโ€™s a Quartz. The crack on it should just tell you it canโ€™t be diamond. You can browse the uses of quartz but no one needs it like you might be thinking. There is a lot here in Jos.

6 Likes

Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by Think9ja(m): 1:33pm On Dec 04, 2023
Falseprofet2:
Might be worth something
Might be worthless

If any geology dept is near you. Take it there

But don't be surprised its just stone. We sometimes over rate things like this in nigeria.

I came to modify my response. The person above telling you to use google lens gave the best response. Forget the clown telling you its diamond, abi Pt pestala. Thats how some Nigerians claim all the minerals on earth are in Nigeria. Its self delusion

You can also use this geology apphttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.picturerock.rock

Everybody de find mineral resources for him land
Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by Pootle: 1:33pm On Dec 04, 2023
Agbadocassava:
Dis stone plenty for my backyard in Osun

very true

1 Like

Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by adisabarber(m): 1:34pm On Dec 04, 2023
This thing full Plateau state

WealthyNigerian:
He found this and was advised to post it on Facebook so that those that knows much about treasure stones and minerals would help him identify it. But unfortunately, non of the comments has ascertained what exact treasure or stone this is.

I know that there are many greatly knowledgeable People on Nairaland that would be able to tell us what this is and it's value. I'm sending this Thread's Link to him immediately now so that he would follow the discussion to know it's value for certain. And so that he would take the necessary security steps in guarding that his Landed Property for the massive natural Wealth which this may indicate is abundantly there.

I'm sure that we shall be able to get our assured confirmation here. So, great Nairalanders, what do you think this is and its value?

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by NaijaCover(m): 1:34pm On Dec 04, 2023
Na 5naira
Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by Chiefwandungu(m): 1:35pm On Dec 04, 2023
It's Quartz. Not that valuable, but..........

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by Babangidapikin: 1:35pm On Dec 04, 2023
Pootle:

very true

Which area in Osun
Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by Bluntemperor: 1:37pm On Dec 04, 2023
nairavsdollars:
My God. That's platinum pestala. When polished, that's worth 20million dollars

I think along your gesture - when polished'.
OP should just take his time- it may be a hidden Treasure! So,keep it well!

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by AfroBeatDiary: 1:37pm On Dec 04, 2023
WealthyNigerian:

This is an high quality lithum

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself / My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time / Elegant 3 Bedroom Bungalow Construction On Half Plot - Lekki (with Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.