Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University (31474 Views)

Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? / Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? / Chideraa Njoku Graduates From Indian University, Bags First Class, Gets A Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by LivingSage: 3:30pm On Dec 05, 2023
That's just it.
Uyiosa shocked
Uyi168:
the same Nigerian universities where people bagged first class??

most times, people often become more serious with their life when they relocate.
its not everytime we blame the system. The fault can also come from the individuals.

1 Like

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by Eriokanmi: 3:32pm On Dec 05, 2023
Tajbol4splend:
In Nigeria Universities, grades are not awarded based on how good you are, it's about how much you can copy and paste your Lecturer's handout during exams, I literally don't like it, it doesn't encourage students getting better than the lecturers themselves, thus making us stagnant
Not even only that....the handout you bought carries some marks. Exam could be 55% while the handout is 30 and Test/CA is 15%. Anyone who buys the handout has scored 30% automatically. If you now struggled to score 40% in the exam, 30% from the handout and 10% from the CA, that's distinction already.

Education in Nigeria is for the highest bidder. No matter how hard you tried , if you didn't buy their handout, you'd never score an A. This is why I respect those with 2.2 and 3rd class more. The majority of them were first class and distinction materials. They must have been frustrated by the system to score low. In a decent and right environment, they always prove their mettle. We've heard of several of them here before on NL. I've seen a 2.1 graduate who failed our aptitude test woefully. Some couldn't even speak good English.

2 Likes

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by jaxxy(m): 3:41pm On Dec 05, 2023
sky is the limit. Congrats
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by BBIA: 3:43pm On Dec 05, 2023
PedoBear:
I can't stop imagining her mouth on my covk
Collect one bottle of Origin. cool
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by fabolouz1(m): 3:51pm On Dec 05, 2023
If you can survive our university system, you can survive anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by jeff1607(m): 4:12pm On Dec 05, 2023
She did well
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by Poanan: 4:22pm On Dec 05, 2023
misreal:
Yeah.
That is the sadistic nature of Nigerian universities.

Dont mind them ask them very well how they got it. I have a few Nigerians around me talking this rubbish meanwhile they dont write exams and they contract all their course work out and turn around to say this rubbish.
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by sulaak(m): 4:27pm On Dec 05, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

ScholarshipRegion

If you work hard and end up with a 3rd class, it doesn't mean you are an Olodo. 3rd Class is still an honour degree, and investing in a post-graduate degree will justify that you weren't a lazy student. Maybe you weren't ready for a graduate degree at that time.

1 Like

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by omolola12345(m): 4:29pm On Dec 05, 2023
Thank God she has a strong family background. The Nigerian University would have written something else about her. Destroy her healthy self image and turn her to a mediocre. Thank God she had the opportunity to prove the department in Nigeria wrong that she got brain and she is not a mediocre.

1 Like

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by spy24(m): 4:35pm On Dec 05, 2023
Pristine664:

UK no be Yankee again??

It is US that is referred to as Yankee
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by Chosimba: 4:43pm On Dec 05, 2023
misreal:
Yeah.

People got first class in her class
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by adecz: 4:47pm On Dec 05, 2023
Black man is very good in cramming
without understanding..

We get the certificate qualifications but go to
China to buy technologies developed by
local technicians or uneducated artisans.

Even the oyibo who came last in this
Nigerian's class will make name in the
future, while our First class recipient
will come back to Nigeria and disappear
into oblivion😐😐😐

1 Like

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by izubext007: 4:51pm On Dec 05, 2023
What do u expect from a religious state like Nigeria.
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by StraightGaay: 4:53pm On Dec 05, 2023
PedoBear:

Yea and your mom too
Pedophile
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by PedoBear: 4:55pm On Dec 05, 2023
StraightGaay:
Pedophile

Nice one fággot
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by Elidrisy20: 4:58pm On Dec 05, 2023
Na lie, the Nigeria University no get name abi?
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by StraightGaay: 5:01pm On Dec 05, 2023
PedoBear:

Nice one fággot
Pedo
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by Agugbadin: 5:32pm On Dec 05, 2023
Computer science is different from strategic and digital marketing. She became more serious having relocated to a different society, she is also more matured now and would put more effort and seriousness to redeem her 3rd class.That's the way it is.
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by femi4: 5:33pm On Dec 05, 2023
IkeIgboNiile:
Near knew you could do masters with a 3rd class. Kudos to her.
USW accepts Hnd

Infact, if your first degree is very good, some schools will accept you into PhD
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by slimmax: 5:33pm On Dec 05, 2023
Na one short winch folo me with carryover from 100L to adding 2 extra years on project. I no go beta for ZM
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by femi4: 5:37pm On Dec 05, 2023
candygist:

Like you and her were roommates ?

Bros, you can be a 3rd class graduate in without having an extra year. Do your math.
She already mentioned that she had two extra years
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by vickydevoka(m): 5:49pm On Dec 05, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

I know of someone who was frustrated by a university to the extent that she ended up with an HNC but now by the grace of God has graduated with distinction in her masters all in the UK.

Ladies carry UK master grad for head knowing fully well it's useless. I hardly see guys flaunting their certificate.
They know fully well they will end up as care worker. So what's the point
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by Powersurge: 6:03pm On Dec 05, 2023
misreal:
Yeah.

Oga na lie. Of she had done what she did in her undergraduate, she go still fail there.
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by CSTRR: 6:17pm On Dec 05, 2023
EDUECO:
It is 100% certain she was victimized in Nigeria!
She said she could have done better before.

So it's probably the fact that she was unserious before.
That's the number one killer of good grades.

It does not means she is unintelligent. It just means she did not put in the work before.
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by CSTRR: 6:20pm On Dec 05, 2023
Plenty of 2:2 graduates in Nigeria have first class brains and potential.

Many of them were outstanding in secondary school.

Unseriousness in the university fucckked them up.

Unless you are a savant with a photographic memory, you need seriousness to achieve good grades regardless of your intelligence.

3 Likes

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by CSTRR: 6:30pm On Dec 05, 2023
Powersurge:

Oga na lie. Of she had done what she did in her undergraduate, she go still fail there.
Exactly.

She decided to change, and it reflected in her performance.

I was maintaining first class CGPA throughout my 100 levels to 300 levels.

Just one semester of madness in 400 levels and with excessive flexing, and my CGPA crashed from 4.74 to 4.44.

I later graduated with 4.47. My greatest regret today.

It was nobody's fault but mine. I had a first class brain, I was cruising on a first class train, everybody including village people expected me to graduate with first class until I fuckkked it up myself.

That's the story of many people.

2 Likes

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by lexy2014: 6:46pm On Dec 05, 2023
Uyi168:

most times, people often become more serious with their life when they relocate.
its not everytime we blame the system. The fault can also come from the individuals.

how do you know that she was unserious when she was studying for her first degree?
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by IkeIgboNiile(m): 6:47pm On Dec 05, 2023
femi4
USW accepts Hnd

Infact, if your first degree is very good, some schools will accept you into PhD

Wow....really. USW is in which country?
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by lexy2014: 6:47pm On Dec 05, 2023
Powersurge:

what did she do in her undergraduate years?
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by CSTRR: 6:49pm On Dec 05, 2023
lexy2014:

what did she do in her undergraduate years?
I carried this burden for years knowing I could have done better. Knowing I was not an OLODO," she said.

That's the statement of someone that was not serious before.
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by yommen: 6:49pm On Dec 05, 2023
Uyi168:

I don't care if I offend anybody. See that Nigeria university where some people bag first from is the one Nigerians are protesting that they can't pay N150k to as yearly fees but will willingly pay up to N15 Million naira to UK schools. See disparity na. Some of this students will still flaunt used iPhone of 250-300k on that same campus. We are not serious as a people at all.

2 Likes

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by VULCAN(m): 7:05pm On Dec 05, 2023
Just imagine someone staying in his house and without any facts on hand has concluded on 6yrs of someone's life.

The world is full of useless people.

There are so many possible reasons for her poor results in Nigeria.

She might have been sickly, she might have refused the advances of her HOD, she might have had serious financial woes.

Chaii

The wickedness in the heart of most Africans is extra strength.

Herkim:
We need to be sincere, She was not serious and dedicated to her studies while she was doing first degree in Nigeria.. You could imagine she had 2 years extra for carry over courses.

Kudos to you, for making your parents to be proud of you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Steps To Take Your Career To The Next Level / COVID-19 Second Wave: All Schools In Nigeria Closed Till 18 January 2021 / University Of Abuja Postgraduate Forms On Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.