Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,113 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Why Relationships And Marriages Don’t Last Long Again - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Relationships And Marriages Don’t Last Long Again (599 Views)

Is This Why Relationships Are Stressful? / Why Marriage Don't Last Long Again / Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Relationships And Marriages Don’t Last Long Again by Awesome6s: 8:05pm On Dec 05, 2023
Relationships and marriages face numerous challenges that contribute to their shortened durations in contemporary society. One prominent factor is the fast-paced nature of modern life, where individuals are often engrossed in demanding careers and hectic schedules.

This can lead to insufficient time and energy devoted to nurturing the relationship, causing emotional distance and misunderstandings

READ MORE: https://crispng.com/why-relationships-and-marriages-dont-last-long-again/

Re: Why Relationships And Marriages Don’t Last Long Again by efficiencie(m): 1:40am On Dec 06, 2023
The fast paced nature of modern life isn't the problem. The problem is the erosion of an understanding of the purpose of marriage, the role of a husband and the role of a wife. Many ladies get married for the sake of getting married, as an bridge to financial security or for the sake of having children while men often get married for looks, sex and/or financial support. These flimsy reasons will not hold couples together when they eventually start getting in each other's way. So many either endure as a result of social backlash or they damn the consequences and divorce.

2 Likes

Re: Why Relationships And Marriages Don’t Last Long Again by Deasegun19(m): 5:40am On Dec 06, 2023
I don't even think about marriage.

1 Like

Re: Why Relationships And Marriages Don’t Last Long Again by PoliteActivist: 5:54am On Dec 06, 2023
Awesome6s:

Relationships and marriages face numerous challenges that contribute to their shortened

efficiencie:
The fast paced nature of modern life isn't the problem. The problem is the [b] erosion of an understanding of the purpose of marriage, the role of a husband and the role .

You people forget the most obvious reason:
SOCIAL MEDIA!!!
How many times have we read "I went through his/her whatsapp or timeline or emails" ??

*Politeness*

1 Like

Re: Why Relationships And Marriages Don’t Last Long Again by efficiencie(m): 11:07am On Dec 06, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You people forget the most obvious reason:
SOCIAL MEDIA!!!
How many times have we read "I went through his/her whatsapp or timeline or emails" ??

*Politeness*

If husband and wife know their role and the purpose of marriage they will not have social media accounts that contain incriminating material. As for me I don't have secrets as far as my wife is concerned and she doesn't as far as I am concerned. She has access to my phone and she knows my history so I have nothing to hide same as me. I nor dey find wetin nor lost and she too nor dey find wetin nor lost. We good. But when you marry community borehole or you marry cheerful giver then you have to worry about what is going on on their devices.
Re: Why Relationships And Marriages Don’t Last Long Again by Marvellousoy: 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2023
Awesome6s:

Relationships and marriages face numerous challenges that contribute to their shortened durations in contemporary society. One prominent factor is the fast-paced nature of modern life, where individuals are often engrossed in demanding careers and hectic schedules.

This can lead to insufficient time and energy devoted to nurturing the relationship, causing emotional distance and misunderstandings

READ MORE: https://crispng.com/why-relationships-and-marriages-dont-last-long-again/

QUICKLY AND SMARTLY PLACE THIS BET

Total Odd: 2.40

TICKET START: Today @ 4PM

Sportybet Code: 14372A5F

After Success Ticket Chat with me on

24/7 WhatsApp: 0813 665 8841

Its Hard For we to lose a Game of Football, We Studied and Nature the Game with Accuracy.

Re: Why Relationships And Marriages Don’t Last Long Again by PoliteActivist: 12:39pm On Dec 06, 2023
efficiencie:

If husband and wife know their role and the purpose of marriage they will not have social media accounts that contain incriminating material. As for me I don't have secrets as far as my wife is concerned and she doesn't as far as I am concerned. She has access to my phone and she knows my history so I have nothing to hide same as me. I nor dey find wetin nor lost and she too nor dey find wetin nor lost. We good. But when you marry community borehole or you marry cheerful giver then you have to worry about what is going on on their devices.

The question is why so many failed marriages and relationships these days. Number one culprit is social media. Not only in terms of trying to hide, but also comparisons of all types, misunderstandings, seeming easy availablility of better alternatives, etc. Marriages on the brink that could have survived before, social media will guarantee they fail.

*Politeness*

1 Like

Re: Why Relationships And Marriages Don’t Last Long Again by efficiencie(m): 1:43pm On Dec 06, 2023
PoliteActivist:

The question is why so many failed marriages and relationships these days. Number one culprit is social media. Not only in terms of trying to hide, but also comparisons of all types, misunderstandings, seeming easy availablility of better alternatives, etc. Marriages on the brink that could have survived before, social media will guarantee they fail.

*Politeness*

If you know your role you will not compare yourself with someone else. Wetin consign steering wheel with brake. Many men and women don't know what they are supposed to be doing in a marriage. It is said that when purpose is not known abuse is inevitable. Social media is just a catalyst and not a cause. Those whose marriage are going fine also have social media accounts and it has been a tool for enhancement for them but those whose marital foundations are already weak due to a lack of understanding of the purpose of marriage and their role within it will easily fail to sustain their marriage. Before social media became a thing marriages were failing. Many of our mothers and fathers who didn't have access to social media basically endured their marriage rather than enjoying it.
Re: Why Relationships And Marriages Don’t Last Long Again by Evolutionism: 1:43pm On Dec 06, 2023
True, Thanks to Smart Phones and Social Media.

Now the Gender can easily browse thousands of men and choose from varieties.

Oloshoism business is booming.
Re: Why Relationships And Marriages Don’t Last Long Again by PoliteActivist: 2:04pm On Dec 06, 2023
efficiencie:

If you know your role you will not compare yourself with someone else. Wetin consign steering wheel with brake. Many men and women don't know what they are supposed to be doing in a marriage. It is said that when purpose is not known abuse is inevitable. Social media is just a catalyst and not a cause. Those whose marriage are going fine also have social media accounts and it has been a tool for enhancement for them but those whose marital foundations are already weak due to a lack of understanding of the purpose of marriage and their role within it will easily fail to sustain their marriage. Before social media became a thing marriages were failing. Many of our mothers and fathers who didn't have access to social media basically endured their marriage rather than enjoying it.

I think you sorta miss the thrust of the question - why do more marriages fail THESE DAYS??
All those things you mentioned were there before social media.
See below

*Politeness*

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help My Boss For Any Diabetes Cures / 7 Signs He Has No Feelings For You (even If You Think They Do) / 25 November 2023, When My Bad Dream Come To Pass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.