Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,115 members, 7,811,135 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria (521 Views)

Hausa Tribe Is Not A Religion: A Clarification. By Abubakar Sadiq Malumfashi . / Who Are These Unknown Gunmen In Southern Nigeria, A Blessing In Disguise? / Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by GuyWise101(m): 8:50pm On Dec 05, 2023
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

We are biggening to ask intelligent questions concerning especially the Christian religion since I was brought up as a Christian.

I love how some of my generation who have awoken are now biggening to ask questions about this bible god and his so called son jesus or whatever brought to us by people who enslaved us for 400yrs.

How the Europeans used a fiction book called bible to deceive us and are still deceiving us in this 21st century, while they (Europeans) are building castles and beautifying their place because they know fully well that there is nowhere called heaven or hell.

We must as a matter of urgency ask for forgiveness to our ancestors because we have wronged them so much by insulting and calling them evil

2 Likes

Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by GuyWise101(m): 8:53pm On Dec 05, 2023

Come out of that shit called religion because there is no single truth in it.

Religion was created to keep people in bondage.

3 Likes

Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by immortalcrown(m): 8:53pm On Dec 05, 2023
GuyWise101:

We are biggening to ask intelligent questions concerning especially the Christian religion since I was brought up as a Christian.

I love how some of my generation who have awoken are now biggening to ask questions about this bible god and his so called son jesus or whatever brought to us by people who enslaved us for 400yrs.

How the Europeans used a fiction book called bible to deceive us and are still deceiving us in this 21st century, while they (Europeans) are building castles and beautifying their place because they know fully well that there is nowhere called heaven or he'll.
The same way Babalawo deceives your boys into killing girls for money ritual. Was Babalawo shrine introduced by the Europeans?

1 Like

Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by GuyWise101(m): 8:58pm On Dec 05, 2023
immortalcrown:
The same way Babalawo deceives your boys into killing girls for money ritual. Was Babalawo shrine introduced by the Europeans?

That's why we are sensitising our people that there's no spirit that gives wealth but hard work and sincerity which our forefathers told us about

3 Likes

Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by HappyPagan: 8:59pm On Dec 05, 2023
immortalcrown:
Have you done ritual before? Have you visited babalawo before? Or na Nollywood and media stories full your kpotokpoto head?
Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by shortgun(m): 8:59pm On Dec 05, 2023
Thank God for God, if not for prayers and intersessions it would have been worse than this.
Again, morally upright people are shaped by religion, take religion away and everyone will become ruthless, wicked, unforgiving and merciless.

There's a reason politicians court religious leaders....

1 Like

Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by immortalcrown(m): 9:00pm On Dec 05, 2023
GuyWise101:

That's why we are sensitising our people that there's no spirit that gives wealth but hard work and sincerity which our forefathers told us about
Then, why does your post refer to only the Europe and the holy book the Europeans introduced to Africa?
Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by immortalcrown(m): 9:01pm On Dec 05, 2023
HappyPagan:

Have you done ritual before? Have you visited babalawo before? Or na Nollywood and media stories full your kpotokpoto head?
Is it only in Nollywood that Nigerian girls get killed for rituals?
Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by GuyWise101(m): 9:02pm On Dec 05, 2023

The Nigeria pastors and bishops have deceived us for so long and it's now time to wake up my people.

Olive oil and water cannot heal but our Christian leaders are giving us these items.
Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by GuyWise101(m): 9:04pm On Dec 05, 2023
shortgun:
Thank God for God, if not for prayers and intersessions it would have been worse than this.
Again, morally upright people are shaped by religion, take religion away and everyone will become ruthless, wicked, unforgiving and merciless.

There's a reason politicians court religious leaders....

That's where the police and security forces comes in

1 Like

Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by HappyPagan: 9:08pm On Dec 05, 2023
immortalcrown:
Is it only in Nollywood that Nigerian girls get killed for rituals?
Have you done these rituals? Have you visited Babalawo?
Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by GuyWise101(m): 9:08pm On Dec 05, 2023
immortalcrown:
Then, why does your post refer to only the Europe and the holy book the Europeans introduced to Africa?

Because white people who brought their fake religion are also the same that brought greediness to our land and please there is nothing holy about that fake book called bible

1 Like

Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by immortalcrown(m): 9:09pm On Dec 05, 2023
HappyPagan:

Have you done these rituals? Have you visited Babalawo?
I have not done it but it happens and I hear it a lot on the news.

Now, was Babalawo shrine introduced by the Europeans?
Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by immortalcrown(m): 9:10pm On Dec 05, 2023
GuyWise101:

Because white people who brought their fake religion are also the same that brought greediness to our land and please there is nothing holy about that fake book called bible
Was Babalawo brought by the white men?
Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by Whalis: 9:12pm On Dec 05, 2023
GuyWise101:

How the Europeans used a fiction book called bible to deceive us and are still deceiving us in this 21st century, while they (Europeans) are building castles and beautifying their place because they know fully well that there is nowhere called heaven or hell.

We must as a matter of urgency ask for forgiveness to our ancestors because we have wronged them so much by insulting and calling them evil
If you believe ancestors exist why doubt the existence of God and Jesus?
Be careful!
Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by shortgun(m): 9:13pm On Dec 05, 2023
GuyWise101:

That's where the police and security forces comes in
Don't make me laugh. grin

If 50% of citizens in any country decides to become lawless and frequently engages in criminal actions no amount of law enforcement can save the country.
The number of law enforcement officers in Nigeria is not up to 2million; compare that with 100 million lawless citizens in a country of over 200 million.
Law enforcement will be totally overwhelmed, this is why religion is necessary.
Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by GuyWise101(m): 9:17pm On Dec 05, 2023
Whalis:

If you believe ancestors exist why doubt the existence of God and Jesus?
Be careful!
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

The bible god who is incoherent and speaks with two mouth is not in existence, the bible was cooked up by white people to deceive the black man and some of the text in the old testament are the black man way of life.

Your jesus said in matthew that he came to destroy.
Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by GuyWise101(m): 9:20pm On Dec 05, 2023
shortgun:

Don't make me laugh. grin

If 50% of citizens in any country decides to become lawless and frequently engages in criminal actions no amount of law enforcement can save the country.
The number of law enforcement officers in Nigeria is not up to 2million; compare that with 100 million lawless citizens in a country of over 200 million.
Law enforcement will be totally overwhelmed, this is why religion is necessary.

There is moral and people knew what was wrong and right before the white man came to our land, so morals will return when we get things in order in Africa... don't tell that a man living fine with uninterrupted electricity and good road and all basic amenities at his doorstep will still go ahead and kill to steal.
Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by GuyWise101(m): 9:27pm On Dec 05, 2023

Incase you don't know the bible was approved by King James a British king and the bible also told us that it's hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of god but king James family are one the richest people in the whole world....
Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by Whalis: 9:27pm On Dec 05, 2023
GuyWise101:

Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

The bible god who is incoherent and speaks with two mouth is not in existence, the bible was cooked up by white people to deceive the black man and some of the text in the old testament are the black man way of life.

Your jesus said in matthew that he came to destroy.
Condemn religion don't just pick out the Bible.
Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by GuyWise101(m): 9:29pm On Dec 05, 2023
Whalis:

Condemn religion don't just pick out the Bible.

My aim is for my people to open their eyes we have been lied for too long
Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by lwisee: 9:38pm On Dec 05, 2023
GuyWise101:

How is it a fiction. Most of the places mention in the Bible exist till today.
Most of the stories were also confirmed to be true.
Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by lwisee: 9:41pm On Dec 05, 2023
GuyWise101:

Incase you don't know the bible was approved by King James a British king and the bible also told us that it's hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of god but king James family are one the richest people in the whole world....

You are not making sense bro
The first Bible compilation was done around 380AD.
King James approved the English version of the Bible
Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by GuyWise101(m): 9:45pm On Dec 05, 2023
lwisee:

How is it a fiction. Most of the places mention in the Bible exist till today.
Most of the stories were also confirmed to be true.

That's why it's a fiction story...now let me give example

if I write a fiction story in this 2023 about a President called Tinubu who ruled a country called Nigeria and put a fiction like that 'he raped 300 women in one day' and stole a golden calf and ran to Cameroon' do you know that people reading my book in 3023 will believe me because there was actually a country called Nigeria and Cameroon and a man called Tinubu actually ruled the country..... that's how the bible was written.
Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by lwisee: 9:45pm On Dec 05, 2023
All I know is that we shouldn't be blind folder by religion.

The ultimate truth is that God (Jehovah) exist and he's the creator of the universe.
What's is wrong with Nigerian Christian is the way our pastors interprete the Bible. They make us believe that you can get everything you want through miracle instead of hardwork.
They make us believe that prayer can make our leaders act right.
God has given us free-will, he hardly interfere in our decisions that's why we are different from Angels
Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by GuyWise101(m): 9:50pm On Dec 05, 2023

How could a god who's all knowing created man in his own image and within the space of one year he start regretting why he created man?
Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by shortgun(m): 9:51pm On Dec 05, 2023
GuyWise101:

There is moral and people knew what was wrong and right before the white man came to our land, so morals will return when we get things in order in Africa... don't tell that a man living fine with uninterrupted electricity and good road and all basic amenities at his doorstep will still go ahead and kill to steal.
I agree but morality goes together with justice and equity.
Before the white man we Africans lived in a morally upright and a just society. There was no tribalism, injustice or corruption. Today the story is different, we are divided along ethnic lines and tribalism is the order of the day, no society will make any meaningful progress with this backward thinking.
Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by GuyWise101(m): 9:52pm On Dec 05, 2023
lwisee:
All I know is that we shouldn't be blind folder by religion.

The ultimate truth is that God (Jehovah) exist and he's the creator of the universe.
What's is wrong with Nigerian Christian is the way our pastors interprete the Bible. They make us believe that you can get everything you want through miracle instead of hardwork.
They make us believe that prayer can make our leaders act right.
God has given us free-will, he hardly interfere in our decisions that's why we are different from Angels

There are higher beings who created the universe but that fake bible and quoran god who took other people's glory and bragged that he created everything in six days..... he didn't create anything
Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by Mbanda(m): 10:04pm On Dec 05, 2023
GuyWise101:

This one you're sounding like this, are you a follower of maazi dibia?
Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by GuyWise101(m): 10:06pm On Dec 05, 2023

The bible god claimed that he created heaven and earth, sun and moon but he didn't brag for creating Uranus and Pluto because science haven't discovered those ones when the whites wrote the bible
Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by GuyWise101(m): 10:07pm On Dec 05, 2023
Mbanda:
This one you're sounding like this, are you a follower of maazi dibia?

I have been thinking on my own since 6yrs ago but I do follow mazi
Re: Is Religion A Curse Or A Blessing In Nigeria by shortgun(m): 10:08pm On Dec 05, 2023
GuyWise101:

There are higher beings who created the universe but that fake bible and quoran god who took other people's glory and bragged that he created everything in six days..... he didn't create anything
Okay, what is/are the names of the "higher beings" that created the universe?
How can you tell of their existence?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Terms Ahead Of 2027. With Or Without Wike I Can Deliver / Only Those That Are Financially Rich Can End Bad Leadersip In Nigeria / Obaseki Ensured That Edo PDP Governorship Primaries Was Not Transparent -ojezua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.