Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen (11389 Views)

Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School โ€“ Adeleke / Enugu Govt Warns Against Destruction Of Miliken Hills, Other Natural Heritage / Three Reasons Why Negotiations With Bandits Led To More Attacks by Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by Zeebuy: 5:51am On Dec 07, 2023
humilitypays:
Fake news.

I am currently at Ipetumodu and I was at Ilesa 2 days ago, while I and some of my friends were at Ifelodun last week, and a week before I spent all my week at Ile Ife and Modakeke and I can tell you that Osun is very peaceful not like Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi and Abia where unknown gunmen don't even allow Omo Igbo to come out from Monday to Sunday shocked

Dey there dey mumu yourself. Oshogbo will soon fall to your Fulani masters just as illorin did

1 Like

Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by Zeebuy: 5:52am On Dec 07, 2023
NAC1666:

They have not seen anything yet. When the southeast was complaining about Fulani's headsman,the southwest was laughing. It's there turn to enjoy the crop destructions

The difference is that the SE did something about it. These people won't do nada
Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by HRMK: 5:56am On Dec 07, 2023
HERDSMEN AGAIN!!
Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by Zeebuy: 5:59am On Dec 07, 2023
nairalanda1:
One thing I find about any thread involving herdsmen is that at the end of the day, the comments usually boil down to

1.One group of people mocking another group of people.

2.A long treatsie on how Nigeria belongs to the Fulanis...and how Fulanis are conspiring to rule the world or something.

3.A long treatsie about how this means we should break up Nigeria, and so forth

4.Let's go on a genocide against Fulanis

5. You are a Fulani or a tinubu slave...or a buhari slave.

Yet, no one wants to discuss solutions.

The fact is, it is the refusal to consider solutions for decades that has brought us to this mess. Fulani v farmer did not start today, it started decades ago, long before GEJ or Buhari thought about coming back to power. It is basically a land management issue. It is also an issue of fulanis refusing to modernise cattle rearing, the population growing too large,and the amount of land growing too small

Now, in 1940, no one heard of Fulanis and farmers fighting. In 1940, there were just 40 million Nigerians. Now, there are somewhere abound 200 million of us. On the same piece of land. That has not grown since 1940....

The thing is, we got to do things like

1.Cattle ranching

2.Focus on railways . So that cattle would be transported by rail, not by walking around

3.Fulanis got to modernise now.

4.Farmers got to do things like crop rotation, land conservation, planting more trees, etc...

5.We got to take the threat of the Sahara expanding serious. Not the one where someone comes and plants a few trees...that does not do much.

6. Fund the police and the judiciary better. No state police or millita is going to do a good job...because we are a tribal society, and there would be severe bias. State police works in the USA, because most everyone, excepting the Native Americans, are immigrants...and because states in the US rely heavily on investment by companies to grow their funds (One state governor in the US was declared a success because he attracted investors to build factories in two years. Major global investors. Guy was proposed as a future presidental candidate, but he said no)...so their state police works better.

But you know what, no one is going to listen. And I fully expect to be called a Fulani slave, a tinubu slave, a hypocrite, a supporter of fulani atrocities (Note...I have said nowhere in this post that Fulani bandits and herdsmen are doing God;s work and we should praise them when they kill farmers...anyone killing anyone is a brutal murderer who deserves to be punished).....because the average Nairalander is not interested in serious discussion. All they know is kvethcing and kvethcing and campaigning for their politican of choice.

But then, if we all did serious discussion, at the end, no one is listening. No one important, that is. We don't control the levers of power, we are just ordinary citizens....nothing would change. Cynicism takes over, and we just succumb to bitterness, or anger, or praise singing.

But even then, whatever you think of me, whatever you think of them, whether you think this post is justifying fulanis, or not, or whether you think I am an APC supporter, or a hypocrite, you will agree with me that enough is enough, and itis time that people...not government, or rather not just government....sat down and started doing some serious things about this matter. Too many people are dying , being molested and hurt on both sides. Time for solutions.

But then again, Nigerians don't do solutions. They just want their side to win, so that master can feed them crumbs from the table. APC or PDP, OR LP, or whatever...

Sigh.

The truth is the government won't do nothing concerning this issue, except give press conferences.
When the South Easterners started ESN to curtail this herdsmen menace, these same people mocked them when police and army attack ESN. The posts are here all over SW. One Yoruba elder (can't remember his name) once said the SW forests have been taken over by herders, these same people shouted him down here on nairaland.
When Pa Fasoranti's daughter was murdered by herdsmen, Tinubu said "where are the cows? Is Evans a herdsman?" thereby trying to deflect the blame to the Igbos and absolving the fulanis, whose political influence he needed.

Do you now see the genesis of these snide remarks you see here?

Most of my Yoruba brethren are content with attacking Igbos while their own house burns. Look at this post, change the title to Anambra or Enugu and you'll see LeoDeKing, Helinues and other ingrates jump into the thread to say rubbish but they're silent because this one affects Yoruba land.

The Yorubas know the fulanis are taking over their region through violent conquest but they don't seem bothered by that, their problem is the Igbos who are building houses and doing businesses in yorubaland and elsewhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by Zeebuy: 6:00am On Dec 07, 2023
12inchess:
It gladdens my heart to see that Obidients aka ayiri Omo ipod are still wailing in the comments about Yoruba because we didn't vote for their fraudulent PO.They are still pained and in deep mental trauma. Its a pleasure to behold. If you like bring 20 POs we will not vote for them. Call us tribalist. We will vote for our own person and you too vote for your own person. Chikena. And that ๐Ÿคก called GRV looking for how to turn Lagos fully into no man's land we dey ready for am.
Hahahahahahhaha......stay there and be looking at Obidients while herdsmen conquer your lands.

Lolzzzzz. Una no dey shame shaa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by NSK4U(m): 6:23am On Dec 07, 2023
lapintoz:

Same thing is happening in Enugu as we speak. Your IPOB farmers have given up so cannot even protest.

I heard the flat head in DSS custody is begging for mercy ๐Ÿ˜

Which Enugu please. Enugu is my state and I am right inside the state, where exactly are the herdsmen operating against the state and its farmers?

2 Likes

Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by 12inchess: 6:27am On Dec 07, 2023
onumadu:

Oga please stop bothering us with your preaching.
Preach to your lunatic brother below who hates GRV whose only crime is to have an Igbo mother.

If you haven't noticed in Nigeria it is every region for itself.
That is why in the East, even smallest villages stand their grounds against these invaders.
Grow some balls and do the same, and stop lamenting and preaching fake unity that even you don't believe in.
Ehen so you know all this abi? But you can't caution all your ipod brothers that started calling the farmers Fulani slaves and what not. So you just remembered that it's no only SW the herdsmen attack. But your ipod brothers are quick to turn everything to a voting for Tinubu matter and calling Yoruba Fulani slaves because we voted for our own tribe person. Abeg abeg.
Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by 12inchess: 6:29am On Dec 07, 2023
Zeebuy:

Hahahahahahhaha......stay there and be looking at Obidients while herdsmen conquer your lands.

Lolzzzzz. Una no dey shame shaa
Let them conquer it..Is it your land?How he take concern you. Stick to your poto poto republic. And let us do whatever with like with ours.Lagos will never be yours. It's Yoruba that own Lagos. Today, tomorrow and Forever.

1 Like

Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by gidgiddy: 6:36am On Dec 07, 2023
Where is Amotekun?
Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by duduade: 6:38am On Dec 07, 2023
Blitzerz:

Yea
The governor is in charge of police and military

He will work on it
Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by Zeebuy: 6:45am On Dec 07, 2023
12inchess:
Let them conquer it..Is it your land?How he take concern you. Stick to your poto poto republic. And let us do whatever with like with ours.Lagos will never be yours. It's Yoruba that own Lagos. Today, tomorrow and Forever.
Hahahahahah....... wetin concern Igbo man and owning Lagos?

Do you see how foolish you lots are? Fulani is coming with violent conquest, the Binis are claiming your land too, but it's the igbo man who just wants to do his business that's your problem.

Anyways, wetin concern me? It's comedic relief to me watching y'all bark like rabid dogs at the igbos while your region is getting shared by other tribes.

Anyways, tell your brothers to stop complaining and get conquered by the fulanis in peace.

Daft dolts

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by SisterAnn(f): 7:04am On Dec 07, 2023

1 Like

Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by SisterAnn(f): 7:05am On Dec 07, 2023
UndilutedTruth1:

oya send am.
Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by GABRIEL6036: 7:23am On Dec 07, 2023
I have not seen any positive impact from this Adeleke Government so far.. May God save us from empty promises.
Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by orisa37: 7:24am On Dec 07, 2023
TINUBU MUST BE PRESSURISED TO ADOPT FAPRES FOTCS AND CTC FOCS TRFG AND STOP THESE NONSENSE ONCE AND FOR ALL.
Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by Brushstrokes20: 7:49am On Dec 07, 2023
Sunday igboho bravely and singlehandedly fought against this injustice only for the lifeless animal in human skin and his bloodthirsty Apc cohorts to send their killer squad after him!๐Ÿ˜
# the shyyythole being ruled by a bunch of self serving THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS...๐Ÿ’ฏ
But when the people are ready, THE NEEDFUL WILL BE DONE โœ…๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ‘Œ

2 Likes

Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by spiSeyi: 8:08am On Dec 07, 2023
BlackhatMentor:
This world done spoil.

How dare a slave complain to their slave masters?

If it was the good old days those Fulanis would have given them the Mohammed Special treatment

I read somewhere the cone heads learnt the art of head uprooting from their Northern Suya masters.

You and those that like your comment are slowpoke, to even think that some of you guys are becoming fathers and married. A toddler wouldn't think and write like this you need a mental evaluation undecided
Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by Akaegwu(m): 8:08am On Dec 07, 2023
SisterAnn:
grin

"Government please " safe" us.
---Ronu Elders 2023.

grin
The most Educated tribe
Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by adecz: 8:17am On Dec 07, 2023
The Fulani know that the YYariba can
only shout and complain but lack action
because of fear-fearโ—๏ธโ—๏ธ

They no longer try this stuff in Igbo land,
because Igbos na talk & do.

Igboho tried to liberate his people from
the scourge of Fulani on yarriba land, but
got betrayed by his own people as usual.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by smileyoo: 9:45am On Dec 07, 2023
Hence the Fulani -herdsmen terrorists issues are not abetting, because of the FG inertia over their heinous acts.
i suggest that the farmers should imbibe the sense of self defense and proactive stances; employing private security agencies, fencing the walls of the vicinity of the farms and its produce, electrify the fence of the farm vicinity with a warning, that whosoever that want to be electrocuted, can force his way in, to steal and destroy farm products, learn some basic martial arts, for self defense, go to the police and obtain a licensed gun.
Nigerians must invest in their personal safety and stop this childish cries to this irresponsible government.
if only Nigerians can invest half of the amounts they are losing to insecurities every year, on self defense and personal safety, the story will surprisingly change, even without any intervention from the government .
for how long will Nigerians continue to be wailing - wailers ?
Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by ezeudo97817: 10:29am On Dec 07, 2023
Keep voting incompetence.....People who are rich and doi g well with businesses should stop using their Influence and wealth to occupy political offices with zero leadership qualities.Keep voting incompetence.....People who are rich and doi g well with businesses should stop using their Influence and wealth to occupy political offices with zero leadership qualities....
Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by Danjikanbauchi: 10:30am On Dec 07, 2023
The fools are even afraid to mention Fulani name on their display card
Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by lapintoz: 10:54am On Dec 07, 2023
Google the news....herdsmen attack in enugu state....

Culled from punch newspaper

A yet-to-be-ascertained number of people have been reportedly killed in the troubled Ebor, Eha-Amufu community in Isi-Uzo Local Government Area of Enugu State on Sunday by armed herdsmen and their collaborators.

Security sources told our correspondent that the invaders who outnumbered the soldiers and local vigilantes, launched the attack on early Sunday morning, adding that several people were killed.

โ€œAs I speak to you, we are combing bushes in search of the bodies of those killed. I canโ€™t tell now the exact number of people killed.

โ€œFrom the report I received, the armed herdsmen and their collaborators from Benue State communities launched the attack around 5:30 am to 6 am this Sunday morning. Before we got there, several people have been killed.

NSK4U:

Which Enugu please. Enugu is my state and I am right inside the state, where exactly are the herdsmen operating against the state and its farmers?

1 Like

Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by ablejesus26(m): 12:19pm On Dec 07, 2023
SisterAnn:
grin

---Ronu Elders 2023.

grin

Government wey no dey hear anything undecided

Shame and disgrace upon everyone who criticized Jona but stays mute in the face of dis maximum disaster we have for Government and daft drug addict criminal we have as president now.

APC is the worst thing to befall this Country

1 Like

Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by NaijirianKing: 12:40pm On Dec 07, 2023
Everyone has the right to protest, but it must be well guided.

The fighting in this community is more so community clashes with neighboring towns, there's no evidence tying these attacks to Fulani.

Monsignor22:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/12/05/osun-farmers-protest-against-destruction-of-crops-attacks-by-herdsmen/

Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by CorrectionFLuid: 1:43pm On Dec 07, 2023
lapintoz:

Same thing is happening in Enugu as we speak. Your IPOB farmers have given up so cannot even protest.

I heard the flat head in DSS custody is begging for mercy ๐Ÿ˜

I love this. Keep on indicting your south wasted administration. Don't shift goal post later o.
Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by Blackdisciple(m): 3:12pm On Dec 07, 2023
Una dey protest instead of forming heavily armed vigilante against those infidels and haters of mankind you are protesting you think Muslim Muslim ticket was going to help you...
Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by NSK4U(m): 4:03pm On Dec 07, 2023
lapintoz:

Google the news....herdsmen attack in enugu state....

Culled from punch newspaper

A yet-to-be-ascertained number of people have been reportedly killed in the troubled Ebor, Eha-Amufu community in Isi-Uzo Local Government Area of Enugu State on Sunday by armed herdsmen and their collaborators.

Security sources told our correspondent that the invaders who outnumbered the soldiers and local vigilantes, launched the attack on early Sunday morning, adding that several people were killed.

โ€œAs I speak to you, we are combing bushes in search of the bodies of those killed. I canโ€™t tell now the exact number of people killed.

โ€œFrom the report I received, the armed herdsmen and their collaborators from Benue State communities launched the attack around 5:30 am to 6 am this Sunday morning. Before we got there, several people have been killed.

which year and link please.
Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by ariesbull: 11:45am On Dec 08, 2023
Why can't Yoruba people differentiate Save from Safe

Look at the banner. They wrote Safe us

LoL
Re: Osun Farmers Protest Against Destruction Of Crops, Attacks By Herdsmen by ariesbull: 11:47am On Dec 08, 2023
SisterAnn:
grin

---Ronu Elders 2023.

grin
they don't know the difference between safe and save

Awon sophisticated

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe / Army Accuses PREMIUM TIMES Of Supporting Boko Haram / Xenophobic Attacks: Senate & House Of Reps Divided Over South Africa Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.