Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,310 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz (11597 Views)

Meet Mustapha Gajibo Who Converts Petrol Cars To Electric Cars In Borno. / Gazzuzz: Dubious, Insultive And An Arrogant Being / Inside Volkswagens Massive Glass Towers Where 800 New Cars Are Stored For Pickup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by GreaterFuture(m): 11:44am On Dec 08, 2023
windvane:
it has been in use in Lagos since 2008/9...most buses playing mowe ibafo runs on it
Well I'm sure it was already being used in Ghana then, even before this time, just said so that it was a deeply entrenched standard by then
Also I was playing it safe, cos that's when I got Ghana for the first time.
Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:17pm On Dec 08, 2023
Neoteny7:

So why is it required for drivers in some countries to exit their vehicles when refueling?

Very good question,

Your gas cylinder is expected to be able to withstand pressures of 300bar (30mpa/4300psi ) to refill, the pump would exceed the 200bar limit, pump malfunction could make it refill across the 300bar limit which could rupture tanks or pressure lines. Reason why you stand back while refilling.

After filling it's safe to use.

1 Like

Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:30pm On Dec 08, 2023
bdon123:

GAZZUZZ u are a road side mechanic that tinks he knows more than everyone else.Natural gas is my field n i hav years of xperience dealing wit it.I hav personally converted my petrol generator to LPG/petrol as far back as 2016.Its jst a change of carburettor to d gas burning one n its not a rocket science.U are not d only on3 wit knowledge on cars even though i do recognise u hav more knowledge than d average road side mechanic bt nevertheless u still are an upgraded road side mechanic.
My advice to anyone is do no convert ur vehicle yet.convert generators n machines bt dont trust this guys converting cars in naija uet until its proven beyond reasonable doubt to be safe. Gazzuz jst want to make money frm recommending or doing d job.

I guess the govt also wants to make money from the average Nigerian too? grin grin

https://www.thecable.ng/explainer-everything-to-know-about-fgs-cng-vehicles-initiative/amp

Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by Lush100(m): 1:20pm On Dec 08, 2023
No sir
I do not think CNG are safer.

Ask any Fire fighter, the most combustible state of heat (ignition) is the gaseous state.

I'm not saying there are no merits however if u are looking at safety then u may take the electric vehicles .

But again even the government, have they put in place the technical apparatus to fight cars ignited under CNG.?

My 2 kobo
Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by ChristCee: 1:23pm On Dec 08, 2023
Dshocker:

Mr GAZZUZZ you and i know that CNG is more dangerous than Petrol.
Illiteracy is when you have refused to unlearn and relearn.

1 Like

Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by Dshocker(m): 1:27pm On Dec 08, 2023
ChristCee:

Illiteracy is when you have refused to unlearn and relearn.

Illiteracy is when you meddle in an affair your opinion wasn't asked.
Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:27pm On Dec 08, 2023
Lush100:
No sir
I do not think CNG are safer.

Ask any Fire fighter, the most combustible state of heat (ignition) is the gaseous state.

I'm not saying there are no merits however if u are looking at safety then u may take the electric vehicles .

But again even the government, have they put in place the technical apparatus to fight cars ignited under CNG.?

My 2 kobo

Shall we have this argument?

You have a 65L 13cm3 volume of gas that ruptures and starts a projected fire , in 10mins the gas would have burnt out , what will the fire fighter be putting out that he would not if it was a fuel or diesel spill.

There is a difference between fighting an oil well flame , and a vehicle accident gas related flame
Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by onlinediva: 2:14pm On Dec 08, 2023
Something I know since 2014. A bus heading to Osogbo refilled at a filling station facing Mountain of fire ministry headquarters in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by Lush100(m): 2:17pm On Dec 08, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Shall we have this argument?

You have a 65L 13cm3 volume of gas that ruptures and starts a projected fire , in 10mins the gas would have burnt out , what will the fire fighter be putting out that he would not if it was a fuel or diesel spill.

There is a difference between fighting an oil well flame , and a vehicle accident gas related flame

My line of thought is that the gas will be burnt out in 10 mins meaning the vehicle cannot be salvaged from that fire incident whereas in liquid (PMS) though also highly flammable one or 2 items maybe salvaged before totally being burnt (especially where fire extinguisher is used).
Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by diportivo: 2:23pm On Dec 08, 2023
bdon123:

GAZZUZZ u are a road side mechanic that tinks he knows more than everyone else.Natural gas is my field n i hav years of xperience dealing wit it.I hav personally converted my petrol generator to LPG/petrol as far back as 2016.Its jst a change of carburettor to d gas burning one n its not a rocket science.U are not d only on3 wit knowledge on cars even though i do recognise u hav more knowledge than d average road side mechanic bt nevertheless u still are an upgraded road side mechanic.
My advice to anyone is do no convert ur vehicle yet.convert generators n machines bt dont trust this guys converting cars in naija uet until its proven beyond reasonable doubt to be safe.Gazzuz jst want to make money frm recommending or doing d job.

it's obvious u do not know what u are saying

typing all these long ass messages that lacks the minutest substance

an wi iru,oun wi iru

cng....u carry lpg enter the matter

oponu

someone has done conversions on his various vehicles...tested them effectively and efficiently with these tests and subsequent results detailed out on youtube and tiktok but u are advising him to not covert cars yet and start with gen?u no see say ur village people dey dance azonto ontop ur head like say na there dj dey play christmas carnival song?

if only you have taken time to follow the trajectory of his cng threads,u won't be here embarrassing yourself by sounding like a toddler all in the name of "i know better than an upgraded mechanic"

if he wants to make money,e no concern u...e no concern me....laslas its no even money from ITK like you that he has been making and surviving on

you think na play we dey play for here?

eyin eyan jatijati ikeji bingo

ogun gbawaa gi nti dia.

grin grin

4 Likes

Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by ColonelMichael: 3:11pm On Dec 08, 2023
bdon123:

My advice to anyone is do no convert ur vehicle yet.convert generators n machines bt dont trust this guys converting cars in naija uet until its proven beyond reasonable doubt to be safe.Gazzuz jst want to make money frm recommending or doing d job.

THIS TYPE OF JEALOUSY CAN RUPTURE ONES LIVER, DAMN! THE ENVY IS TRIPPLE PADDED, ARE YOU YORUBA?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by ColonelMichael: 3:14pm On Dec 08, 2023
Lush100:

My line of thought is that the gas will be burnt out in 10 mins meaning the vehicle cannot be salvaged from that fire incident whereas in liquid (PMS) though also highly flammable one or 2 items maybe salvaged before totally being burnt (especially where fire extinguisher is used).

Name one or two items that you meant?

1 Like

Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by Deepspirituals: 3:50pm On Dec 08, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
Gazzuzz, are you paid by the FG to propagate the CNG?
What sort of Questions is this ...

1 Like

Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:42pm On Dec 08, 2023
Lush100:

Let's take it again. My gas tank is 6-7mm, what ever will destroy it has to be like a train, what will be left to salvage?

1 Like

Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by jeff1607(m): 5:06pm On Dec 08, 2023
datola:
Good!

No matter the advocacy, a lot will still be averse to change.

I remember some months ago after the removal of petrol subsidy when Mr Gazzuzz showed evidence of LPG better and far cheaper than petrol. We changed all of our generators to LPG and I can say confidently that apart from saving 50% at the initial stage and now about 38% now that LPG price has gone up our generators run smoothly with less noise and smoke.

We have not done any repairs in the last 4 months.

I haven't repaired my generator for the last 8years and still runs on petrol.

1 Like

Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by blowjohn(m): 5:23pm On Dec 08, 2023
Hmm.

Why not go electric?

Cng na deadly thing o.

Gas explosion?

God forbid

1 Like

Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by castins(m): 5:25pm On Dec 08, 2023
Bros, if your not informed, seek for information.
CNG is best and has come to stay in Nigeria.

The company I work for has not less thank 1500 pieces of vehicle, all brand new CNG from India.

Heavy duty trucks is 250 pieces, all use CNG.

I am talking of what we are using presently.

Our power gens are all using CNG now.

The aim is by January 2024, no more use of diesel or petrol in any of our facilities.

mmadu5:
oga go and sit down.. PETROL is highly safer, CNG will not work in Nigeria for many reasons.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by providencia(m): 6:36pm On Dec 08, 2023
Really? Show me one cng car that's not petrol car
Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by ChristCee: 7:52pm On Dec 08, 2023
Dshocker:

Illiteracy is when you meddle in an affair your opinion wasn't asked.
Now I see how very daft you are. It's in your lineage. Someone who couldn't even comprehend very simple analogy.
Besides opinions of all commenters were never really asked for, so if you made a comment, doesn't that affirm my position as you being a big illiterate?
Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:56pm On Dec 08, 2023
Fun fact .

You can buy CNG 247 , there's no closing time. This is me 22:55 after closing really late from work .

1 Like

Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by kowalsky: 11:43pm On Dec 08, 2023
diportivo:

by all mean,stick to your field

by all means,advice every single person u know not to convert

by all mean,gtfoh with your pessimistic low ass bullshit trust issues

it's not as though your validation is needed

i'm waiting for your detailed generator conversion video on youtube....if u can pull it off,dollar will go to 1naira to the dollar grin

My dude. Calm down. You're too old to be Gazuuz's Harley Quinn

2 Likes

Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by PS712: 12:11am On Dec 09, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

E go make sense o! Where the office for collection?
For collaboration purposes, please provide contact. I've sent you DM.
Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:30am On Dec 09, 2023
PS712:

For collaboration purposes, please provide contact. I've sent you DM.

That DM matter very tricky I am very analogue.

Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by lanrefront1(m): 8:48am On Dec 09, 2023
GAZZUZZ:
Fun fact .

You can buy CNG 247 , there's no closing time. This is me 22:55 after closing really late from work .

That's 11 pm. Where is this location?

There only station that sells CNG in lagos environs is NIPCO at Ibafo opposite MFM. And I belive your workshop is at Abule Egba.

So u late Abule Egba for Ibafo late at night?
Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by Lush100(m): 10:51am On Dec 09, 2023
ColonelMichael:

Name one or two items that you meant?

Your savagery is up there.

In realistic terms, i am saying it takes more time for combustion to take place in liquid than in gaseous state.

Sir,

A vehicle I boarded caught fire while driving.
It took about 10 minutes for the car to go up in flames (the sienna didn't have a fire extinguisher.
The igbo o traders were able to pull out all their goods from the boot b4 the car caught flames.
I'm talking about heavy goods in sacks.
Over 13 bags.
I also jumped out. I was sitting at the passenger side. I posted the pics here on NL

In a nutshell , my focus is on safety hazards especially under unplanned conditions and not on affordability or other benefits on CNG over PMS
Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by adeememman(m): 3:44pm On Dec 09, 2023
This thing simple self, it's better if few people are interested in using the CNG. The moment everybody start using it the price will skyrocket. We could see what happened to LPG now since everybody is now using it to cook, from mass production of substandard cylinders to high price.
So if few people embrace it the merrier.
Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by bdon123(m): 4:53pm On Dec 09, 2023
ColonelMichael:

THIS TYPE OF JEALOUSY CAN RUPTURE ONES LIVER, DAMN! THE ENVY IS TRIPPLE PADDED, ARE YOU YORUBA?

I am not yoruba,neither am i igbo.we hav over 3 hundred other languages in naija.
Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by bdon123(m): 4:54pm On Dec 09, 2023
diportivo:

it's obvious u do not know what u are saying

typing all these long ass messages that lacks the minutest substance

an wi iru,oun wi iru

cng....u carry lpg enter the matter

oponu

someone has done conversions on his various vehicles...tested them effectively and efficiently with these tests and subsequent results detailed out on youtube and tiktok but u are advising him to not covert cars yet and start with gen?u no see say ur village people dey dance azonto ontop ur head like say na there dj dey play christmas carnival song?

if only you have taken time to follow the trajectory of his cng threads,u won't be here embarrassing yourself by sounding like a toddler all in the name of "i know better than an upgraded mechanic"

if he wants to make money,e no concern u...e no concern me....laslas its no even money from ITK like you that he has been making and surviving on

you think na play we dey play for here?

eyin eyan jatijati ikeji bingo

ogun gbawaa gi nti dia.

grin grin

I didnt say he has not done it successfully. Bt i prefer not to become a statistic of casualty. I will not convert any car i hav for now as its not tested wit time.

1 Like

Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by bdon123(m): 4:56pm On Dec 09, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

I guess the govt also wants to make money from the average Nigerian too? grin grin

https://www.thecable.ng/explainer-everything-to-know-about-fgs-cng-vehicles-initiative/amp

I said i will buy a vehicle that as as cng bt will never convert as i dont trust d required safeties will be adherred to during conversion. I advice everyone not to convert .if u want cng vehicle ,pls buy bt xcept u like risk...then conversion should be avoided.
Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by bdon123(m): 4:58pm On Dec 09, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Its jst like nigerian govt attempting to go into nuclear power plant wen they hav not successfully run gas powered plant.i will never suggest such a thing.Nigeria millitary that hav been making mistake wit airforce bombings decided to run drone....how e take finishe?120 lives lost n still counting.risk ur life at ur own peril .
Re: CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz by diportivo: 6:27pm On Dec 09, 2023
kowalsky:

My dude. Calm down. You're too old to be Gazuuz's Harley Quinn

oh i can be whatever i want to be.....its not in ur place to decide that

problem with people like u is that u will never see the effort being out into something but will think that idiots talking down the finished product shld be left roaming free like mad yahoo plus boys?

have u seen his videos?do u know the ma u sleepless night that brought those into fruition?

do u even know if i were the one behind the camera at those times?

if you know there things but think i'm doing too much then shame on u

if you do not know,please sit it out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Need Help, My Car Battery Is Draining Itself! / The Need To Have A Tyre Pressure Guage / How Much Is Comprehensive Car Insurance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.