Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. (53066 Views)

See The Goat Meat Pepper Soup I Made To Reciprocate Love To My Female Neighbor / Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) / Photo Of The Oha Soup I Prepared With N850 In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by Ijaya123: 6:12pm On Dec 08, 2023
Probz:

I’m trying to understand the obsession some jealous people have with underplaying the quality of Igbo soups (like them or don’t like them; that’s not the point), so I’m adding my own. I’m taciturn in my speech and prolix in my writing. That’s just how it is.

Why are people having migraines over the fact that Igbos sabi a good soup-thickener in egusi, yam, cocoyam, ofor and achi (etc.)? What’s their own on a thread about oha soup?

Egusi belongs to Yorubas? You’re a funny one indeed. I know what you’re going to say about the word egusi specifically being passed on to Igbo only through Igala (which admittedly makes sense because it’s Anambra and Enugu Igbos who use the word egwusi dialectically the most; in some Imo and Abia tongue-nitty-gritty niches it’s called something different) but that doesn’t mean that the soup itself, whether you wan. call am, isn’t as native to Igbos as it is Yorubas, Hausas, Tivs and Ibibios. The seeds are planted, grown and cooked all over West Africa for God’s sake. No one ethnic group in Nigeria has monopoly on that but the fact remains that the various Igbo ways of making it are better-liked than most of the corresponding Yoruba ones, and argue with that all you like but you know the truth deep-down. Admit it, don’t admit it. That really isn’t my problem.
The word okra itself is derived from the Igbo word okwuru (okwulu/okwuru-npiene) but that doesn’t stop Yorubas from having their own equivalent/s, ila (the best of-which comes from, you guessed it, Ondo), or much of Old World tropics and places between Africa and India using it for centuries before the more universal name for it happened to be christened by one particular language. Does that mean Yorubas didn’t know ila until the name okra/okro went mainstream? Likewise, the whole of Nigeria knows ogbono as just that (Edos and some Igalas value it more than most Igbos; at least one Umuzocha, Awka, village has ogbono as its prized staple and as far as I know that’s the extent of its value beyond the fact that it’s just a convenience-thickener that pairs well with okro) but in Yoruba (at least one particular dialect) it’s called apon, yet it ogbono was being talked about as exclusively an Igbo soup you’d probably be in here reminding us that it’s called apon in Yoruba and was used among you people before the name ogbono per-se became mainstream. Some ignorant Yoruba people with a very myopic, tribal self-aggrandising way of seeing Nigeria even claim ogbono as their invention, forgetting that the very name literally comes from Igbo and that most Nigerians are talking about Igbo ogbono when they talk about ogbono, not apon-trash.

I’m trying to understand the obsessive jealousy here. What I’m also doing is stating it as it is rather than letting my thinking be biased by sentient tribalism. I’m not that kind of person but that Igbos have more variety of traditional food and soups than Yorubas there’s no doubt, even if you try so hard not to admit it or are the kind of person who’d re-elect Tinubu over Obi. I’m not just saying that because I happen to be Igbo.

Gin’s calling my name now so buh-bye. If you still want to find something to argue about, just know that you’ll be arguing with yourself and that is not the sanest way to spend a Friday evening. Nor am I the sort of person to get into a silly tribal argument with. I fight fire and brimstone and I win, because unlike some I actually know what I’m talking about. And I’m not looking through a myopic insular lens to big up any one tribe. I’m way beyond that. I’m very anti-tribalism but I’m also anti-wilful sentient ignorance.

With the way you’re working overtime on this Yoruba matter, I can see the obsession is indeed real.

Quite understandably though, you can only be obsessed with what you aspire to be like.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by Kaiser145(m): 6:15pm On Dec 08, 2023
That soup na amadioha soup 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by Probz(m): 6:15pm On Dec 08, 2023
Ijaya123:

With the way you’re working overtime on this Yoruba matter, I can see the obsession is indeed real.

Quite understandably though, you can only be obsessed with what you aspire to be like.

No real argument but cheap jibes as a weak defense just for the sake of replying. I think that says it all.

I think we’re done here. That’s last. I hope one day you aspire to be non-tribalistic, free of the spirit of envy and capable of appreciating good soup but it’s up to you. But as far as this is concerned it’s obvious that you have nothing to say, because there’s nothing to say. You’ve been finished. Reduced to an ogbono pulp.
Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by Poleski: 6:17pm On Dec 08, 2023
Keepamsafe:
Just this morning, my female neighbor brought this Oha Soup for me after I apologized to her yesterday over our last fracas. (I brought a girl home, and we had an issue.).

Please note, I have no entanglements with this my neighbor as im not sexually attracted to her even though she’s single and I am too.

I have started eating already, as this is my breakfast to work this morning.

Control your long throat. Don't eat food someone you just had a problem with gave you. It's dangerous. She could've poisoned it.

1 Like

Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by Probz(m): 6:20pm On Dec 08, 2023
Poleski:

Control your long throat. Don't eat food someone you just had a problem with gave you. It's dangerous. She could've poisoned it.

I mean, yeah. There is that. But as far as we know OP could live to tell the tale and it could’ve just been a goodwill gesture after all. We’ll see.
Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by Qatar2022: 6:21pm On Dec 08, 2023
Keepamsafe:
Just this morning, my female neighbor brought this Oha Soup for me after I apologized to her yesterday over our last fracas. (I brought a girl home, and we had an issue.).

Please note, I have no entanglements with this my neighbor as im not sexually attracted to her even though she’s single and I am too.

You don't know what you are doing to yourself
Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by Probz(m): 6:22pm On Dec 08, 2023
I just hope OP doesn’t have a spiritual wife in the mix as well. She’s not going to be happy.
Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by Kevineleven(m): 6:25pm On Dec 08, 2023
48 Laws of power, law 40: Despise the free lunch.
You owe her for those meal, a wise man once said, if it is given for free, you are the product.

1 Like

Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 6:26pm On Dec 08, 2023
Good neighbour
Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by Ijaya123: 6:27pm On Dec 08, 2023
Probz:

No real argument but cheap jibes as a weak defense just for the sake of replying. I think that says it all.

I think we’re done here. That’s last. I hope one day you aspire to be non-tribalistic, free of the spirit of envy and capable of appreciating good soup but it’s up to you. But as far as this is concerned it’s obvious that you have nothing to say, because there’s nothing to say. You’ve been finished. Reduced to an ogbono pulp.

I have more important things to attend to.
Hope the obsession with the Yorubas put food on your table.
Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by Probz(m): 6:28pm On Dec 08, 2023
Ijaya123:

I have more important things to attend to.
Hope the obsession with the Yorubas put food on your table.

lol. Classic cop-out. I told you to attend to more important things on your Friday night so just by saying that you’re indirectly siding with me all-the more. You just will not win with me. Give it up.

I’ve got some delicious ukwa on my table, ta. I even have oha that isn’t potentially ogbanje-ified. That’s the kind of food an eye for decent quality puts on your table. I definitely don’t need ewedu but you’re free to enjoy it all you want.
Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by karmaolu1(m): 6:28pm On Dec 08, 2023
Female neighbor U said?
Pregnancy@ corner
Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by seunayantokun(m): 6:29pm On Dec 08, 2023
Oha soup that hangs its eaters!
Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by finallybusy: 6:29pm On Dec 08, 2023
All I want to know is where OP dey work wey he dey house by 8:38 a.m.
Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by doneback04: 6:32pm On Dec 08, 2023
Keepamsafe:

Eat and bang too
Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by Maski87: 6:39pm On Dec 08, 2023
Lucky you,my own neighbor na to dey peep me for bathroom
Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by Jlow2: 6:43pm On Dec 08, 2023
Anybody wey dash you food now for Nigeria, carry people go greet am
Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by chypotenti(m): 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2023
Keepamsafe:

Omoh you get mind oooo....continue eating nor respect yourself, you go soon chop nonsense put for your system and still come back here to ask for solution... Use your head my brother!!!
Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by Josywhyte: 6:55pm On Dec 08, 2023
When she go need knacking be ready to give the service o...next case
Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by VCJeks(m): 6:57pm On Dec 08, 2023
Keepamsafe:

Happy Married Life.
What "Oha Soup" have joined together, let no visiting girl put asunder.
Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by Segzy19: 6:57pm On Dec 08, 2023
You be mumu!
Na food they will use to exchange your destiny...

Keep eating! Continue.....
May your eyes clear soon
Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by GreatOchuks: 7:11pm On Dec 08, 2023
It's said that anything that passes the throat has no cure or antidote,, Continue eating o
Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by drerocker: 7:12pm On Dec 08, 2023
Keepamsafe:

Bros u must fuk ooooo with time
Forget attraction thi s the body chemistry of a true love ,if una no fuk I go vex 4u.i just pray make bele enter in Jesus name
Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by Kingsnairaland(m): 7:46pm On Dec 08, 2023
spiSeyi:

Shey nah only oha you chop ni wink

Draw the whole world president and post on Twitter and Elon too break record.

1 Like

Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by Babaibeji2020(m): 8:03pm On Dec 08, 2023
Keep money for wig for ds Christmas.....like sumol 48k......price for dat oha soup 🍲 u just ate.....b4 I 4get,still know say dem use your name pray on top de food....either babalawo or false prophet....praya na praya......sorry u dun enta....🤣

Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by armyofone(m): 8:12pm On Dec 08, 2023
Keepamsafe:

Try increase your sense and leave free food alone. Free food is not good. You are working tell her you can take care of yourself.
Respect your self.
Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by Taiwo20(m): 8:15pm On Dec 08, 2023
Keep a record of everything. Food, Chats, conversation etc He get why. What I see online these days is making the 1980s attractive.
Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by officialfestus(m): 9:51pm On Dec 08, 2023
spiSeyi:

Shey nah only oha you chop ni wink
Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by Okoroawusa: 9:57pm On Dec 08, 2023
Bia this boy imachakwadu ife?
Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by fapcrook(m): 10:35pm On Dec 08, 2023
Walahi Nairaland na cruise, I’ve been laughing out loud reading comments
Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by Thazard(m): 10:38pm On Dec 08, 2023
Ozommadu:
Chai! Oha soup served in a white bowl...are you the gods of the land

Bekiaful oo
cheesy grin grin
Re: See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. by Thazard(m): 10:39pm On Dec 08, 2023
DevilishMan:

RIP in advance bro.
Tell Mohbad they've released Naira Marley & Sam Larry.
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Happened To La Casera? / N1500 Basket Of Tomatoes A Nairalander Bought (Photos) / 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.