Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products (20556 Views)

Newly Completed Phase Of Ariaria International Market With Lift & AC Added (Pic) / Lady Loses Her Life Investments To Flood In Nibo, Anambra (Pictures) / Dangote Donates N250m To Flood Victims In Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by nairalanda1(m): 11:57am On Dec 09, 2023
tsdarkside:
you guys are awaitin too much from dangote....

dont forget neighborin countries are countin on this refinery too....

i dont think price would drop that much or even atall....
saudi arabia just annouced they wan reduce production....

He has to pay back loans, he has to pay competitive salaries, then there is maintenance costs, etc.

Government is not going to be helping him with all that

Fuel should cost above N900 per liter, or Tinubu is not serious.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by SKIBiNSKI(m): 11:57am On Dec 09, 2023
A Whole country depending on one man for petrol or is it fuel una dey call am?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by SlavaUkraini: 11:58am On Dec 09, 2023
G
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by FutureFocus: 11:59am On Dec 09, 2023
I pray he succeeds , West Africans has been the victim of imperialists for too long, I pray he’s able to cope with the chess game involved in keeping it running because Nigeria have a lot to gain from this, we should also make effort to revive Ajaokuta steel industry
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by InvertedHammer: 12:01pm On Dec 09, 2023
/
Everything in Nigeria is always in future tense.

Then it may never materialize.

Why not wait till he floods the market with petroleum products and then report.

/
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 12:02pm On Dec 09, 2023
Treadway:
lol....nice wordplay.

I still dey HODL my dollar stash sha. Will be following the trends....till then.

To the folks here, make I epp una answer some of your questions. If the refinery does start, the price of fuel will largely remain same or even higher. So don't expect cheaper fuel. What you will expect as a benefit is more Forex to go round..forex that would have gone into importing fuel will now be saved, meaning more available Forex, meaning the exchange rate gets better IF the rogues y'all put in power don't mop it all up.
Bross I carry hand nack chest, there will be not enough forx anywhere,you still going to go to Aboki to buy you dollars, you are stil going to face same challenge you face now to pay school fees for your kids abroad, you still wont be able to spend you Naira card abroad to make purchase o n line etc, bookmark this page let us come back next year see if anything is better.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by SKIBiNSKI(m): 12:03pm On Dec 09, 2023
tsdarkside:

they are realy hilarious.... cheesy cheesy
He is on here on Nairaland ordering Dangote not to priotize the export of his products and he MUST also sell it cheap to Naigerians. grin grin grin grin cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy because according to him "we make it here" who's we? I asked him.

Dangote will use Naigerians to make even more money, the man is not interested in bettering the lives of Naigerians,
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 12:03pm On Dec 09, 2023
nairalanda1:

He has to pay back loans, he has to pay competitive salaries, then there is maintenance costs, etc.

Government is not going to be helping him with all that

Fuel should cost above N900 per liter, or Tinubu is not serious.
ofcos govt will help and already are helping. Nothing is wrong with that cos a responsible govt should do that however my fear is fraud and exploitation.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 12:04pm On Dec 09, 2023
FutureFocus:
I pray he succeeds
why?
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by JoshTim: 12:06pm On Dec 09, 2023
If Dangote had taken loans in hard currencies to fund the refinery without hedging it against currency risk, sorry....he will sell at current price.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by sukkot: 12:06pm On Dec 09, 2023
Treadway:
lol....nice wordplay.

I still dey HODL my dollar stash sha. Will be following the trends....till then.

To the folks here, make I epp una answer some of your questions. If the refinery does start, the price of fuel will largely remain same or even higher. So don't expect cheaper fuel. What you will expect as a benefit is more Forex to go round..forex that would have gone into importing fuel will now be saved, meaning more available Forex, meaning the exchange rate gets better IF the rogues y'all put in power don't mop it all up.
oh that’s great analysis for the people. Also when he refines the fuel of all the countries in Africa they pay in dollars so there would be too much dollars in circulation in naija. The price would crash. Keep in mind they say Dangote refinery is private but truthfully I think it’s certain righteous element in government who feel that government money would be well spent and projects executed if they give it to a private person and so I am almost sure this whole Dangote refinery is a government project but Dangote is just the face of it. Point being all these dollars coming in would not be going into private coffers but government coffers. The good times are here bro. Naija will soon flourish

1 Like

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by LeonSaab: 12:08pm On Dec 09, 2023
erico2k2:

what is fake news? cos it was announced to you then you gullible people think it was sealed then, You lot do not have a clue. This refinery was used to scam Nigerians just like PHCN and you aint got a clue still, check the xchange value he was given to buy all these from China and India BTW I would like to let you know I worked o n this project in and out from Nigeria to Germany to China up to India for years. That announcement you heard was formalities. It was sold far B4 you heard about it.Go back to google and type in when Dangote refinery was inaugurated and see what answer it gives you, I'm here waiting.
yes we all know he was given cheap exchange to build it and Buhari was insulted for it with people saying it was because it was his brother......stop being bitter and skeptical and just be happy for us for once.....it cost you nothing......
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by tollyboy5(m): 12:10pm On Dec 09, 2023
immortalcrown:
Flooding Africa with fuel no be wetin I wan hear.

Na de price I wan hear. Fuel is not scarce. Price is the problem.

Him don already flood Africa with Cement but how many fit buy am? So, flooding Africa with fuel no be news.
Price is not the problem. Price is your problem
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by immortalcrown(m): 12:11pm On Dec 09, 2023
tollyboy5:

Price is not the problem. Price is your problem
Pablo, I don hear.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by tollyboy5(m): 12:11pm On Dec 09, 2023
JASONjnr:
This used to be a relieving kinda news until Ajuri told us that it wouldn't stop Dangote from selling petrol at expensive prices.

What's the need for having a refinery if it's refined goods will be more expensive than imported refined goods?

Why are we pumping billions to repair failed refineries when it's selling price wouldn't be any different from imported goods?
You need to learn basic economics
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by tsdarkside(m): 12:13pm On Dec 09, 2023
SKIBiNSKI:
He is on here on Nairaland ordering Dangote not to priotize the export of his products and he MUST also sell it cheap to Naigerians. grin grin grin grin cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy because according to him "we make it here" who's we? I asked him.

Dangote will use Naigerians to make even more money, the man is not interested in bettering the lives of Naigerians,

they dont understand the hugh loans he took to build this thing....
they dont understand that he now must repay the loans....

the same thing with foreighn investments....they always forget they must repay them with heavy interests....
then they cry that things have become expensive....

when i listen to nigerians reason i cant stop laughin....

realy funny people.... cheesy cheesy
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Eriokanmi: 12:13pm On Dec 09, 2023
Not only about availability, but affordability. Good move, anyway
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Rumundele(m): 12:14pm On Dec 09, 2023
We want to see action oo, not noise.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by tollyboy5(m): 12:15pm On Dec 09, 2023
Ozommadu:
Portharcourt refinery nko??

Abi una wan divert our attention away from tinubu's lies and deceit
We have moved on with Lagos refinery, another refinery will be coming from badagry axis lets hope for those ones. tongue
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by creativehubb: 12:16pm On Dec 09, 2023
Dangote must consider Nigerian market first.

Government must work with Dangote, via concession or cheap crude, up to the amount Dangote supplies to Nigerian market... Dangote no fit scam us like subsidy regime na. Nigerians deserve to buy affordable PMS because we have the resources, the people must enjoy the resources too not just politicians enjoying the revenue.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by nairalanda1(m): 12:16pm On Dec 09, 2023
erico2k2:

ofcos govt will help and already are helping. Nothing is wrong with that cos a responsible govt should do that however my fear is fraud and exploitation.

Government cannot do that, what government should do for him is to offer indirect subsides via tax breaks.

Let's be honest, if government started paying Dangote's costs, we would end up spending billions of cash that should be used for other things on one company.

Don't argue with the fact that there is no such thing as cheap fuel. If you guys want cheap fuel then pray we earn something like 4-5 trillion dollars per annum, and then maybe we can talk. Nothing like defending APC, or PDP, or any party. Price controls do not work in any economy.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by tollyboy5(m): 12:18pm On Dec 09, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Not only about availability, but affordability. Good move, anyway
Its about availability and not affordability. SE and SS are always about affordability while SW is all about availability. With enough availability we'll gain forex and balance the naira then people's salary will be able to afford things better again.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 12:21pm On Dec 09, 2023
LeonSaab:
yes we all know he was given cheap exchange to build it and Buhari was insulted for it with people saying it was because it was his brother......stop being bitter and skeptical and just be happy for us for once.....it cost you nothing......
Bitter? haha look even if DIesel sells for10k per litre I still going to buy it, it doesn't bother me however I cannot say Thes same thing for you, so bitterness my brother is far from it, Im just giving you the undiluted truth, this scene played now was the exact scene played during the Cement franchise, Did the cement ban help the life of the ordinary NIgerian?The UK companies take their stuff to manufacture where labour is cheap and import it back into the Uk to sell, they do not Ban stuff unless its competition with local manufactures are in a negative way!
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by ivandragon: 12:21pm On Dec 09, 2023
tsdarkside:

look,i deal with facts not phantasies....

remember what was happenin when fuel was still subsidies by fg....??

people smuggled it across borders to neighborin countries....
what makes you think the circle could not start all over again when fuel is cheaper here....??

Bullseye!!!

I have been saying the same thing. The government left its responsibilities & shifted the burden of its ineptitude to Nigerians by removing subsidy without addressing the issues that made subsidy unsustainable in the first place.

The same clowns that were saying businesses should import & sell at their own price since it is a free market are the same clowns saying that Dangote must prioritise the local market.

Dangote is a businessman & he will conduct his business as he deems in his best interests even if it means supplying majority of his products to foreign countries or the retailers preferring to take the products out.

All these noise about CNG will go the same way. As more cars in nigeria convert to gas, so will those of neighbouring nations & sooner than later, it will be more profitable to smuggle CNG to foreign countries than sell in nigeria.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Cyberterror: 12:22pm On Dec 09, 2023
One nice thing I like about Dangote is that any industry he enters, he uses his influence to make the government stop importation in that sector thereby increasing frenzy for local production and creating jobs in Nigeria. Just look at cement and Sugar. Nigeria no longer import them like it used to be before the Dangote Revolution. I pray that this blessed business tycoon making Nigeria proud internationally will soon enter into rice and steel production to end the wasteful importation of those essential commodities. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 12:23pm On Dec 09, 2023
nairalanda1:

Government cannot do that, what government should do for him is to offer indirect subsides via tax breaks.

Let's be honest, if government started paying Dangote's costs, we would end up spending billions of cash that should be used for other things on one company.

Don't argue with the fact that there is no such thing as cheap fuel. If you guys want cheap fuel then pray we earn something like 4-5 trillion dollars per annum, and then maybe we can talk. Nothing like defending APC, or PDP, or any party. Price controls do not work in any economy.
Tax brakes are like paying his cost cos already the people he is meant to supply to pay Taxes, why dont they too get a tax break?
But on a lighter note, helping him is a no problem cos the UK govt and indeed most of the western countries has in the past bailed most of its important companies going burst out of liquidity saving peoplr thier jobs and losss to local economy.want me to name few?
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by LeonSaab: 12:24pm On Dec 09, 2023
erico2k2:

Bitter? haha look even if DIesel sells for10k per litre I still going to buy it, it doesn't bother me however I cannot say Thes same thing for you, so bitterness my brother is far from it, Im just giving you the undiluted truth, this scene played now was the exact scene played during the Cement franchise, Did the cement ban help the life of the ordinary NIgerian?The UK companies take their stuff to manufacture where labour is cheap and import it back into the Uk to sell, they do not Ban stuff unless its competition with local manufactures are in a negative way!
yes we know you are richer than God and more connected than the devil.....just be happy for us 😀.....we know we are being cheated just leave us to our delusions okay......smile and wave👍🏾
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 12:24pm On Dec 09, 2023
Cyberterror:
One nice thing I like about Dangote is that any industry he enters, he uses his influence to make the government stop importation in that sector thereby increasing frenzy for local production and creating jobs in Nigeria. Just look at cement and Sugar. Nigeria no longer import them like it used to be before the Dangote Revolution. I pray that this blessed business tycoon making Nigeria proud internationally will soon enter into rice and steel production to end the wasteful importation of those essential commodities. God bless Nigeria.
What kind of Economics did you do in school?
What you just described there is called MONOPOLY, is that not anti-growth?
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by tollyboy5(m): 12:26pm On Dec 09, 2023
erico2k2:

Bross I carry hand nack chest, there will be not enough forx anywhere,you still going to go to Aboki to buy you dollars, you are stil going to face same challenge you face now to pay school fees for your kids abroad, you still wont be able to spend you Naira card abroad to make purchase o n line etc, bookmark this page let us come back next year see if anything is better.
There is nothing to bookmark here, explain yourself mr obidient. You're just dropping comment like say na news paper vendor front you dey.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 12:26pm On Dec 09, 2023
LeonSaab:
yes we know you are richer than God and more connected than the devil.....just be happy for us 😀.....we know we are being cheated just leave us to our delusions okay......smile and wave👍🏾
Speak for yourself bross, if you broke happy with your own brokenness and leave the rest of us who like to speak continue speaking, you can go to sleep now since you think being cheated is your way of life and its calm,
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by prophetfire: 12:27pm On Dec 09, 2023
dre11:
• Company says NNPC to supply next four cargoes in three weeks

• Final shipment to come from ExxonMobil.

• Refinery to load 2,900 trucks a day at its truck loading gantries

• Dangote, Okunbor excited by significant milestone achieved

• Tinubu optimistic of increased investments from SPDC

• Insists all obstacles to investments now being removed by his govt

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/12/09/dangote-set-to-flood-african-market-with-refined-petroleum-products-sending-jitters?amp=1
FLOOD? AS in really flooding Africa with refined fuel?
Let him flood Nigeria first.
You people and this your deceptive hyping of lies.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by tollyboy5(m): 12:28pm On Dec 09, 2023
erico2k2:

What kind of Economics did you do in school?
What you just described there is called MONOPOLY, is that not anti-growth?
Prove how it is monopoly. You think everyone is obidient? nope we are educated Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures / CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs / An Open Letter To Zenith Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.