Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products (20546 Views)

Newly Completed Phase Of Ariaria International Market With Lift & AC Added (Pic) / Lady Loses Her Life Investments To Flood In Nibo, Anambra (Pictures) / Dangote Donates N250m To Flood Victims In Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by NinjaMetahuman: 2:45pm On Dec 09, 2023
immortalcrown:
Flooding Africa with fuel no be wetin I wan hear.

Na de price I wan hear. Fuel is not scarce. Price is the problem.

Him don already flood Africa with Cement but how many fit buy am? So, flooding Africa with fuel no be news.
you are not happy that dollar will stabilize as we won't have import the fuel with dollars again?
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Freethinker87: 2:50pm On Dec 09, 2023
The question is, will the operation of Dangote refinery crash the price of petrol locally? If not, what's the benefit of Dangotes refinery to Nigerians?

Given the antecedents of Aliko Dangote, I'm not hyped until i see the impact of local refining on petrol price.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by michlins(m): 2:55pm On Dec 09, 2023
JASONjnr:
This used to be a relieving kinda news until Ajuri told us that it wouldn't stop Dangote from selling petrol at expensive prices.

What's the need for having a refinery if it's refined goods will be more expensive than imported refined goods?

Why are we pumping billions to repair failed refineries when it's selling price wouldn't be any different from imported goods?
dollar is becoming more scarce than ever before
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Eriokanmi: 2:57pm On Dec 09, 2023
tollyboy5:

I'm finding it difficult to get you. Because every business man who opens a factory will want to sell at an international standard. So exporting will eventually save us more forex that will be pumped into the economy.
Reduction in purchasing power of petrol will not affect much within Nigeria because it ought to be for a limited time till naira gain strength against the dollar, beside the recent improvement in the power sector has greatly reduce the much dependence on generator and I'm sure further improvement will come once the exchange rate goes back to normal and subsidy on power sector is removed.
Those that might be affected mostly are those in the transport business.
But think of it, if your salary of 40k could purchase goods of 40$ and later on due to less scarcity of dollar in the Nigeria economy your 40k could purchase 80$ worth goods then the effect of paying more for transportation would be equally balanced.

What i don't get from your analysis is how our export wont stabilize our foreign exchange.
Simply put, what drives every economy is the comparative advantage it has over others. Ours are crude oil and agriculture, right ? There would be more petrol but a few buyers if availability is the aim. That's the oil glut I mentioned in my previous post. Naira won't regain strength in this way, which also boils down to the purchasing power that you talked about.

Secondly, the strength of the naira is dependent on the GDP. If petrol is affordable when made available, naira gains value and less dollars go out to purchase petrol.

Your very first point placed availability over affordability, which I faulted. If someone is buying a bag of rice at 20k, would you go for same quality of rice at 30k elsewhere? The one selling at 20k will gain more and employ more hands for expansion cos business will grow. Same applies to every economy. Energy is a live wire of every economy. Whatever happens to pump price will affect every sector, either positively or negatively. That's my argument...affordability and availability, not just availability.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by JASONjnr(m): 3:11pm On Dec 09, 2023
tollyboy5:

You need to learn basic economics

Olodo,

Point just thing that I posted up there that violets the principles of economics or isnt showing basic economics principles?

You will just quote to talk trash ...... But you have absolutely nothing in your brain.

If it's properly checked, you studied education.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by FRANKOSKI(m): 3:16pm On Dec 09, 2023
IT'S NOW THAT WE WILL KNOW THE REAL COST OF IMPORTING FUEL.
IF THE MARGIN ISN'T WIDE ,THEN NIGERIA IS A HUGE LIE .
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Lanruze: 3:20pm On Dec 09, 2023
This project has the single propensity to bring Nigeria to the league of Qatar, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia whilst positioning Nigeria as a major net exporter of derivatives, fuel and petrochemical products.

I advise all the currency speculators to hedge their dollars back to Naira as the export earnings and refinery capacity for Nigeria will exponentially improve for both the Arab league and Sub-sahara Africa to earn huge Forex supply from the sale of refined products.

With this project alone, if well articulated on the currency of exchange, FX position will make a significant appreciation when full production commences.

Congratulations to Dangote & Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by FutureFocus: 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2023
erico2k2:

why?

It will seriously reduce the amount of dollars Nigeria need and spend on importations, this will strengthen the Naira
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by IbeOkehie: 3:46pm On Dec 09, 2023
immortalcrown:

Him don already flood Africa with Cement but how many fit buy am? So, flooding Africa with fuel no be news.

Cement prices are coming down. Why? Because it's a private market. BUA and others are now seriously undermining prices in the cement market.

When telecoms started it was the same. At the start MTN was charging ₦50,000 per line or simcard. Today it's cheap due to competitors like Glo and Airtel or whoever.

Petrol is an international commodity. There's no miracle. The price is the price.

The only problem is that the Federal Government is LIKELY to ban all fuel imports once Dangote gets going. That's the REAL reason cement is expensive and also many other Nigerian goods. Government RESTRICTS supply with import bans.

Good Luck to Nigerians
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by almarthins(m): 3:47pm On Dec 09, 2023
immortalcrown:

E b like say na only u dey think well. U see Dangote refinery no come to make fuel cheap. Na the same subsidy scam arrangement just dey watch how dem go take hoodwink Nigerians again and again.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Bluntemperor: 4:04pm On Dec 09, 2023
I say -
Congratulations again,Alh.Dangote,for your successful test run,in Production of PMS, Diesel,Kerosine, AGO, Fertilizers,etc and
-For the Provision of thousands of Jobs to Nigerians, afterall,not all Nigerians will JAPA to other Countries,no matter how sweet the other side looks!
- For your bravery, determination and perseverance,
-as an Entrepreneur with Candour,where a whole Nation- Nigeria failed in Maintenance Culture!
-Please,get Security 24/7 for your Investments,
- and Ensures Constant Maintenance Culture,as you begin to Produce for local and export.
I wish you More Success ahead!
I say BRAVO.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by justmi1: 4:15pm On Dec 09, 2023
Prices must drop. A lot of gains are expected when this refinery comes on board. The landing cost of fuel would be reduced. The fuel won't cross the sea and back. When diesel becomes available cost of moving fuel around the country would drop hence fuel prices would drop. We would save forex used from importing fuel thereby increasing our naira strength. More industrialisation. The gains are enormous. It's not about crashing the fuel prices alone. Are you aware that the diesel has more impact of the masses than fuel. Food prices are high because manufacturers use diesel for production, transportation. Even petrol tankers use diesel.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 4:20pm On Dec 09, 2023
FutureFocus:

It will seriously reduce the amount of dollars Nigeria need and spend on importations, this will strengthen the Naira
how does this reduce the amount of dollars you need to pay for your child school fees abroad?
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 4:21pm On Dec 09, 2023
justmi1:
Prices must drop. A lot of gains are expected when this refinery comes on board. The landing cost of fuel would be reduced. The fuel won't cross the sea and back. When diesel becomes available cost of moving fuel around the country would drop hence fuel prices would drop. We would save forex used from importing fuel thereby increasing our naira strength. More industrialisation. The gains are enormous. It's not about crashing the fuel prices alone. Are you aware that the diesel has more impact of the masses than fuel. Food prices are high because manufacturers use diesel for production, transportation. Even petrol tankers use diesel.
Why did cement not drop?
Diesel is Euro 5 Old grade, any diesel truck or car from 2014 will struggle, my car is a 2013 and its struggling with Euro 5 Diesel already
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 4:22pm On Dec 09, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Cement prices are coming down. Why? Because it's a private market. BUA and others are now seriously undermining prices in the cement market.

When telecoms started it was the same. At the start MTN was charging ₦50,000 per line or simcard. Today it's cheap due to competitors like Glo and Airtel or whoever.

Petrol is an international commodity. There's no miracle. The price is the price.

The only problem is that the Federal Government is LIKELY to ban all fuel imports once Dangote gets going. That's the REAL reason cement is expensive and also many other Nigerian goods. Government RESTRICTS supply with import bans.

Good Luck to Nigerians
exactly, teh Dangote will be the sole provider of petrol and NIgerians are once again stuck like in the cement saga
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Phantom233: 4:26pm On Dec 09, 2023
immortalcrown:

See how the game will play out. They raised fuel price from ₦200 to over ₦600 now. By the time Dangote starts selling, the price will be between ₦400 and ₦500 for the first few months. During that period, sycophants will say he has reduced fuel price.

Each time they come up with the deceit, sycophants accept it.

That's how they believed that the sale of NEPA will improve power supply. What has been happening since after the sale of NEPA? Artificial scarcity of prepared metres, outrageous bills for those billed with estimation, no rapid response for areas where estimation billing is dominant, physical abuse of Nigerians by the staff members of the electricity distribution companies, houses connected to electric polea are billed every month even if those houses experience blackout for a year.

This is also how it is claimed that Dangote Refinery will make fuel affordable for Nigeria. How cheap are cement, salt, sugar and flour for Nigerians? This is how they claimed that border closure would improve agriculture and locally-made goods. What later came out of it? Notherners got a monopoly to use motorcycles to smuggle rice into the country. And rice keeps getting more expensive. That's how they applauded subsidy removal and claim to have been saving trillions of Naira since then but no improvement in the economy.
meanwhile the whole country was cajoled by the lutjes of Tinubu, Buhari, wole Soyinka, Tunde Bakare, sheikh Gumi etc. to protest against GEJ when he wanted to remove subsidy in order for fuel to be sold at around 200/litre.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Phantom233: 4:27pm On Dec 09, 2023
immortalcrown:

See how the game will play out. They raised fuel price from ₦200 to over ₦600 now. By the time Dangote starts selling, the price will be between ₦400 and ₦500 for the first few months. During that period, sycophants will say he has reduced fuel price.

That's how they believed that the sale of NEPA will improve power supply. What has been happening since after the sale of NEPA? Artificial scarcity of prepared metres, outrageous bills for those billed with estimation, no rapid response for areas where estimation billing is dominant, physical abuse of Nigerians by the staff members of the electricity distribution companies, houses connected to electric polea are billed every month even if those houses experience blackout for a year.

This is also how it is claimed that Dangote Refinery will make fuel affordable for Nigeria. How cheap are cement, salt, sugar and flour for Nigerians? This is how they claimed that border closure would improve agriculture and locally-made goods. What later came out of it? Notherners got a monopoly to use motorcycles to smuggle rice into the country. And rice keeps getting more expensive. That's how they applauded subsidy removal and claim to have been saving trillions of Naira since then but no improvement in the economy.
meanwhile the whole country was cajoled by the likes of Tinubu, Buhari, wole Soyinka, Tunde Bakare, sheikh Gumi etc. to protest against GEJ when he wanted to remove subsidy in order for fuel to be sold at around 200/litre.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by FutureFocus: 4:36pm On Dec 09, 2023
erico2k2:

how does this reduce the amount of dollars you need to pay for your child school fees abroad?

The economist will explain to you, the Naira is in mess because of the huge amount we spent on importation and refined petroleum products is one of the major ,remove that and have less demand for dollars for import in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by bdon123(m): 4:49pm On Dec 09, 2023
immortalcrown:

Tank u.that flooding africa wit fuel really annoy me.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by freemanq(m): 5:08pm On Dec 09, 2023
Nigeria road user should be careful of Dangote tanker carrying fuel, Dangote truck with cement killed many, I wonder wetin Dangote tanker on Nigeria road will look like? Drivers shine your Eyes!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 5:12pm On Dec 09, 2023
FutureFocus:

The economist will explain to you, the Naira is in mess because of the huge amount we spent on importation and refine petroleum products is one of the major ,remove that and have less demand for dollars in Nigeria
Nah thats not why the Economy is a mess, its in a mess cos of mismanagement on the part of govt officials. Explain to me how can a country of 260million plus use less than 30mw of power?. The 1st thing govt should ban should be Power generator. Then build more power station and sells its shares.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by tasalanoni(m): 5:21pm On Dec 09, 2023
LeonSaab:
we make it here....local consumption will come before export....and since the government owns 20% he dares not produce and prioritize export over local consumption
Who is the Government?
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Ubanz: 5:25pm On Dec 09, 2023
Charity begins at home. U never flood Nigerian market,na African market u go flood.
Too many promises non fulfilled.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by ocelot2006(m): 5:46pm On Dec 09, 2023
immortalcrown:

Refining our crude locally will drive down cost as it will eliminate import costs. My only problem is the local monopoly Dangote gets. I pray other refineries come online soon. That said, kudos to Dangote.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by immortalcrown(m): 5:50pm On Dec 09, 2023
ocelot2006:
Refining our crude locally will drive down cost as it will eliminate import costs. My only problem is the local monopoly Dangote gets. I pray other refineries come online soon. That said, kudos to Dangote.
We have cement locally-made by not only Dangote.

Well, let's hope for a positive suprise this time.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Josywhyte: 6:23pm On Dec 09, 2023
immortalcrown:

You've said it all brotherly
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by aishah32g: 6:25pm On Dec 09, 2023
I no read am but I see say they avoided price. Dem no talk anything about price @least give people an idea of what the price will look like I no read am but I see say they avoided price. Dem no talk anything about price @least give people an idea of what the price will look like ...
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by 46arcadez(m): 6:28pm On Dec 09, 2023
Big lie from OP
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by IbeOkehie: 6:38pm On Dec 09, 2023
aishah32g:
I no read am but I see say they avoided price. Dem no talk anything about price @least give people an idea of what the price will look like I no read am but I see say they avoided price. Dem no talk anything about price @least give people an idea of what the price will look like ...

Nobody can predict price. As long as the government isn't REGULATING prices, NOBODY can make any prediction. For example, if for some reason Saudi Arabia has a serious political crisis and violence, the price of petrol could EASILY reach ₦1500 per liter. It's the same for other unsubsidized free market goods like garri, shoes, pencils or plastic buckets.

Good Luck to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Knetpro(m): 7:43pm On Dec 09, 2023
Ok o. Thumbs up to him.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by texas1990(m): 9:23pm On Dec 09, 2023
Ozommadu:
Portharcourt refinery nko??

Abi una wan divert our attention away from tinubu's lies and deceit
Tinunbu take that lies resemble you forefathers mumu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Four Risky Places To Use Your Debit Card Abroad / Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures / CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.