Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,770 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products (20527 Views)

Newly Completed Phase Of Ariaria International Market With Lift & AC Added (Pic) / Lady Loses Her Life Investments To Flood In Nibo, Anambra (Pictures) / Dangote Donates N250m To Flood Victims In Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by SKIBiNSKI(m): 12:28pm On Dec 09, 2023
tsdarkside:

they dont understand the hugh loans he took to build this thing....
they dont understand that he now must repay the loans....

the same thing with foreighn investments....they always forget they must repay them with heavy interests....
then they cry that things have become expensive....

when i listen to nigerians reason i cant stop laughin....

realy funny people.... cheesy cheesy
correct! grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 12:29pm On Dec 09, 2023
tollyboy5:

There is nothing to bookmark here, explain yourself mr obidient. You're just dropping comment like say na news paper vendor front you dey.
Now you are calling me obedient even though Im not party affiliated, you see the Dumbness amongst us Nigerians, this is why we will never progress cos of Ethnic, religious and political ignorant persons like you. What has politics got to do with this or party affiliations got to do with this, Ether U be APC,PDP ELUPE, you my friend still have to go to same market but guess what I DO NOT HAVE TO

1 Like

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2023
tollyboy5:

Prove how it is monopoly. You think everyone is obidient? nope we are educated Nigerians.
Have you built a house recently?
DO you know how many siters he bought without mining them to prevent others from doing so?
who now is the sole producer of cement,suger in the country?
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Femmyfamous4u(m): 12:33pm On Dec 09, 2023
JASONjnr:
This used to be a relieving kinda news until Ajuri told us that it wouldn't stop Dangote from selling petrol at expensive prices.

What's the need for having a refinery if it's refined goods will be more expensive than imported refined goods?

Why are we pumping billions to repair failed refineries when it's selling price wouldn't be any different from imported goods?

It would in the long run lead to appreciation of Naira against the dollar. The pressure on the dollar will be reduced or channelled towards importation of machinery for production.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Eriokanmi: 12:36pm On Dec 09, 2023
tollyboy5:

Its about availability and not affordability. SE and SS are always about affordability while SW is all about availability. With enough availability we'll gain forex and balance the naira then people's salary will be able to afford things better again.
That's not true. There's fuel now everywhere but it's not affordable. That's why you see shops and companies folding up, many vehicle owners trekking instead of driving out their cars tonease movement, maybe you are even one of those car owners. I don't know what you meant about the SE and SS but in this lagos oo, Towo epo ba walę , owo rent, owo ounję, etc will follow suit.

If its available and affordable, economy would bounce back and commodity prices which have become expensive due to high cost of fuel to power generating plants by SMEs or for transporting goods to the market will come down. More people wouid be employed and those who have lost their jobs due to fuel price hike wouid be recalled and businesses would pick again.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Eberex(m): 12:49pm On Dec 09, 2023
Propaganda
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 12:51pm On Dec 09, 2023
Eriokanmi:
That's not true. There's fuel now everywhere but it's not affordable. That's why you see shops and companies folding up, many vehicle owners trekking instead of driving out their cars tonease movement, maybe you are even one of those car owners. I don't know what you meant about the SE and SS but in this lagos oo, Towo epo ba walę , owo rent, owo ounję, etc will follow suit.

If its available and affordable, economy would bounce back and commodity prices which have become expensive due to high cost of fuel to power generating plants by SMEs or for transporting goods to the market will come down. More people wouid be employed and those who have lost their jobs due to fuel price hike wouid be recalled and businesses would pick again.
Just wait you soon U will be called Obedient just cos you do not buy into their own narratives.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Ozommadu: 12:58pm On Dec 09, 2023
tollyboy5:

We have moved on with Lagos refinery, another refinery will be coming from badagry axis lets hope for those ones. tongue

Lagos refinery?? Na ebee??
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by basty: 12:59pm On Dec 09, 2023
Follow up on people's comments. If Dangote price is same as what is obtainable now,people are not looking at the FX transfers of importing same products LUC.
Na wah for these guys. At the short run it might be rough, what happens at the long run? competition will set in when other Refineries are in operations.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by basty: 1:01pm On Dec 09, 2023
Eriokanmi:

Voodoo Economist.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Sucre7: 1:05pm On Dec 09, 2023
High expectations equal disappointment.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Eriokanmi: 1:15pm On Dec 09, 2023
erico2k2:

Just wait you soon will be called Obedient just cos you do not buy into their own narratives.
Lol. They've been responding already. One moniker by the name basty has already called me a voodoo economist. Wahala dey dis country. Seeing black and deliberately calling it blue. Where does that lead us to, my people?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Khyrvxjzy: 1:15pm On Dec 09, 2023
atobs4real:
Will that change the price?
If yes, thank God.
If no, Bleep up

if no, build your own refinery

1 Like

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Khyrvxjzy: 1:17pm On Dec 09, 2023
DARLINGTON869:
Still won't stop Dangote from selling between 550-650 per litre. Man is already owing heaven and earth to commercial banks from loans borrowed over the years to finance the completion of the refinery. Reason why he's not yet being called out is because federal government have got a stake in the refinery.

so lapo go begin call dangote friends and family

"dangote obituary"
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Khyrvxjzy: 1:19pm On Dec 09, 2023
Ejebleje:
Lool...from same refinery? Miracle!

They've already used NNPCL to remind you "that refineries aren't for cheap petrol products" ,don't forget that NNPCL has a stake in Dangote Refinery.

Stop watching legacy news media, you people won't hear. If you have family or a friend(s) working there, let them confirm to you whether they can actually refine fuel now, then you'll understand why Nigeria will not have cheap petrol even in the next 2 decades, unless of course subsidy is restored

the person you know working there said the refinery wont work until 2030 abi?
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by tollyboy5(m): 1:20pm On Dec 09, 2023
erico2k2:

Have you built a house recently?
DO you know how many siters he bought without mining them to prevent others from doing so?
who now is the sole producer of cement,suger in the country?
Oniro! where is the monopoly?

Cement companies
1. Dangote Cement Plc
2. Powermax Cement (Lafarge)
3. BUA Cement
4. United Cement Company of Nigeria Limited (UniCem)
5. Ashaka Cement
6. Ibeto Cement
7. Elephant Cement
8. UniCem Cement
9. Nigercem
10. Eagle Cement
https://knownigeria.ng/list-of-cement-companies-in-nigeria/

Large Scale Sugar Companies
1. Savannah Sugar Company, Numan, Adamawa State
2. Sunti Golden Sugar Estate Limited, Sunti, Niger State
3. Bua Sugar Company Lafiagi, Kwara State

Small Scale Sugar Companies
1. Oyo Sugar Processors Limited, Iseyin, Oyo State
2. Goronyo Sugar Company, Goronyo, Sokoto State
3. Dangote Nasarawa Sugar Project, Tunga, Nasarawa State
4. Great Northern Agribusiness Limited, Gagarawa, Jigawa State

https://www.nsdcnigeria.org/sugar-companies-in-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 1:31pm On Dec 09, 2023
tollyboy5:

Oniro! where is the monopoly?

Cement companies
1. Dangote Cement Plc
2. Powermax Cement (Lafarge)
3. BUA Cement
4. United Cement Company of Nigeria Limited (UniCem)
5. Ashaka Cement
6. Ibeto Cement
7. Elephant Cement
8. UniCem Cement
9. Nigercem
10. Eagle Cement
https://knownigeria.ng/list-of-cement-companies-in-nigeria/

Large Scale Sugar Companies
1. Savannah Sugar Company, Numan, Adamawa State
2. Sunti Golden Sugar Estate Limited, Sunti, Niger State
3. Bua Sugar Company Lafiagi, Kwara State

Small Scale Sugar Companies
1. Oyo Sugar Processors Limited, Iseyin, Oyo State
2. Goronyo Sugar Company, Goronyo, Sokoto State
3. Dangote Nasarawa Sugar Project, Tunga, Nasarawa State
4. Great Northern Agribusiness Limited, Gagarawa, Jigawa State

https://www.nsdcnigeria.org/sugar-companies-in-nigeria/
There was a reason why I asked you if you have built a house recently if you have tell me what brand of cement is o n the shelf and also tell me hoe the Fg gives tax break.You will ned to think out of the box on this one my friend. I have bulit in PHC, all the shops you go to all you seee is Dangote Cement nothing els, BUA has been trying to build his factory in PHC for that past 13 years and still facing one legal hill to the next..Let me stip here as what I say might not make any sense,
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by tollyboy5(m): 1:32pm On Dec 09, 2023
erico2k2:

Now you are calling me obedient even though Im not party affiliated, you see the Dumbness amongst us Nigerians, this is why we will never progress cos of Ethnic, religious and political ignorant persons like you. What has politics got to do with this or party affiliations got to do with this, Ether U be APC,PDP ELUPE, you my friend still have to go to same market but guess what I DO NOT HAVE TO
Sure you think we're stvpid?
Since your preferred candidate lost you've all been acting in a way that is much predictable. I don't need lens to fish out an obidient, most especially your type of obidient.

erico2k2:

last time we checked Edo and Delta no follow SE but we support LP, fresh persons
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by tollyboy5(m): 1:36pm On Dec 09, 2023
erico2k2:

There was a reason why I asked you if you have built a house recently if you have tell me what brand of cement is o n the shelf and also tell me hoe the Fg gives tax break.You will ned to think out of the box on this one my friend. I have bulit in PHC, all the shops you go to all you seee is Dangote Cement nothing els, BUA has been trying to build his factory in PHC for that past 13 years and still facing one legal hill to the next..Let me stip here as what I say might not make any sense,
Bua and lafarge has their product in lagos and some other state. My cousin is a civil engineer and he told me lafarge has more quality and more expensive than dangote cement.
My bricklayer friend called a bua supplier recently in Lagos there was availability but the price remain the same.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 1:39pm On Dec 09, 2023
tollyboy5:

Sure you think we're stvpid?
Since your preferred candidate lost you've all been acting in a way that is much predictable. I don't need lens to fish out an obidient, most especially your type of obidient.

Oh yes I know you are tupid more so Dumbbx10, if you was wise as you think you are you could have gone fru my profile and realise I dont live in Nigeria and do not share in your foolishness.Right about now have you not realised U are stewpid my mind is telling me you amongs the 1% ethnic idiiots from Southwest Nigeria who thinks everyone who does not buy into their narratives must be Igbo or Ipob or Obedient or anti APC.Bross dwell in your continued backwardness please.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 1:41pm On Dec 09, 2023
tollyboy5:

Bua and lafarge has their product in lagos and some other state. My cousin is a civil engineer and he told me lafarge has more quality and more expensive than dangote cement.
My bricklayer friend called a bua supplier recently in Lagos there was availability but the price remain the same.
Yes they are, Im not disputing that but cos of favouritism, the Dangote group has at least 90% capture of the cement market.You are talking about LAgos what about EDO,Delta,Bayelsa,Rivers,Cross River,ABJ etc?
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by tollyboy5(m): 1:43pm On Dec 09, 2023
Eriokanmi:

If its available and affordable, economy would bounce back and commodity prices which have become expensive due to high cost of fuel to power generating plants by SMEs or for transporting goods to the market will come down. More people wouid be employed and those who have lost their jobs due to fuel price hike would be recalled and businesses would pick again.
I'm not bothered on who has access to get fuel, what i capitalize in my first comment was the effect on foreign exchange and the reverse effect on peoples salary able to gain purchasing power more.
More companies need a stable electricity not fuel to fuel generators. PDP so far has been the reason Lagos don't have independent power supply. Now that a Lagos man is there i know thing are going in the right direction.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by tollyboy5(m): 1:45pm On Dec 09, 2023
erico2k2:

Yes they are, Im not disputing that but cos of favouritism, the Dangote group has at least 90% capture of the cement market.You are talking about LAgos what about EDO,Delta,Bayelsa,Rivers,Cross River,ABJ etc?
The monopoly of dangote should be blamed on PDP not this present Party that broke all bond of monopoly and turning the country to a capitalist country where investors are happy to invest.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by tollyboy5(m): 1:49pm On Dec 09, 2023
erico2k2:

Oh yes I know you are tupid more so Dumbbx10, if you was wise as you think you are you could have gone fru my profile and realise I dont live in Nigeria and do not share in your foolishness.Right about now have you not realised U are stewpid my mind is telling me you amongs the 1% ethnic idiiots from Southwest Nigeria who thinks everyone who does not buy into their narratives must be Igbo or Ipob or Obedient or anti APC.Bross dwell in your continued backwardness please.
I've seen alot of obidient type without brain. I never knew the once abroad too are without brain.
How does your living abroad invalidate for support for pitobi or LP?
And where in my comment did i mention igbo or ipob?

You are proving me right as typical obidient that you are
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Eriokanmi: 1:55pm On Dec 09, 2023
tollyboy5:

I'm not bothered on who has access to get fuel, what i capitalize in my first comment was the effect on foreign exchange and the reverse effect on peoples salary able to gain purchasing power more.
More companies need a stable electricity not fuel to fuel generators. PDP so far has been the reason Lagos don't have independent power supply. Now that a Lagos man is there i know thing are going in the right direction.
High cost of fuel will always have negative effect on fx, mind you. That's cause of where we are today. Check it. When fuel is available but not affordable, it will affect everything, including the GDP. Even if we stopped importing refined Petroleum products, but cost of locally produced fuel is high but fuel is available everywhere, we won't drink it. There wouid be what is called a glut....enough fuel but only a few are buying it. And if you say you will export, you'd not be able to match the foreign prices.

If the fuel is available and affordable, not only will it have positive impact on our GDP. Our fx earnings too would receive a boost. I don't even want to talk of the pdp. They caused the issue on ground by listening to those protesting against subsidy removal that time and privatisation of our refineries. Jonathan is such a coward. I'd have gone ahead and done the needful if i were him. If they liked , let them hit their heads on the rock. I'd not be deterred. What those in power now protested against that time is what they did eventually, even in a senseless manner.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 2:06pm On Dec 09, 2023
tollyboy5:

I've seen alot of obidient type without brain. I never knew the once abroad too are without brain.
How does your living abroad invalidate for support for pitobi or LP?
And where in my comment did i mention igbo or ipob?

You are proving me right as typical obidient that you are
I know your type, na hunger dey do you grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by ufuosman(m): 2:07pm On Dec 09, 2023
Make I neva talk
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by tollyboy5(m): 2:10pm On Dec 09, 2023
Eriokanmi:
High cost of fuel will always have negative effect on fx, mind you. That's cause of where we are today. Check it. When fuel is available but not affordable, it will affect everything, including the GDP. Even if we stopped importing refined Petroleum products, but cost of locally produced fuel is high but fuel is available everywhere, we won't drink it. There wouid be what is called a glut....enough fuel but only a few are buying it. And if you say you will export, you'd not be able to match the foreign prices.

If the fuel is available and affordable, not only will it have positive impact on our GDP. Our fx earnings too would receive a boost. I don't even want to talk of the pdp. They caused the issue on ground by listening to those protesting against subsidy removal that time and privatisation of our refineries. Jonathan is such a coward. I'd have gone ahead and done the needful if i were him. If they liked , let them hit their heads on the rock. I'd not be deterred. What those in power now protested against that time is what they did eventually, even in a senseless manner.
I'm finding it difficult to get you. Because every business man who opens a factory will want to sell at an international standard. So exporting will eventually save us more forex that will be pumped into the economy.
Reduction in purchasing power of petrol will not affect much within Nigeria because it ought to be for a limited time till naira gain strength against the dollar, beside the recent improvement in the power sector has greatly reduce the much dependence on generator and I'm sure further improvement will come once the exchange rate goes back to normal and subsidy on power sector is removed.
Those that might be affected mostly are those in the transport business.
But think of it, if your salary of 40k could purchase goods of 40$ and later on due to less scarcity of dollar in the Nigeria economy your 40k could purchase 80$ worth goods then the effect of paying more for transportation would be equally balanced.

What i don't get from your analysis is how our export wont stabilize our foreign exchange.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by goldmatrix(m): 2:11pm On Dec 09, 2023
😀 Foolish Nigerians. They keep moving goalpost for you and you keep clapping.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by tollyboy5(m): 2:20pm On Dec 09, 2023
goldmatrix:
😀 Foolish Nigerians. They keep moving goalpost for you and you keep clapping.
Lagos blue line metro project was shifted till will can now use metro rail in lagos. Any project in Lagos will surely function even if it was delayed. Redline rail starting next year making Lagos the only state in Nigeria with inter city modern metro line.

That was how lekki port and imota rice mill was shifted but are now working, with the second international airport being constructed at lekki freetrade zone.
Thats Lagos for you.
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by tollyboy5(m): 2:23pm On Dec 09, 2023
erico2k2:

I know your type, na hunger dey do you grin grin grin grin
Thats the best you could do. Ride on!
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Blazebond(m): 2:41pm On Dec 09, 2023
This lazy business man wants to sell his products in other African nations o,fg must be very tough with him to make sure that he brings the price down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G / Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Beware Of Fraudsters / 5 Annoying Things Anyone That Uses A Nigerian Bank Can Understand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.