Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. (69514 Views)

'How Tomato Paste Importers Are Killing Nigerians' - Erisco Foods (2015) / Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding / Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by AncientAlien(m): 5:17pm On Dec 12, 2023
mabea:
What's so special about it? I guess you just saw a strange package and that really makes it something.
Yes. That's it, except he/she wanted to compare price or quality.
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by mabea: 5:18pm On Dec 12, 2023
AncientAlien:

Yes. That's it, except he/she wanted to compare price or quality.
Exactly
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by JAWBONE(m): 5:19pm On Dec 12, 2023
Offpointng:

No difference oga. tomatoes are tomatoes na ur mind dey make u feel you're on some specials

They are made from different species of tomatoes. Italians take their tomatoes serious

1 Like

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by zionstaar75: 5:22pm On Dec 12, 2023
Offpointng:

No difference oga. tomatoes are tomatoes na ur mind dey make u feel you're on some specials
your name is really affecting your life I can see. Italy produces one of the best tomatoes in the world. I've not seen any sensible post from you today, is that how you waste your life

1 Like

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by zedegit: 5:22pm On Dec 12, 2023
Nice2023:

I don't like eating it but the first time It was used to cook spaghetti,that was the day I loved it all.

It taste different from Nigerian ones...I mean it.

Of course it should.
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Tamires: 5:22pm On Dec 12, 2023
Nazgul:

For real...I saw Derica last when I was a child. I doubt it's still sold in Nigerians markets.
Derica Is still very common here in My area
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by tecnolad(m): 5:24pm On Dec 12, 2023
saasala:
Because it is from Italo, you must say it taste different...

Shiiooorrr

The inferiority complex sh1t started with your sister sending something as sh1tty as tomato paste from Italo.

I wont be surprised if she sends some garri over too

He's not wrong, bro. Even our regular soda (coca cola, Fanta and sprite) taste different from same products from other countries.

Even seasonings, bro. It was mind-blowing for me too, but it's real.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by sholay2011(m): 5:26pm On Dec 12, 2023
planetx:
What kind of job is your sister doing in Italy?
lol...
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by lexy2014: 5:27pm On Dec 12, 2023
Offpointng:

in this case, its not actually tomatoes but tomato paste.

mind u, there re different tomato which have different taste

1 Like

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by LikeAking: 5:28pm On Dec 12, 2023
saasala:
Because it is from Italo, you must say it taste different...

Shiiooorrr

The inferiority complex sh1t started with your sister sending something as sh1tty as tomato paste from Italo.

I wont be surprised if she sends some garri over too

Quiet!
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Badgers14: 5:33pm On Dec 12, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

White Worship

Swiss Garri should be more nutritious than ours, same as Swedish Ogbono

Not so much oga.

There's a difference. Personally I don't think any country does tomatoes like Italy. Even today in the stores across the world.. it is Roma tomatoes.

We could also have the same conversation in anything else out there.. Beer etc.. we can't compare star, life etc with German beer which many people think is the best but for me , I give it up to Belgium. I think k Belgium has the best beer.

We have chocolate factories in Nigeria but for me, I am in between Swiss chocolate or Belgian chocolate because I think those tastes better and their quality is top notch that spans centuries.

9ja products they are typically good in the first few years and then they drop their standards.. check five alive, chivita products etc..

Just like everything else..

3 Likes

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by uuzba(m): 5:39pm On Dec 12, 2023
Nice2023:

I don't like eating it but the first time It was used to cook spaghetti,that was the day I loved it all.

The one that slave imigrants pick in Italy for €3 per day.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2017/oct/24/the-terrible-truth-about-your-tin-of-italian-tomatoes

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Tyriq: 5:41pm On Dec 12, 2023
Nicepoker:
Not sugar actually. Its corn syrup and corn starch.
Corn syrup is stil suga. Una go de confuse una selves
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by freshvine(f): 5:45pm On Dec 12, 2023
Offpointng:

Taste foreign coke taste Nigeria made. Come back and argue.

1 Like

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Cantonese: 5:47pm On Dec 12, 2023
Nice2023:
They are quite different in both taste abd quality.

Nothing feels better than fresh tomatoes, finely ground and well cooked. The taste is much better and it is 100% natural.

We have been told several times to avoid canned food.

1 Like

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by enemyofprogress: 5:49pm On Dec 12, 2023
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by ednut1(m): 5:54pm On Dec 12, 2023
mariahAngel:

Iyalaya google!
No go whyne yourself.

While they were at it, did they tell you what to took from Africa?

If it were up to white people, they'd take credit for our existence also.
As long as they have brainwashed people like you to defend their sh!t. 🙄
they took palm oil which was instrumental in oiling their machines during Industrial Revolution. They took humans( slaves) who worked for free in the plantations of Americas. Etc. go and learn instead of being ignorant. Fact still remains that they brought tomatoes which was the original argument.

1 Like

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by mariahAngel(f): 5:59pm On Dec 12, 2023
ednut1:
they took palm oil which was instrumental in oiling their machines during Industrial Revolution. They took humans( slaves) who worked for free in the plantations of Americas. Etc. go and learn instead of being ignorant. Fact still remains that they brought tomatoes which was the original argument.

Just look at yourself. cheesy
In a desperate bid to win an argument.

O ti lo!
I laa!
grin
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by chrisblack: 6:01pm On Dec 12, 2023
Offpointng:

Guy ,you they lie. tomatoes get grade. When you chop oyinbo tomatoes ,you go no say, Quality pass quantity
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Fcwilly: 6:05pm On Dec 12, 2023
Nice2023:

Please can you send me some? please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Hawkler: 6:08pm On Dec 12, 2023
jeromestarks:
The camera is too bad. I could not make any sense of your post.

Even if you're using it A20, it can not be this bad.

Very very poor picture quality.
I will slap you if you post this kinda nonsense again. Haba!
They have not send his/her new phone from Milan which is why he/she is managing the one at hand now. No vex
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Nice2023(m): 6:36pm On Dec 12, 2023
Allisgud:
Na sugar u dey chop so

Italians don't use sugar but Chinese.
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Nice2023(m): 6:37pm On Dec 12, 2023
Benwallt:

You are a liar oga. Abeg clean your mouth. I know you're from Edo State.

I am igbo...but wait first,must everything be about tribe.

U are dull guy,in fact too dull.
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Pauliaette(m): 6:38pm On Dec 12, 2023
See wetin una dey compare, nothing works in Nigeria naha. If u open Titus tin, u will know what I mean. Water naha grin grin grin grin
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Benwallt(m): 6:40pm On Dec 12, 2023
Nice2023:

I am igbo...but wait first,must everything be about tribe.

U are dull guy,in fact too dull.

You are dullard and a drunkard. You nor no say Italy is reserved for Benin people.

Mumu tribalist. So poor you don't recognise pun
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Nice2023(m): 6:40pm On Dec 12, 2023
ShoeGetSize:
Abeg no vex, but wetin your sister dey do for Italy?

She is simply a citizen of Italy.

Studied there,married there and doing so well.
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by mctech(m): 6:41pm On Dec 12, 2023
Offpointng:

tomatoes are tomatoes na ur mind dey make u feel you're on some specials

This assertion is wrong. Tomato paste is made from corn starch and tomato concentrate.

In Nigeria, I believe they use corn starch, red colourant and tomato flavor.

What we consume here can never be sold abroad.
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Richyfj(m): 6:57pm On Dec 12, 2023
Nigeria Tomatoes is the best hoooo
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by sirgalahad26(m): 7:03pm On Dec 12, 2023
Offpointng:

Which update is this one again grin grin
Have you ever wondered why they're sweet?
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Beremx(f): 7:16pm On Dec 12, 2023
Prigidypogodo:
ohh sweet Beremx
come and cook for me
grin grin how you dey? Compliments of the season

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by edunaragold(f): 7:17pm On Dec 12, 2023
Nice2023:

pls stop eating that , didn't u watch a fb video were it was stated that those food cos kidney failure,tintomato,has preservatives,diff chemical, indomin etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is Agbalumo Called In English / What Is This Fruit Called In Your Native Language? / Lady Who Is Expert In Slicing Okro Called A 'Wife Material' (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.