Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa (36091 Views)

Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / N600k/month Income Abroad After Tax OR N1.5M/month Income In Nigeria? / 10 Best Countries For Foreigners To Work Abroad After Studying There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by Cromagnon: 2:50pm On Dec 13, 2023
sukkot:
So guys we need to understand that women are drawn to protectors and alpha and strong men. It is how they are wired.

Something happens to a Nigerian man when he gets abroad and the women notice it. The man gets emasculated by society.

He goes from being a strong figure of authority in Africa to an unwanted disrespected black man in the west.

Even a 17 year old white boy on the job can almost slap that 40 year old naija man on the job and he will be shaking and calling the 17 year old boy, Sir.

The man is emasculated by society. Goes from being an alpha dog in naija to a puppy in the west.

Our women sense these things and to a woman if you are not an alpha dog you are just useless.

You start emptying the trash and making breakfast and washing dishes now as the man. Jobs that you used to hire maids to do for you in naija.

Not only can a 17 year old white boy disrespect you on the job but you are now a dishwasher at home. You have no value in society.

Anywhere you turn up you are not celebrated but tolerated.

After a while the woman starts to see that this guy is truly worthless to me, why do I need to coexist with this emasculated societal reject ?

I am better off by myself and I can get a better job than him here as a nurse.

He has become a burden to me.

This is why most women chase their husbands away from home after they both relocate abroad
nah
Its mainly child support and alimony laws.
Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by newnigerdelta00: 2:51pm On Dec 13, 2023
sukkot:
So guys we need to understand that women are drawn to protectors and alpha and strong men. It is how they are wired.

Something happens to a Nigerian man when he gets abroad and the women notice it. The man gets emasculated by society.

He goes from being a strong figure of authority in Africa to an unwanted disrespected black man in the west.

Even a 17 year old white boy on the job can almost slap that 40 year old naija man on the job and he will be shaking and calling the 17 year old boy, Sir.

The man is emasculated by society. Goes from being an alpha dog in naija to a puppy in the west.

Our women sense these things and to a woman if you are not an alpha dog you are just useless.

You start emptying the trash and making breakfast and washing dishes now as the man. Jobs that you used to hire maids to do for you in naija.

Not only can a 17 year old white boy disrespect you on the job but you are now a dishwasher at home. You have no value in society.

Anywhere you turn up you are not celebrated but tolerated.

After a while the woman starts to see that this guy is truly worthless to me, why do I need to coexist with this emasculated societal reject ?

I am better off by myself and I can get a better job than him here as a nurse.

He has become a burden to me.

This is why most women chase their husbands away from home after they both relocate abroad

Because they're useless obidients women
Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by BigBashiru: 2:53pm On Dec 13, 2023
Mentholated:

Marriage is an outdated tradition abroad. Totally unnecessary. Humans naturally get tired of one another but cling on each other for survival. Once you exit survival mode, you will naturally want to have more freedom to explore life. Once you are in a non- judgemental society, the rest is history.

I believe that marriage in its traditional form is outdated and needs to be reformed....one of hose reforms is that it should be made normal for women to bring money to run the house.....this is partly because they are more loyal to their feelings than to your sacrifices....even after bearing all the financial burdens, she could wake up one day, with changed feelings towards you and leave you....

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by sukkot: 2:53pm On Dec 13, 2023
AngelicBeing:
Trolling sukkot at it again but I agree with your post
you stole my pic bro lol grin

1 Like

Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by AngelicBeing: 2:55pm On Dec 13, 2023
sukkot:
you stole my pic bro lol grin
Hian tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 13, 2023
ednut1:
There is one major characteristic of those men. They used money to entice the woman in Nigeria. You are a 29 years old man doing well, na 19 years old babe you go date or marry. Sponsor her through school, pay her parents rent and siblings bills. Now the bad part- emotionally and physical abuse, her opinions don’t matter, during NYSC you quickly marry and give her belle and prevent her getting a career. you know she cant leave because she is dependent on you.

But when you reach abroad, she can enter lucrative fields like nursing and tech. Starts earning good money and contributing to the bills. With her workload, child care . Many Nigerian men refuse to adjust to the realities and demand she cooks, does all the chores like in Nigeria. You still carry cheating come abroad. With time she begins to see there is no need for you and sends you packing. Many times its payback for patriarchy in Nigeria. Marriages where the man was a good man in Nigeria mostly still waxing strong abroad.
Thank you for being honest.

Magnoliaa come and share the grace let everybody go home

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by OgogoroDegree: 2:56pm On Dec 13, 2023
ednut1:
There is one major characteristic of those men. They used money to entice the woman in Nigeria. You are a 29 years old man doing well, na 19 years old babe you go date or marry. Sponsor her through school, pay her parents rent and siblings bills. Now the bad part- emotionally and physical abuse, her opinions don’t matter, during NYSC you quickly marry and give her belle and prevent her getting a career. you know she cant leave because she is dependent on you.

But when you reach abroad, she can enter lucrative fields like nursing and tech. Starts earning good money and contributing to the bills. With her workload, child care . Many Nigerian men refuse to adjust to the realities and demand she cooks, does all the chores like in Nigeria. You still carry cheating come abroad. With time she begins to see there is no need for you and sends you packing. Many times its payback for patriarchy in Nigeria. Marriages where the man was a good man in Nigeria mostly still waxing strong abroad.

Sukkot and co,
This is what I have to say,
1st- Marriage in the west is more like a business transaction.
Let me explain,
For 9ja, when you are ready to marry, the last thing the a rich MAN or a rich WOMAN will discuss is that "hope you won't take half of my wealth Incase we separate or initial a conversation with the inlaws on why she need to sign a prenup.

2nd- the main context of marriage is lost in the west.
Let me explain,
I believe if there is any form of union or partnership, under the umbrella of tradition, culture, and religion. There are rules and customs that must be adhere to. And every wrong moves comes with consequence.
But in the west, the bread winner bears it all.
If a man/woman is the breadwinner in the his/her partner make a bad decision(name it all), leading to divorce, the bread winner will suffer dearly.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 13, 2023
NwaliE01:

You're so so ignorant of what you're saying.

THERE'S NOTHING like SIR abroad Mr man.
Stop spewing lies.
I have been abroad for couple of years now, I have NEVER address anyone as SIR. Oyibo don't even understand what it mean.

grin grin grin
Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by ednut1(m): 3:03pm On Dec 13, 2023
VirginFinder:

Trash!

Once a woman senses you are weak and vulnerable, she will bully you to submission.
weather you are weak or strong in the west once they call police for you. You are a goner whether or not you bought the house especially when kids are also involved

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by Sanchez01: 3:03pm On Dec 13, 2023
sukkot:
na maid now lol. pay them well though. i do not support slavery. pay your maid 100k per month so she is happy and not frowning
Bro, that part of your write up isn’t the flex you think it is. Emptying trash anywhere in the world is strenuous and should be a man’s responsibility. This isn’t about any toxic masculinity. The main reason why marriages fall apart after couples japa is because of this maid issue. Men in those positions don’t consider themselves fit for chores and have the notion that women should be the one in the kitchen. Unfortunately, maids charge an arm and a leg per hour which doesn’t make them ideal to most people even when they are overwhelmed.

Divorce is inevitable for any Nigerian man with a traditional mindset, particularly about chores and the home. I see and read them a lot and it isn’t hard to figure.

5 Likes

Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by ednut1(m): 3:05pm On Dec 13, 2023
DKM123:

You are intelligent and wise.

This Idiats screaming Alfa malu upandan assume they know how women think but they are unbelievable clueless and stewpid as fcuuuk!

Your government is k!lling you and you are here docile and laid-back like a wet pussy but once you hear woman, you begin to roar afamale. The Whyte man wey dey wash the dishes and cook for his family
and isn't saying cooking for your family reduces you, naim dey rule the so called Nigerian afamalu....
Alpha males with no valuable networth saying a woman is a gold digger or wants them for money. But bro you gat nothing 🤣

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by Firstcitizen: 3:08pm On Dec 13, 2023
I know a few men who do house chores and their wives still found a reason to leave them once they taste power abroad.

Truth be told. A black woman cannot handle power. Ask those who have experienced female bosses or a landlady in Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by BrazilianOG(m): 3:10pm On Dec 13, 2023
1Sharon:
That's the exact reason why they are also killing their wives. They come to the West and feel emasculated, inadequate and insecure.

They end up taking their anger out on the easy target: their wife.

Alot of African women in the West are more successful than the men, but in Nigeria reverse is the case.
Ode
Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by shadrach77: 3:12pm On Dec 13, 2023
luminouz:
See the lives of Nigerian women. Small freedom they turn King Kong for husband.

This is why the redpill is vital for men. Vet, vet and vet her and let her greenlight your ass before you tie the knot so you don't become a poverty alleviation program for a woman.

Many married men in the UK are crying as we speak. I have counseled 7 whose wives turned viragoes because they have started earning money and so they can party and come home late and husband must not talk. One woman threatened to report her husband because she came home late and her husband complained. The next morning, his son looked mournfully at him and said 'Daddy, mummy doesn't love you. I overheard her and her friends discussing how you will suffer'. He almost bought himself a gun to shoot her till I counseled him. This was a woman he trained through nursing school after marrying her.

Is it a wonder why the cases of men killing their women abroad is on the rise? Nope. Infact I expect it to keep rising given the 2020-2023 Japan rush many couples undertook.

N.B: Why is it that when a man makes money, the next thing society wants is for him to get married. Almost everyone in his life will egg him on to have a wife and be 'responsible' but when a woman has money, she believes she doesn't need a man and starts behaving like a Bantu witch to her husband and society goes 'you are an independent woman who needs no man'. What's with money, status and a little bit of freedom that make these naija women lose it? Na poverty mindset or myopic mentality?

N.B: One dude in Scotland,UK committed suicide just two weeks ago. His lawfully wedded wife was caught shagging his friend. He, as the dependant, was working three shifts to support the wife's education, despite knowing she cheats. The last straw was two weeks ago when she served him divorce papers. They entered the UK in April.

Should I still continue? Cases boku for my hand. Men, lemme say it again. Swallow the redpill, ingest it, love it,kiss it, caress it, fuq it and LIVE IT. The day you stop being an Alpha and lose your frame, is the day you die. You already started life two goals down as a man. No one gives a shit about you till you make it. Infact, there is nothing you are loved for if not your usefulness. To make it and still fall into the hands of a leech as a wife/gf is a double-triple-combo suffering I won't wish on any man.

STAY PILLED OR DIE!!!

What is red pill?

1 Like

Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by VIKTO83(m): 3:13pm On Dec 13, 2023
I've read some reactions / reply and all I can tell the OP is 'MAKE MONEY'.
The society is d same when u have money.
Money breeds respect. There's no man that gets respect by being macho or by having deep masculine tone.
All u need to be in charge is Money.
I mean real money.

3 Likes

Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by Elohe001: 3:14pm On Dec 13, 2023
Cuz their laws favour the bitches and hoes ova em pussyass gees... that's the loophole the bitches use and manipulate em pussyass gees..E O D

1 Like

Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by Elohe001: 3:15pm On Dec 13, 2023
Cuz their laws favour all bitches and hoes ova em pussyass gees... that's the loophole the bitches use and manipulate em pussyass gees..E O D
Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by 1Sharon(f): 3:15pm On Dec 13, 2023
BrazilianOG:
Ode

Sorry. Does the shoe fit?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by Sanchez01: 3:16pm On Dec 13, 2023
richie240:
Bros, sorry to say, but u nor get am.
He's speaking from experience; and let's even assume u aren't married neither been to jandon before, all d ones we dey read for social media nko?

You see 'bleeders' u still dey ask where devil dey.
Ok o.
cool
Lol! Stop with the assumptions. I’m married and living in the US. Our traditional mindset on marriages as Africans and Nigerians are pretty outdated. I know a couple currently having issues in their marriage because this bush guy married the wife early before they both came down here and still want to impose his bush behavior on her. She’s presently studying for nursing and already rebelling against her husband. Except the woman is a terrible person naturally, most cases of divorce concerning Nigerians in diaspora are mostly as a result of the men’s mindset.

As far as marriage is concerned, in Nigeria or in diaspora, no woman will take her modern, supportive husband for granted, except it’s village people. I know there are some demonic women who just want to destroy all their husband worked and labored for but you can’t possibly tell me every Nigerian woman who push for divorce is bad.

Ednut is the only person on point on this thread, at least, based on what I read on the first page. This thread is nothing but half truth and not the flex you all think it is.

If you have a traditional mindset as a man and you’re stuck in your ways, with no room to adapt, by all means DO NOT JAPA WITH YOUR WIFE. If you do, she’ll dump you like a bag of hot potatoes.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by Analyst7: 3:18pm On Dec 13, 2023
U guys are always finding every theory to justify women wickedness and shallowness..I’ve never seen a theory about how men lost their sense because they travelled and they met fine looking banny while they abandoned their family totally, even if the man divorce, he will always take care of the children…the way y’all pedestalize women nowadays will ruin the world

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by OgaTheTop2: 3:20pm On Dec 13, 2023
NwaliE01:

Stop spewing lies.
I have been abroad for couple of years now, I have NEVER address anyone as SIR. Oyibo don't even understand what it mean.

Don't mind him. His submission is full buuullllshiit!

1 Like

Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by hkidola00(m): 3:22pm On Dec 13, 2023
omo i get chill reading this, what do you say we men do
luminouz:
See the lives of Nigerian women. Small freedom they turn King Kong for husband.

This is why the redpill is vital for men. Vet, vet and vet her and let her greenlight your ass before you tie the knot so you don't become a poverty alleviation program for a woman.

Many married men in the UK are crying as we speak. I have counseled 7 whose wives turned viragoes because they have started earning money and so they can party and come home late and husband must not talk. One woman threatened to report her husband because she came home late and her husband complained. The next morning, his son looked mournfully at him and said 'Daddy, mummy doesn't love you. I overheard her and her friends discussing how you will suffer'. He almost bought himself a gun to shoot her till I counseled him. This was a woman he trained through nursing school after marrying her.

Is it a wonder why the cases of men killing their women abroad is on the rise? Nope. Infact I expect it to keep rising given the 2020-2023 Japan rush many couples undertook.

N.B: Why is it that when a man makes money, the next thing society wants is for him to get married. Almost everyone in his life will egg him on to have a wife and be 'responsible' but when a woman has money, she believes she doesn't need a man and starts behaving like a Bantu witch to her husband and society goes 'you are an independent woman who needs no man'. What's with money, status and a little bit of freedom that make these naija women lose it? Na poverty mindset or myopic mentality?

N.B: One dude in Scotland,UK committed suicide just two weeks ago. His lawfully wedded wife was caught shagging his friend. He, as the dependant, was working three shifts to support the wife's education, despite knowing she cheats. The last straw was two weeks ago when she served him divorce papers. They entered the UK in April.

Should I still continue? Cases boku for my hand. Men, lemme say it again. Swallow the redpill, ingest it, love it,kiss it, caress it, fuq it and LIVE IT. The day you stop being an Alpha and lose your frame, is the day you die. You already started life two goals down as a man. No one gives a shit about you till you make it. Infact, there is nothing you are loved for if not your usefulness. To make it and still fall into the hands of a leech as a wife/gf is a double-triple-combo suffering I won't wish on any man.

STAY PILLED OR DIE!!!

Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by BrazilianOG(m): 3:23pm On Dec 13, 2023
1Sharon:

Sorry. Does the shoe fit?
Your fvckin gender always trying to play the victim
Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by nearline(m): 3:28pm On Dec 13, 2023
sukkot:
hmmm i wouldnt say i am emasculated, in fact the problem is that i cant be emasculated. i am a spiritual warrior. Orunmila baba ifa. thats me. and to harness my powers and have access to universal information in the electromagnetic ethers the angels told me i need to be close to the equator. see, the tropic of cancer and tropic of capricorn where the west exists are spiritually dead zones. Orunmila cannot thrive in a spiritually dead region. the west is my prison and africa is my throne. so i had to return to my throne
👍🏾

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by deyplay: 3:31pm On Dec 13, 2023
NwaliE01:

Stop spewing lies.

Don't mind the guy writing from a myopic perspective of someone living Nigeria. And who told you that all immigrants are dish washers. Plus, dish washing, lack of jobs and low pay is not exclusive to immigrants alone. It happens to everyone. There are immigrants who started earning in 6 digits or close to in their first year abroad. All these myths and folktales of dish washing and toilet cleaning etc are for perhaps skillless and uneducated immigrants or just few months of arrival as a means of survival.

5 Likes

Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by sukkot: 3:40pm On Dec 13, 2023
deyplay:
Don't mind the guy writing from a myopic perspective of someone living Nigeria. And who told you that all immigrants are dish washers. Plus, dish washing, lack of jobs and low pay is not exclusive to immigrants alone. It happens to everyone. There are immigrants who started earning in 6 digits or close to in their first year abroad. All these myths and folktales of dish washing and toilet cleaning etc are for perhaps skillless and uneducated immigrants or just few months of arrival as a means of survival.
dishwashing at home. no more maids.
Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by NwaliE01: 3:44pm On Dec 13, 2023
deyplay:
Sure, I started earning six digits weekly my first few weeks in Australia and I didn't wash dish or do house cleaning. Our destinies are different. I think people's negative perception sells faster than the positive, and most people are just waiting for an opportunity to vent their premeditated thoughts.
My brother, let's not give so much attention to that guy.
Thanks for clarifying 👍 😀
Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by sukkot: 3:45pm On Dec 13, 2023
NwaliE01:

Stop spewing lies.

maybe you are in russia or chile but in the UK, addressing people as SIR and MADAM is the norm. as a 50 year old naija guy you will call your 18 year old oyinbo supervisor SIR
Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by NwaliE01: 3:47pm On Dec 13, 2023
sukkot:
maybe you are in russia or chile but in the UK, addressing people as SIR and MADAM is the norm. as a 50 year old naija guy you will call your 18 year old oyinbo supervisor SIR
Thanks for clarifying. Well, I am in Australia. We don't call anyone sir here. We call you by your first name regardless of your age or status.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by VirginFinder: 3:51pm On Dec 13, 2023
ednut1:
weather you are weak or strong in the west once they call police for you. You are a goner whether or not you bought the house especially when kids are also involved

That's the vulnerability I am referring to. Once a woman knows she has the upper hand she will ride you. angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by YourKarma: 3:53pm On Dec 13, 2023
SouthSouth1914:

Full of incredible conclusions on situations that goes beyond comprehension. If you have a professional job, wealthy and highly skilled. No one will disrespect nor disregard you in anyway, especially your wife.

What you wrote up there is clearly for broke people who made it by chance to overseas!

this is totally false

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa by Magnoliaa(f): 3:53pm On Dec 13, 2023
Persephone1:
Thank you for being honest.

Magno liaa come and share the grace let everybody go home

I do not know the dynamics of those marriages as intimately as ednut has put it; infact, I have just learnt from his opinion. And based on your judgment, and the likes and comments agreeing with him, I have to take it as the solemn truth.

So...

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ,
Be with us now and forever more. Amen.

*proceeds to sing recessional hymn as members of forum file outside the church's santuary*. 🤣🤣

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? / I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) / Breathtaking Waterfalls In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.