Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? (36039 Views)

How Many States Have You Visited in Nigeria And Which State Did You Enjoy Most? / How Many States Have You Visited In Nigeria? / 12 Most Beautiful Cities In Africa 2018 (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by Joclebs(m): 8:59pm On Sep 15, 2022
Personally, I'd list Ikeja, Owerri, Portharcourt , Abuja, Kano and Uyo.
I've visited this cities and I think they're the best Nigeria has got!

Mention Yours!

This is a counter thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/7331448/which-state-worst-capital-nigeria

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by aylagos(m): 9:02pm On Sep 15, 2022
Ikeja, Kano and Calabar.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by ibechris(m): 9:48pm On Sep 15, 2022
ENUGU
Akwaibom
Cross river
Plateau

125 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by saintkeppy(m): 11:22pm On Sep 15, 2022
ibechris:
ENUGU
Akwaibom
Cross river
Plateau
Calabar

The OP says best Capital cities i wonder why you're Putting Cross River & Calabar in the same list. You didn't used to recite States &Capital back then in school, &this how you fail simple job Interview.

371 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by Kenneth10110(m): 11:52pm On Sep 15, 2022
Porth Harcourt and then owerri only that the second is costly.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by saintkeppy(m): 1:06am On Sep 16, 2022
Joclebs:

Mention Yours!

This is a counter thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/7331448/which-state-worst-capital-nigeria

nlfpmod
Lalasticlala

Apart from Ikeja Lagos, few of the best I have reside so far:

Uyo City, Nigeria's 21st State Capital City, became State Capital since September 23rd, 1987. Next week Uyo indeed Akwa Ibom State will celebrate 35years of existence.

Uyo was Designed by Arc. Victor Bassey Attah, a renowned Architect, who later became Governor of Akwa Ibom State between 1999-2007. He is regarded as the Father of Modern Akwa Ibom State.
I call it Nigeria's 21st Century Liveable State Capital City, Residential Estates, a beffiting State Secretariat, Clean&Green environments with good sense of Hospitality by the residents, economically viable city with shops, Restaurant, Eateries, cool spots to hangout with friends. The capital city is accessible by Ibom Air via Victor Attah International Airport, or Road while cruising down the 8-Lane super-highway, Water via ferry cruise @the Nwaniba Beach near Le Meridian to&fro Calabar, Cross River State.

Ancient City of Calabar, well planned city with motorable roads with drainage system within the city, Pre-colonial buildings left behind by the white slave traders, missionaries, serene Green sceneries, home to one of the oldest Presbyterian primary school founded 1847, it will amaze you to see an ancient structures still standing tall, post primary schools such as St. Patrick College, Edgerly Girls, Holy Child@Marian Hill & Hope Wadell Institute @Diamond Hill founded by the Scottish Missionaries, higher institutions such as UNICAL, CRUTECH are all in Calabar, the city supports businesses especially Tourism&Hospitality, Eatries there offers you some of the best cuisines for your healthy living grin as well as impressive nightlife.
Small scale import&export, the city is accessible by Air, Land & Water via Calabar Port to neighbouring African countries such as Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon etc. with High commission offices in the city.
The acronym is:
C•ome
A•nd
L•ive
A•nd
B•e
A•t
R•est.

Port Harcourt City, Africa's Oil&Gas Capital is well planned as well thanks to the wonderful work Gov. Wike is doing to solve the perennial traffic jam the city is known for, by providing key road Infrastructures to make the city easy to navigate. They host some of the best residential estates, markets, shopping malls, 3&5-star Hotels around, 4 major Higher Institutions is located in this city, due to presence of Oil&Gas companies, the city is economically viable, you can imagine public transport or taxi driving is a modest business one can venture into.
As Port City it is accessible by Water, the channel, Atlantic coast, Air via International Airport, &Land which proximity to an ever-busy International market @Aba, East of the Niger.

I have visited Ikeja, Lagos they have massive Infrastructures there,

Hilly city of Enugu, Capital of the old Eastern Region with red soil, they have good roads.

Owerri is nice&it's nightlife. cool

Kaduna city.

New Ibadan should be created Capital city of Oyo State cos Ibadan is too big especially the old part of the city. cheesy

You can add yours.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by ASAPFERG1: 1:18am On Sep 16, 2022
All SW states..followed by North west

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by ENG0701: 1:46am On Sep 16, 2022
If you like night life, it is Owerri and Jos.
For Serenity, I will choose Enugu
Overall, I will say Ikeja, Calabar, or Kaduna.
My opinion after visiting about 25 states

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by internationalman(m): 8:45am On Sep 16, 2022
Out of the 36 States in Nigeria, there's only one capital City is attached to it's name.

Ladies and gentlemen let's give it up for Benin City.

The best capital City in Nigeria where the king is truly king.

37 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by FalseProphet1(m): 8:39pm On Sep 16, 2022
Nigeria is a shit hole. A shit hole doesn't have any enviable structure. Know this and know peace.

This I have seen.

6 Likes

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by slawomir: 8:39pm On Sep 16, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Benin city anyday anytime twice on Friday

That round about alone that connect the entire city is second to known
The only city way them spell well for Nigeria map

The Portuguese and the whites were shocked during those times how come the Edos got the beautiful idea of connecting the entire city as at when they thought Africans are not civilized

66 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by yahmohy27: 8:40pm On Sep 16, 2022
ibechris:
ENUGU
Akwaibom
Cross river
Plateau
Calabar
Ipob sentiment activated

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by tolumizzy(m): 8:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by meobizy(f): 8:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
SS2 Geography thread. I’m out.

6 Likes

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by FatherOfJesus: 8:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
Kaduna
Kano
Rivers
Enugu
Imo
Akwa ibom
Crossrivers
Oyo

17 Likes

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by Bryan88(m): 8:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
saintkeppy:

The OP says best Capital cities i wonder why youre Putting Cross River & Calabar in the same list
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by abobote: 8:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
Uyo
Calabar
PH
Owerri
Ikeja

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by Iykenuwa(m): 8:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
internationalman:
Out of the who 36 States in Nigeria, there's only one capital City is attached to it's name.

Ladies and gentlemen let's give it up for Benin City.

The best capital City in Nigeria where the king is truly king.

The city with the best road network in Nigeria.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
Ikeja Lagos state, and Calabar city

6 Likes

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by Kingpele(m): 8:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
Enugu, Awka,Abakiliki ,ikeja,uyo, yenegoa and calabar ,na Hotel full owerri..

16 Likes

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by yahmohy27: 8:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
saintkeppy:

The OP says best Capital cities i wonder why youre Putting Cross River & Calabar in the same list
He never travels out of the ipob zone before

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by VOsimhen144(m): 8:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
Ikeja
Benin
Asaba
Port Harcourt

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by CurrentSamuel(m): 8:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
Ebonyi state has the most beautiful capital City as at today

30 Likes

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by omoredia: 8:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
It is dangerous for us to let people who hate this country with passion to lead us again

8 Likes

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by Sabadon(m): 8:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
Uyo
Ikeja
Enugu
Kano
Calabar
Ibadan to some extent......

18 Likes

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by IrepChrist: 8:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
Gombe State - Gombe

3 Likes

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by ObituaryYebo: 8:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
Ikeja is second to none
Kano 2nd
Ibadan 3rd
Uyo 4th
PH 5th

13 Likes

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by SultanOfPuna: 8:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
Ok
Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by LongwayGone2021: 8:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
Nobody mentioned Awka of Anambra state so far, why?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by owiko(m): 8:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
If it is not wickedness rooting for APC or PDP, then I don't know what is. Vote ObiDatti, vote good governance. Let's change the ills we consider as normal

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? by yuzjet(m): 8:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
Abeokuta undecided

Let's give respect to Gusau, Lokoja, Osogbo, Minna, Dutse and Yola.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lone Man Repairs Highway In Ogun To Save Motorists From Gridlock / Truck Crushes A Toyota Highlander At Fadeyi, Ikorodu Road (photos) / Mass Burial Of 30 People That Died In Accident In Imo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.