Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,893 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Which Is More Economical For A Large Family - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Is More Economical For A Large Family (25950 Views)

Between Live Chicken and a Frozen One, Which One Is More Economical? / Which Is More Economical Now? / In Nigeria these days, It Is More Economical To Eat In An Eatery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by lonelyatdtop: 1:38pm On Dec 13, 2023
Please let's rub minds, which is more economical, with this harsh economy and weather conditions, one cannot do without bathing with boiling point water, And cost of everything has skyrocketed, a bag of charcoal is above 5k, 1kg of gas is above a thousand naira and kerosene is also nothing to write home about, so please, I'd like to know how you cope with your families this season, which do you use and why?

1. A charcoal 2. Gas 3. Kerosene 4. All or none ?
Thanks for your input.

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by 1TrippleCee: 1:44pm On Dec 13, 2023
Charcoal Bag = 3-4k

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by HeatSeeker(m): 1:47pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:
Please let's rub minds, which is more economical, with this harsh economy and weather conditions, one cannot do without bathing with boiling point water, And cost of everything has skyrocketed, a bag of charcoal is above 5k, 1kg of gas is above a thousand naira and kerosene is also nothing to write home about, so please, I'd like to know how you cope with your families this season, which do you use and why?

Thanks for your input.

Please try to adapt to bathing with ordinary water. It will not kill you; in fact it will make your body stronger. I haven't used warm/hot water for bathing in over 10 years. You will not die.

173 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by ikeno(m): 1:56pm On Dec 13, 2023
Charcoal is more economical but there's a down side to it. It takes time to catch fire,for major cooking, not has fast as gas.
But Oga, why should you be using hot water to bath.

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by wunmi590(m): 2:01pm On Dec 13, 2023

Things are hard and the economy is not smiling at all..

I've gas just for soft food and boil water 💧 while the coal pot is used to cook beans 🫘.. That the work of my wife, she has been improvising all these while, so most times my 12.5kg and 6kg cylinder both last me for 3-4month sometimes...

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by lonelyatdtop: 2:03pm On Dec 13, 2023
ikeno:
Charcoal is more economical but there's a down side to it. It takes time to catch fire,for major cooking, not has fast as gas.
But Oga, why should you be using hot water to bath.
It's the weather my brother, I have not seen or heard of anyone bathing with normal temperature water here in Jos.

155 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by lonelyatdtop: 2:06pm On Dec 13, 2023
HeatSeeker:

Please try to adapt to bathing with ordinary water. It will not kill you; in fact it will make your body stronger. I haven't used warm/hot water for bathing in over 10 years. You will not die.
it is direct suicide bathing with normal temperature water in Jos. it usually freezing cold during this season.

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by 1TrippleCee: 2:07pm On Dec 13, 2023
Firewood is the cheapest option

3 Likes

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by lonelyatdtop: 2:10pm On Dec 13, 2023
1TrippleCee:
Firewood is the cheapest option
Yes, that's if you have the space , also it is very stressful.

8 Likes

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by 1TrippleCee: 2:11pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

Yes, that's if you have the space , also it is very stressful.

You buy it bundled. The sellers have done the cutting. Otherwise, charcoal is the way out !

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by HeatSeeker(m): 2:30pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

it is direct suicide bathing with normal temperature water in Jos. it usually freezing cold during this season.

Hmmm...

Apologies for my earlier response. Use charcoal, it is much more economical.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by lonelyatdtop: 3:06pm On Dec 13, 2023
[quote author=wunmi590 post=127462986]

Things are hard and the economy is not smiling at all..

I've gas just for soft food and boil water 💧 while the coal pot is used to cook beans 🫘.. That the work of my wife, she has been improvising all these while, so most times my 12.5kg and 6kg cylinder both last me for 3-4month sometimes...

Honestly, this is what I do too, I prepare breakfast with gas, and then dinner with charcoal, and also heat bathing water with it.
But I just find out that a bag of charcoal is now 5200, Omo! and we will still have to refill gas too! How person wan take survive sef! Thinking of switching to gas full-time.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by lonelyatdtop: 3:11pm On Dec 13, 2023
1TrippleCee:

You buy it bundled. The sellers have done the cutting. Otherwise, charcoal is the way out !
Noted sir.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by lonelyatdtop: 3:12pm On Dec 13, 2023
HeatSeeker:

Hmmm...

Apologies for my earlier response. Use charcoal, it is much more economical.
smiley
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Lovemeharder(f): 5:31pm On Dec 13, 2023
Gas.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Risingblue008(m): 5:31pm On Dec 13, 2023
Hrhr
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Bliss62: 5:31pm On Dec 13, 2023
grin

Am joking ooo

Electric stove and heater with pressure pot on a bypassed prepared meter, use it with gas stove when there is no light

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by HelloWhatsup: 5:32pm On Dec 13, 2023
That one nah tongue
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by brain54(m): 5:32pm On Dec 13, 2023
You can substitute any of the above with boiling rings...

Since light may not be that stable!

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Cantonese: 5:33pm On Dec 13, 2023
Hmm.

When we are not mai suya or iya alagbado, what is our business with charcoal or firewood? You dey live inside bush?

OP, no mind to rub here please. If you voted BAT/APC, rub your mind alone in peace.

Those who did not vote APC, use full cylinder of 12.5 or 25kg gas and nothing lesser. Allow those who did not vote for continuation of poverty, hardship and misery, enjoy their lives in peace. Do not bring your charcoal experiment. Abeg OP, dress far o.

And by the way, kerosene appears costlier than gas at the retail stations now.

7 Likes

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by kokakola: 5:33pm On Dec 13, 2023
Your Choice depends on different factors that are relative to the large family you are talking about. These factors include;
1. The number of people
2. Time factor for different individuals in the family.
3. Average daily usage.

For me, depending on the State you live and the stability of electricity in your state, Electric Heater or Hot plate is also an ideal option based on your family size, they consume less electricity if you do your energy calculations very well.

Above all, your choice and decision is relative to you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by MorataFC: 5:33pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

Thanks for your input.
What is the meaning of "All or None"?
Your statement doesn't worth it
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by jiz: 5:33pm On Dec 13, 2023
Gas is fair. Use hotplate if your house don't have prepaid meter

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by obesse: 5:33pm On Dec 13, 2023
Don't worry, use all three at the same time. E go favour you and your family!
grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by HelloWhatsup: 5:33pm On Dec 13, 2023
But firewood na im cheap pass tongue
Just be ready to clean your utensils immediately to avoid staining the entire house

4 Likes

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by sammysmiles(m): 5:33pm On Dec 13, 2023
The answer is not in the options

2 Likes

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Johnycastro18: 5:34pm On Dec 13, 2023
For a larger family charcoal is more economical.....

although it might be slower when cooking compared to gas and kerosene.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by AdeProgrammer(m): 5:34pm On Dec 13, 2023
HeatSeeker:

You're definitely not in Plateau State.

11 Likes

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by StpidNLmods: 5:36pm On Dec 13, 2023
grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by buygala(m): 5:36pm On Dec 13, 2023
Move to somewhere else in the town where Electricity has not yet been metred

I served in Jos where op said he resides.. So I know that places like Jenta Adamu, Jenta Mangoro, Jenta Makeri, Tudun Wada, Angwan Rogo, Angwar Rukuba, and Gada Biu have some places where light is still based on estimated billing... And the bills are quite cheap.

Then you can use electricity to cook, boil and fry to your heart's content

As an added bonus, rent in those kind of places are also cheaper

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Hails His Wife For Cooking Multiple Soup In The Middle Of The Night (video) / How to Lose Weight With Nigeria Food / World Food Day: What's Your Best Nigerian Food?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.