Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Which Is More Economical For A Large Family - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Is More Economical For A Large Family (25968 Views)

Between Live Chicken and a Frozen One, Which One Is More Economical? / Which Is More Economical Now? / In Nigeria these days, It Is More Economical To Eat In An Eatery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by GoodRocks: 7:06pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

It's the weather my brother, I have not seen or heard of anyone bathing with normal temperature water here in Jos.

Use hot plate if there's no prepaid meter in your house. Abeg use hold water bath oooo. Jos cold no be here
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by eteebanky1: 7:19pm On Dec 13, 2023
Omo

We have constant light in my area but shit, I'm on prepaid meter

Hot plate would have been an option for me but the way it is milking the credits on my meter, I'd rather stay put with Gas

How I wish I'm not on prepaid meter, it's over a year I put on the Air conditioner also

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Camberlo(m): 7:27pm On Dec 13, 2023
For those asking why bathing with hot water, the poster said for big family.

Back to the topic, if God bless you, all the aforementioned are needed.

1. Gas for fast foods in the house or whenever it's late

2. Charcoal for beans and other foods that may take time.

3. Keresone to support gas whenever it finishes unnoticed.

Above all, may God bless all good husbands
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Acidosis(m): 7:29pm On Dec 13, 2023
An electric kettle. It's cheaper, faster, and safer (clean energy things). The brand I use is very efficient. Water gets heated in 2-3 minutes max and water heated at 8am can serve your bathing needs at 4pm. Get yourself a stainless steel electric kettle. The heat retaining capacity is 🔥🔥

You'll think you're saving money with charcoal but it's actually a complete time, energy, and money waster. That it is difficult to use doesn't mean affordability. Same applies to kerosene. You're destroying your pot, wasting your time, while spending more money due to perpetual ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Offpoint1: 7:32pm On Dec 13, 2023
HeatSeeker:

Please try to adapt to bathing with ordinary water. It will not kill you; in fact it will make your body stronger. I haven't used warm/hot water for bathing in over 10 years. You will not die.
😂 Go and bath cold water in the northern harmattan weather, try Jos first... If dem no go hospitalized you.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by warrifinest1985: 7:34pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:
Please let's rub minds, which is more economical, with this harsh economy and weather conditions, one cannot do without bathing with boiling point water, And cost of everything has skyrocketed, a bag of charcoal is above 5k, 1kg of gas is above a thousand naira and kerosene is also nothing to write home about, so please, I'd like to know how you cope with your families this season, which do you use and why?

1. A charcoal 2. Gas 3. Kerosene 4. All or none ?
Thanks for your input.
Just use firewood since poverty don turn powder wey them dey rub for face.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by ClitRaider: 7:34pm On Dec 13, 2023
HeatSeeker:

Please try to adapt to bathing with ordinary water. It will not kill you; in fact it will make your body stronger. I haven't used warm/hot water for bathing in over 10 years. You will not die.

Hat bath ?!

Tha shitt is for women and kids.

Real men bath with ord Water, either freezing or just cold.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by AbuAeesha: 7:34pm On Dec 13, 2023
HeatSeeker:

Not everyone can adapt to bathing with cold water.
Particularly in the north here where temperature can go below 15 degrees
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by gidjah(m): 7:37pm On Dec 13, 2023
AdeProgrammer:

You're definitely not in Plateau State.
was trying to say the same.Ifnore d person. We that live up north knows what it is to cope at times like this...I have been indoors for like two days now ?thanks to the few days break I got from work which is expiring this same week too. Donu know I didnt take my bath totally y'day ..d weather was horribly cold from AM TO PM. HAD TO MAN UP TAKING MY BATH AT ABOUT NOON TODAY.thoufh mine has nothing to do with finance I just do not like cold weather , d thing makes me slow and not active even sick.Jad series of opp to be outside this nation countless times but man ran back abeg, I no fit kill my self under cold weather.All d same Nigeria is a great place to BE.Our weather is very stable compare with those of the other nation,try Europe and See shege pro max ! . HONEY use to like cold weather, she went to jos this kind season, SHE CONFESSED THAT KESUS IS LORD WITHOUT TRIBAL MARKS !?

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Teymanhenry(f): 7:53pm On Dec 13, 2023
[quote author=lonelyatdtop post=127463006]
It's the weather, my brother, I have not seen or heard of anyone bathing with normal
temperature water here in Jos.[/quote
Even C Ronaldo would not bath with cold water in Jos, especially in this current Harmattan season.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by deewhydoski(m): 8:12pm On Dec 13, 2023
HeatSeeker:

Don't come and try this in jos o. Na hospital you go land after 2 weeks
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by wunmi590(m): 8:16pm On Dec 13, 2023
Blake755:

Ah how many family members our own no dey reach 2 months sef 13kg oo

My wife and my 3years daughter with new born baby of a month
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by wunmi590(m): 8:20pm On Dec 13, 2023
[quote author=lonelyatdtop post=127463939][/quote]

Honestly, it has only been God that has been helping us survived
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by georgecso(m): 8:22pm On Dec 13, 2023
HeatSeeker:

Come to the North and bathing for just 2 yrs only. Let's see if you can bath with cold water under 12 degree Celsius..
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Teenaira: 8:50pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

It's the weather my brother, I have not seen or heard of anyone bathing with normal temperature water here in Jos.

If you are in Jos try to bath with warm water please, I lost a close friend who insisted he will bath with ordinary water which is almost like water from the fridge.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by ryd3(m): 9:05pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

smiley

This was impressively civil. Well said! We usually don't see many people do this.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by mariahAngel(f): 9:08pm On Dec 13, 2023
Acidosis:
An electric kettle. It's cheaper, faster, and safer (clean energy things). The brand I use is very efficient. Water gets heated in 2-3 minutes max and water heated at 8am can serve your bathing needs at 4pm. Get yourself a stainless steel electric kettle. The heat retaining capacity is 🔥🔥

You'll think you're saving money with charcoal but it's actually a complete time, energy, and money waster. That it is difficult to use doesn't mean affordability. Same applies to kerosene. You're destroying your pot, wasting your time, while spending more money due to perpetual ignorance.

I totally agree with you.

What brand of electric kettle do you use?
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by mariahAngel(f): 9:10pm On Dec 13, 2023
HeatSeeker:

Hmmm...

Use charcoal, it is much more economical.

No, it's not.
Plus, it's a time waster. smiley
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by rosemary67l: 9:18pm On Dec 13, 2023
You buy it bundled. The sellers have done the cutting. Otherwise, charcoal is the way out !You buy it bundled. The sellers have done the cutting. Otherwise, charcoal is the way out !...
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by justmondris: 9:25pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

Nothing stops you from trying the charcoal for one month, weigh the advantages and disadvantages of both and make your decision. You can even get charcoal for boring water only due to the current weather in your location.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by 9free(m): 9:50pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

I hear say na snow remain to start falling in Jos currently. Was thinking of celebrating Christmas in J-Town but the cold there now na northern Russian and Canadian Standards.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by symbianDON(m): 10:12pm On Dec 13, 2023
HeatSeeker:

come to jos and use cold water
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by RepoMan007: 11:18pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:
Please let's rub minds, which is more economical, with this harsh economy and weather conditions, one cannot do without bathing with boiling point water, And cost of everything has skyrocketed, a bag of charcoal is above 5k, 1kg of gas is above a thousand naira and kerosene is also nothing to write home about, so please, I'd like to know how you cope with your families this season, which do you use and why?

Thanks for your input.
When bathing, start from the lower parts with as little water as possible. Ask from rugged boarding school system studens who bath out in the open they will confirm it for you.

Room temp water is not so hard to adapt to.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by emmyN(m): 11:29pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

it is direct suicide bathing with normal temperature water in Jos. it usually freezing cold during this season.

I've been there, lol. I did it once when we ran out of coal and I needed to be out. If your area got constant power, you can opt for ring boiler or a cooker.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by BscHolder: 11:38pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

oh Jos i understand
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by bigman001(m): 11:58pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

Thanks for your input.
I dont use none of it for hot bath, rather i use electric water heater .
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by CaptainFM1: 12:01am On Dec 14, 2023
HeatSeeker:

Depending on the health condition. Cold bathing may not be ideal for some people.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by CaptainFM1: 12:05am On Dec 14, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

Thanks for your input.

I've been trying to save the planet for the past 20years, so Charcoal and Kerosene is a no-no for me. The consequential cost doesn't make them cheap for me. Gas is far cheaper for me among the three.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Caseless: 2:24am On Dec 14, 2023
HeatSeeker:

You don't live in the north and haven't experienced cold harmattan before.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Acidosis(m): 2:29am On Dec 14, 2023
mariahAngel:

I totally agree with you.

What brand of electric kettle do you use?

Zaiko - 4.7 litres.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by descarado: 2:49am On Dec 14, 2023
In this naija weather, you dey use hot water shocked
Except during harmattan and you stay in the North.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by descarado: 2:51am On Dec 14, 2023
Caseless:
You don't live in the north and haven't experienced cold harmattan before.
You are right though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How to Lose Weight With Nigeria Food / Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? / World Food Day: What's Your Best Nigerian Food?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.