Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Which Is More Economical For A Large Family - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Is More Economical For A Large Family (25964 Views)

Between Live Chicken and a Frozen One, Which One Is More Economical? / Which Is More Economical Now? / In Nigeria these days, It Is More Economical To Eat In An Eatery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Ikaeniyan0: 5:37pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:
Please let's rub minds, which is more economical, with this harsh economy and weather conditions, one cannot do without bathing with boiling point water, And cost of everything has skyrocketed, a bag of charcoal is above 5k, 1kg of gas is above a thousand naira and kerosene is also nothing to write home about, so please, I'd like to know how you cope with your families this season, which do you use and why?

1. A charcoal 2. Gas 3. Kerosene 4. All or none ?
Thanks for your input.
In Lagos, the weather is not really cold enough so I do bath with water coming directly from the tap
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by malikombi(m): 5:38pm On Dec 13, 2023
I use charcoal and gas
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Jewessgratitud3: 5:38pm On Dec 13, 2023
Just today today when cold start una don dey calculate hot water expenses grin. Na wa o.

Modified

Oh . Na jos? Use fire wood now. abi na who dey look you for jos? No be village? Enter bush cut fire wood and make fire🔥. No time 🤓

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Error401: 5:39pm On Dec 13, 2023
charcoal na

lonelyatdtop:
Please let's rub minds, which is more economical, with this harsh economy and weather conditions, one cannot do without bathing with boiling point water, And cost of everything has skyrocketed, a bag of charcoal is above 5k, 1kg of gas is above a thousand naira and kerosene is also nothing to write home about, so please, I'd like to know how you cope with your families this season, which do you use and why?

Thanks for your input.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Blake755: 5:40pm On Dec 13, 2023
wunmi590:

Things are hard and the economy is not smiling at all..

I've gas just for soft food and boil water 💧 while the coal pot is used to cook beans 🫘.. That the work of my wife, she has been improvising all these while, so most times my 12.5kg and 6kg cylinder both last me for 3-4month sometimes...

Ah how many family members our own no dey reach 2 months sef 13kg oo
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Eriokanmi: 5:41pm On Dec 13, 2023
Suffering 2.0 activated. Consequences of a bad choice. Nigeria is being reset to the stone age. OP, I hope you're not one of the e go favour you and me gongoshuus Na we get gas but we no fit buy am take cook, fuel but we no fit buy am, we com pack our car for house, dey trek and they're saying it's a sign Nigeria is moving forward

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Monday60655(m): 5:41pm On Dec 13, 2023
You did not include electric cooker!

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Monday60655(m): 5:43pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:
Thanks for your input.

You did not include electric cooker

2 Likes

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Natbrowny: 5:44pm On Dec 13, 2023
1TrippleCee:
Charcoal Bag = 3-4k
In my zone. Its 5k. Flat. By January e fly go 5500
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Kenmatt(m): 5:47pm On Dec 13, 2023
How can you be wasting your gas just to boil water to take bath?

It's not just an economic waste but it will also subject you to be catching cold the more after you must have left the bathroom.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by PlutoChief: 5:47pm On Dec 13, 2023
Come to Kano this period and bathe with cold water, you will know the difference between fufu and garri.
HeatSeeker:

Please try to adapt to bathing with ordinary water. It will not kill you; in fact it will make your body stronger. I haven't used warm/hot water for bathing in over 10 years. You will not die.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by AncientAlien(m): 5:47pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

It's the weather my brother, I have not seen or heard of anyone bathing with normal temperature water here in Jos.
You are right brother. Jos and some part of Northern Nigeria is not a joke during harmattan season. You will even see people in group or in family units making camp fire in their compound and seating around it just to feel warmth.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Aw6793: 5:48pm On Dec 13, 2023
HeatSeeker:

Please try to adapt to bathing with ordinary water. It will not kill you; in fact it will make your body stronger. I haven't used warm/hot water for bathing in over 10 years. You will not die.
shut up, that is not what he asked you

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by SonofGod231: 5:48pm On Dec 13, 2023
Charcoal?! Na BBQ?! Smh
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Gentlesoul2021(m): 5:49pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

Thanks for your input.

I am using;
1. Gas
2. Hotplate (when there's light)
3. Charcoal
In short I'm just mixing things but the light has been my saving grace lately. I didn't see u mention hotplate maybe u sud look in that angle too...

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by MayowaTallguy: 5:50pm On Dec 13, 2023
I don use all of the above
If u tell me say charcoal no fast u dey play
Maybe not as fast as gas
But if e catch fire,especially with seaman nylon
My bro u go need 5ltr to off the fire

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by loswhite(m): 5:50pm On Dec 13, 2023
HeatSeeker:

Lol how will cold water make your body strong?

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by NaijaCover(m): 5:51pm On Dec 13, 2023
Nawa o
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by AncientAlien(m): 5:52pm On Dec 13, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Just today today when cold start una don dey calculate hot water expenses grin. Na wa o.

Modified

Oh . Na jos? Use fire wood now. abi na who dey look you for jos? No be village? Enter bush cut fire wood and make fire🔥. No time 🤓
It's funny how you conclude that all of Jos is village.

3 Likes

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by PoliteActivist: 5:52pm On Dec 13, 2023
HeatSeeker:

*Politeness*

Not only that, it is healthier to eat foods that don't require cooking or baking. You will not die
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by soil4soil(m): 5:53pm On Dec 13, 2023
Did you hear about Abacha stove, made with sawdust. you can try it if someone in your neighborhood know about it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Jewessgratitud3: 5:53pm On Dec 13, 2023
AncientAlien:

It's funny how you conclude that all of Jos is village.

Na wetin I dey imagine any time I hear jos tongue.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Juniorangel(m): 5:53pm On Dec 13, 2023
If your electricity is estimated NEPA bill try use hot plate or by pass it if you have prepaid, use only when you want to cook
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by psalmsjob: 5:54pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

it is direct suicide bathing with normal temperature water in Jos. it usually freezing cold during this season.

Jos or no jos snow is not falling there sha....Bath when the temperature is mild like in the afternoons or alternate days if you must bath in the morning after all with your jos cold you wouldn't be sweating to warrant constant bathing or you do D-Wash jk style grin
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by WantsandMore: 5:54pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

Thanks for your input.
buy a slow burner gas top & 12 -30kg cylinder. Whenever you're boiling water set a timer @ 5-10 minutes, gas will last like kilode

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by julybaba(m): 5:54pm On Dec 13, 2023
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by jaksmillioniar: 5:55pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

Thanks for your input.
I think firewood is cheap even white pple use it too
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Donedeal1(m): 5:55pm On Dec 13, 2023
Charcoal is the saviour

For the average family presently

Nothing come close on values.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Adewale1603(m): 5:56pm On Dec 13, 2023
Do kerosene still exist ? It's been so long I smelled one. Charcoal is the order of the day. And if there's light, you can use electric hotplate or electric boiling kettle
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by harjay1986: 5:57pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

Thanks for your input.

If you have constant light get electric burner or inductor
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by delpee(f): 5:57pm On Dec 13, 2023
1TrippleCee:
Firewood is the cheapest option

But it's not healthy....the fumes.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by OlawaleBammie: 5:59pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

Thanks for your input.
get 2bags of charcoal, hot plates or electric cooker and fill ur gas cylinder..

U will thank urself later, that is how I do sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Hails His Wife For Cooking Multiple Soup In The Middle Of The Night (video) / How to Lose Weight With Nigeria Food / Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.