Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Which Is More Economical For A Large Family - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Is More Economical For A Large Family (26015 Views)

Between Live Chicken and a Frozen One, Which One Is More Economical? / Which Is More Economical Now? / In Nigeria these days, It Is More Economical To Eat In An Eatery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by descarado: 2:54am On Dec 14, 2023
AbuAeesha:

Not everyone can adapt to bathing with cold water.
Particularly in the north here where temperature can go below 15 degrees
So Jos can reach that and yet no snow.
Who do us this na undecided
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by SaturnNick(m): 3:38am On Dec 14, 2023
HeatSeeker:

Please try to adapt to bathing with ordinary water. It will not kill you; in fact it will make your body stronger. I haven't used warm/hot water for bathing in over 10 years. You will not die.
Come try am for Jos weather na
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Teco2(m): 10:15am On Dec 14, 2023
HeatSeeker:

Please try to adapt to bathing with ordinary water. It will not kill you; in fact it will make your body stronger. I haven't used warm/hot water for bathing in over 10 years. You will not die.

Oga, you're saying this because you are not in Jos. In Jos, the fear of pneumonia is the beginning of wisdom. You don't dare bath with cold water in Jos, especially during this hamattan
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Love800(m): 2:01pm On Dec 14, 2023
I didnt get ur reason clearly about the disadvatage of chacoal u talking about.
Can u respond to that part again?
Acidosis:
An electric kettle. It's cheaper, faster, and safer (clean energy things). The brand I use is very efficient. Water gets heated in 2-3 minutes max and water heated at 8am can serve your bathing needs at 4pm. Get yourself a stainless steel electric kettle. The heat retaining capacity is 🔥🔥

You'll think you're saving money with charcoal but it's actually a complete time, energy, and money waster. That it is difficult to use doesn't mean affordability. Same applies to kerosene. You're destroying your pot, wasting your time, while spending more money due to perpetual ignorance.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Acidosis(m): 2:23pm On Dec 14, 2023
Love800:
I didnt get ur reason clearly about the disadvatage of chacoal u talking about.
Can u respond to that part again?

Charcoal is mainly pure carbon, and carbon releases high levels of soot. It's bad for your environment and health. Blackens your cookware and wears them out, turn your white ceiling black more quickly, unless you use the modern ones, which do not come cheap either.

And whether you use the modern or the traditional one, charcoal stoves take the longest amount of time to cook compared to other alternatives like gas, kerosene, and electric. Time is money. To save costs, always aim for speed and efficiency.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Love800(m): 3:45pm On Dec 14, 2023
Ok.
Tankz so much
Acidosis:

Charcoal is mainly pure carbon, and carbon releases high levels of soot. It's bad for your environment and health. Blackens your cookware and wears them out, turn your white ceiling black more quickly, unless you use the modern ones, which do not come cheap either.

And whether you use the modern or the traditional one, charcoal stoves take the longest amount of time to cook compared to other alternatives like gas, kerosene, and electric. Time is money. To save costs, always aim for speed and efficiency.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by RepoMan007: 5:10pm On Dec 14, 2023
soil4soil:
Did you hear about Abacha stove, made with sawdust. you can try it if someone in your neighborhood know about it
or biogas solution.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by RepoMan007: 5:12pm On Dec 14, 2023
WantsandMore:
buy a slow burner gas top & 12 -30kg cylinder. Whenever you're boiling water set a timer @ 5-10 minutes, gas will last like kilode
so true.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by mariahAngel(f): 6:13pm On Dec 14, 2023
Acidosis:

Zaiko - 4.7 litres.

WoW! That is huge! 😀
Just one plugging will be enough at a time.

I'll check out the price.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Acidosis(m): 8:17pm On Dec 14, 2023
mariahAngel:

WoW! That is huge! 😀
Just one plugging will be enough at a time.

I'll check out the price.

More than enough sef cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by doggedfighter(f): 8:37pm On Dec 14, 2023
Acidosis:

More than enough sef cheesy

How long ago did you buy this and price, please?
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Clazzone(m): 8:41pm On Dec 14, 2023
My Electric stove has been saving us lati aye tipe tipe. I don't use prepaid meter
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by soil4soil(m): 9:37pm On Dec 14, 2023
RepoMan007:
or biogas solution.

Thank you or biogas. Which I can teach him
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Acidosis(m): 10:45pm On Dec 14, 2023
doggedfighter:

How long ago did you buy this and price, please?

Na souvenir things, about 4-5 years ago.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by doggedfighter(f): 10:57pm On Dec 14, 2023
Acidosis:

Na souvenir things, about 4-5 years ago.

E don tey grin
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Acidosis(m): 11:02pm On Dec 14, 2023
doggedfighter:

E don tey grin

E don tey well well.. 🤣 You wan buy?
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by doggedfighter(f): 11:06pm On Dec 14, 2023
Acidosis:

E don tey well well.. 🤣 You wan buy?
Yes
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Acidosis(m): 11:10pm On Dec 14, 2023
doggedfighter:

Yes

Are you a student? What size do you need?
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by doggedfighter(f): 11:21pm On Dec 14, 2023
Acidosis:

Are you a student? What size do you need?

No

Is 4.7 family size ?

Maybe something smaller but enough for bathing .
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Acidosis(m): 11:31pm On Dec 14, 2023
doggedfighter:

No

Is 4.7 family size ?

Maybe something smaller but enough for bathing .

4.7 is an OK size for a small family/single.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by doggedfighter(f): 11:32pm On Dec 14, 2023
Acidosis:

4.7 is an OK size for a small family/single.
Then 4.7 is it.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Godsownfc(m): 12:53pm On Dec 22, 2023
On God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? / Bakers Sitting On Ready To Eat Breads (Pictures) / How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.