Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Which Is More Economical For A Large Family - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Is More Economical For A Large Family (25956 Views)

Between Live Chicken and a Frozen One, Which One Is More Economical? / Which Is More Economical Now? / In Nigeria these days, It Is More Economical To Eat In An Eatery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by AncientAlien(m): 5:59pm On Dec 13, 2023
MayowaTallguy:
I don use all of the above
If u tell me say charcoal no fast u dey play
Maybe not as fast as gas
But if e catch fire,especially with seaman nylon
My bro u go need 5ltr to off the fire
That's fact. To start nah im be the problem. Once the charcoals all become embers, the distance between its fastness compared with that of gas is little to none.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by sallazlee(m): 6:00pm On Dec 13, 2023
MayowaTallguy:
I don use all of the above
If u tell me say charcoal no fast u dey play
Maybe not as fast as gas
But if e catch fire,especially with seaman nylon
My bro u go need 5ltr to off the fire

With seaman nylon, nigga do research so much

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Akano5(m): 6:02pm On Dec 13, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Suffering 2.0 activated. Consequences of a bad choice. Nigeria is being reset to the stone age. OP, I hope you're not one of the e go favour you and me gongoshuus Na we get gas but we no fit buy am take cook, fuel but we no fit buy am, we com pack our car for house, dey trek and they're saying it's a sign Nigeria is moving forward

my brother, Wickedness is very bad.. this country ehn.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by maasoap(m): 6:05pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:
Please let's rub minds, which is more economical, with this harsh economy and weather conditions, one cannot do without bathing with boiling point water, And cost of everything has skyrocketed, a bag of charcoal is above 5k, 1kg of gas is above a thousand naira and kerosene is also nothing to write home about, so please, I'd like to know how you cope with your families this season, which do you use and why?

1. A charcoal 2. Gas 3. Kerosene 4. All or none ?
Thanks for your input.
Where is the ELECTRICITY in your lists?
The truth is that many Nigerians don't believe that electricity is cheap, cheap to the extent that one can use it for electric stove.
One unit (1kwh) of electricity in my area is round N100, most expensive. If your electric stove rating is 1.5kw and you use it to cook for 1 hour. That's 1.5 units (1.5kwh) of electricity consumed which is equivalent of N150. Is that bad? And in some area, one unit is not up to N100.
So in my house, we use gas and electricity alternatively while charcoal is for emergency when there is no electricity and gas finishes without warning
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by AncientAlien(m): 6:07pm On Dec 13, 2023
psalmsjob:

Jos or no jos snow is not falling there sha....Bath when the temperature is mild like in the afternoons or alternate days if you must bath in the morning after all with your jos cold you wouldn't be sweating to warrant constant bathing or you do D-Wash jk style grin
But what if you going to office. Will you go without bath?
I wish you visit jos, kaduna, or kano. You will understand how severe harmattan is to them. Only afternoon is manageable when the breeze blows with a touch of warmth.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by CJStarz: 6:09pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:
Please let's rub minds, which is more economical, with this harsh economy and weather conditions, one cannot do without bathing with boiling point water, And cost of everything has skyrocketed, a bag of charcoal is above 5k, 1kg of gas is above a thousand naira and kerosene is also nothing to write home about, so please, I'd like to know how you cope with your families this season, which do you use and why?

Thanks for your input.

Go get your family an electric stove or what you call hot plate, and support it with gas
When light comes, use the hot plate.
Helps me a lot.
I have a large family.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Komu1048(m): 6:10pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

1. A charcoal 2. Gas 3. Kerosene 4. All or none ? 5. Abacha stove.
Thanks for your input.

Try no 5. U might end up not spending a dime
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Johnjanrt: 6:10pm On Dec 13, 2023
buygala:
Move to somewhere else in the town where Electricity has not yet been metred

I served in Jos where op said he resides.. So I know that places like Jenta Adamu, Jenta Mangoro, Jenta Makeri, Tudun Wada, Angwan Rogo, Angwar Rukuba, and Gada Biu have some places where light is still based on estimated billing... And the bills are quite cheap.

Then you can use electricity to cook, boil and fry to your heart's content

As an added bonus, rent in those kind of places are also cheaper
Most of the areas you mentioned are prepaid metered now.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:11pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

Thanks for your input.
5. Firewood πŸ”₯
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Fatbam005: 6:13pm On Dec 13, 2023
buygala:
Move to somewhere else in the town where Electricity has not yet been metred

I served in Jos where op said he resides.. So I know that places like Jenta Adamu, Jenta Mangoro, Jenta Makeri, Tudun Wada, Angwan Rogo, Angwar Rukuba, and Gada Biu have some places where light is still based on estimated billing... And the bills are quite

Then you can use electricity to cook, boil and fry to your heart's content

As an added bonus, rent in those kind of places are also cheaper
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Paramount01(m): 6:14pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

It's the weather my brother, I have not seen or heard of anyone bathing with normal temperature water here in Jos.

They think north is like the south, try it and freez

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by rius17: 6:14pm On Dec 13, 2023
psalmsjob:

Jos or no jos snow is not falling there sha....Bath when the temperature is mild like in the afternoons or alternate days if you must bath in the morning after all with your jos cold you wouldn't be sweating to warrant constant bathing or you do D-Wash jk style grin
, Just a little holiday in Jos will reset ur brain. For dis kind wheather, Hmmmm,

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Paramount01(m): 6:15pm On Dec 13, 2023
[quote author=lonelyatdtop post=127463939][/quote]use gas and electric
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by buygala(m): 6:15pm On Dec 13, 2023
[quote author=Fatbam005 post=127467112][/quote]

Op said he stays in Jos.. Those areas I mentioned are in Jos town

Now you understand why you and your mother are the frogs here
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Humulity: 6:17pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

It's the weather my brother, I have not seen or heard of anyone bathing with normal temperature water here in Jos.

It all depends on individual, one year of NYSC in Bauchi, I bath cold water all year round.
For over 20 years now had only used cold water once - one of the time I was sick.

Go for what works for you brother.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Paramount01(m): 6:18pm On Dec 13, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Just today today when cold start una don dey calculate hot water expenses grin. Na wa o.

Modified

Oh . Na jos? Use fire wood now. abi na who dey look you for jos? No be village? Enter bush cut fire wood and make fireπŸ”₯. No time πŸ€“

Jos na bush ABI?
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Jewessgratitud3: 6:19pm On Dec 13, 2023
Paramount01:

Jos na bush ABI?

Na you talk am o
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Realist777: 6:23pm On Dec 13, 2023
HeatSeeker:

Please try to adapt to bathing with ordinary water. It will not kill you; in fact it will make your body stronger. I haven't used warm/hot water for bathing in over 10 years. You will not die.
It's dangerous, especially in this cold period

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Ezlynn: 6:25pm On Dec 13, 2023
Charcoal is more economical, I will suggest you buy an electric hot plate on the side too.

In the meantime enjoy exclusive discounts shopping your favorite accessories this holiday season from oraimo eShop qualifying you for a chance to win exciting gift items.

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Evestar200(f): 6:26pm On Dec 13, 2023
HeatSeeker:

Please try to adapt to bathing with ordinary water. It will not kill you; in fact it will make your body stronger. I haven't used warm/hot water for bathing in over 10 years. You will not die.

Not everybody is used to cold Water it affects some people including me.

I don't bath with cold water, it must be a little bit warm when is sunny and very hot during rainy season.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Qatar2022: 6:27pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

Thanks for your input.
Kerosene is very expensive don't near there, charcoal is better
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Paramount01(m): 6:28pm On Dec 13, 2023
Juniorangel:
If your electricity is estimated NEPA bill try use hot plate or by pass it if you have prepaid, use only when you want to cook

And Tinubu is the problem that makes electricity not to be good, let everybody do their part and see if this country will be good
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by henrimoto(m): 6:28pm On Dec 13, 2023
Natbrowny:

In my zone. Its 5k. Flat. By January e fly go 5500
Where be your zone?
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by grandstar(m): 6:31pm On Dec 13, 2023
Just bathe with cold war.

The first few 10 seconds na the yawa and afterwards, you get used to it.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Paramount01(m): 6:31pm On Dec 13, 2023
AncientAlien:

But what if you going to office. Will you go without bath?
I wish you visit jos, kaduna, or kano. Yu will understand how severe harmattan is to them. Only afternoon is manageable when the breeze blows with a touch of warmth.

You dont mentioned sokoto
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Lance008(m): 6:38pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

You no need explain
All Mallam with him kettle
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by jakeroberto(m): 6:38pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

It is difficult but you can do it, I haven't boiled water to say I want to mix for a great number of years now, and even as I relocated to Canada.....I still bath with cold water....it just takes courage πŸ˜ƒ 😊 πŸ™‚
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by AncientAlien(m): 6:41pm On Dec 13, 2023
Paramount01:

You dont mentioned sokoto
I haven't visit there. That's why. But the fact still remains that most of the core northern states have overwhelming harmattan.
Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by jakeroberto(m): 6:50pm On Dec 13, 2023
AncientAlien:

I haven't visit there. That's why. But the fact still remains that most of the core northern states are have overwhelming harmattan.
And the worst thing with cold season is, it feels colder when it is windy (breeze blowing).

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Economical For A Large Family by Honestfrend: 6:53pm On Dec 13, 2023
lonelyatdtop:

U for talk say na Jos na... That place is Nigeria England..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Hails His Wife For Cooking Multiple Soup In The Middle Of The Night (video) / How to Lose Weight With Nigeria Food / Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.