Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,956 members, 7,814,242 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once (25873 Views)

Why Do Guys Fall For The Sluts And Not The Natural Girls? / ***5 Ways Guys Fall Their Hands In Romance Section (Signs Of Emotional Weakness) / Seeing my first love once again. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by leilata(f): 2:14am On Mar 07, 2006
hey peeps i strongly believe guys fall in love once and only once. or at least there is always this one girl that they will have loved or will love more than every other girl for life. ladies think about it havent you been with a guy who has had a strong relationship before and u wonder if he will ever like u as much and u keep comparing yourself to them? and dont u sometimes feel that you will be for one guy "that girl", and fellas do u agree with me.
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by smartsoft(m): 5:04am On Mar 07, 2006
word.
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by babwilms(m): 3:02pm On Mar 07, 2006
I do agree with u for now. Their as always been this girl i found myself in love with, and no matter how hard i tried to forget about her i just find it impossible. I even moved out of the city to help me forget about her, even deleted her number,stopped mailing and calling. But each time i come back to the same city as her we always come across each other and my heart just stops for a minute, i melt while standing their, just can't be myself well enough when communicating with her. The memories always comes back at least once in a day. Though she never agreed to be my lady after trying for almost four years (stopped trying) . But it looks like she has occupied a place in my heart, that i think it will be hard for any girl to fill. I've never regreted anything i told her. But i'm still a young guy with plenty of great young ladies to look forward to in my life that can even have that special place in my heart. But i just keep doubting if their would be that lady who can have a better spot than her in my heart.

1 Like

Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by smartsoft(m): 3:55pm On Mar 08, 2006
Keep searching, you will everly see someone better than she.
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by flower(f): 4:08pm On Mar 08, 2006
I think if you say that for men, you must say that for women as well. There's always someone we keep in our hearts moreso than anyone else. tongue

1 Like

Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by leilata(f): 7:56pm On Mar 08, 2006
i wont say that for women as well, we are emotionally stronger and can fall in love over and over again, and can love more and more,

1 Like

Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by flower(f): 7:57pm On Mar 08, 2006
Hum, I think that even women have that one special person who was loved differenlty than the rest.
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by Rhodalyn(f): 7:58pm On Mar 08, 2006
i do agree that boys fall deeply in love once with a girl
thank heavens im the only girl my boyfriend is ever gonna love more than any other girl wink wink
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by Fluffy(f): 3:24pm On Mar 09, 2006
Yes boys fall in LOVE once and the rest off the time they fall in LUST smiley
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by stephanie7(f): 5:04pm On Mar 10, 2006
Fluffy:

I tottally agree

flower:

I think if you say that for men, you must say that for women as well. There's always someone we keep in our hearts moreso than anyone else. tongue

there is always one man u will hold in your heart. for me it was the first man i loved and dated for 3 years
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by venice(f): 3:11pm On Mar 22, 2006
@fluffy

i agree with u on that cheesy
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 23, 2006
Fluffy:

@Fluffy: u aint a boy how wd u know that? It's so untrue.
There a re different levels of love: the kind u feel rot the first lady in ur life is usually hot and - dare i say - foolish. Some ppl are luck and the love gets transformed over time. Others are not so lucky, and get a breakup. BOOM.

Much later, when the guy is older and wiser, there's a cooler, more understanding form of love. it's THAT kind that is hard to let go of. Sure, you may remember the heat and passion of young love, but the longing will never be like when u had ur head screwed on.
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by Bright2(m): 4:44pm On Mar 23, 2006
According 2 ohmslaw 1,mens love is directly proportional 2 de love of de girl so far as de cheracter of de girl remain constant & inversely proportional according de faithfulnes of de girl.
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by saint10: 12:25am On Mar 25, 2006
So I'm probably SOL on this one since the topic so old, but I need some advice and I have no where to go for it. I don't want to brag these facets of my situation vital to any advice. I am a very good looking guy, and at the young age of fourteen I fell deeply in love with a girl from my school. She was and is still very beautiful, but beyond that I feel that we established a set of morals growing up together while dating that I cannot find in any other girl. We dated for three years, and then we broke up to date other people. I never wanted to date anyone else, and I don't feel as if I ever will. I am now 19 years old, and it has been two years since our break up. I am in college now, and I have been with 24 other partners. I feel sick over this, but I feel like I am in a never ending search to fulfill what my "x" once was to me. I have decided to just stop looking and let it come to me, and i know I am very young and this probably seems stupid to everyone. The truth is, in two years I have seen my "x" about 4 times, but I think about her at least 20 times a day, dream about her almost daily, and I worry about her well-being constantly. She is currently with someone that loves her, and she loves him I believe, but he really is a terrible person. He has faced criminal charges for gang assault, among other things. Anyway, I have used drugs to relieve my pain since the break up. At 17 I was one of the most intelligent and attractive students in my school, and I now I use drugs. My "x" got into drugs, and I think I started to impress her. I havent gone one week without taking some kind of drug since I started, and while I feel it is under control, I have brothers that look up to me. Waiting around to find someone doesn't hurt me, because I occupy my time sleeping around. I always use protection and I have been tested and I am physically healthy (besides the drugs), but I have been scared enough to stop sleeping around. I don't think I will fall in love again, and I don't know if I want to. I have everyone around me fooled, hence the resortment of "Nairaland?" I almost feel as if she wants to move on, I want her to be happy, but I never want to be with anyone besides her. I truly and deeply love her. For someone that has since cheated on following girlfriends, I never cheated on this girl and I couldn't even think of it. It was physical with her even at a young age, but it wasn't the physical relationship that was important to me; it was the feeling I got in her presence, holding her while she slept, and kissing her every chance I had for three years. We broke up because of trust. I had the only thing I could ever want in my grasp and arrogantly tried to contain her from her friends and other boys. I have grown, but really all I want is to kiss her everyday for the rest of my life. What the f*** can I do with myself?
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by seductive(f): 12:43am On Mar 25, 2006
oh my god this is a serious one,i don't really know what 2 say but i hope u get help soon.luck smiley
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by chinani(f): 3:20am On Mar 25, 2006
@ saint10

You should start your own thread. That way you can benefit from everyone's advice. Do so post haste. There lots of intelligent people on here who would give much, much better advise than I can! Please start your own thread.

[center]p.s. I can relate to your situation. . .[/center]

@ Gridlock

I pray that you are right.
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by eveseh(f): 10:14pm On Apr 24, 2006
not every guy falls in love once and only
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by lizzy47(f): 4:39pm On Apr 25, 2007
well i don't think any body falls in love only once it just depends on the situation u find urself at that time
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by moondust(m): 4:52pm On Apr 25, 2007
it is as true as it is a lie because guys do fall in love wit 1 woman at some point in ther lives.but it doesnt necessarily mean that when she's off their grasp they cant love another woman as much , dat 1 na lie
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by Brymore(m): 5:54pm On Apr 25, 2007
Well, there is no denying the fact that a person can fall in love and them experience heartbreak.
Of 'course, this teaches one to be more careful when it comes to things pertaining to the heart, but it does not necessarily follow that such a person cannot fall in love again.

For me, love is basically isolation. You decide to blind your eyes to all those around you and see this imperfect human being (imperfect of 'course because we are all humans and have faults and failings) as the most perfect on earth, or we decide to accept his/her faults as normal so we can live together.

Let us note that if we can objectively open our minds and see things the way they truly are, we will realise that there might be other better people out there.

In summation, if you say you fell in love just once, it just means that you need to open your mind to love again and you will truly find love.

NB

You might also be in love with her body or the way she does "IT" to you, but I can assure you that you will find someone else with an even better body or that will do "IT" better.

#Candid Submission#
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by Brymore(m): 6:23pm On Apr 25, 2007
Well, there is no denying the fact that a person can fall in love and them experience heartbreak.
Of 'course, this teaches one to be more careful when it comes to things pertaining to the heart, but it does not necessarily follow that such a person cannot fall in love again.

For me, love is basically isolation. You decide to blind your eyes to all those around you and see this imperfect human being (imperfect of 'course because we are all humans and have faults and failings) as the most perfect on earth, or we decide to accept his/her faults as normal so we can live together.

Let us note that if we can objectively open our minds and see things the way they truly are, we will realise that there might be other better people out there.

In summation, if you say you fell in love just once, it just means that you need to open your mind to love again and you will truly find love.

NB

You might also be in love with her body or the way she does "IT" to you, but I can assure you that you will find someone else with an even better body or that will do "IT" better.

#Candid Submission#
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by omega25red(m): 6:12pm On Apr 28, 2007
It actually seems like a lot of women think men have no emotions

There is no love in this world its all lust infatuations and co-dependencies for both men and women cool
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by georgies(m): 10:49am On Apr 30, 2007
@leilata
I agree with you.
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by Everbright(f): 11:01am On Apr 30, 2007
georgies:

@leilata
I agree with you.
agree with what?
everybody has his or her first love no matter the gender
we all sometimes think of our first love often even when we are in another relationship
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by LEVI2ME(m): 5:28pm On Apr 30, 2007
i like this please dont stop. grin
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by LEVI2ME(m): 5:33pm On Apr 30, 2007
shocked Let me just add a little of this.
I'm as confused as the first time i log into this place but think or cant say if i've ever Love anyone
but i know i will never 4get my first infatuation
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by oYaTo(m): 8:10pm On Apr 10, 2008
saint10:

So I'm probably SOL on this one since the topic so old, but I need some advice and I have no where to go for it. I don't want to brag these facets of my situation vital to any advice. I am a very good looking guy, and at the young age of fourteen I fell deeply in love with a girl from my school. She was and is still very beautiful, but beyond that I feel that we established a set of morals growing up together while dating that I cannot find in any other girl. We dated for three years, and then we broke up to date other people. I never wanted to date anyone else, and I don't feel as if I ever will. I am now 19 years old, and it has been two years since our break up. I am in college now, and I have been with 24 other partners. I feel sick over this, but I feel like I am in a never ending search to fulfill what my "x" once was to me. I have decided to just stop looking and let it come to me, and i know I am very young and this probably seems stupid to everyone. The truth is, in two years I have seen my "x" about 4 times, but I think about her at least 20 times a day, dream about her almost daily, and I worry about her well-being constantly. She is currently with someone that loves her, and she loves him I believe, but he really is a terrible person. He has faced criminal charges for gang assault, among other things. Anyway, I have used drugs to relieve my pain since the break up. At 17 I was one of the most intelligent and attractive students in my school, and I now I use drugs. My "x" got into drugs, and I think I started to impress her. I havent gone one week without taking some kind of drug since I started, and while I feel it is under control, I have brothers that look up to me. Waiting around to find someone doesn't hurt me, because I occupy my time sleeping around. I always use protection and I have been tested and I am physically healthy (besides the drugs), but I have been scared enough to stop sleeping around. I don't think I will fall in love again, and I don't know if I want to. I have everyone around me fooled, hence the resortment of "Nairaland?" I almost feel as if she wants to move on, I want her to be happy, but I never want to be with anyone besides her. I truly and deeply love her. For someone that has since cheated on following girlfriends, I never cheated on this girl and I couldn't even think of it. It was physical with her even at a young age, but it wasn't the physical relationship that was important to me; it was the feeling I got in her presence, holding her while she slept, and kissing her every chance I had for three years. We broke up because of trust. I had the only thing I could ever want in my grasp and arrogantly tried to contain her from her friends and other boys. I have grown, but really all I want is to kiss her everyday for the rest of my life. What the f*** can I do with myself?

Dude u aint no saint! U'r bleeped UP!
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by almondjoy(f): 8:14pm On Apr 10, 2008
Sorry. . . most females like me only fall in love once too. . .the rest na business investment! cool
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by 2dye4(m): 9:36pm On Apr 10, 2008
so ladies my question is this, if guys only fall in love once, how do you know whether you are that one true love or u missed the mark? cheesy
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by TheSly: 9:38pm On Apr 10, 2008
the rest na business investment!
WHo has the time to waste? cool
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by chinda3: 9:39pm On Apr 10, 2008
hey peeps i strongly believe guys fall in love once and only once. or at least there is always this one girl that they will have loved or will love more than every other girl for life. ladies think about it havent you been with a guy who has had a strong relationship before and u wonder if he will ever like u as much and u keep comparing yourself to them? and don't u sometimes feel that you will be for one guy "that girl", and fellas do u agree with me.

not only guys ,women too
Re: Guys Fall In Love Once And Only Once by ariblaze(m): 10:14pm On Apr 10, 2008
actually

the saying is a man has five great ones. . .

he actually falls in with five different women

during the course of his lifetime,they might either come at the same time, one after the other

early on , in his life or in his latter years

so guys be wary that very girl you just played might be your last great one

so says the theory of the great ones

(1) (2) (Reply)

Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice / Update: I told Her My Feelings But Was Rejected / Would You Still Forgive And Love Someone After They’ve Cheated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.