Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Companies That Request For Payslip Before Employment - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Companies That Request For Payslip Before Employment (20074 Views)

How To Check Payslip From IPPIS / Please Stop Calling Emergency Room To Request For My Number - Pretty Firefighter / Below Are Companies That Pays Individuals To Watch Movie Preview In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Companies That Request For Payslip Before Employment by ruzell86: 7:20pm On Dec 14, 2023
At OP, all I can say is... "A will, will always find a way."

I have had two similar experiences in different scenarios. The first I was honest (and I got underpaid), so the second?

I no gawk am... cheesy

Parting words: when negotiating salary, you must exude absolute confidence, no matter what...
@PapyJaypaul spoke my mind. He's experienced.

1 Like

Re: Companies That Request For Payslip Before Employment by femi4: 7:41pm On Dec 14, 2023
Hinokami:
During my initial interview I gave a figure that was above my current pay, now they insist on me providing the payslip before proceeding to the next stage of the employment process.

The thing is I have monthly bonuses not captured on the payslip and I fear not providing evidence would make me disqualified for the role.

Who has navigated such process before as I don't know what to do.

Is it even legal to ask for payslips?

Will they actually contact my current employer to verify the payslip?

Note: it's a financial institution. I heard they are fond of doing this during their recruitment.
Tell them that your payslip is a classified document. Same way they will not want their employees to leak such documents

1 Like

Re: Companies That Request For Payslip Before Employment by DeOTR: 7:46pm On Dec 14, 2023
Hinokami:
During my initial interview I gave a figure that was above my current pay, now they insist on me providing the payslip before proceeding to the next stage of the employment process.

The thing is I have monthly bonuses not captured on the payslip and I fear not providing evidence would make me disqualified for the role.

Note: it's a financial institution. I heard they are fond of doing this during their recruitment.
Why are they even interested in how much you earn in your current position?
Do you know your payslip is a confidential document you're not allowed to share without permission from your current employer?

2 Likes

Re: Companies That Request For Payslip Before Employment by sherylbaky(f): 9:12pm On Dec 14, 2023
Last salary shouldn't be a big deal, or a judge to anyone's next salary. Most Nigerians are just cunning. What's hard in having a standard structure and letting interviewees/applicants know what your company pays?

The day I discover I'm underpaid by any company compared to what others in same calibre get is the day I leave that company, I tell you. What nonsense!!

@Op, just edit your slip and don't give a fvck. Are they not being dishonest for wanting to know people's salary so as to underpay them?
Y should you give a fvck about people who give no dam fvck about you?
ruzell86:
At OP, all I can say is... "A will, will always find a way."

I have had two similar experiences in different scenarios. The first I was honest (and I got underpaid), so the second?

I no gawk am... cheesy

Parting words: when negotiating salary, you must exude absolute confidence, no matter what...
@PapyJaypaul spoke my mind. He's experienced.

1 Like

Re: Companies That Request For Payslip Before Employment by Odunharry(m): 9:31pm On Dec 14, 2023
I dislike when employers ask for payslip. Like there is a budget already for the position, why asking for payslip.

2 Likes

Re: Companies That Request For Payslip Before Employment by almusay(m): 9:51pm On Dec 14, 2023
I'm an expert on it. I can edit it perfectly. Just send me a DM.
I know how to do it.
Re: Companies That Request For Payslip Before Employment by dominic17: 9:52pm On Dec 14, 2023
Payslip is meant to be confidential and not to be shared with anyone, just reply them that is against the policy of your current place of work to share it with any body.
Hinokami:

Re: Companies That Request For Payslip Before Employment by Babydaddymateri(m): 12:12am On Dec 15, 2023
Mtchew.... Since dem never ready to employ, Make Dem keep their job then nah
Re: Companies That Request For Payslip Before Employment by Hinokami: 8:32am On Dec 15, 2023
I wish I saw this response earlier, anyways I do not think it would hinder my chances of getting the offer, i believe i did what is right.

Dogshow:
Op, I've got this best advice for you.

Kindly tell them that, "Due to the confidentiality agreement signed at my current employer which mandates me to keep my renumeration between myself and my employer, I am bound by oath not to share this information."

OR

They should let you know if this response of yours would be a blocker in processing with this process as they may need to write to your employer to waive this NDA.

Best regards.
Re: Companies That Request For Payslip Before Employment by benjijosh(m): 9:58am On Dec 15, 2023
Hinokami:

You shouldn’t have to provide your payslip or bank statement. If they can afford your salary, let them go ahead and proceed to the next round.

By the way, this is all the red flag you need to know you probably won’t be getting any pay rise anytime soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Things Every Recent Graduate Should Know / As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? / Possible Career Path For A Psychology Graduate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.