Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,090 members, 7,821,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

How Fubara Fell Out With Wike - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Fubara Fell Out With Wike (47045 Views)

‘How Fubara, Wike Reached Truce’ - Rivers Lawmaker, Enemi George / Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu / Staircase Collapsed With Wike, Tambuwal, Others On It At PDP Primaries (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by Edusouls(m): 12:53pm On Dec 16, 2023
Massiveglory:
I don't care how he fell out or who fell out.

Wetin I sabi bi say everyone who joined hands to destroy our nation in the last election will receive his wages including tinubu and his bandwagon.

Some of them will go by sudden unexpected death.
Some will be struck by unhealable afflictions
Some will be disgraced unimagineable.
Some will be alive but will be burying loved families and relations.

kai guy u wicked
Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by HighTableVoice: 1:10pm On Dec 16, 2023
jrusky:

Your first sentence clear the air. Listen and listen good pls open your brain well and kindly activate your reasoning capacity to factory mode ok.

In Africa political context the moment you accept godfather offer to become anything Undet political umbrella be surely expecting battle and conflict of interest either you like it or not better you go solo on your political ambition and free yourself from the fist of the godfather that put you in that position or be ready for a war. This is fact, drop emotion and 2023 lose game bitterness. Fact is Fact!!!

If you get employment through godfather the day the godfather will need your service you can't say no if you say no that day war start. FACT!!!

Political godfatherism surely exist in nigeria and as a matter of fact the general idea of what the term is what you highlighted but it’s games of power at the end of the day. You have a right to say no to anyone only if you have the backings and assurances of other new alliances or enemies of your so called godfather.

And now to counter what your point seems to be because it is obvious you can’t make a point without being an over bearing belligerent uninformed partisan. Wike was never his godfather, Wike was just an opportunist who sees the guy as a best bet of someone he can control if he backs him up and that obviously backfired. I can’t trade banters with you because what I do know you are clearly light years away from even scratching the surface of it when it comes to politics.
A politician loyalty is all about money, territory and power and on that anything is possible just depends on knowing when to switch and when not to. It’s a game of chess and not checkers. You can’t call yourself a godfather and expect everyone to just say yes without clear reasons or plans that’s backed with logic and agreeable to both parties.. that’s what godfatherism is, I help you but you will pay me back when I do require so and so, it’s never mandatory but you yourself is who will decide to accept and consent with logic and reason and if something can be worked out it will be worked out.
Wike overstepped his boundaries trying to push the man too far and he pushed back, even the ones who plays the game on a global scale will tell you that is allowed. Politics is a game of deception, don’t over play yourself and rely on some godfather dominance. neither do those godfathers rely too much on anyone’s loyalty because as I said the game is politics.

You seem to be a bit educated though but do not think everyone is swayed by emotion, this is pure logic.. I have and hold no loyalty to anyone, what I have and posses I work my ass off for it. Do not stoop so low as to most people on here who can’t make a comment without insult. You seem a bit more educated than that.
All in all. I have had enough of your gist as I can predict how degrading your next comment might be. In that regards, I bid you adieu

1 Like

Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by Kukutente23: 1:22pm On Dec 16, 2023
jrusky:

Read what I wrote again and see how stupid you are.

I ask again and again" since Fubara hate godfatgerism why did he accepted godfather offers to make him the governor

Answer that question or fu ck to hell. Onye izuzu bittered iberibe ndiala.
Has it occurred to you that the godfather will never allow a level playing field?
A certain Lloyd was declared wanted as a criminal for daring to pick a governorship form outside Wike's arrangement
Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by Gajagojo: 1:40pm On Dec 16, 2023
Brendaniel:

I know you got my message loud and clear and it is annoying you because I'm saying the truth, so it doesn't matter anymore if you decide to throw insults because that's what you always do when the truth hits you hard.

I'm already used to your tactics grin
Not annoying me at all

Just setting the records straight for others reading
According to your logic because Evans the kidnapper operated in Lagos we can say Ibo kidnappers have taken over the SW or the country
Because Ibos are arrested for drug trafficking we can say Ibos are all drug traffickers

The fact still remains that You believe what you wan to believe but we will set the records straight
The summary
Because something happens in Lagos does not mean it is happening in the SW
Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by Brendaniel: 2:00pm On Dec 16, 2023
Gajagojo:
Not annoying me at all

Just setting the records straight for others reading
According to your logic because Evans the kidnapper operated in Lagos we can say Ibo kidnappers have taken over the SW or the country
Because Ibos are arrested for drug trafficking we can say Ibos are all drug traffickers

The fact still remains that You believe what you wan to believe but we will set the records straight
The summary
Because something happens in Lagos does not mean it is happening in the SW

Then why are Yorubas attacking Igbos because of Lagos why don't they leave it for Lagosians?
Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by Charly68: 2:05pm On Dec 16, 2023
Two people are fighting and the next thing the oil thieves are talking about is destruction of oil installations ..what has that got to do with the conflict between the Governor and his mentor .Fabara is immatured if not he would concentrate on real delivery of his promises while his mentor focus on the state and national politics.. . As things are now they will use him to play politics and he will be the loser at the end.

1 Like

Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:10pm On Dec 16, 2023
Tjra:

Another lie peddled for too long.

Ambode put up a fight? What fight? Who the fck is he to put up a fight with Tinubu? What insult!

The man fell out with his mentor. His mentor refused to support his re-election and he lost the primaries.

No correlation at all.
is it tinubu that stopped ambode... Fubara has some assembly members at his back.. ambode had non...

2 Likes

Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by Gajagojo: 2:13pm On Dec 16, 2023
Brendaniel:

Then why are Yorubas attacking Igbos because of Lagos why don't they leave it for Lagosians?
How is that related to the topic or to Rivers state

Why not ask why Ikwerrre seiize Ibo property in Port Harcourt
Why not ask why Ibos were slaughtered llike chickens in Oyigbo

Make me understand how Ibos came into the conversation

Are we discussing Ibos?
Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by drololaaof: 2:25pm On Dec 16, 2023
Islie:
Ex-gov imposed commissioners, advisers, others on successor

Federal lawmakers protest, ask Tinubu to intervene, why N’Assembly can’t act yet – Reps spokesman

https://punchng.com/revealed-how-fubara-fell-out-with-wike/?amp
It is time River state elders and stake holders come together to apply Ondo state formula in resolving the impasse.
Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by IamCookie(f): 2:26pm On Dec 16, 2023
Angelfrost:

He agreed to what?!! Please, show us the legal document where he signed and agreed to it.

Additionally, produce the section of the national constitution that allows such interference with the activities of governance by ex-governors.

This is a joke taken too far.

How are you so sure that former Gov. Wike nominated all these commissioners that resigned to Fubara , for appointment !? Cos I can see the narrative most of y'all haters of Gov. Wike are selling to Nairalanders but don't want anyone to refute.

Given the recent crises in Rivers State , I, may decide to resign my appointment , if I notice that the conditions of service is no longer congenial , regardless of who appoints me. So , anyone criticising Wike without hearing from the erstwhile commissioners is bias.
Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by braveboi4life: 2:29pm On Dec 16, 2023
All the political fight wike was involved in were executed using state resources, this money amount to billions of naira,his political fight never benefitted anyone except him and a few, yet you want to continue milking the state after you have gone.

Our politicians are evil, and more of the evil are their supporters

Notatribalist:
A sitting governor used state money to purchase nomination form for politicians,and he openly boosted about it on air and got away with it. Guys, let's renegotiate Nigeria abeg
Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by Brendaniel: 2:32pm On Dec 16, 2023
Gajagojo:
How is that related to the topic or to Rivers state

Why not ask why Ikwerrre seiize Ibo property in Port Harcourt
Why not ask why Ibos were slaughtered llike chickens in Oyigbo

Make me understand how Ibos came into the conversation

Are we discussing Ibos?

Because you're speaking from both sides of the mouth....
Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by Gajagojo: 2:35pm On Dec 16, 2023
Brendaniel:

Because you're speaking from both sides of the mouth....
What does that mean?
What has Ibo matter in Lagos got to do with political godfatherism?
Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by Gajagojo: 2:39pm On Dec 16, 2023
Massiveglory:
I don't care how he fell out or who fell out.

Wetin I sabi bi say everyone who joined hands to destroy our nation in the last election will receive his wages including tinubu and his bandwagon.

Some of them will go by sudden unexpected death.
Some will be struck by unhealable afflictions
Some will be disgraced unimagineable.
Some will be alive but will be burying loved families and relations.

It s not possible for you to escape this wish list of yours
Surely you know that?
These things have a way of finding the speaker first
In fact remember 2023 is not yet over
There is plenty of time for you to experience this stuff in 5G if Ogun Lakaaye reason your matter
Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by Brendaniel: 3:03pm On Dec 16, 2023
Gajagojo:
What does that mean?
What has Ibo matter in Lagos got to do with political godfatherism?

Thank you for your question, When Tinubu refused to leave the grip of Lagos state through Sanwo-Olu in the last election, Igbos wanted to end god-fatherism in Lagos by voting in a real Lagosian who does not have a god father, but you Yorubas were attacking Igbos for that, not even the Lagosians like GRV, Bode George and so on attacked the Igbos, you guys even justified the physical attacks on the Igbos.

People like FFK, Bayo Onanuga and so on came out and still warned the Igbos after the attacks.

Then here you are telling me that other south western states are not like Lagos, then why didn't all the the south western states mind their business and not support godfatherism in Lagos.

Why didn't they leave Lagosians to handle their business by themselves, is Bayo Onanuga a Lagosian? Is FFK a lagosian? All of you on Nairaland here who supported such against the Igbos, are you all Lagosians?

You see why I told you double mouth speaking is what you are doing, if you claim Yorubas in other south western states don't support god fatherism then why did Yorubas from all the other south western states support god fatherism for Lagos and for Lagosians ?

Is that not double standard, hypocrisy and double mouthed?
Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by cmikel: 3:10pm On Dec 16, 2023
It's clear that wike want to use the bat style.

Hold onto the state resource even after leaving office and use the resource obtained from the state as his financial muscle to vie for presidency

Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by RosyIsBlessed: 3:12pm On Dec 16, 2023
This has nothing to do with ijaw or any ethnicity. It has everything to do with the interest of the state generally. Small thing una don dey cry marginalization of an ethnic group.

We want Fubara for the good of the state generally as he seems to be God sent.

No one can put the state under their armhole as if the state is his personal property.
Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:22pm On Dec 16, 2023
ecolime:

Tinubu's style of leadership is not toxic godfatherism. To the best of my knowledge he grooms and mentors his followers.

I'm not sure I ever read where he attempted to impeach any governor in Lagos. He fell out with Ambode which is not abnormal for humans.

Ambode contested the primaries against Sanwo-Olu and he lost woefully. Is second term ticket for sitting governors automatic? Not all all.

Must Tinubu support his second term ambition? Not at all.

Lets learn to separate facts from hearsay.

Oga Naptu2, maybe you could help with a fresh thread on this.
ambode fell out with majority of apc stakeholders... Even if tinubu supported him he would still lose out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by Gajagojo: 3:32pm On Dec 16, 2023
Brendaniel:

Thank you for your question, When Tinubu refused to leave the grip of Lagos state through Sanwo-Olu in the last election, Igbos wanted to end god-fatherism in Lagos by voting in a real Lagosian who does not have a god father, but you Yorubas were attacking Igbos for that, not even the Lagosians like GRV, Bode George and so on attacked the Igbos, you guys even justified the physical attacks on the Igbos.

People like FFK, Bayo Onanuga and so on came out and still warned the Igbos after the attacks.

Then here you are telling me that other south western states are not like Lagos, then why didn't all the the south western states mind their business and not support godfatherism in Lagos.

Why didn't they leave Lagosians to handle their business by themselves, is Bayo Onanuga a Lagosian? Is FFK a lagosian? All of you on Nairaland here who supported such against the Igbos, are you all Lagosians?

You see why I told you double mouth speaking is what you are doing, if you claim Yorubas in other south western states don't support god fatherism then why did Yorubas from all the other south western states support god fatherism for Lagos and for Lagosians ?

Is that not double standard, hypocrisy and double mouthed?
Oh so there is no godfatherism in Ekiti? In Oyo? Ogun Ondo Ekiti?Osun?

Only Lagos?

How does that square with your theory of how southwesteners reason ?
Why have Ibos not needed to save them in other SW states
Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by Brendaniel: 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2023
Gajagojo:

Oh so there is no godfatherism in Ekiti? In Oyo? Ogun Ondo Ekiti?Osun?

Only Lagos?

How does that square with your theory of how southwesteners reason ?
Why have Ibos not needed to save them in other SW states

Thank you for asking all these questions, so you guys don't want god fatherism for your states, then why do you want god fatherism for Lagos state, why Lagos?

Something is not adding up, it is either you people hate Lagosians or there is envy against Lagosians, so you people want upon Lagosians what you people dont want upon your states.

Igbos don't like god fatherism in politics, since we also live in Lagos, allow us vote our choice, it is our constitutional rights to do that, we are not practicing god fatherism in any south eastern states and we don't want to practice in Lagos too.

But it is not your constitutional rights to stop Igbos from voting, so who is on the wrong side of the law, the Igbos or the Yorubas?

Why force god fatherism on everyone against their constitutional rights, something you don't want to happen in your own state....

So you don't want god fatherism in your states but you want it in Lagos state....

Are you not seeing the double standard and hypocrisy?
Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by Gajagojo: 3:44pm On Dec 16, 2023
Brendaniel:

Thank you for asking all these questions, so you guys don't want god fatherism for your states, then why do you want god fatherism for Lagos state, why Lagos?

Something is not adding up, it is either you people hate Lagosians or there is envy against Lagosians, so you people want upon Lagosians what you people dont want upon your states.

Igbos don't like god fatherism in politics, since we also live in Lagos, allow us vote our choice, it is our constitutional rights to do that, we are not practicing god fatherism in any south eastern states and we don't want to practice in Lagos too.

But it is not your constitutional rights to stop Igbos from voting, so who is on the wrong side of the law, the Igbos or the Yorubas?

Why force god fatherism on everyone against their constitutional rights, something you don't want to happen in your own state....

So you don't want god fatherism in your states but you want it in Lagos state....

Are you not seeing the double standard and hypocrisy?

You said the southwesterners reason one way with regard to godfatherism
Without any evidence from any other state do you accept that is a baseless assumption

You generalise an assumption from Lagos to the whole SW
What is the basis

This matter is not about Iboes and your baseless assertions

Nobody stopped Iboes voting

You had no problem with results favouring Obi

If Iboes are that many in Lagos then the previous results since 1999 cannot be said to be representative of how southwesterners think but now Iboes in Lagos have been voting since 1999 Did Iboes not vote before?
Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by VULCAN(m): 3:58pm On Dec 16, 2023
Whatever gave you the false impression that Sim went to Tinubu believing that Tinubu will get Wike off his neck?

You have not been opportune to spend time with Nigerian politicians. They are masters of posturing.

Sim knows Wike far better than he knows Tinubu. He knew that the war was just beginning no matter what happened in their meeting.

He went there ONLY to give a semblance of respecting his godfather.

So that Tinubu would see that he wasn't an unreasonable man.

Tinubu was made governor by old men in AD

They didn't do a fraction of what Wike did to SIM and yet Tinubu abandoned them in AD and floated ACN.

That placed AD in a coma that they haven't woken up from

Iykopee:

The federal lawmaker said, “There are slaves who are always happy in chains. But if you go through the history of Rivers State, if you go through the evolution and the abolition of slavery worldwide, you will hear names from Rivers State.

“We are not slaves. We are not part of those slaves who are happy in their chains. I want to appreciate President Bola Ahmed Tinubu for telling the entire world and affirming that indeed one ingredient that can stop a violent takeover of government and that can stop the violence of humans is good governance.

Are you still making reference to Thîefnubu the slave master who also has his people in chains till date? grin grin

This lawmaker is naturally daft like Sim Fubara who went to Abuja, hoping that after having a fight with Satan (Wike) a Lucifer (Thîefnubu) can administer justice.🤣🤣

Deluded crazy peeps.
Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by robosky02(m): 4:00pm On Dec 16, 2023
According to the IJews

Without SIM

There is no network

In Rivers State
Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by Jackiedemie(m): 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2023
ubest1:
Wike will be cut below abnormal size, 2027 SIM will win easily through sympathy vote, every soul in Rivers will defend PDP vote just to laugh at Wike, Akpabio 2019 treatment await him in 2027

The same pdp vote that they couldn't defend it for atiku.
Dey play
Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by FLYFIRE(m): 4:13pm On Dec 16, 2023
I said it here the other day, those commissioners were warned to "resigned" before they were disgraced out by sack.

Someone said Fubara has taken Wike's SIM so Wike does not have network

grin grin grin

Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by Brendaniel: 4:24pm On Dec 16, 2023
Gajagojo:

You said the southwesterners reason one way with regard to godfatherism
Without any evidence from any other state do you accept that is a baseless assumption

You generalise an assumption from Lagos to the whole SW
What is the basis

This matter is not about Iboes and your baseless assertions

Nobody stopped Iboes voting

You had no problem with results favouring Obi

If Iboes are that many in Lagos then the previous results since 1999 cannot be said to be representative of how southwesterners think but now Iboes in Lagos have been voting since 1999 Did Iboes not vote before?

Then why are Yorubas from the other south western states supporting Tinubu's god fatherism in Lagos?

Nobody stopped Igbos from voting?

https://gazettengr.com/u-s-condemns-apc-led-suppression-of-igbo-voters-in-lagos-announces-fresh-visa-bans-on-culprits/

https://saharareporters.com/2023/03/17/tinubus-loyalist-mc-oluomo-threatens-igbo-people-lagos-tells-them-stay-home-if-they-wont

https://www..com/talk/topic,555986.0.html

These are links to verify my claims about you people stopping Igbos from voting, why do you Tinubu supporters love lying?
Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by stanisbaratheon: 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2023
Angelfrost:

He agreed to what?!! Please, show us the legal document where he signed and agreed to it.

Additionally, produce the section of the national constitution that allows such interference with the activities of governance by ex-governors.

This is a joke taken too far.

Don't mind that fellow. It's obvious he supports Wike. Don't be surprised he's from ObioAkpor just like Wike, that's how they behave.

Those are the sets of people lambasting Buhari for lopsided governance at national level but back home they want their ethnic man to control everything in Rivers State. Let them try it we are watching them.
Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by Gajagojo: 5:32pm On Dec 16, 2023
Brendaniel:

Then why are Yorubas from the other south western states supporting Tinubu's god fatherism in Lagos?

Nobody stopped Igbos from voting?

https://gazettengr.com/u-s-condemns-apc-led-suppression-of-igbo-voters-in-lagos-announces-fresh-visa-bans-on-culprits/

https://saharareporters.com/2023/03/17/tinubus-loyalist-mc-oluomo-threatens-igbo-people-lagos-tells-them-stay-home-if-they-wont

https://www..com/talk/topic,555986.0.html

These are links to verify my claims about you people stopping Igbos from voting, why do you Tinubu supporters love lying?

Your links are allegations

This thread is not about Iboes
It is about Rivers state

You said that. SW people reason the same way but you cannot provide evidence of such in Any SW, state.
Even with APCin the centre they still lost OYo and Osun to PDP.
NO wonder they say you are emotional. You never use your brains but prefer to indulge in sentiments
Can you show evidence of godfatherism in Oyo,Ekiti,Osun,Ondo,or Ogun? No instead you are talking nonsense about Iboes

We are not discussing Iboes
Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by Brendaniel: 5:38pm On Dec 16, 2023
Gajagojo:

Your links are allegations

This thread is not about Iboes
It is about Rivers state

You said that. SW people reason the same way but you cannot provide evidence of such in Any SW, state.
Even with APCin the centre they still lost OYo and Osun to PDP.
NO wonder they say you are emotional. You never use your brains but prefer to indulge in sentiments
Can you show evidence of godfatherism in Oyo,Ekiti,Osun,Ondo,or Ogun? No instead you are talking nonsense about Iboes

We are not discussing Iboes

I passed my message again and I know you got it loud and clear, I even gave you verified news links as evidence...

You have just been talking without any supporting link.

I have showed you the truth, whatever you want to do with it is your problem grin
Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by Gajagojo: 5:53pm On Dec 16, 2023
Brendaniel:

I passed my message again and I know you got it loud and clear, I even gave you verified news links as evidence...

You have just been talking without any supporting link.

I have showed you the truth, whatever you want to do with it is your problem grin
Your message was that SW reason one way with regard to godfathers
Can you provide evidence of such outside Lagos state?
Trying to make the conversation about Iboes won't work
Re: How Fubara Fell Out With Wike by Brendaniel: 6:06pm On Dec 16, 2023
Gajagojo:

Your message was that SW reason one way with regard to godfathers
Can you provide evidence of such outside Lagos state?
Trying to make the conversation about Iboes won't work

Ekiti state,Ogun state, and Osun state till the Adeleke's fought Tinubu off the same way the Igbos tried to remove Tinubu as god father from Lagos...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Obiano Appoints Zubby Michael As Special Adviser On Media / Chaos As IPOB Members Disrupt Church Service Over Prayer For Election. Photos / Another ESN Commander Has Taken Over - IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.