Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,036 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye (27277 Views)

Bishop Chukwuma: I Didn’t Dare Government Over Closure Of Churches In Enugu / Why Hisbah Didn’t Stop ‘immorality’ At Ganduje Daughter’s Wedding, By Sheikh Da / Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Menclothing: 6:38pm On Dec 17, 2023
Most people don’t know not all stool have fetish process many kings are just political In nature even sultan of sokoto olubadan of Ibadan and plenty others in east and south south
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by LordIsaac(m): 6:43pm On Dec 17, 2023
tctrills:

You really think someone saddled with the duties of a king would have as much time for the ministry?
Yes. Ministry is not limited to a particular modus operandi. The Spirit of God can make you work for God anywhere…under any circumstances!
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Larryndelaw: 6:48pm On Dec 17, 2023
TINUBU was destined to be the PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA. If you look at the circumstances that surrounded him before the election, Then you will know it is God doing. The Cabal, The Muslim Muslim Ticket, The Naira redesign, APC chairman. Then all of a sudden TINUBU said ITS MY TURN, Nobody pay attention to that word rather they were abusing him. He said it and it came to PASS. Then Look at how PDP were fighting themselves to the extent that they are unable to come together. That is why when some ignorant came out and said the election was RIG how and where. PDP was divided into 3. All the 3 votes would have gone to PDP.
That is why I would implore who care to listen whenever you wake up in the morning Pray that GOD should put confusion into your enemies' camp till you achieve your aim
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by PHAYOL81: 6:56pm On Dec 17, 2023
The problems ain't the kingship (royals can be saints and staunch believers ), the problems are how to avoid being fetish and still stay off harm's reach.

I hope the new SOUN knows the burden he now carries.
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by SpearofGod(m): 6:57pm On Dec 17, 2023
tctrills:

Luke 9:62
62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you. Hmm.
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by femi4: 7:28pm On Dec 17, 2023
Ms202309:
Soun throne is a pretty decent royalty and dynasty, Ogbomosho isn't fetish , it's just like a political leadership
Dey play....even ordinary Baale is fetish

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by tctrills: 7:47pm On Dec 17, 2023
LordIsaac:

Yes. Ministry is not limited to a particular modus operandi. The Spirit of God can make you work for God anywhere…under any circumstances!
I think that's more of an excuse to give up the things of God for the glories of this world.
Yes, each of us can serve God in our various places of work.
But remember Jesus Christ rejected being a king. We all should learn to put God first. This man is clearly not making God's work his first love.
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by ivolt: 7:49pm On Dec 17, 2023
Ms202309:
Soun throne is a pretty decent royalty and dynasty, Ogbomosho isn't fetish , it's just like a political leadership
See this novice.
Which stool is fetish and which one is not?
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by LilVast1(m): 7:50pm On Dec 17, 2023
Godoverevery:

Lol.....you talking about where am from.

Baptist by day.......babalawo by night.

We are good people but the land is fully traditional.

You’re definitely not from Ogbomoso
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Godoverevery: 7:52pm On Dec 17, 2023
LilVast1:

You’re definitely not from Ogbomoso

Lol.....cause I said the truth and not an hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by thinkmoney(m): 7:57pm On Dec 17, 2023
Ms202309:
Until another pastor leaves ministry to become Alaafin. I will expect your excuse then too
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by ShinjaWWest: 7:57pm On Dec 17, 2023
YoobaNesan:
:Agba Scammer grin

He scam Ur papa abi Ur mama
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by LilVast1(m): 7:57pm On Dec 17, 2023
WhisperedNoise:

He didn't. Heard he hosted crusades after his coronation.
Lol, He did perform all the necessary rites

I think it doesn’t shake his faith
I’m of the belief that culture and religion don’t mix
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by samsegs(m): 7:59pm On Dec 17, 2023
God has spoken,,,but my own be say Will he still be a pastor or indulge in juju things they do??
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by LilVast1(m): 8:00pm On Dec 17, 2023
Godoverevery:

Lol.....cause I said the truth and not an hypocrite.

That ain’t the truth bro
Mention a recent instance of ‘Baptist by day Babalawo by night’

By the way, what part of Ogbomoso are you from?
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Opolopoopolonio: 8:02pm On Dec 17, 2023
At this point, I can only look up to Jesus the Author and Finisher of my faith embarassed
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by LordIsaac(m): 8:07pm On Dec 17, 2023
tctrills:

I think that's more of an excuse to give up the things of God for the glories of this world.
Yes, each of us can serve God in our various places of work.
But remember Jesus Christ rejected being a king. We all should learn to put God first. This man is clearly not making God's work his first love.
Well, if he says God spoke to him and his leader corroborates it, we can but wish him well!
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by tctrills: 8:12pm On Dec 17, 2023
LordIsaac:

Well, if he says God spoke to him and his leader corroborates it, we can but wish him well!
We can always know if it's the voice of God because God is consistent. Do you know any other minister in the history of the bible that was released from his work in the ministry to chase after worldly glories? Just like you, I wish him well but this is not a good example.
As a shepherd, your sheep comes first. A true shepherd would forsake glory, and riches to tend to his sheep.
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Obagreatdatoye(m): 8:40pm On Dec 17, 2023
tctrills:

We can always know if it's the voice of God because God is consistent. Do you know any other minister in the history of the bible that was released from his work in the ministry to chase after worldly glories? Just like you, I wish him well but this is not a good example.
As a shepherd, your sheep comes first. A true shepherd would forsake glory, and riches to tend to his sheep.
Man...there are somethings that are beyond human reasoning....everything about the earth and the people therein are mysteries which only GOD can decipher..Every moment we lived on earth as been predestinated ..only those that sees into the spiritual...can understand this definity....it's beyond you bro.

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by tctrills: 8:49pm On Dec 17, 2023
Obagreatdatoye:

Man...there are somethings that are beyond human reasoning....everything about the earth and the people therein are mysteries which only GOD can decipher..Every moment we lived on earth as been predestinated ..only those that sees into the spiritual...can understand this definity....it's beyond you bro.
If giving up your duties as a shepherd for the glories of the world is beyond your understanding, sir it's not beyond mine.
Jesus Christ rejected the crown of the world for the work of the ministry. Therein lies the perfect example.
So I get it, following the example of Christ may be beyond your understanding.
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by sweetjohn(m): 8:50pm On Dec 17, 2023
It’s high time this tribal pastor stop using the name of God in vain.

A tribal pastor that believes that his criminal kinsman is chosen by God to be president. Such man should not be taken seriously.
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by StUriah(m): 8:52pm On Dec 17, 2023
How can Christians be interested in the traditional institution that involves ritual practices? This is not the kingdom of Israel and Judah, and neither is it that of British or Vatican.

Ogbomosho was founded by warriors of Bariba origin. Soun Ogunlola, Kakanfo Toyeje, Ojo Aburumaku who were the founding fathers and former kings of Ogbomosho were known to be deeply involved in ritual practices to protect Ogbomosho land from collapsing after the fall of the Old Oyo empire and Ikoyi Ile.

I hope this pastors were informed about the Crocodile that is being worship in the palace and the now departed over 200 year old Tortoise formerly in that palace.

Before you put the beaded crown on your head as a new king, you must have been taken through some traditional procedures. Are you going to be binding and casting every spiritual entities attached to the ancient crown?

Stop fooling us. As a traditional ruler who is a custodian of his people's culture, what are you going to showcase to foreigners who want to learn about your culture if everyone now sees you as a christian king?

I can bet it, God didn't speak with you.

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Obagreatdatoye(m): 8:58pm On Dec 17, 2023
tctrills:

If giving up your duties as a shepherd for the glories of the world is beyond your understanding, sir it's not beyond mine.
Jesus Christ rejected the crown of the world for the work of the ministry. Therein lies the perfect example.
So I get it, following the example of Christ may be beyond your understanding.
What you know about Christ, the word and the world in is entirety is so shallow ...

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by tctrills: 9:07pm On Dec 17, 2023
Obagreatdatoye:

What you know about Christ, the word and the world in is entirety is so shallow ...

You are just trying to be funny. You obviously don't even read your bible so it's stupid playing your shallow game with you.

I would only try to teach you from the word of God. Below are a verse verses that you should apply to your life.
Matthew 6:21
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Matthew 6:33
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
John 18:36
36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by NewDea4: 9:14pm On Dec 17, 2023
Yeah right tongue
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Ballmer: 9:19pm On Dec 17, 2023
Look at this bastard so you expect him to support your Pandora criminal who declare election was war ? You have to be mad for this comment.

Why don't you suggest we go with your pastor that lay foundation of their churches with human head. Oloshious fellows !

sweetjohn:
It’s high time this tribal pastor stop using the name of God in vain.

A tribal pastor that believes that his criminal kinsman is chosen by God to be president. Such man should not be taken seriously.

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Darevofpeace(m): 9:23pm On Dec 17, 2023
Godoverevery:

I am from Ogbomoso and a Baptist to the core.
Your assumption of Babalawo by night is greatly flawed by you.

Stop generalizing, not everyone is like you.
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by 7upnigeria: 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2023
Godoverevery:

That's straight to the point. 😑😑😑
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Ms202309: 10:05pm On Dec 17, 2023
thinkmoney:

Until another pastor leaves ministry to become Alaafin. I will expect your excuse then too
Alafin is very different

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter / Father Mbaka Invokes God's Judgement On Those Who Speak Evil Against Him / Pope Francis Laments Terrorist Attack On St Francis Xavier Church, Owo, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.