Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye (27294 Views)

Bishop Chukwuma: I Didn’t Dare Government Over Closure Of Churches In Enugu / Why Hisbah Didn’t Stop ‘immorality’ At Ganduje Daughter’s Wedding, By Sheikh Da / Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Successfulben: 10:38pm On Dec 17, 2023
Should I say that you're both gullible and foolish for saying that Ogbomosho isn't fetish. I just pity the gentle man and his family because when the gods of Ogbomosho land comes for sacrifice that day the God of Adeboye will fail him
Ms202309:
Soun throne is a pretty decent royalty and dynasty, Ogbomosho isn't fetish , it's just like a political leadership

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Successfulben: 10:46pm On Dec 17, 2023
I am 1001 percent sure that man did not hear God. All I can say is that may God have mercy on Adeboye
nstore:
“When he (Olaoye) came to me to inform me about the development I told him to go and pray, he came back and said he had not heard anything. I told him to go back and pray again, and after a while, he came back and told me God had spoken..."

Love Conquers All..
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by LordIsaac(m): 10:49pm On Dec 17, 2023
tctrills:

We can always know if it's the voice of God because God is consistent. Do you know any other minister in the history of the bible that was released from his work in the ministry to chase after worldly glories? Just like you, I wish him well but this is not a good example.
As a shepherd, your sheep comes first. A true shepherd would forsake glory, and riches to tend to his sheep.
Oh, do you know it’s now your point became clearer? He actually left pastoral duties, not just the average secular jobs. I get your point clearly.
I think it was the same thing Apostle Paul made reference to when he warned against towing the path of Demas. You know most of our church leaders in Nigeria are motivated first by monetary gains, than heavenly considerations.
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Ms202309: 11:00pm On Dec 17, 2023
Successfulben:
Should I say that you're both gullible and foolish for saying that Ogbomosho isn't fetish. I just pity the gentle man and his family because when the gods of Ogbomosho land comes for sacrifice that day the God of Adeboye will fail him

You lack good home training

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Ishilove: 11:10pm On Dec 17, 2023
Pastor Ghandi doing doings grin grin
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by WhisperedNoise: 11:16pm On Dec 17, 2023
Lanre1st:

Shut up, are you living in his Palace. Ogbomosho is dully traditional in making king.

All these pastors, including Adeboye are after worldly wealth.
Holding crusade, prayer night are formality
Next time, use your brain before you quote me.

Kind regards.

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by WhisperedNoise: 11:16pm On Dec 17, 2023
LilVast1:

Lol, He did perform all the necessary rites

I think it doesn’t shake his faith
I’m of the belief that culture and religion don’t mix
Hmmm
I'd like to have a conversation with you about this.
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by tctrills: 11:27pm On Dec 17, 2023
LordIsaac:

Oh, do you know it’s now your point became clearer? He actually left pastoral duties, not just the average secular jobs. I get your point clearly.
I think it was the same thing Apostle Paul made reference to when he warned against towing the path of Demas. You know most of our church leaders in Nigeria are motivated first by monetary gains, than heavenly considerations.
I really don't think he made the right decision. To think that he even prayed about it.
Imagine asking God, should I leave my duties as a shepherd for a very lucrative high paying offer
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by LordIsaac(m): 12:51am On Dec 18, 2023
tctrills:

I really don't think he made the right decision. To think that he even prayed about it.
Imagine asking God, should I leave my duties as a shepherd for a very lucrative high paying offer
Exactly!
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by generationz(f): 7:15am On Dec 18, 2023
Myer:

Says who?
All our traditional kingdoms are fetish and entrenched in the old religions.

However when God remembers a land, he appoints men after his heart to rule the kingdoms in Spirit and Truth. Through Pastor Olaoyr, Ogbomosho has and will see the light of Christ overcome every darkness and the powers that have kept the souls of men bondage for ages.

It is a great new era for the Yoruba kingdom and by God's grace the rest of Nigeria. Hallelujah!

No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon [money, possessions, fame, status, or whatever is valued more than the Lord. Matthew 6 vs 24 to 26.
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Myer(m): 8:37am On Dec 18, 2023
generationz:

No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon [money, possessions, fame, status, or whatever is valued more than the Lord. Matthew 6 vs 24 to 26.
Can you please relate this with the topic?
How does being a king equate to serving Mammon?
By inference, a believer should not be a politician.
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by windvane(m): 9:22am On Dec 18, 2023
WhisperedNoise:

He didn't. Heard he hosted crusades after his coronation.
which crusade?I am sure this is an old news....Oba that the courts have removed since last month
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by WhisperedNoise: 9:54am On Dec 18, 2023
windvane:
which crusade?I am sure this is an old news....Oba that the courts have removed since last month
I learnt his removal was political. Let's wait and see
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Dsimmer: 9:54am On Dec 18, 2023
generationz:

Lol. So he shouldn't become an Oba? Lol. What's wrong in such? Wasn't David a king? They are also the custodians of cultures. So what's wrong in that?

As for Yoruba religion, you do realise that Yoruba IFA religion has similarities with Christianity in a way. First, there was Eshu who was in between the heaven and earth and was overseeing administration on earth, enforcing laws and was also taking prayers to Olodumare after an ebo sacrifice had been made. There was also Ela who was birthed by Oyigi without a man and was stated to be Olodumare's divine child as well as the "first word" of Olodumare to bring Life and clarity at the beginning of creation. He also took up the role of the high priest (Orunmila). There was Jewesun stated as Olodumare's Divine child and the lamb while we are made to know that Jewesun is the only child of Olodumare thus telling us that Olodumare has only one child, thus Jewesun and Ela are the same since Ela was also stated as the son of Olodumare. So Ela was the "word" which became Jewesun as flesh and they're the same. All these are similar to Christianity of course which states "In the beginning, there was the Word and the Word was with God and God is the Word and the Word became flesh and dwelled among us". Funny "Elah" is a Hebrew word which means God. While in Yoruba, it means "clarity".

Anyways, in continuation according to IFA, Jewesun was also stated to have abolished ebo sacrifice (fruits and animal sacrifices) by sacrificing himself as the lamb which is also similar to Christianity.

However I like how Yoruba religion made it in a way that people shouldn't be scared of Eshu because why should anyone do such? Lol. Eshu was one of the innovative creative Orishas after all. However, I don't think he should be sacrificed to, since Jewesun already abolished ebo sacrifice. IFA is indeed deep.
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by windvane(m): 10:42am On Dec 18, 2023
WhisperedNoise:

I learnt his removal was political. Let's wait and see
political?Nope!!!he was taking to court by other rulling house,they said he doesn't belong to the rulling house.....he has the backing of makinde but the chief bearers are against him.....been following the story since the last oba died......it's a matter of highest bidder against the rightful owner
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Dpzeewonder: 12:24pm On Dec 18, 2023
Ogbomosho is not fetish, really? It means you are no where near Ogbomosho
Ms202309:
Soun throne is a pretty decent royalty and dynasty, Ogbomosho isn't fetish , it's just like a political leadership
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by generationz(f): 1:58pm On Dec 18, 2023
Dsimmer:

Lol. So he shouldn't become an Oba? Lol. What's wrong in such? Wasn't David a king? They are also the custodians of cultures. So what's wrong in that?

As for Yoruba religion, you do realise that Yoruba IFA religion has similarities with Christianity in a way. First, there was Eshu who was in between the heaven and earth and was overseeing administration on earth, enforcing laws and was also taking prayers to Olodumare after an ebo sacrifice had been made. There was also Ela who was birthed by Oyigi without a man and was stated to be Olodumare's divine child as well as the "first word" of Olodumare to bring Life and clarity at the beginning of creation. He also took up the role of the high priest (Orunmila). There was Jewesun stated as Olodumare's Divine child and the lamb while we are made to know that Jewesun is the only child of Olodumare thus telling us that Olodumare has only one child, thus Jewesun and Ela are the same since Ela was also stated as the son of Olodumare. So Ela was the "word" which became Jewesun as flesh and they're the same. All these are similar to Christianity of course which states "In the beginning, there was the Word and the Word was with God and God is the Word and the Word became flesh and dwelled among us". Funny "Elah" is a Hebrew word which means God. While in Yoruba, it means "clarity".

Anyways, in continuation according to IFA, Jewesun was also stated to have abolished ebo sacrifice (fruits and animal sacrifices) by sacrificing himself as the lamb which is also similar to Christianity.

However I like how Yoruba religion made it in a way that people shouldn't be scared of Eshu because why should anyone do such? Lol. Eshu was one of the innovative creative Orishas after all. However, I don't think he should be sacrificed to, since Jewesun already abolished ebo sacrifice. IFA is indeed deep.

David was King of God's people. He also was anointed by GOD'S prophet Samuel to Lead GOD'S PEOPLE. David was also meant to be the forefather of the savior God wanted to send.

Comparing king David to this man is like comparing a Dove to a vulture.

Note: I only read your first paragraph and wrote the above. I just read the rest of the nonsense you wrote and I realized I wasted my time replying you thinking you were a confused Christian but now I know you are a phony. Never compare Jesus to ifa. Jesus is the son of The most high whom many African Traditions acknowledged as Olodumare (Most high/ The light ) but they don't do his perfect will because they are evil.

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Dsimmer: 2:39pm On Dec 18, 2023
generationz:

David was King of God's people. He also was anointed by GOD'S prophet Samuel to Lead GOD'S PEOPLE. David was also meant to be the forefather of the savior God wanted to send.

Comparing king David to this man is like comparing a Dove to a vulture.

Note: I only read your first paragraph and wrote the above. I just read the rest of the nonsense you wrote and I realized I wasted my time replying you thinking you were a confused Christian but now I know you are a phony. Never compare Jesus to ifa. Jesus is the son of The most high whom many African Traditions acknowledged as Olodumare (Most high/ The light ) but they don't do his perfect will because they are evil.

You're just saying gibberish! Nothing wrong in
him being an Oba who are the custodian of cultures.

As for Yoruba's IFA religion, do you know the Hebrew have their own "ephod'' which Hebrew Priests used to get a message from God?

Isn't all what IFA stated about Jewesun who's the same as Ela is true? Jewesun is the only child of Olodumare according to IFA. Isn't that same as what's stated in the Bible?

Meanwhile, there are actually several Yoruba words which are similar to Hebrew for example,

Aye (meaning: "life" while the Hebrew have "haya" which also means "life"

Oluwa (God or Lord) is related to the Hebrew "Elowah" which also means "God"

Eledumare (creator or God e.t.c.) is relative to Hebrew phrase "El 'mareh" which means "Lord God"

Orun (heaven or sky) is relative to the Hebrew word "arun" which means "height" or "high mountain

I still don't know how the Yoruba people are linked to the Hebrew though tongue because it's Yoruba people, not Jews 😅
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by generationz(f): 2:44pm On Dec 18, 2023
Myer:

Can you please relate this with the topic?
How does being a king equate to serving Mammon?
By inference, a believer should not be a politician.

Mammon is an idol same as gods of the land. You must give to ceaser what belongs to Ceasar to be a traditional ruler if you refuse then you must be ready to battle power for power till Gods power prevails.
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Myer(m): 4:50pm On Dec 18, 2023
generationz:

Mammon is an idol same as gods of the land. You must give to ceaser what belongs to Ceasar to be a traditional ruler if you refuse then you must be ready to battle power for power till Gods power prevails.

Mammon is the god of money/wealth.
God is not against kingdoms. Is the Monarchy in UK mammon?
It is quite issue if he worships the gods of the land. But clearly he has established that he worships and serves the Almighty God.
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by LilVast1(m): 10:06am On Dec 21, 2023
WhisperedNoise:

Hmmm
I'd like to have a conversation with you about this.
Okay bro, I’m here
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Dsimmer: 10:13am On Dec 22, 2023
Dsimmer:

You're just saying gibberish! Nothing wrong in
him being an Oba who are the custodian of cultures.

As for Yoruba's IFA religion, do you know the Hebrew have their own "ephod'' which Hebrew Priests used to get a message from God?

Isn't all what IFA stated about Jewesun who's the same as Ela is true? Jewesun is the only child of Olodumare according to IFA. Isn't that same as what's stated in the Bible?

Meanwhile, there are actually several Yoruba words which are similar to Hebrew for example,

Aye (meaning: "life" while the Hebrew have "haya" which also means "life"

Oluwa (God or Lord) is related to the Hebrew "Elowah" which also means "God"

Eledumare (creator or God e.t.c.) is relative to Hebrew phrase "El 'mareh" which means "Lord God"

Orun (heaven or sky) is relative to the Hebrew word "arun" which means "height" or "high mountain

I still don't know how the Yoruba people are linked to the Hebrew though tongue because it's Yoruba people, not Jews 😅

In addition, there are other words such as Baale title which Yoruba uses as "Lord of the Land" which is similar to the Hebrew "Baale of Judah" which also means "Lord of the Land" of Judah. Even the name "Ife" get as e be😂, considering Ifa and Ephod.

I don't believe Yoruba are Jews though.

Let me use Ifa as a timeline. Ifa is more than 10000 years old and there's also iwo eleeru. These are older than Israel/Judea of course. So The Yoruba couldn't have been part of the Jews. If there's any linkage at all, I would say the Yoruba were probably a part of the hyksos who ruled the lower Egypt while Pharaoh ruled the upper Egypt. The hyksos practiced both Levant and the old Egyptian customs. The hyksos were said to have been the Hebrew and other migrants in Egypt. However, I still don't see how it correlate.
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Dsimmer: 9:42pm On Dec 22, 2023
Some even said the hyksos left Egypt in two batches with another as their leader in the second batch. That is, the first batch were without any leader and had already settled in Canan (the body of Jacob and Joseph were taken to Cannan for example. Some hyksos also ran away during the new pharaoh reign 😂) before the second batch with a leader later also came out of Egypt.

Question is did some of the first batch of hyksos move down into Africa or what, instead of Canan? 🤔🧐😂 No one even know which is which. Lmao. The whole history of the hyksos in Egypt is confusing tbh 🤔

That said, I don't think the Yoruba are Jewws because the Yoruba are older than the Isrealites/Judea when Judea/Isreal was eventually formed and also older than Egypt as a matter of fact (I mean Ifa is more than 10000 years old for example. And there's also Iwo eleeru).

These are some of the artefacts depicting the old ooni below (see the Ifa necklace on his neck for example), although ooni of Ife stopped the excavation of Ife because it gives him nightmare.

Only thing I would say is some things which Ifa says about the Yoruba race are scarily similar to the Hebrew. From Jewesun, Ela (enlightenment/clarity), Eledumare, Oluwa (Eloah/Elowah) etc. Or the description. Ifa is mysterious as a matter of fact, coupled with when one also looks at the scientific, innovative and creative aspect of it.👀🧐

Ifa aside, there are some Yorubas words such as Orun (Arun), Aye (Haya), Baale (Baale), Mare (Mareh), Omowe (Moreh) etc which are similar to the Hebrew and we all know the Yoruba didn't have contact with the Isrealites in Judea. Compared to how the Yoruba had contact with the Mali who had already taken up Islam from the Northern Arabs who wiped out the North Africans. Whereas Yoruba had no dealing with the Hebrew to begin with.

Anyway, this is all mysterious to me 🤔. Lol.

Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Dsimmer: 11:54am On Dec 23, 2023
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:03pm On Dec 23, 2023
WISDOM! smiley
Successfulben:

He could just be the churchy man in public and continue with the tradition of his ancestors in secret after all Catholics welcome such too. smiley
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Dsimmer: 4:11pm On Dec 23, 2023
Dsimmer:
Some even said the hyksos left Egypt in two batches with another as their leader in the second batch. That is, the first batch were without any leader and had already settled in Canan (the body of Jacob and Joseph were taken to Cannan for example. Some hyksos also ran away during the new pharaoh reign 😂) before the second batch with a leader later also came out of Egypt.

Question is did some of the first batch of hyksos move down into Africa or what, instead of Canan? 🤔🧐😂 No one even know which is which. Lmao. The whole history of the hyksos in Egypt is confusing tbh 🤔

That said, I don't think the Yoruba are Jewws because the Yoruba are older than the Isrealites/Judea when Judea/Isreal was eventually formed and also older than Egypt as a matter of fact (I mean Ifa is more than 10000 years old for example. And there's also Iwo eleeru).

These are some of the artefacts depicting the old ooni below (see the Ifa necklace on his neck for example), although ooni of Ife stopped the excavation of Ife because it gives him nightmare.

Only thing I would say is some things which Ifa says about the Yoruba race are scarily similar to the Hebrew. From Jewesun, Ela (clarity/enlightenment), Eledumare, Oluwa (Eloah/Elowah) etc. Or the description. Ifa is mysterious as a matter of fact, coupled with when one also looks at the scientific, innovative and creative aspect of it.👀🧐

Ifa aside, there are some Yorubas words such as Orun (Arun), Aye (Haya), Baale (Baale), Mare (Mareh), Omowe (Moreh) etc which are similar to the Hebrew and we all know the Yoruba didn't have contact with the Isrealites in Judea. Compared to how the Yoruba had contact with the Mali who had already taken up Islam from the Northern Arabs who wiped out the North Africans. Whereas Yoruba had no dealing with the Hebrew to begin with.

Anyway, this is all mysterious to me 🤔. Lol.

If I could add to it, I would probably say some of the hyksos probably moved down to stay with the Africans in Africa area and didn't all return to their Canan land during the first batch of their first movement from Egypt. I don't really understand the whole hyksos thing tbh. Lol

How all these is even related to the Yoruba is what I don't even understand because why does Ifa keep pointing out some Hebrew Related stuff to the Yoruba? 😂 IFA itself is mysterious and quite deep while entailing a lot of things such as science, creative arts, innovation, history etc.. meanwhile, I actually think where the Yoruba came from, will be in Ifa since it talks about the history of Yoruba race, the progenitors etc. So it should be there but probably in "coded form" as usual since Ifa talks in code. Although some people says Ife was created by Olodumare. Was Ife the place where life sprang from? 🤔😂

I do know that Ifa talks in code though. For example Obatala which started creation of the earth was "light" just as his name implies. While Oduduwa was an Earth formation and formed from the Earth. Oduduwa name itself means "mysterious God's black creation/Earthy creation". So when people say Obatala came first but couldn't complete Eledumare assignment while Oduduwa came after him to complete it, it was just a satire. It actually means something deeper, aside the innovative enlightenment too. So Ifa is quite deep than what people think. Meanwhile, that wasn't even the beginning of the universe according to Ifa sef. The above-mentioned was only about the creation of the earth.

Btw, the first human on earth was black for example. That's what most have agreed on.

All what I can just say is Africans need to practice more self preservation. Look at how the Northern Africans were murdered and wiped out by the murderous land stealing Arabs for example. The nerves!
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Dsimmer: 3:45pm On Dec 27, 2023

Dsimmer:

Let's say the flood story was probably domiciled in a particular area because there was no way Noah would have been able to reach everyone on earth and tell them about any flood. Others secluded from the area wouldn't know anything and would still be doing whatever they were doing while all that was happening, for example, the Yoruba were doing whatever they were doing. God probably didn't reason their matter at that time 😂 or because they are his Omoluabi 😅 (this is me just trying to be funny. Lol 😂).

Anyways, since Life started from the blacks as proven scientifically, we can then say Noah must definitely be a black man who sprung up from other black men before others also sprung up and even had the language changed 🤓 while Yoruba language persisted. Lol. Funnily, IFA also speaks about Christianity because it mentioned Jewesun as the child of Olodumare and the lamb. Two people were actually mentioned. Ela and Jewesun however both are the same since it says Olodumare has only "one begotten"💤 child (Okanbi). So Ela is Jewesun thus, it's the same thing, such as, a=X.

What I arrived at is Yoruba language is quite old, so is the culture which all need to be preserved. IFA by Orunmila is also quite old and mysterious. Anyways, IFA entails the history of the Yoruba race while also entailing science, arts, history, innovation, creativity etc. IFA is really mysterious.

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Dsimmer: 4:42pm On Dec 27, 2023
Meanwhile, I won't even bother about Noah and all that or the Arab who copied and even plagiarized from the Hebrew (Jews) while trading with the Jews thus the Arab's counterfeit murderous religion which they use in stealing other people's land and destroying other people's culture in their nefarious bid to steal people's land for Arab people like these murderous land stealing idiots did in North Africa 🙄, anyway, what I would say is Life began from the blacks, that's what have been proven & certified scientifically. Anyone who doesn't believe Life is from the blacks is a certified fool!

And yeah, African culture must be preserved! So is Ifa which entails history of the Yoruba race as well as lots of innovative ideas, arts, science, creativity etc!
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Dsimmer: 12:59pm On Dec 28, 2023
Some said Yoruba could be Jews (because of the similar language & Meaning with the Hebrew language despite not trading with the Hebrew) but I wouldn't want to think so😂

I doubt the hyksos (believed to be the Hebrew) stayed back when they were returning to Cannan and even if the hyksos did, they would be around Ethiopia and Sudan axis and besides, I doubt they stayed back. The only thing I would say was the Jews could have moved into Africa after the Jews were displaced from Judea and it would still be around the Sudan, Egypt and Ethiopia axis who should still have the Hebrew language.

The only thing I can say is Yoruba language is quite an old language, thus could be reason for the similarities 😂such as Ona, Aye, Binu, Oluwa, Orun, Ela, Iwa, Melo, Eledumare etc. As I said, African culture needs to be preserved. So also IFA which entails lots of things.

Meanwhile, I realise that the three things which IFA talks about most times are ELA, IWA and ORI (aside the history, innovative, science, art, creativity etc present in it).

ELA means Manifestation, Clarity, Knowledge, Wisdom and Enlightenment (Also represent the child of Eledumare/Olodumare, the Only One God). IWA means strong character, responsibility and goodness perfection, nurturing etc.
ORI means "Head" which is said to be stronger than the Orisha according to IFA because ORI can do what the Orishas did and even more.

Orisha actually means "a selected Head" thus the fact that the Orishas were selected doesn't mean a head can't be selected to be Orisha who can do even more than the aforementioned Orisha hence why we shouldn't think we can't do all the innovation, science, Arts, creativity etc done by the Orishas which live within us 💤. IFA is really deep and mysterious.

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Dsimmer: 11:01am On Jan 05
Dsimmer:
Meanwhile, I won't even bother about Noah and all that or the Arab who copied and even plagiarized from the Hebrew (Jews) while trading with the Jews thus the Arab's counterfeit murderous religion which they use in stealing other people's land and destroying other people's culture in their nefarious bid to steal people's land for Arab people like these murderous land stealing idiots did in North Africa 🙄, anyway, what I would say is Life began from the blacks, that's what have been proven & certified scientifically. Anyone who doesn't believe Life is from the blacks is a certified fool!

And yeah, African culture must be preserved! So is Ifa which entails history of the Yoruba race as well as lots of innovative ideas, arts, science, creativity etc!

📍📍
Re: Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye by Dsimmer: 10:47am On Jan 12
IFA only needs an enlightened person to interpret it from the enlightened perspective and not mundane perspective.

For example, Sango as an Orisha could just mean taking up one of Sango's numerous acts such as electrical engineering, commerce and industrialization, pilot, entertainment arts etc, not making sacrifices to the said Orisha etc😂. In fact, I know someone who always says Obatala is the Orisha of his family for example. This said person is an architect. Architect is one of Obatala's symbols which is about visual art, creative art, electricity, biochemical engineering etc, however if this person had sat on his laurel and refused to have an education or learned, he wouldn't have become one or whatever occupation he wanted to be, even if he made several ebo sacrifices if we're to take these ebo sacrifice literally. Lol. So rather than interpret Ifa from the mundane perspective of it, it should rather be interpreted from an enlightened perspective.

Speaking of ebo sacrifice, when Ifa talks about ebo/etutu sacrifice for ori for example, what are the ingredients for this ebo sacrifice? A food which contains carbohydrate, protein, oil etc in a dish. Aren't this balanced diet food in a dish? 🤓 I mean there is carbohydrate, protein etc in a dish. This is a simple balanced diet or nutrition 💤! So IFA is simply saying one has to feed oneself with a balanced diet/nutrition which acts as immunity against sickness and disease. It's also related to agriculture/farming. Because one has to continue to produce these things in order to feed in the first place. So this is more or less improving the society for the better on the long run by practicing agriculture/farming for more food supply for the communities. Or when IFA talks about goats, pigs, sheeps etc as sacrifices, this is an avenue for one to build modern ranches for livestocks to buttress more food supply which will also improve the society. So, all these improve the society for the better on the long run.

Or when IFA states oil as a sacrifice to Ogun. Let's start with what Ogun represent in the first place. Ogun is an Orisha which also represents metallurgy, mechanical engineering and chemical engineering. As far as I know, all mechanical engines need lubricant (oil) to function. This is technological innovation idea which IFA is simply dishing out. IFA dishes out all these innovative ideas on a platter of gold. That's aside the mathematics which includes algebra, geomantic etc entailed in IFA. So IFA itself represent science, innovation, creativity etc, aside entailing the history of Yoruba race.

Just as these Orishas have their meanings, so are also the ebo sacrifices which also have their own meanings. So people shouldn't take all these literally but should rather be enlightened by it. In fact, these ebo sacrifice can rather be translated into hardwork. For example, a student who wants to become brilliant has to study of course. That's the "hard work" sacrifice. Hard work is also defending one's community against insecurity⚡..

Also organizations such as government and non governmental bodies (NGO) should do well to provide more facilities for the society such as roads, healthcare/hospitals, security, schools etc. Take the missionaries for example who built Roads, hospitals/healthcare facilities, School facilities etc..

Also note that just like Olodumare has no idol/shrine, Orunmila has no idol/shrine too. And it's this Orunmila role which Ela/Jewesun took over, which has always been Ela's role from the beginning of the world according to IFA. So Ela/Jewesun is also known as Orunmila. So, Ela/Jewesun has no idol/shrine. Ela/Jewesun is the only begotten child of Olodumare, the lamb and the word of Olodumare according to IFA. This isn't Orishas though. It is rather supreme Force. Olodumare/Olorun/Oluwa is the only one supreme almighty creator and his only one begotten child Ela/Jewesun/Oluwa. Both have always been present before the universe according to IFA and are one. Olodumare, the almighty creator and his Word (Ela/Jewesun) which is also his only begotten child and the Lamb. IFA is indeed deeply mysterious ☄️

Of course, I'm not opposed to having modern monuments for the Orishas. Monuments for the Orishas to act as symbols of science and creative ideas such as Obatala, Oduduwa, Olokun, Yemaja, Osun, Sango, Oya, Ogun, Egungun, Oko, Ayao, Oranmiyan, Ayangalu, Aja, Osoosi, Osanyin etc and celebrating the festivals of isese festival, egungun festival, eyo festival etc. The Orishas are also part of Yoruba history coupled with entailing innovation, science and creative ideas 💤💤.. Take for instance, the Whites have got Halloween for example etc.

There's also Oro festival which is more or less today's curfew meant to calm things in communities and also for the kings to plan out things with the chiefs without disturbance. Of course, severe punishments are given to those who flout the rules and trespass. Also to celebrate the ancestors.

Another is "gbere sisi" for "giri" (incision for shock) which is simply acupuncture which is also practiced among the Asian traditional healthcare. It's simply when a technical trained healthcare personnel makes an incision at the median energetic line on a body which had gone into a shock mode to ensure blood can circulate around the body or removal of the clotted blood because the body tends to go into shock (giri) when there's little circulation of blood or blockage of flow. So all these are science which should now take modern form. For example, modern IFA temple clinics can be built with Modern technological equipped healthcare facilities, just like the Asians. Also the knowledge on medicinal plants, roots and barks can be in such temples with such clinics also acting as medicinal plant seed banks. Likewise knowledge on history, enlightenment and mathematics/physics in the IFA temple.

However, the ebo sacrifices can be interpreted better, and not the old interpretation of it. And note that Jewesun/Ela already abolished all literal ebo sacrifice which includes ose eyonu this and ose eyonu that blah blah blah. There's nothing like ose eyonu blah blah blah to begin with. Lol. As a matter of fact, Jewesun/Ela already took over every form of ebo sacrifice. IFA is an enlightenment & modern science which entails science, technology, creativity etc hence people should see it from the modern perspectives and interpret as such.

As a matter of fact, modern aesthetic IFA temples with modern equipped clinics can be built in the capital state while all the Onifa & Iyanifa in the state register under the clinic. This is the best way to checkmate the useless Idiots practicing nonsensical money ritual for example which aren't part of IFA to begin with.

Anyways, as I already said, IFA needs an enlightened person who won't interpret it from the mundane perspective but an enlightened perspective of it. As a matter of fact, when Ela/Jewesun took over the Orunmila role, he elevated it to a Chief high priest role hence the interpretation of IFA should now take a higher wisdom dimension level than what it used to be✨

Meanwhile, any religion which isn't about innovation and creativity had better be trashed!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

25 Facts About The Midnight Hour (12-3am) / Man Finds A Beheaded Goat In Front Of His House. Photos / Man Who Woke Up After Being "Declared Dead" Holds Thanksgiving Service. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.