Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,457 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? (11212 Views)

Mum Rejects Car Gift From Son, Questions His Source Of Wealth (Pix, Video) / I've Never Seen A Girl As Dirty As My Cousin Sister / Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Sonnobax15(m): 1:26pm On Dec 18, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Exceed15: 1:28pm On Dec 18, 2023
Stop giving yourself unnecessary headache. Gift yourself gift.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by CrossRhodes: 1:30pm On Dec 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Do you at least give presents to others? Or you expect them to give you first before you give to them? undecided

It is quite normal to not receive particularly when it is not the native culture and when you have not invested in making yourself a giver to those around you, to maybe encourage them to give as well. undecided
You didn't read, you just jumped into conclusion

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Adewale1603(m): 1:31pm On Dec 18, 2023
It's perfectly normal. People are different, people situations and circumstances are different also, some people find themselves in the circle and circumstances of giving and receiving gifts, some don't, doesn't mean it's abnormal
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by ExudeLoveToAll: 1:33pm On Dec 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Do you at least give presents to others? Or you expect them to give you first before you give to them? undecided

It is quite normal to not receive particularly when it is not the native culture and when you have not invested in making yourself a giver to those around you, to maybe encourage them to give as well. undecided

If you read before commenting you won't ask this question grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Matix222: 1:34pm On Dec 18, 2023
Beuberry:

It's spiritual

Babe talk to me let’s run things na
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by wiseoneking: 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2023
LooneyLester:
Same with me , I don't even celebrate my birthday, I just see my birthday as a normal day, I hate Christmas and everything that has to do with this pagan festival

Thats part of the reason you are a lonely soul and be careful you don't die alone. For the issue of Christmas: Is a day set apart to celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus. It could be any day but He is the Lord over all days. You can pick the whole 365/6 days in the year unto the Lord and stop your ignorant knowledge about Christmas been a pagan festival. Any day you esteem, let it be unto the Lord. Stop your ignorant criticism because you had from others. CHRISTMAS: Christ Jesus mass.

Romans 14:5-12
King James Version
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by SoNature(m): 1:36pm On Dec 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Oga, read before you comment. It makes your response more reasonable. Your question was even answered in the comment you quoted.

Olodo24, I was once in your place until I met a lady who's a giver. One is even on Nairaland. In fact, she was the first lady I met that sent me money on my birthday and I was shocked. This happened even though we weren't dating.

There are a bunch of leeches who are only interested in sponging off others - both male and female. Until you see a generous giver, don't expect anything from people. To meet a generous lady, focus on character, not looks. Ladies who consider themselves very beautiful have the worst characters and attitude issues.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by fuck419: 1:36pm On Dec 18, 2023
Start with giving to others cheerfully.
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Chassy03: 1:37pm On Dec 18, 2023
You need spiritual cleansing
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by ExudeLoveToAll: 1:37pm On Dec 18, 2023
Probability of you recieving substantial gifts if you are a man is tends to zero rather than 1. A society where most people you expect to receive gifts from see gifting as gender based role where they are the ones mandated by nature to receive gifts.

Don't have any expectations from anyone as regards gifting else you dash your hopes against a stone.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by abba190: 1:40pm On Dec 18, 2023
Olodo24:
Is it normal that no one has ever gifted me anything on special occasions? I'm talking about Valentine, birthday and Christmas. I am 29, and since I became anything close to an adult, I've never had anyone care for me enough to show me love on these special days. Not from family, not from friends.

I am currently not dating and things are really rough for me right now, but I've gifted people in the past. I know some members here will say I'm feeling entitled to the outcome of other people's efforts, but that's really not the point. I just want to experience love and feel loved no matter how small. I can't ask for much.

Having people gift you things is a big flex. I'm not even talking about people coming through for one when one needs help because that one na long story.

So, guys, is this normal? Is it very much normal that feel unloved over this? I'm really over thinking it for sure, but I can't help it.
u are not alone oo me too im 29 nd never receive anything but i dont care because i never give

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by morikee: 1:44pm On Dec 18, 2023
I don't even care I'm also 28 years old.
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Keepamsafe: 1:45pm On Dec 18, 2023
I understand your concerns. And I’ll love to tell you that, sorry Oga.

Men don’t get or receive love or gifts unconditionally only Children, Women and Dogs (Pets in general) receive such luxury.

Toughen up and stop hoping or praying to be weak. You already said its a tough time for you.
So,

FIX UP!
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by izubext007: 1:47pm On Dec 18, 2023
No very abnormal
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Bluntemperor: 1:47pm On Dec 18, 2023
Olodo24:
Is it normal that no one has ever gifted me anything on special occasions? I'm talking about Valentine, birthday and Christmas. I am 29, and since I became anything close to an adult, I've never had anyone care for me enough to show me love on these special days. Not from family, not from friends.

I am currently not dating and things are really rough for me right now, but I've gifted people in the past. I know some members here will say I'm feeling entitled to the outcome of other people's efforts, but that's really not the point. I just want to experience love and feel loved no matter how small. I can't ask for much.

Having people gift you things is a big flex. I'm not even talking about people coming through for one when one needs help because that one na long story.

So, guys, is this normal? Is it very much normal that feel unloved over this? I'm really over thinking it for sure, but I can't help it.

Candidly abnormal!
The Scriptures is very clear on the issues of giving because there is a pronounced command, even by our Lord Jesus ' give and it shall be given unto you,good measure,pressed together and running over,shall men give unto you'.
Paul said ' it is more blessed to give than to receive'- is that not mistrious ?
Bros, don't allow the Worldly people,who lacks the knowledge of the Scriptures to deceive you,like saying ' oh,the Church is deceiving you,don't mind them and all that stuff!
Those who live anyhow lifestyles,do receive -same either by devils takeaway,sickness, wastages ,etc.
Just obey the laws of God and free yourself from chaos and destruction and the blessings of God will follow!
This is Christmas periods and a Muslim woman and her Family - I never expected, came to drop Rice , Groundnut Oil,etc, to my house.
She is the least of my expectations!
Obey Gods Commandments and be blessed, constantly and continuosly!
But the choice is yours!
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by gadgetplanetng: 1:49pm On Dec 18, 2023
How many have you given?
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by fostermd(m): 1:50pm On Dec 18, 2023
You just continue to give with genuine heart of love.It goes beyond just physical things: give your time to people,help them,listen to them during crisis,offer shoulder to lean on,provide advice if you can,volunteer and show genuine interest in the progress of others without necessarily expecting it back.

Surely,God will remember you.He sees the heart and He will send helpers to you.You will be rewarded bountifully for the good deeds you have sown.Your harvest time will surely come..The bible refers to seed times and harvest times.It will surely come in ways,manners and from whom you do not even expect.

Keep giving with pure heart!
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by cbrezy(m): 1:51pm On Dec 18, 2023
tommy589:
Are you an introvert?

I'm in the same shoe as the OP and I'm also an introvert I hate parties and I don't fancy celebrations but I also give gifts to others especially my families because they're all I have.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Lovemeharder(f): 1:51pm On Dec 18, 2023
You can surprise yourself with the gift as well. cheesy
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by BRATISLAVA: 1:54pm On Dec 18, 2023
Olodo24:

Have you ever given anyone gifts yourself?

It's not a big deal. You're a man, aren't you? Nobody gives providers anything. But they expect everything from them.
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Ijaya123: 1:54pm On Dec 18, 2023
Have you given any gifts to people to appreciate them at one time or the other in the past?
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Observatory: 1:55pm On Dec 18, 2023
Try giving out gifts alot and you will receive

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by OBTOREPA(m): 1:59pm On Dec 18, 2023
Olodo24:

They feels you are doing great, no need.
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by inforesource: 2:02pm On Dec 18, 2023
Olodo24:

It indicate that you are still growing and haven't impacted lives yet. So work harder and achieve more success and make positive impact on people.
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Chetas81(m): 2:04pm On Dec 18, 2023
Olodo24:
I don't think that's a good thing to do. Anybody that wants to gift me anything should buy it with his money.
you mean your entitlement
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Bodexinvest: 2:05pm On Dec 18, 2023
Just live your life and forget about recieving gift from people. True love is actually dissappearing from humans.
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by zedegit: 2:05pm On Dec 18, 2023
ikeno:
You just want to get that feeling of receiving gift from someone. Buy a gift, something you would like, package it well then keep it till it's your special day then give it to any random person to give it to you as a gift from him to you.

Checkup at nearest psychiatrist home.
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Triplerg: 2:07pm On Dec 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Didn't you read where he said he had given gifts in the past? This is not unexpected of you anyway

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by virginchaser(m): 2:08pm On Dec 18, 2023
Birthday cards, valentine cards, wedding cards etc with precise writing expression of feelings to one another goes deep in to the heart than most expensive I phone.
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Equity15(m): 2:08pm On Dec 18, 2023
Very very normal. I just started receiving gifts recently since i became an adult from my current girlfriend. The First day she gifted me something (April 2022), i think i almost cried. Cause i remembered that since i started working, i have always been the one giving stuffs to people. The life of a man is hard.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed / Good Bye Nairaland.....i Am Killing Myself This Night / Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.