Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,178 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? (11220 Views)

Mum Rejects Car Gift From Son, Questions His Source Of Wealth (Pix, Video) / I've Never Seen A Girl As Dirty As My Cousin Sister / Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by phorget(m): 2:19pm On Dec 18, 2023
Check your circle of friends,your network normally determine your networth. If your circle of friends are those wretched individuals then what would you expect them to give you?

4 Likes

Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Teymanhenry(f): 2:20pm On Dec 18, 2023
it's abnormal when you give gifts to the right persons and not get gifts from same people or others.
If na only women you de give gifts, you go tire be dat
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Gboom: 2:21pm On Dec 18, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Its normal for black men from africa to not have received gifts
Says chinko from shyna
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by nini007(m): 2:24pm On Dec 18, 2023
Olodo24:
Is it normal that no one has ever gifted me anything on special occasions? I'm talking about Valentine, birthday and Christmas. I am 29, and since I became anything close to an adult, I've never had anyone care for me enough to show me love on these special days. Not from family, not from friends.

I am currently not dating and things are really rough for me right now, but I've gifted people in the past. I know some members here will say I'm feeling entitled to the outcome of other people's efforts, but that's really not the point. I just want to experience love and feel loved no matter how small. I can't ask for much.

Having people gift you things is a big flex. I'm not even talking about people coming through for one when one needs help because that one na long story.

So, guys, is this normal? Is it very much normal that feel unloved over this? I'm really over thinking it for sure, but I can't help it.
You already have the gift of life from God almighty.
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by LikeAking: 2:28pm On Dec 18, 2023
LooneyLester:
Same with me , I don't even celebrate my birthday, I just see my birthday as a normal day, I hate Christmas and everything that has to do with this pagan festival

Quiet!

You no hate ur condition na Xmas..
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by santos247(m): 2:36pm On Dec 18, 2023
Don't feel too bad about this. Many folks are in your shoes. Maybe its part of life. Lets hope when you get into a romantic relationship, you will get gifts.
I have received personal gifts from people sparingly as well but I know I have gifted far much more.
Even things like getting people to help with small small things are sometimes hard to get meanwhile, we dedicate ourselves to helping many people in our circle. Its part of life. As long as you see the hand of God upon your life, nothing much to worry about. Cheers.

Olodo24:
Is it normal that no one has ever gifted me anything on special occasions? I'm talking about Valentine, birthday and Christmas. I am 29, and since I became anything close to an adult, I've never had anyone care for me enough to show me love on these special days. Not from family, not from friends.

I am currently not dating and things are really rough for me right now, but I've gifted people in the past. I know some members here will say I'm feeling entitled to the outcome of other people's efforts, but that's really not the point. I just want to experience love and feel loved no matter how small. I can't ask for much.

Having people gift you things is a big flex. I'm not even talking about people coming through for one when one needs help because that one na long story.

So, guys, is this normal? Is it very much normal that feel unloved over this? I'm really over thinking it for sure, but I can't help it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by generationz(f): 2:48pm On Dec 18, 2023
Olodo24:

If you notice this pattern in your life then you can break it by being a giver. If you don't have money to give you can give others through teaching, mentorship, or the most powerful which is intercessory prayers through the help of the Holy Spirit. Give words of encouragement to people even if they don't ask for it you will see people will also give you.
Like 6 vs 8 says Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by generationz(f): 2:51pm On Dec 18, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Its normal for black men from africa to not have received gifts

Story. Just because you haven't received anything from your women doesn't mean others have. Many men receive help and support from ladies even in Africa. These men are sweet-tongued men who can meet a lady who loves them and she loans them money to start business or supports him till he gets a job etc. Some men are just charming and they know what to tell women to make them part with their money happily.
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by generationz(f): 2:52pm On Dec 18, 2023
We4all:
I have received gifts from family, but not from friends because I don't maintain friendship. One silent act no one talks about is the habit of gifting those who don't need it or already have.

I bet you're still broke and it's the reason no one is gifting you. If you become rich today, you will see so many 'eye service' people queuing up to present you a gift that you don't need.

Hmmmm....
True.
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Inspirer1: 2:54pm On Dec 18, 2023
Olodo24:

Some people are in your shoes too, no matter how well you give out or render assistance, quite difficult to get a reciprocal treatment.
Just accept your fate and hope in God Almighty alone, that will reduce disappointments.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:57pm On Dec 18, 2023
generationz:

If you notice this pattern in your life then you can break it by being a giver. If you don't have money to give you can give others through teaching, mentorship, or the most powerful which is intercessory prayers through the help of the Holy Spirit. Give words of encouragement to people even if they don't ask for it you will see people will also give you.
Like 6 vs 8 says Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

You didn't read where he said he has been giving?
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by 89green: 2:57pm On Dec 18, 2023
LooneyLester:
Same with me , I don't even celebrate my birthday, I just see my birthday as a normal day, I hate Christmas and everything that has to do with this pagan festival

Same as me as well
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Bowwow11(m): 3:00pm On Dec 18, 2023
Olodo24:

keep on hustling till you become somebody in life then people will start flogging you around with gifts to seek for your attention.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by desolute: 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2023
It's normal. The circle of friends you keep is a major factor and also the economic situation of the country is another factor. Stay contended with what you have.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Trustedpronet: 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2023
People gifted not because they Loved you, they gifted you because 98% amongst them want something in return. Work hard place yourself in a position where you give people endless hope...Gbam! See both your friends and enemies start puring out wanted and unwanted gifts on your laps.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by missionmex(m): 3:10pm On Dec 18, 2023
LooneyLester:

OYO is your case. We na Jesus we dey celebrate
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by femi4: 3:12pm On Dec 18, 2023
Olodo24:

Not even singlet n boxer on your birthday? Change your ways, start giving to others

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by HELLASJ(m): 3:12pm On Dec 18, 2023
I have something for you, that's if you're in Kaduna
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by deywinks29(m): 3:21pm On Dec 18, 2023
If you be guy YES if you be woman YOU GET PROBLEM 😂
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by bentenny(m): 3:22pm On Dec 18, 2023
Expect nothing from anyone and you will never be disappointed!
Rather expect more from yourself!
You will never go far in life with a takers mentality...rather try to turn the tables around and give what you have or can afford to the needy!
The happiness and joy in the faces of those that you give will give you a sense of fulfillment!
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Komu1048(m): 3:40pm On Dec 18, 2023
Olodo24:

I don’t think it’s normal, esp when friends, family n girlfriends haven’t. But i had a friend I met in one professional school like that, people always complain about his stinginess and how he doesn’t get deep with people. Like in the school, those that share hostel with him will tell you not to near his things.

U can’t borrow his gas, take out of his bread n even a single matches he won’t give you. He will always tell them he got his from his sweat so go get yours.

So when we somehow became close we discuss about it n he said his reason is he has never been helped in his life, he said whatever he couldn’t do on his own remains undone. So now that he is an adult he is already used to it, even if two of you are doing a work together he will ensure he find a way to divide the job so that he won’t do more than you.

I just told him it’s difficult to live life like that cox I don’t think we can go far in life without getting help when we needed one, I don’t think our effort only can take us far in life.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 18, 2023
You are not alone bro.
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Trojan8(m): 4:08pm On Dec 18, 2023
It's kind of normal. First time that I received was from a girl crushing on me in secondary school. Then my babe and a few other female friends. Never been gifted by a guy which is normal. I think here guys don't get shown love that way. It's more of an act of service thing
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Mayeldah(m): 4:10pm On Dec 18, 2023
My brother, don't dwell on this

This is Nigeria, men hardly receive gifts from anyone, including their partners

Only women and children get gifts regularly in Nigeria

The life no balance!
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Olodo24: 4:15pm On Dec 18, 2023
valentineuwakwe:
Perhaps you are not yet in love and have not given any gift to anyone to deserve same in return.....
I will give you one gift on Xmas day....pls do remind me
thanks, man. I'm just kinda sad about the experience. I can send you a mail?
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Mayeldah(m): 4:16pm On Dec 18, 2023
Chassy03:
You need spiritual cleansing

wetin dey bring spirituality into this matter now? cut the devil some slacks!
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Olodo24: 4:17pm On Dec 18, 2023
abba190:
u are not alone oo me too im 29 nd never receive anything but i dont care because i never give
why don't you give? We should always show love to one another
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Greenfaces: 4:22pm On Dec 18, 2023
Olodo24:

if you're a man, then yes. Give gifts to people and don't expect anything
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Greenfaces: 4:25pm On Dec 18, 2023
Olodo24:
I have given to people several times in the past. But it seems no one cares when it comes to me
guy be a man abeg. Stop throwing a pity party
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by imagrg(m): 4:28pm On Dec 18, 2023
The bitter truth is that, you nor fine. Beautiful ladies don't beg for gifts; they get it from admirers without asking for it.

Go and clean yourself up my dear! cool
Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by emanobis(m): 4:38pm On Dec 18, 2023
You are nt alone
It gives me d impression dt i'm nt meant to be a receiver, nt to depend on anyone; but a natural giver...giving at the right time for d right purpose

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? by Iluvmycontr3: 4:52pm On Dec 18, 2023
Have you been gifting those you are expecting from??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? / How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? / Who Is A God-fearing Individual?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.