Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,867 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress - Nairaland / General (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress (36047 Views)

Canada’s Global Talent: Get A Work Permit In As Little As 2 Weeks! / Show The Tangible Progress, Not Your Butts, Reno Omokri Reacts At #10yearschall / 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by yewit37486: 1:34pm On Dec 21, 2023
YoungBlackRico:
yes a 'consensus' from a certain region of the country. undecided

Well, that's your problem if you choose to keep being tribalistic in your world view. Hopefully, the new nairaland will be a sane place where toxic tribalism will not be enabled and that is what any forward thinking person would aspire to.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by tabaralph: 1:38pm On Dec 21, 2023
maureensylvia:
Greetings Seun
Creating your own host could be a really smart long-term solution, especially if it means you have more control and security over the server and Nairaland.

It's a big undertaking, but it could definitely be worth it in the end.

Nairaland is a multi billionaire investment, nothing is too much to keep it afloat, otherwise he should sell it to Facebook owner I understand that guy was interested in nairaland some years ago.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Southwestidiot: 1:38pm On Dec 21, 2023
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders and Advertisers.

Nairaland's server was taken down by our host's abuse team because of an abuse report that wasn't attended to on time.

After rectifying the error, we brought the server back for a few minutes, but they decided to take the server down again. Since then, we haven't heard from the abuse team, yet the support team keeps insisting that only the abuse team can help us.

So we had to transfer Nairaland to a temporary host in order to bring it back to you. A VERY time-consuming process. We are not fully back, even though most features of the site are working. We still have a long way to go. Additional downtime is likely; don't let it alarm you.

There's a lot more to say, but I have to go back to work to ensure that our return is permanent. Please forgive us for the stress we caused. We appreciate the love and support that you showed us during the ordeal. Nairaland is too important for us to let this happen again.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

I think say na hack Dem Even hack the site self.
Ok oo useless seun we don hear u
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by amnesty7: 1:39pm On Dec 21, 2023
ZKOSOSO:
Big Boss u really tried.

Pls change your mods in politics and religion sections.

Na dia wahala and yawa dey gazz off every time.
Especially those supporting genocide.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Ajoray: 1:41pm On Dec 21, 2023
Seun:

Nairaland's server was taken down by our host's abuse team because of an abuse report that wasn't attended to on time.

After rectifying the error, we brought the server back for a few minutes, but they decided to take the server down again. Since then, we haven't heard from the abuse team, yet the support team keeps insisting that only the abuse team can help us.

So we had to transfer Nairaland to a temporary host in order to bring it back to you. A VERY time-consuming process. We are not fully back, even though most features of the site are working. We still have a long way to go. Additional downtime is likely; don't let it alarm you.

There's a lot more to say, but I have to go back to work to ensure that our return is permanent. Please forgive us for the stress we caused. We appreciate the love and support that you showed us during the ordeal. Nairaland is too important for us to let this happen again.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

I wish you would be more innovative with this site. I get how the brand is the simplicity, but if you follow the suggestion of that guy on twitter, it will be nice.
Put more features, and put a switch option between both looks
You could easily have been the twitter of Nigeria based on when you started, but no, you go to twitter first to report that Nairaland is down

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Oladhips(m): 1:46pm On Dec 21, 2023
ArmaniUhuru:
See jobless people commenting anyhow. Which one “I was half dead before?” “I have been down” “My life has been boring”

Una better go find work o.

I no blame you sha grin grin

Only if you know how much people are making daily on NL

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by YoungBlackRico(m): 1:49pm On Dec 21, 2023
omoadeleye:
Sorry ern, we know the particular people reporting your website they were even celebrating the downtime of the website too. But God pass them
They were celebrating on twitter

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by YoungBlackRico(m): 1:50pm On Dec 21, 2023
yewit37486:

Well, that's your problem if you choose to keep being tribalistic in your world view. Hopefully, the new nairaland will be a sane place where toxic tribalism will not be enabled and that is what any forward thinking person would aspire to.
How about you lots stop being hypocritical?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by davit: 1:52pm On Dec 21, 2023
This is your cash cow. Pay close and good attention to it Seun Osewa.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by DaTruths: 1:53pm On Dec 21, 2023
Iambro:
build your own server

With how much?
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by ITbomb(m): 1:53pm On Dec 21, 2023
To bring down a loyal customer of almost a decade is not good, especially one who diligently make efforts to adhere to your terms.
No matter how good your services are

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by seborrhic: 1:55pm On Dec 21, 2023
Oladhips:

I no blame you sha grin grin

Only if you know how much people are making daily on NL
Some of them will never get sense.
They think some people that are on nairaland 24/7 do it out of idleness or joblessness,not knowing nairaland asides being the work station of some people,that others use it as sources of information that do determine or shape their businesses and services.
It's like X:it's now source of livelihood of millions of people that even necessitates they be on the forum always,otherwise them being offline or non responsive for a single minute or post can cost them millions.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by YoungBlackRico(m): 1:56pm On Dec 21, 2023
Hackportal:
You have been using this Forum as center of tribalism, you have been using this Forum to attack Igbos since 2015. You have to sit up Bro and preach against tribalism and bigotry in this Forum or else you gonna learn in the hard way again.

But you people can't live without it just the way you can't live without Nigeria
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by yewit37486: 1:57pm On Dec 21, 2023
YoungBlackRico:
How about you lots stop being hypocritical?

Who is you lots? Prove exactly how I have been hypocritical or forever keep silent. Nonsense. It is clear you must be one of the ones that run on tribalistic rampage here.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by deyplay: 2:00pm On Dec 21, 2023
Iambro:
build your own server
it is costly bro. Even X(Twitter) doesn't have its own server
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by PrinceOfLagos: 2:01pm On Dec 21, 2023
Prompto:
If you n your mod want to stop insult on Nairaland any insult or ethnic abuse should warrant auto disable of such account, tht way everyone will be cautious of what he or she says instead of the partial your mods show to fools like princeoflagos etc

merry Christmas and happy new year in-advance hater
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by YoungBlackRico(m): 2:03pm On Dec 21, 2023
yewit37486:

Who is you lots? Prove exactly how I have been hypocritical or forever keep silent. Nonsense. It is clear you must be one of the ones that run on tribalistic rampage here.
Prove what to whom? Your comments are enough to show where you lean. They'll be crying over the very same thing they are guilty of. Iranu
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by enemyofprogress: 2:03pm On Dec 21, 2023
Why you too go dey abuse your host? Person dey host you and you dey abuse am. O wrong now.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by gucci20(m): 2:04pm On Dec 21, 2023
Seun:

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

Please, kindly make a measure or appropriate team to always make a check on each post before posting it here!!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Tharealisrael(m): 2:05pm On Dec 21, 2023
I was so happy to learn that Nairaland is back, pls put in the right measure next time.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by chrisooblog: 2:05pm On Dec 21, 2023
Congrats Seun on getting Nairaland up and running even if partial.

This site has become a proudly Nigerian institution that needs support and protection. Don't hesitate to reach out to experts that will help protect and ensure this kind of thing doesn't affect this brand in the future.

Failure is always a necessary step to building a sustainable brand congratulations on taking the next step.

Seun:

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by coneh3ad: 2:06pm On Dec 21, 2023
No comment grin
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by yewit37486: 2:09pm On Dec 21, 2023
YoungBlackRico:
Prove what to whom? Your comments are enough to show where you lean. They'll be crying over the very same thing they are guilty of. Iranu

You are the true Iranu. Continue being a tribalistic human being. That is your life problem.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by ojonx(m): 2:13pm On Dec 21, 2023
Hmm! I miss Nairaland ooo. My favourite site.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by tobstarizhia(m): 2:14pm On Dec 21, 2023
Very soon this website would be blocked permanently. If you keep letting this place to be a bigot's nest

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Galadimabawa: 2:19pm On Dec 21, 2023
Men that was too too close, I almost lose faith. is high time I get an alternative platform where I can get news, infor in case this happens again.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Whatisurproblem(m): 2:25pm On Dec 21, 2023
Seun:

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
they just want to intimidate us but God pass them, my android was completely disabled like I don't have data but I have data because any moment I pick-up my phone, first app I open is Niraland. Thank God it's back oh
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Litmus: 2:26pm On Dec 21, 2023

Eh, shocked , so all this time wey vex won kill me due to all the trabal bigot wey full Nairaland, i could have reported Nairaland to some host Abuse team ?

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by sulaimon22: 2:26pm On Dec 21, 2023
TotoIsGud4boy:

Which end? Lol you just be saying anything …

I hope you know why the forum was banned from their host in the first place before you start spewing trash in my mention.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by ridwintin89(m): 2:27pm On Dec 21, 2023
Nairaland is my best friend.i am seriously pained when it was down. I am very happy to see it back and I want it to be fully back. Thanks for good job @ Seun
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by agabusta: 2:31pm On Dec 21, 2023
TheGift:
I can only imagine how useless and depressed some people may have felt. Considering they eat, live and breathe Nairaland.

#GetALife

#How's that ya bizness

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Green Snake In My House Pls Help!! / Pregnant Petrol Black Marketer Burnt To Death In Delta Accident With SUV (Graphi / Rainbow Seen In Lagos Today! (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.